Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos (7591 Views)

Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Palace On Fire / Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by koladebrainiac(m): 2:58pm On May 02, 2017
Oba of Lagos Island not Lagos state. he should say that to onikoyi of ikoyi
lols this Oba get small sense with fake identity .

3 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Greatigbos(f): 2:58pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol, everyone saw through you when you created this thread, not as if we are surprised anyway, who doesn't know that Igbos have no moral compass or stability... Baale of Isale Eko who was their mortal enemy 1 month ago can become their best friend tomorrow if he says anything against other Yorubas or something that romances their fragile Egos.

FFK comes to mind. Hated by them yesterday, loved by them right now... probably to be hated again tomorrow. grin

u guys are the problem .....u guys were parising him wen he made the comment that he will send igbos dat didnt vote for apc to lagoon

now u guys are crying over ipod

una head dey correct ni

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by mannymoney: 3:00pm On May 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Very funny

i think the people he is calling bini are actually ijaw. it is easier to travel the distance sitting in boat than on foot with all the wild animals.

There is no physical record of bini people going as far as ondo or beyond but we have ijaws deep into the coastal area of Ondo bordering Lagos and as far as Benin Rep, Togo, Ghana, Sierra Leone.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by YonkijiSappo: 3:05pm On May 02, 2017
Greatigbos:

u guys are the problem .....u guys were parising him wen he made the comment that he will send igbos dat didnt vote for apc to lagoon
now u guys are crying over ipod
una head dey correct ni

See lies.
Some Yorubas spoke out against him, some supportd his statement, mostly in light of the support for APC in Lagos state.
Just like in Every rational population of the world, the Yorubas either chided the Oba or supported his statements.... that's only normal.

You people can start sucking Baale of Idumota's balls like Agbalumo for all I care. I hope you know the Obi of Onitsha is a purely Benin institution.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Greatigbos(f): 3:06pm On May 02, 2017
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Greatigbos(f): 3:06pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

See lies.
Some Yorubas spoke out against him, some supportd his statement in light of the support for APC in Lagos state.
Just like in Every rational population of the world, the Yorubas either castigated or supported his statements.

You people can start sucking Baale of Idumota's balls like Agbalumo for all I care. I hope you know the Obi of Onitsha is a purely Benin institution.

u can lie

am done....i dont even have time for u here

i gat many things to do

bye

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by YonkijiSappo: 3:07pm On May 02, 2017
Greatigbos:

u can lie

am done

Who send you.
If you like be cooked.

11 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Noneroone(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

See lies.
Some Yorubas spoke out against him, some supportd his statement, mostly in light of the support for APC in Lagos state.
Just like in Every rational population of the world, the Yorubas either chided the Oba or supported his statements.... that's only normal.

this one don shift to Onitsha. Lol

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by YonkijiSappo: 3:14pm On May 02, 2017
Noneroone:
this one don shift to Onitsha. Lol

Just letting you know that Obi Achebe TRACED the FOUNDING and SETTLEMENT of Onitsha back to Benin.
Unlike Lagos Island (Islae Eko) that remains 100% Yoruba property of the Aworis.

9 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Noneroone(m): 3:17pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Just letting you know that Obi Achebe TRACED the FOUNDING and SETTLEMENT of Onitsha back to Benin.
Unlike Lagos Island (Islae Eko) that remains 100% Yoruba property of the Aworis.
yes binis has influence in onitsha traditional institution but settlement is a different thing. How can it have early bini settlement when all the adjacent lands including Asaba are Igbos.

The most important thing is that the custodian of lagos history and culture just state that lagos is actually not yorubaland. Yorubaland is landlocked!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by YonkijiSappo: 3:19pm On May 02, 2017
Tell that to Obi Achebe who said the Founders of Onitsha were Benin folk, not me.
Igbos later came from the hinterland and outnumbered the Real Onitsha Benins.
Till today, real Onitsha indigenes are still craving for their Benin origins. grin

Infact All Igbo Obis are all children of Oduduwa via Benin.

