Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68288 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
There are few things in existence that can scare Nostra, his years as a bounty hunter has exposed him to lots of dangers that fear cannot easily shake him. It has been a long time he has ever really felt close to dying, that is until today, looking at the level of devastation the ADMEC was wrecking around.

The twin guns on its shoulders was releasing bullets that was breaking the walls of buildings around. The third buildings that the front has collapse under the relentless fire as the ADMEC fire on the fast moving bounty hunters. It still amaze him that they are still alive with the level of fire power that mechanical construct is throwing around. If they have to survive this, he will need to coordinate their activities.

Nostra ran from his cover aimed for a new heap of newly destroyed walls of duracrete trying to get close to Armsmith. Getting behind cover, he heard a sudden burst of gun fire and seconds later sounds of crumbling stones. He peeped and saw his brother running from cover to cover, pouring on ineffectual gun fire at the ADMEC. His constant move was keeping him alive for the moment. His speed may fool the targeting systems of the ADMEC guns, that will only be temporary because one lucky shot will take him out.

Armsmith was crouched very low behind the pillar of a building that had just suffered the wrath of the ADMEC. Though most part of the front building have collapsed, the wide pillar was still standing with deep pockmarks on the surface. The building was across the road from where Nostra was hiding. He ran quickly as the ADMEC was still chasing his brother, so its attention was occupied.

He took careful steps as he ran across the road because of deep small craters left on the road by the guns of the ADMEC. Getting to where Armsmith was crouched, he saw him slowly going over the things he had brought out from his backpack. They were all metallic and weapon like.

Round disc like silver colored shapes that look like mines but of unrecognizable make. There were others that looked like the explosive feed for a rocket propeller tube. He saw something that looks like a circlar metal with and X like shape fixed in the middle with the ends of the X extending beyond the circle’s circumference.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2018
“What is that? “ Nostra asked as that was what pulled his attention more.
“Suction explosive mine. “ Armsmith replied after he recovered from the initial startle created by Nostra sudden appearance. “It was used to crippled water vessels. But I have modified it for use outside water. “

“How close do you need to get before you can use that thing on our enemy? “
“Well about eight meters, “ Armsmith heft the mine in his hand. It appears to weigh down a bit on his hand. “All I need is to have line of sight with the target, throw it and it smart lock will take over. It is majorly used against metal targets. The smart lock will generate a magnetic field strong enough to pull it to the target and attach to it. Then the count down timer will be activated and it will explode. “

“Good get that ready, because we are going to use it and take that thing out. “ Nostra took a look at other things arranged before Armsmith. “ Are those grenade launcher tubes? “
“Yup, but they are just single shots. “ Armsmith lifted the short stubby muzzle shooters.
Nostra took them both and loaded them with the cylinder shaped explosive grenades on the ground there. “Get ready. As soon as the ADMEC is focused on me, throw the mine. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
Without waiting for a reply, Nostra jumped out of hiding into the open road. He saw the ADMEC’s back turned to him. He was tempted to shout at it before firing, his heart angry at how the untimely interruption of this monster have screwed everything. By now Marvel should have been dead and them on their way a hundred thousand credit richer.

He swallowed that emotion seeing it as stupid and foolhardy. Waiting for a while and carefully taking his shot, he aimed for one of the guns on the ADMEC's shoulder, locking on to the less dense part the gun was fixed on. The tri barrel gun was firing at Dagger as Nostra fire, the rocket headed for the stand of the gun, it blew apart as it hit it. The lighter metal tore out and the gun flew away from the shoulder of the ADMEC and it also staggered from the force of the explosion.

The immediate whirring sound of servo motors pre warned Nostra that the ADMEC was turning to face him. Fear almost paralyzed his trigger finger as the giant ADMEC turned . The sheer size of it and the menacing features plastered on its appearance was enough to make him throw the rocket launcher down and flee in panic. But the more logical part of his brain prevailed, allowing him to calmly hold on, aligning his shot then firing.

Seems the damage to one of the guns caused the targeting feature of the ADMEC to shutdown for some seconds to complete internal repairs and reroute smart targeting to the single gun. That few seconds saved Nostra’s life and made it possible for him to still remain standing as he fired the second gun. The rocket blew on the part of the ADMEC that appeared to be the chest or more correctly, the thorax. The ADMEC just staggered backwards a little, then the gun turned to fix its lock on Nostra.

