Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog (22991 Views)

May Day: Nigerian Workers’ Deserve To Be Celebrated - Orji Kalu / EFCC Has Frozen All My Accounts I Can't Feed My Family - Metuh / I’m Too Old To Be Any Politician’s Dog – Dele Momodu Reacts To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Solidkay(m): 4:38pm On May 01, 2017
MAY DAY: Shehu Sani advocates N145, 000 minimum wage for Nigerian workers

Says, ‘N18, 000 insufficient to feed politician’s dog in a month’

From Sola Ojo, Kaduna

As Nigerian workers joined their counterparts globally to observe this year’s May Day, Senator representing Kaduna Central at upper chamber of National Assembly, Shehu Sani, has advocated $300 ( aboutN145,000) as minimum wage for Nigerian workers.

The activist-turned politician, who stole the low-key workers celebration, in Kaduna, on Monday, when he stormed the venue without being officially invited by Union leaders, further described the current N18,000 minimum wage as ‘a big insult’ to Nigerian workers adding that, the amount was not even enough to feed a politician’s dog in a month.

According to the federal lawmaker, the Nigerian workers deserve to live better than they are currently living as the country is reach enough to comfortably pay them well but politicians and other public office holders have been stealing monies that would have been used to achieve that long ago quickly added that, all the politicians are well paid even though the system has made it difficult for them to display their genuine pay slip.

“When you say N56,00, or N60,000, sometimes all these things are tied to our foreign exchange. Nigerian workers should have not less than $300 per month and that will be between N140,000 and N150,000.

“I would be one of those that would push it forward. Nigeria has the resources to do that. The amount of money that is been used to maintain and sustain political office holders, the amount of money been wasted on corruption, the amount of money been stolen both known and unknown are monumental to the point that we cannot tell ourselves that such a country that pride itself as a giant of Africa will be paying less than $20 in the name of minimum wage.

“N18,000 or N20,000 minimum wage is an insult to Nigerian worker because it cannot sustain even a dog or security man in the house of a politician.

“So, as far as I am concern, I believe the only way to be fair and just is to peg it and we should not just peg it but rather make it a government policy. Public and private working places should maintain that especially you journalists that have no salary. I think there should be a law that should peg a minimum wage and take it to the dollar and that will be the best way to which workers will be able to sustain themselves and their family”, he added.

Earlier, Chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Kaduna State, Comrade Adamu Ango had called on states that owe their workers backlog of salaries and pension arrears to urgently address the issue saying enough is enough.

Also his counterpart in Trade Union Congress (TUC), Comrade Shehu Muhammed appealed to colleagues that the celebration has to be in low-key because of the unique event they are witnessing in Kaduna State where some teachers have been owed between six and sixteen months salaries.

“How can we celebrate when pensioners are dying because government deny them of their entitlement. The money that was even deducted from our salaries are still in government cofers.

“It is very sad. It is not going to be good of us to go out there and celebrate the way we use to do. May Day is not a political rally.

“The national assembly has failed in their responsibility as regarding critical issues that affect the nation but instead were busy with trivial issues like fake certificate, uniform among others. Our economic is sick and priority must be right because if we miss it now we may never get it right again.

“No company will spend less than a half a million in a month due to poor power supply. Any company that cannot cope will be forced to close shop and that has negatively affected our economy as a country.

“Illegal appointment and illegal extension of permanent secretaries who are supposed to have retired from active service to pave way for other Nigerian to be actively engaged is another big threat to our national growth and development all which must be addressed now in the interest of democracy and Nigerian masses”, he warned.

http://sunnewsonline.com/may-day-shehu-sani-advocates-n145-000-minimum-wage-for-nigerian-workers/

Happy new mnth n
Happy workers day NL
#Ssolidkay.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Mophasa(m): 5:05pm On May 01, 2017
True talk distinguished senator

Nigeria is rich enough to pay even more than that but our greedy politicians won't let it happen

We truly need a revolution in this country

Ftc dedicated to all those who want president Buhari to resign

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 01, 2017

Workers deserve 10 naira per month

If you're dumb enough to vote for a 90 year old donkey for change, you don't deserve more than 20 naira as your salary

You wanted change ?? Enjoy the change you voted for

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Untainted007: 5:09pm On May 01, 2017
Talk is cheap. Praticalising it is what matter. Nigerian politicians aren't only selfish but they are not there to represent us like they pretended to be before election. Only revolution and courage will help us.