6 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by YonkijiSappo: 3:21pm On May 02, 2017
Noneroone:
yes binis has influence in onitsha traditional institution but settlement is a different thing. How can it have early bini settlement when all the adjacent lands including Asaba are Igbos.

The most important thing is that the custodian of lagos history and culture just state that lagos is actually not yorubaland. Yorubaland is landlocked!

lol, you dont even know that Yorubaland has lovely beautiful coastlines in Three different states, while Igbos have coaslines on the Beijing and Mumbai beaches of Asia.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Noneroone(m): 3:21pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Tell that to Obi Achebe who said the Founders of Onitsha were Benin folk, not me.
Igbos later came from the hinterland and outnumbered the Real Onitsha Benins.
Till today, real Onitsha indigenes are still craving for their Benin origins. grin

Infact All Igbo Obis are all children of Oduduwa via Benin.
lets face topic now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by MrMaestro: 3:22pm On May 02, 2017
I wonder if anyone would be claiming eko if Tinubu, Fashola, and Ambode weren't governors of Lagos and didn't lead it to what it is today. No one seems to be wanting to claim the current capital, Abuja. But that's none of my business.

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Noneroone(m): 3:23pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol, you dont even know that Yorubaland has lovely beautoful coastlines in Three different states, while Igbos have coaslines on the Beijing and Mumbai beaches of Asia.
the original owners of those ones will soo e revealed. Btw just leave Igbo out of this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by YonkijiSappo: 3:25pm On May 02, 2017
Noneroone:
the original owners of those ones will soo e revealed. Btw just leave Igbo out of this.

lol, don't worry, the Ijebu watersiders of Lekki and Ode Omi, Remos of Ikorodu, Ilajes of Araromi seaside, Aiyetoro and mahin, and Aworis of Ebute Meta will soon reveal that they are Igbo.
Same way the people from Ijebu Igbo are Igbos. grin

mumu! shocked

10 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by ozoebuka1(m): 3:25pm On May 02, 2017
Like play like play truth is coming out... you can't hide truth forever sha. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Noneroone(m): 3:27pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol, don't worry, the Ijebu watersiders of Lekki and Ode Omi, Remos of Ikorodu, Ilajes of Aiyetoro and mahin, and Aworis of Ebute Meta will soon reveal that they are Igbo.
Same way the people from Ijebu Igbo are Igbos. grin

mumu! shocked
are u obsessed with Igbo? Pls dont vent ur anger on me. Go to akiolu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by YonkijiSappo: 3:28pm On May 02, 2017
Noneroone:
are u obsessed with Igbo? Pls dont vent ur anger on me. Go to akiolu.

Go to our son, Obi Achebe cool

People usually say that SE begins at river Niger but the real truth is that Igboland begins after Onitsha. .... cool

8 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by ozoebuka1(m): 3:29pm On May 02, 2017
Noneroone:

Lol, you be beast, the thing go. pain my yoruba brothers well well, lmao @landlocked!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Olu317(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
Yinmu. It's too late for anyone to rewrite the history of the tiny Lagos Island stretch (not even the entire Lagos state), certainly not insignificant and puny binis. Shiorrr. Ijeshas don already displace whatever is left of bini bloodline in the stool tey tey.

Eyin boys, won tun ti debi o.

9jakool
YonkijiSappo
aljharem
walexy100
Olu317
The OP, just want people to comment on his thread. His information isn't even accurate. And Akiolu cannot say such. He blundered and who ever he represents have failed on this one. Oba Akiolu made the silliest mistake of a life time.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Oxtonguy: 3:39pm On May 02, 2017
ozoebuka1:
Lol, you be beast, the thing go. pain my yoruba brothers well well, lmao @landlocked!! grin
Naij.com another public forum run by hungry blogger is bringing news that fit ur ego, u are mustubating. if not for lunacy of some of una isale eko a yoruba name surronded by yoruba town in mainland as far to benin republic is said not to be yoruba land by a yoruba monarch with yoruba name surrondded by yoruba cabals. And you are celebrating, common sense is only needed in situations like this. Where is henrydon sef c how them dey tarnish ur king reputation oo shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by massive102: 3:56pm On May 02, 2017
Turn Your Website Into a thriving Supermarket. Get A Premium E-commerce Website

If your business is not online in 2017, you would be swimming against the current.

