Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,046 members, 7,863,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua (34571 Views)

More Details About Anthony Joshua (AJ) / Jose Mourinho Speaks About Anthony Martial And His First-team Chances / How Daily Mail Reported About Anthony Joshua In 2012 And In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by ipobarecriminals: 11:45am On May 01, 2017
sad whO be the hopeless coach in 2012?Nig govt are dreams killer
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by BabaO2: 11:45am On May 01, 2017
Timiblanko:
Now they can boostfuly call in a Nigerian. Nigeria dream killer... There are lot of people out there who can make Nigeria great but no they will destroy the rising star

Hiss
they would have messed up Dele Alli's career if he had opted to play for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by ipobarecriminals: 11:45am On May 01, 2017
sad whO be the hopeless coach in 2012?Nig govt are dreams killer
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Sultanchidi(m): 12:49pm On May 01, 2017
lemolemo:
See mumu big head, the dude represented England and won silver at the world amateur championship in 2011 and you think team GB will not select someone like that for the Olympic the following year. Wonder where you get your real news from, believing all you read on Linda Ikeji .Had he done bad , the news always goes British of Nigerian descent but if sporting heroes it's basically British, that's my point.
Gud, dey gave him d opportunity abi? Did ur beloved country gv him d same opportunity?No, what am saying is that he is d one dat remove his Nigerian name and not d British media. What abt d igbo lady that won silver and bronze for Britain did d British press change her name? It was his choice to remove d afonja name
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by sleepyeyez(m): 1:19pm On May 01, 2017
toptennaija:
1. Boxing Champion Of Nigeria Ancestry Anthony Joshua wanted to represent Nigeria at the 2012 olympics. But a coach in nigeria told him there was no chance. Joshua reportedly asked to join nigerian trials but was told that if he was good enough, he'd represent england instead of coming back to nigeria.

2.Joshua was born to a nigerian mother and a father of Nigerian and Irish descent. His cousin is fellow unbeaten professional boxer, Ben Ileyemi. The pair made their professional debut together in 2013

3.Joshua grew up much of his early years in nigeria and returned to U.K Halfway through Year 7 to join kings langley secondary school. He became a boxer in 2007 at the age of 18 after he was encouraged by his cousin.

4.As an upcoming boxer, joshua won numerous bouts and competition which made him a kid to watch out for
In 2011, He made it to the world amateur boxing championship in azerbaijan where he won silver medal.
Joshua won a olympic gold for great britain at the london olympics in 2012. As an amatuer, he won a gold medal in the super heavy-weight division at the 2012 olympics

5.As of march 2016, joshua is ranked the world's 8 best heavy weight boxer by the ring magazine. And currently boasts of a 100 percent knock out ratio.

6.He has won all the 15 bouts of his professional career

7. He worked as a bricklayer before taking up boxing full time

8.His mother yeti odusanya has not been in one of joshua's bout since his defeat in the 2011 world amateur boxing championship in azerbaijan

9. In 2009, joshua was remanded in reading prison U.K for what he describes as fightimg and other crazy stuff. He was made to wear a electronic tag on his ankle when released.

10.In march 2011, joshua was pulled over by police for overspeeding in Colindale, North London. He was found with 8 ounces of herbal cannabis hidden in his sports bag in his mercedes benz. He was charged with possession with intent to supply a class b drug.An offence that carries a maximum of 14 years sentence. Joshua was suspended From GB boxing squad and was sentenced to a 12-month community order and 100 hours unpaid work after pleading guilty at crown court

http://ttnaija..com.ng/2017/04/ten-intriguing-facts-about-anthony.html

watch-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ak8NFoGoBI
Misinformers club, I heail una.
Make una dey try dey do research n not jus copy n paste.
Error dey 3 n 6.
Joshua has won 19 of his professional fights not 15.
He spent "some" not "much"of his life in nigeria. He has spent much more years in d UK than nigeria.
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by FreeSpirited: 2:10pm On May 01, 2017
mytime24:
my type of man
U see them.....Maybe na in type of blow u like
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by sapele914(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2017
NnamdiiKanu:

He's not Nigerian

If you don't know speak any Nigerian language, you ain't a damn Nigerian

If you don't haven't been to Nigeria in the last 10 years, I'm sorry to hurt your feeling, you're not Nigerian

Just like that dumb fucck Abdullah muttalab that tried to blow up a plane, he wasn't born in Nigeria, he doesn't live in Nigeria, just because his parents once lived in Nigeria, he was called the "Nigerian highjacker" instead of a "British highjacker"

Anthony Joshua, my brother, it's too late, why not go to your country United kingdom(not a typo)
I was born in Lagos and grew up in Lagos but I don't speak any local dialect that means from your own theory I am not a Nigerian, I lived in Ohio and Florida for over 10 years I guess I am not a Nigeria for going on a sojourn. I hear you Mr Nigeria carry go MUMU.
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 01, 2017
NnamdiiKanu:

He's not Nigerian

If you don't know speak any Nigerian language, you ain't a damn Nigerian

If you don't haven't been to Nigeria in the last 10 years, I'm sorry to hurt your feeling, you're not Nigerian

Just like that dumb fucck Abdullah muttalab that tried to blow up a plane, he wasn't born in Nigeria, he doesn't live in Nigeria, just because his parents once lived in Nigeria, he was called the "Nigerian highjacker" instead of a "British highjacker"

Anthony Joshua, my brother, it's too late, why not go to your country United kingdom(not a typo)
Bad belle. Search for the video in which he spoke Yoruba and declared Eba and Egusi his favorite Nigerian food.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 01, 2017
sapele914:
I was born in Lagos and grew up in Lagos but I don't speak any local dialect that means from your own theory I am not a Nigerian, I lived in Ohio and Florida for over 10 years I guess I am not a Nigeria for going on a sojourn. I hear you Mr Nigeria carry go MUMU.

What language did you speak when you were growing up in Lagos ??
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by arif1026: 6:47am On May 03, 2017
I am sharing some points about Anthony Joshua.

1. He Is From?
2. A Late Bloomer
3. Move To London Made A Big difference
4. Got Arrested For Drugs
5. Wladimir Klitschko’s Prophecy
6. His Wish To Meet Barack Obama
7. 50 Cent Inspires him
8. The Champ Is Fast!
9. Has Been Honored By The Queen Of England
10. Plays Chess To Better His Game

To get an explanation of every point about Anthony Joshua facts check on link.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sepp Blatter: "Nigeria Will Be A Troublemaker At Russia 2018 World Cup" / Frank Lampard Takes Charge Of Chelsea Training For The First Time / Chelsea Treats Me Like A Criminal - Diego Costa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.