Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,417 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (429504 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2011
chormy:

lawyer

I have been offered a plot at Badore (withing the gates of Silverpoint estate) , on the search the land is GA. a call to the chairman reveals the estate was gazetted but the school and a few plots at the front were not included for some reason.
Now is it possibel to release the plot by paying the goverment the xN per meter to gain a secure ownership.

I have sited the DOA and it tallies with the local family etc the lawyer is happy on that subject, a survey we had done revealed the problem.

Any advise on how to proceed, the plot is reasonable price if you included the 1500n/meter costs to the LSG as i suspect we would have to pay to release the land.

chormy

Hi Chormy,

To be honest i have read your requisitions above 3 times but am trying to understand the message your trying to convey to me. So would you be kind enough to repeat and expaniate more or better still call me so i can explain better.

Cheers
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chormy: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
Lawyer

In short, the land in question is GA , there are two types I think assigned ie the Gov has something to go on it soon, and temperory which means it can be assigned to someone!

Now if it is temperory, CAN I !
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]Apply to have the land regularized in my name and obtain a correct tittle deed for the land. from then on apply to develop the land.

I'm just unsure of the process to get clear tiltle to this land if the GA will allow it.

Sorry if I'm unclear just bloody confused!
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by 2dmax(m): 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2011
I suggest u call lawyer. That guy busy die!
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by benmoses1: 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
Thank for the beautiful information given to the nigerians who have ears to listen, i wish to buy either 1plot or 2plots of land by ROAD SIDE in ajah, what is the minimum i should be expecting to pay? i also have 2plots of land at BOGIJE after Lekki beach which i have started developing but am now willing to dispose at 12million or exchange for land on road side as i intend to use the land for commercial purpose. I will be glad if you can help me out
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Vinsmuft(m): 7:15am On Apr 07, 2011
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by SANCTO: 2:46pm On May 19, 2011
@lawyer, i just bought a land (not in lagos), after surveying it, the surveyor told me about stamp duty. Is there anything like that?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DJA: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2011
Thanks so much for your expose.Plaese, in what way can you be if assistance to Ogun State land owners/intending owners?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lucabrasi(m): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2011
@lawyer
i sent you an email from my hotmail two days ago but i havnt gotten a reply yet could you acknowledge pls
thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lucabrasi(m): 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2011
@lawyer
hi got your message and i have sent you another email pls acknowledge if you have recieved it yet thnks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by george31(m): 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2011
@LAWYER, U are really a LIFE SAVER, GOD bless u greatly,

Our property company and some Omoonile's in Ibeju-lekki is in partnership to sell their lands so i will like to investigate this lands which is up to 240 acres. Pls expect the scanned survey in your email soon.

Thanks in anticipation,
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by temiD2: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2011
Mr. Lawyer,

Let me first really appreciate all your efforts in helping people like us from getting defrauded by the omoniles and dubious agents. Actually there was a land around Awoyaya town off Eputu old road, Ibeju-Lekki LGA that I would have blindly purchased last month safe for the knowledge that had been instilled into me by your posts. I took the copy of survey plan I collected to the surveyor's generals office in Alausa for confirmation only to be told the land is GA. I was really shocked  shocked going by all the assurance I've gotten from my agent & omonile.

Now I really need your help & proffessional service. Please kindly do let me know how best to reach you.

Thanks in advance
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
temi_D1:

Mr. Lawyer,

Let me first really appreciate all your efforts in helping people like us from getting defrauded by the omoniles and dubious agents. Actually there was a land around Awoyaya town off Eputu old road, Ibeju-Lekki LGA that I would have blindly purchased last month safe for the knowledge that had been instilled into me by your posts. I took the copy of survey plan I collected to the surveyor's generals office in Alausa for confirmation only to be told the land is GA. I was really shocked  shocked going by all the assurance I've gotten from my agent & omonile.

Now I really need your help & proffessional service. Please kindly do let me know how best to reach you.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your kind words sir. You can call me on 07036681104 or 08077943514 or mail me via nairalandlawyer@yahoo.com

Cheers and good to hear you were safe from the omonile
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by edfornaija: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2011
Please this is quite different.

Do you live around Lekki / Ajah or are very familiar with this route.

Pls can you tell me where exactly in Lekki is LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE.
Or Have you heard about it before?

I would appreciate it if you can tell me where exactly it is at Ajah or Lekki.
Y
ou could email gem4customers@yahoo.com or call 01 7656867

Thanks so much.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Tridexlog: 2:22am On Nov 24, 2011
Dear Lawyer,
Many thanx for d gr8 knowledge and awareness you hav given us, please do you have any info on credibility on this company called ambassage properties and their estate called platinum regal estate and if this land is off GA

Thanxs again grin
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by welf99: 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2012
I have a standard half plot of Land fenced round for sale at Cele Estate along Ijede Road just after Idiroko Bus stop, the location is densely populated with private acccomdation, 24/7 security and electricity is good. N1.5M asking price direct from owner, no agency commission. If you are interested please email me at lustre.classic@gmail.com or call 08068950458.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by saliubello(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2012
lawyer:

Hi Mark

Well to be honest, there are over 100 estates in the Mowe/ Ofada axis that it is very difficult to say which one is genuine and which one isnt and the last time i did an expose on it, it caused the greatest controversy in the property section so i have vowed to keep away from that axis and not comment too much on it anymore for now.

The only advice i would give you is that you should trace the company to its operational headquarters to visit it and see what goes on there and to make sure you alert your lawyer before you make any payment or if they give you any document to sign.

It is this lackadastical attitude of purchasers not engaging a property lawyer to advice them on the pros and con of buying into that estate that leads to all the complaints of recent arising from the mowe/ofada axis.

There are too many estates there and its very difficult to know which one has the largest subscribers or which one allocates its properties in time and in advance or which one is free from documentary defects or which one is suffering under huge loans they cant sustain and you the subscriber is suffering for.

Just engage your lawyer or go there to investigate before you put your money and dont let them bamboozle you to buy immediately because they tell you a plot is N200,000 and you think because its cheap you can afford it.

Cheap doesnt always mean better and could even lead you to more trouble. Its the bait these estates use to capture subscribers that they can't fulfill their obligations, so make sure you investigate their titles very well before you put your 10 kobo into it.

Anyway, not that i am holding forte for them but i have investigated Sherry View Estate thoroughly and so far so good, they arent that bad and keep to their own part of the bargain but please do your own research too before you think of using them. This is just my own opinion and it shouldnt be construed as a binding legal advice to patronize them.

Cheers!
The company I work with is also one with a clean slate. We have properties in that axis. Try us and you will be convinced. Propertmart Real Estate Investment Limited is our name. saliubello2003@yahoo.com or 08050323434 Bello for price and inspection
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by gwollay44: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
Hello Barrister,

I am based in Europe and my mum has been disturbing me on land issue

However,a friend in Nigeria told me land on sale by first trust investment

I want to know if the scheme can be trusted.

Thanks wink smiley[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by house4sale: 3:33pm On May 14, 2012
Twin 3 Bed Room Flat For Sale Location Delta State Abraka Contact Asap! Efe on 08072254852! Thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by CoolBabe1: 3:24pm On May 18, 2012
1 Plot of Land for SALE @ Igbogbo Govt residential scheme 1 in Ikorodu measuring 675 sqm please contact Rosemary on 0702 821 8520 if u r interested
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by liujenny(f): 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2012
too much useful knowledge!!!!thanks all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.