Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,127 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Security Vote, Biggest Source Of Waste – Gov. Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Vote, Biggest Source Of Waste – Gov. Peter Obi (296 Views)

Uzodinma Forfeits Security Vote For Workers’ Salaries / Gov. Peter Obi N250m In Three Suitcases: An Insider’s Account / Ortom To EFCC: Begin Security Vote Probe From Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Security Vote, Biggest Source Of Waste – Gov. Peter Obi by Ogirigi: 11:09am On May 02, 2017
Former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has described security votes as the biggest source of waste in the country and asked that governors be made to account for them.

Obi, who also described security votes as unconstitutional, spoke at The Platform, a programme organised by Covenant Christian Centre, Lagos.

The former governor said: “Let me tell Nigerians; there is nothing in our constitution called security votes. Anybody who tells you that is lying. It is a terminology that was formulated over the years. What we have is contingency fund.

“I can say today that it is being abused; it has become our biggest source of waste. Today it is about 30 percent of expenditure.

“For me, there is need to review it. In fact, what I say to people is that when you finish being a governor, in Anambra State for example, where I finished, I should be invited to account for security votes, so people will know that when you are done, you give account.”

SOURCE: http://www.thekalabaris.com/2017/05/02/security-vote-biggest-source-of-waste-gov-peter-obi/
Re: Security Vote, Biggest Source Of Waste – Gov. Peter Obi by OfficialAwol(m): 11:18am On May 02, 2017
Because he's out of the sit ba? meanwhile

EVERY WHITE IS NOT WHITE: WHEN WILL THE MUMU OF AFRICAN GIRLS DO?

Patrice Lumumba, one of the greatest African leaders of the past whom the CIA made sure they dislodged, the Belgian nightmare, declared on his Independence Day address and said to Belgium, "We are no longer your monkeys". But several years down the line, one is tempted to ask if that statement reflects reality.

For some days now, videos and pictures have been circulating round the social media spectrum, depicting the brutality, hostility and rashness of Indians to African girls, both in India, and back home here in Nigeria.

The picture below is one of those pictures. But though I cannot verify the truth value of the claim that the girl below was killed by Indians, there's, however, no denying the fact that our African girls in general, and Nigerian girls in particular, are "mad over" whitemen. But who are whitemen?

Most Africans confuse any man with the colour other than black, as White. Many do not know that there are Whites, Asians, Indians, Lebanese, and some others. Most of these guys, except the core whites to some extent, were chased out of their country by Hunger prompting them to smuggle themselves into African countries where they know they are wrongly deified.

Our girls are the hardest hit. They would dump their faithful Nigerian/African promising guys just because an Asian or Red Indian winked at her. The result is either she gets trafficked into their country for prostitution and sex slavery or she is brutally raped and used as a petri dish for experimenting their barbarism because the truth is that they can't pay her the millions they promised her for a night as some of them could actually be hungrier than the girl.

This is a wake up call to all African girls. Think African. No harm in marrying a non African, some are phenomenal guys, but look before you leap. Don't let materialism drive you to early grave. There's a purpose you were meant to achieve.

Shalom

#AWOL wrote it.
Re: Security Vote, Biggest Source Of Waste – Gov. Peter Obi by Greatigbos(f): 11:47am On May 02, 2017
so on point

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Cannot Withstand Another Four Years – PDP Chieftain, Doherty / Update: Babangida Aliyu Granted N150m Bail / When Lying Becomes An Art

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.