Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,805 members, 7,844,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole (20622 Views)

See How A White Man Is Treated In A Nigerian Palace / Cedarcrest Hospital Where Yusuf Buhari Is Being Treated After Accident (Photo) / PDP Convention: It’s Risky To Elect Anyone With EFCC Case, Kashamu Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by strangest(m): 11:36am On May 02, 2017
johnmarcel:
u dey fear war?

Nope.. . It's the setback and life waste that I am afraid of
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by Bolster(m): 11:39am On May 02, 2017
wizzyrich:
doesn't he have one head like u ? Or does he have two heads ?

The word "president" is just a title. Buhari is a human being like u and I, stop treating him like a demi-god.

Actually, that title of 'President' entitled him to privileges, treatment and opportunities you and I don't have access to. These things comes with the title. We may have same rights with him but let's not fool ourselves, we don't have same privileges. It's normal practice everywhere in the world.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by ephi123(f): 12:05pm On May 02, 2017
2shure:
I need a honest response.
Do presidents or leaders in foreign countries get flown abroad for treatment.
Lets say the president of usa.
President of russia
South africa
Kenya
North korea
Have u ever heard where they were flown abroad to places like india and d rest word and opposite countries for treatment.
It only happens in nigeria

Nigerian leaders unfortunately do not have shame.

We must not see his legs in London. The NHS was developed using British tax payers money and NI contributions. Develop your own darn healthcare systems.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by ephi123(f): 12:07pm On May 02, 2017
Bolster:

Actually, that title of 'President' entitled him to privileges, treatment and opportunities you and I don't have access to. These things comes with the title. We may have same rights with him but let's not fool ourselves, we don't have same privileges. It's normal practice everywhere in the world.

Imagine trying to justify this?

Normal practice everywhere is not EQUAL to the No 1 citizen travelling to FOREIGN countries for treatment. No sense of patriotism or dignity left amongst these people, was the NHS developed using Nigerian naira?

Leaders should lead by example.

He must receive his treatment in Nigeria. He is a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by Mustay(m): 12:41pm On May 02, 2017
Waiting for those who will turn the man's picture to a meme cheesy

1 Like

Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by bizzibodi(m): 5:24pm On May 02, 2017
a cat with 9 lives,buhari whey don resume today,cnt a presidnet rest frm stress again?he always dissapoint wailers.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by Bolster(m): 4:33am On May 03, 2017
ephi123:

Imagine trying to justify this?

Normal practice everywhere is not EQUAL to the No 1 citizen travelling to FOREIGN countries for treatment. No sense of patriotism or dignity left amongst these people, was the NHS developed using Nigerian naira?

Leaders should lead by example.

He must receive his treatment in Nigeria. He is a Nigerian.

No, normal practice everywhere is for the No 1 citizens to have privileges other citizens don't and can't have. Why are citizens ready to take the bullets for the President? The title. The office. The privilege. No 1 citizens are NEVER same with other citizens, don't fool yourself. Yes, same inalienable rights but NOT same privileges.

Why is the US taxpayers paying for Donald Trump security and protection as he goes to his own Club at Mar-a-Lago every weekend to play golf when Camp David the usual US President country retreat is there? Privilege.

Do you think if Trump or Theresa May or Angel Merkel or Putin is sick these leaders will be attended to at the same usual hospital every other citizens go to? Of course not. These are leaders. They will get the best doctors, the most equipped hospital and the best facilities.

The question now is do we have in Nigeria the same standard of hospital that Trump will go in the US? No we don't. Do we have in Nigeria same standard of hospital Putin will be treated in if his sick in Russia? No we don't. Is it President Buhari's fault that we don't have such standard of hospital in Nigeria? Of course not because he had only ruled for 2 years and you can't have such standard of hospital befitting a President developed within just 2 years.

Let's not be myopic and hypocritical about this. If for 16 years the past administrations couldn't develop a world class hospital in Nigeria befitting a President, don't blame President Buhari's for that. You know who to blame.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by StraightSetter(m): 5:51am On May 03, 2017
With the number of anti-Buharis around, I doubt and hope not.

The doctors will intentionally make a mistake during a procedure. And that will be it.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by ephi123(f): 8:41am On May 03, 2017
Bolster:

No, normal practice everywhere is for the No 1 citizens to have privileges other citizens don't and can't have. Why are citizens ready to take the bullets for the President? The title. The office. The privilege. No 1 citizens are NEVER same with other citizens, don't fool yourself. Yes, same inalienable rights but NOT same privileges.

Why is the US taxpayers paying for Donald Trump security and protection as he goes to his own Club at Mar-a-Lago every weekend to play golf when Camp David the usual US President country retreat is there? Privilege.