19 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by braine(m): 5:09pm On May 01, 2017
150k is not feasible. It seems this guy just found his voice.

6 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 01, 2017
Nonsense talk.
U guys (politicians) cannot fool us forever.
That was what Adams Oshomole blab as a labor leader
.. .. What happened,
He married from Kenya Cape Verde

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Deborahj(f): 5:09pm On May 01, 2017
Cheap talk, what is the income of state government in Nigeria, many of them are still struggling to pay #18,000 minimum wage with backlog of salary been owe, I can tell you that Nigeria is a Poor country.

6 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by ifeanyija(m): 5:10pm On May 01, 2017
the Northerners dont deserve it, only for Southerners

6 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Teewhy2: 5:10pm On May 01, 2017
If them pay workers 150k, how business people , traders and artisans go make their money. I hope they will not increase their profit and Labour charge very high , which will make us go back to square one I think the best is for government to provide necessary infrastructure and enabling business environment which should translate to affordable living cost.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by 2shure: 5:11pm On May 01, 2017
Sheer wickedness
The rich never want u close to them financially
Rich getting massively richer
While poor getting stuck

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Arsenalholic1: 5:11pm On May 01, 2017
Deborahj:
Che
For Che Ryeong

Space booker international. The hustle is real

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Justicemy: 5:11pm On May 01, 2017
i hate Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Sunnycliff(m): 5:11pm On May 01, 2017
Insincerity of our political leaders and insensitivity to the plight of the common man, will never allow them to support you in this.
Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by drstan(m): 5:11pm On May 01, 2017
this is just the bitter truth, Nigeria can afford that, but due to the fact that the rate of dependency will be reduced and most political officials and the so called big men will lose some of there loyal "servant " due to the high pay will make this agitation not to see the light of the day.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Partnerbiz(f): 5:11pm On May 01, 2017
Him dey talk make them praise am. Mtchew

10 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by CXLVII: 5:12pm On May 01, 2017
Well said!

Civil service is like slavery in your own country!

The net worth of there dog is even more than that of an average civil servant

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by drstan(m): 5:12pm On May 01, 2017
kenonze:
Nonsense talk. U guys (politicians) cannot fool us forever. That was what Adams Oshomole blab.. .. What happened, He married from Kenya

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by konjinus(m): 5:12pm On May 01, 2017
Ehen
Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by jossy404: 5:12pm On May 01, 2017
Let him raise the motion first in the house and I will believe him......

Or advocate that the senators should be on minimum wage too......

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Howmon: 5:12pm On May 01, 2017
Over 10 million Nigerian workers are living and feeding well on 18000 minimum wage - Lie Mhm'd

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by greatgod2012(f): 5:12pm On May 01, 2017
Though true, but price control first, else, the essence of the increment will not manifest!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Justicemy: 5:12pm On May 01, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
Please oooo, I need 17 Nairalanders to come to my house to watch a movie with me. I wanted to watch it alone, but they said 18 and above...
wetin consine me??

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by bukynkwuenu: 5:12pm On May 01, 2017
grin
we know but pls make una start from #40k
make persin pikin no die
Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by CXLVII: 5:13pm On May 01, 2017
ifeanyija:
the Northerners dont deserve it, only for Southerners

Stop using your kidney to reason

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 01, 2017
It can only happen if Saraki is not the Senate President!
Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by greatcid02(m): 5:13pm On May 01, 2017
Well said my distinguished senator shehu sani.....we are behind u!!!
Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by tosin2013: 5:13pm On May 01, 2017
These politicians trying to play to the gallery. Hmmn.

This same guy may be the first to sack workers when he becomes governor.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by Sirheny007(m): 5:13pm On May 01, 2017
Fellow Nigerians...
150,000 a month??
Good one if ever it happens..
But are we not seeing the sign?
Further devaluation of the already done in Naira.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by tonio2wo: 5:14pm On May 01, 2017
The funny thing is there is this money to pay such but few criminals in guise of leaders will pocket it all.
Re: Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog by segebase(m): 5:14pm On May 01, 2017
vv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#panamapapers: EFCC, Interpol To Go After Saraki, Mark, Others / Saraki To Fayose, Others: Don’t Trivialise “serious National Issue” / BREAKING: FG Summons South Africa High Commissioner Over Xenophobic Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.