With increasing need to tap from online opportunities, every businessman or woman is looking to have an online store where he or sell can sell their range of products and services.

According to PayPal, "Nigeria is the 3rd highest mobile shopper worldwide - only after China & India!"

That's massively huge because "Nigerian online shoppers have realized the world is their shopping mall and shop wherever and whenever using their mobile devices because they are generally sophisticated mobile users and this sophistication is aiding small businesses".

That is why your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 02, 2017
Here is the claim of the Oba of Lagos (date 5:28):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

Here is a pre-colonial map proving the claim of the Oba of Lagos:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b77595185.r=biafra?rk=21459;2

Oxtonguy:
Naij.com another public forum run by hungry blogger is bringing news that fit ur ego, u are mustubating. if not for lunacy of some of una isale eko a yoruba name surronded by yoruba town in mainland as far to benin republic is said not to be yoruba land by a yoruba monarch with yoruba name surrondded by yoruba cabals. And you are celebrating, common sense is only needed in situations like this. Where is henrydon sef c how them dey tarnish ur king reputation oo shocked
Also, there is no hitoric record of Yorubaland before the 19th century. And what you refer to as yorubaland can actually be seen as being a part of the Benin empire in early precolonial maps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by irepnaija4eva(m): 4:04pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol, everyone saw through you when you created this thread, not as if we are surprised anyway, who doesn't know that Igbos have no moral compass or stability... Baale of Isale Eko who was their mortal enemy 1 month ago can become their best friend tomorrow if he says anything against other Yorubas or something that romances their fragile Egos.

FFK comes to mind. Hated by them yesterday, loved by
them right now... probably to be hated again tomorrow. grin

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...
Literally.
Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by YonkijiSappo: 4:10pm On May 02, 2017
irepnaija4eva:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...
Literally.

lol coming from the same people who always scream and cry that Yorubas are using Divide and rule to dominate them grin

7 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 02, 2017
koladebrainiac:
Oba of Lagos Island not Lagos state. he should say that to onikoyi of ikoyi
lols this Oba get small sense with fake identity .
It seems like the national sport in the mythical "yorubaland" is to rewrite history. The Oba of Lagos or more accurately the Eleko Eko is the King of the entire Lagos. And his claims are backed by precolonial documents. face the facts and stop whining !
Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by GMbuharii: 4:12pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Lol - I have learnt over time not to take anything that comes from that LIE-J.com website serious. They can lie ehhhn, lol!

First When did the Baale of Idumota say that? lol Lies, If he utters any such statement, the Idejo White cap chief Institution of the Aworis whom he represents will simply call a council and dethrone him.

Second Lagos is 100% Yoruba land.
No amount of false peddling of half baked or false news will change that.

Awa la l'eko... Ipinle Eko, ilu aromisa legbe legbe! Ko de ni Baje lai lai cool

beeni o,ilu eko ko ni baje,o..ilu eko,cone_heads metropolitan,ko le baje,lai lai grin
come on,eko ile...yo yo yo,lagos cireee cool

grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by irepnaija4eva(m): 4:15pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol coming from the same people who always scream and cry that Yorubas are using Divide and rule to dominate them grin

Lol..nah not dominate as u said.
Divide and rule to cause disharmony among brethrens.
Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by YonkijiSappo: 4:20pm On May 02, 2017
irepnaija4eva:

Lol..nah not dominate as u said.
Divide and rule to cause disharmony among brethrens.

Eeeehen!
So what is the rule part in the "Divide and rule"

Seems like you do not not even know the essence of the concept you people use around so loosely

8 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:23pm On May 02, 2017
Let no man be deceived. Anyway na tinubu put am there. When I said it that let Adebiyi be the oba or adeniji adele you are now. Like fashola like rilwan

We in Lagos island and Lagos at large are yorubas, the land is Yoruba, culture yoruba etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:25pm On May 02, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Don't pay attention to them, we are not stupid like them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pre-colonial Homosexuality / Brave New World: Overhauling Igbo Grammar / Esan Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.