Do you think if Trump or Theresa May or Angel Merkel or Putin is sick these leaders will be attended to at the same usual hospital every other citizens go to? Of course not. These are leaders. They will get the best doctors, the most equipped hospital and the best facilities.

The question now is do we have in Nigeria the same standard of hospital that Trump will go in the US? No we don't. Do we have in Nigeria same standard of hospital Putin will be treated in if his sick in Russia? No we don't. Is it President Buhari's fault that we don't have such standard of hospital in Nigeria? Of course not because he had only ruled for 2 years and you can't have such standard of hospital befitting a President developed within just 2 years.

Let's not be myopic and hypocritical about this
. If for 16 years the past administrations couldn't develop a world class hospital in Nigeria befitting a President, don't blame President Buhari's for that. You know who to blame.

What is hypocritical about asking the president of a country to use the services provided by his country? Don't you guys have any sense of patriotism or dignity?

Let Buhari use the best of hospitals in NIGERIA. What is hard in that?

Your arguments do not even align at all - you are giving examples of Trump and Putin using the best facilities in THEIR COUNTRIES!! Not in West Africa or wherever else.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by Bolster(m): 12:41pm On May 03, 2017
ephi123:

What is hypocritical about asking the president of a country to use the services provided by his country? Don't you guys have any sense of patriotism or dignity?

Let Buhari use the best of hospitals in NIGERIA. What is hard in that?

Your arguments do not even align at all - you are giving examples of Trump and Putin using the best facilities in THEIR COUNTRIES!! Not in West Africa or wherever else.

That's the hypocrisy I was talking about. Do Nigeria have the hospital that befits a President? No. Is it a shame on Nigeria? Yes. Does President Buhari have to pay with his life to prove a point? Of course not. If we don't have a befitting presidential hospital, the standard he could get else, does President have to refuse to go there to get well? No, expect you have myopic thinking process.

Refusing to go for the best available treatment is NOT patriotism but stupidity. As the President of a nation, agreeing to go to substandard hospital and risking your life is not dignity but stupidity. So let's not confuse patriotism with stupidity.

Let's build a world class health care system and hospitals first, so that when our leaders still opt for medical tourism we can talk about patriotism and dignity, until then there is absolutely nothing wrong in the President, the No 1 citizen of Nigeria going anywhere in the world to have the best available medical treatment.

And don't blame President Buhari for lack of such world class hospital, he's just been there for 24 months.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by ephi123(f): 12:52pm On May 03, 2017
Bolster:

That's the hypocrisy I was talking about. Do Nigeria have the hospital that befits a President? No. Is it a shame on Nigeria? Yes. Does President Buhari have to pay with his life to prove a point? Of course not. If we don't have a befitting presidential hospital, the standard he could get else, does President have to refuse to go there to get well? No, expect you have myopic thinking process.

Refusing to go for the best available treatment is NOT patriotism but stupidity. As the President of a nation, agreeing to go to substandard hospital and risking your life is not dignity but stupidity. So let's not confuse patriotism with stupidity.

Let's build a world class health care system and hospitals first, so that when our leaders still opt for medical tourism we can talk about patriotism and dignity, until then there is absolutely nothing wrong in the President, the No 1 citizen of Nigeria going anywhere in the world to have the best available medical treatment.

And don't blame President Buhari for lack of such world class hospital, he's just been there for 24 months.

We should blame you instead I guess. Smh.

Imagine the nonsense. Justifying a president flying overseas for treatment. So other Nigerians can die like chickens right? Because they are not the president, they are free to use crap hospitals. I know your kind.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by Bolster(m): 1:12pm On May 03, 2017
ephi123:

We should blame you instead I guess. Smh.

Imagine the nonsense. Justifying a president flying overseas for treatment. So other Nigerians can die like chickens right? Because they are not the president, they are free to use crap hospitals. I know your kind.

Yes don't blame Buhari for that. And in a way you're right you can blame Nigerians that consistently kept voting the most corrupt party in the history of Nigeria for 16 years.

Meanwhile, you really don't understand the difference between rights and privileges. Yes every Nigerians have same inalienable rights to good health care for example, but we don't all have same privileges. You will be living in a fool's paradise if you think you have same privileges and entitlements as the President of a country. No my dear it is not obtainable anywhere in the world.

Go to the more developed nations, do you think the President visit same hospital as the rest of the citizens? That's the power of privileges. Even the rich and the poor don't visit same hospitals. Again, privileges (provided by wealth).

The President have planes at his disposal to travel anywhere. Do every citizen in the country have such planes at our disposal? No. Again privileges. The President of any nation moves around with stern-looking armed guards. Do you or I have such guards when we go out? No. Again privileges. The rich may be able to afford guards, but the poor can't. Again, privileges (provided by wealth).

