Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Clarification Of Peter Obi and his Watch(es) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clarification Of Peter Obi and his Watch(es) (436 Views)

Peter Obi And Wife, Margaret At Okey Mmuo Aroh Church Wedding In New York / Kwankwaso Meets With Peter Obi And Atiku In Abuja (Photos) / Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Clarification Of Peter Obi and his Watch(es) by sleemfesh: 7:37pm On May 01, 2017
The man said, "this is the only watch I have. I have worn it for 17yrs"

" This is the only watch I have" is present continuous tense. It does not make any claim to the past. So at the material moment this is the only watch he has. This doesn't mean last week he didn't have 20 for eg. That he has worn it for 17yrs means that in the course of the past 17yrs you will regularly see him wearing it. It does not mean he has worn ONLY it for 17yrs.

Why are Nigerians unnecessarily obsessed with matters that make no sense. This man made claims about governance and spending, has anyone disputed any of the numbers and postulations he put up? This is what the youth should concern themselves with and not watches worn and shoes owned. The man is passing a message and it is a concrete one.
Re: Clarification Of Peter Obi and his Watch(es) by PFRB: 10:52pm On May 01, 2017
Yes, he did not say, """This is the only watch I have ever had or this is the only watch I have always had.""""

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Amaechi Saying He's Not Corrupt On Channels News / May Day: Workers Demand N65.000 Minimum Wage / Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Injured In Nigeria's Air Force Airstrikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.