Again in all nations of the world, the No 1 citizens of those countries have privileges the rest of the citizens don't and can't have. It's NORMAL.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by ephi123(f): 1:18pm On May 03, 2017
Bolster:

Yes don't blame Buhari for that. And in a way you're right you can blame Nigerians that consistently kept voting the most corrupt party in the history of Nigeria for 16 years.

Meanwhile, you really don't understand the difference between rights and privileges. Yes every Nigerians have same inalienable rights to good health care for example, but we don't all have same privileges. You will be living in a fool's paradise if you think you have same privileges and entitlements as the President of a country. No my dear it is not obtainable anywhere in the world.

Go to the more developed nations, do you think the President visit same hospital as the rest of the citizens? That's the power of privileges. Even the rich and the poor don't visit same hospitals. Again, privileges (provided by wealth).

The President have planes at his disposal to travel anywhere. Do every citizen in the country have such planes at our disposal? No. Again privileges. The President of any nation moves around with stern-looking armed guards. Do you or I have such guards when we go out? No. Again privileges. The rich may be able to afford guards, but the poor can't. Again, privileges (provided by wealth).

Again in all nations of the world, the No 1 citizens of those countries have privileges the rest of the citizens don't and can't have. It's NORMAL.

Stop turning the topic upside down. No one is debating whether presidents have privileges or not, it is obvious common sense that they do. Using other countries' facilities is not a privilege, it is a disgrace no matter how people like you try to coat it.

The question is how does it make any sense for a president not to patronize its own local goods and services?
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by Bolster(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2017
ephi123:

Stop turning the topic upside down. No one is debating whether presidents have privileges or not, it is obvious common sense that they do. Using other countries' facilities is not a privilege, it is a disgrace no matter how people like you try to coat it.

The question is how does it make any sense for a president not to patronize its own local goods and services?

This is where you got it wrong. If using other country's facilities will save his life and he has the privilege to use it, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The death of the President have more consequences on the economy of the country than the death of another citizen. Harsh, but that's the truth. So everything, and I mean everything will be done to preserve his or her life. That's leadership.

Meanwhile don't confuse eating Ikorodu coconut instead of that imported from Bahamas with medical treatment. Big difference my dear. Consuming Made in Nigeria doesn't mean the President should unnecessarily risk his good health and life. Big difference.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by ephi123(f): 1:47pm On May 03, 2017
Bolster:

This is where you got it wrong. If using other country's facilities will save his life and he has the privilege to use it, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The death of the President have more consequences on the economy of the country than the death of another citizen. Harsh, but that's the truth. So everything, and I mean everything will be done to preserve his or her life. That's leadership.

Meanwhile don't confuse eating Ikorodu coconut instead of that imported from Bahamas with medical treatment. Big difference my dear. Consuming Made in Nigeria doesn't mean the President should unnecessarily risk his good health and life. Big difference.

Defend all you want but don't abuse the word leadership. Countries with true leadership are where they should be. Don't let's get things twisted.

Well, we can see where that's gotten him.

Continue the defense rather than holding leaders accountable. Goodluck to you.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by Bolster(m): 7:27pm On May 03, 2017
ephi123:

Defend all you want but don't abuse the word leadership. Countries with true leadership are where they should be. Don't let's get things twisted.

Well, we can see where that's gotten him.

Continue the defense rather than holding leaders accountable. Goodluck to you.

I can't hold Buhari accountable for this. He's just been there in about 24 months. None of those foreign countries you use as references built what they have in 24 months. However, if you're talking about the leaders we had in the last 16 years then I agree we need to hold them accountable. But not Buhari, at least not on the issue of lack of world class hospital in Nigeria.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by ephi123(f): 7:29pm On May 03, 2017
Bolster:

I can't hold Buhari accountable for this. He's just been there in about 24 months. None of those foreign countries you use as references built what they have in 24 months. However, if you're talking about the leaders we had in the last 16 years then I agree we need to hold them accountable. But not Buhari, at least not on the issue of lack of world class hospital in Nigeria.

Crap.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by Bolster(m): 7:41pm On May 03, 2017
ephi123:

Crap.
Lol. Thank you, but that doesn't dispute the fact I posted.
Re: It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole by felicitywe(m): 7:50pm On May 03, 2017
izombie:
the thing tire me o. And people are blaming cabal up and down. Buhari is the president, he should give an order for him to be taken to hospital and thats it. He's not a baby.
are you his wife?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo / Dispute Over Old Naira Validity Pitches APC Govs Against FG / Dedication Of Church Built By Governor Wike (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.