Hearing the first explosion from the rocket made Armsmith look out from cover, activated the explosive mine, threw it at the ADMEC, then dropped down to hiding. The mine flew through the air, covering the distance and clanged to the thorax of the ADMEC with a low metallic sound. Within few seconds the mine blew with a brilliant explosion that knocked the ADMEC off its feet, pushing it to crash into the building. The house implodes and tones of duracrete stones came crashing down burying the ADMEC under heavy layers of duracrete rubbles.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Vulcanheph(m): 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
MORE...... MORE.....MORE
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nostra and Dagger came closer to observe the heap that the ADMEC was buried under. Armsmith came out from hiding, his darkened face briefly brightened up by the forced smile on it.

“Never really believed that will work. “ He said, holding the smooth metallic disc object, tapping at it with one finger as he spoke. “Already brought out the sonic grenade, ready to use it as a follow up if… “
The next words were cut short as the heap and rubbles before then shifted with a loud grating noise, dust spew and the buried ADMEC lifted from it.

The moving of servo motors joint shrieked with protest as if the metallic parts were struggling to move. The three watched in disbelief as it stood, the huge chunks of duracrete stones fell from it. The body looked blackened by scorched marks with dented areas, other wise it was undamaged. Before any of them could make a move, the single undamaged tri barrel gun barked sharply, Dagger was shredded into huge chunks of flesh, bones and blood which scattered on the ground.

One shoulder rocket pod of the ADMEC was dented and crushed. It was smoking and whirring as it tried to shoot but to no avail. That was what made Nostra not to suffer the same fate as his brother. The second rocket pod was still functional and a puff of smoke belched from one of the six holes spewing out a rocket that headed for Armsmith.

The bounty hunter was busily trying to activate the sonic grenade when the rocket hit him dead center. He blew up with the rocket's explosion and pieces of him too tiny to see in the poor light were scattered far. The explosion knocked Nostra away from his feet, with tiny hot metal shrapnel lacerating his body. He hit the ground hard, passed out from the sudden trauma and loss of blood from numerous cuts.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
Marvel looked through the canopy of the Nexon 3 and saw the maneuvers of the two bounty hunters firing at the mechanical monster, drawing its attention as another one of them came from hiding and hurl something at it. The object hurled hit the body of the ADMEC and stayed fixed.

Marvel saw the brilliant explosion that knocked the machine into a building which collapsed on it. From what he had seen of the ADMEC’s performance, he was sure that is not enough to take out that thing permanently. Seem the remaining bounty hunters didn’t share his view, as they all came out and headed toward the heap in which the ADMEC was buried. That was a dumb move which Marvel was sure they will regret. He hasn’t finish with that train of thought when the ADMEC rose from the rubbles and took all three of them out.

“Time to cut into the action. “ Marvel brought the Nexon 3 around in a fast arc, heading for the ADMEC and opening the ports under the car’s doors where the two mini chain guns are.

Marvel's hand hovered over the firing control waiting to get within striking distance. He clicked on the control, and the twin chain mini guns open up with a prolong burst of fire that released heavy armor piercing bullets. They struck the body of the ADMEC with bright sparks and ricochet sounds. Each hit of the bullets causing the exoskeleton to shiver slightly.

Marvel pulled up within meters of hitting the ADMEC with the car, releasing his hold of the firing control of the car. As the car climbed up into the air, two smoke puff appeared on the shoulder of the ADMEC, firing two rockets at the fleeing air car. With a simple maneuver dive sent the rockets out of the car’s way and they fell down and exploded harmlessly on a building.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
“Seems the targeting system of the rocket on that thing is damaged, that was why I was able to evade those rockets easily. “
“it appears that way, “ the Mole agreed with his friend. “From the little I saw just now, that machine shows several damaged areas on it midsection and where a shoulder mounted gun and rocket pod were previously placed. “

Nodding without replying, Marvel recalled his mini drone that has been hovering far away from the action close by.
“it may have killed all the bounty hunters, but they inflicted extensive damage in return. “
“Well I’m sure the bounty hunters were caught unexpectedly, if not they would have performed more than this. “ calling up the images sent by his drone on a monitor on the air car’s dashboard, he read the schematics that was running through a second smaller tac screen display by its side. “From the read out now from the mini drone, I think I got good news and bad news. So which do you want to hear first. “
“I’d go first with the good news. “ The Mole said, his mechanical eye gleaming as his face adopted an ominous smile. “The bad news we can always deal with later. “
“This thing is made of very dense permasteel. “ Marvel swerved as he dodged another salvo of rockets, all missing the Nexon 3 and dropping to explode on the ground. “Its power source is a mini nuclear fusion cell. The guns are a beauty, making me drool with envy. A military grade GAT 5000 tri barrel gun, shooting uranium core ammo. It has twin rocket pods. It’s supposed to have an energy pulse cannon, lazer blades and an anti gravity thrusters. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
“I wonder how any of these is the good news. “
“Trust me Mole, those are the good news. “
“What’s the bad news then? “ The Mole bent a bit trying to read the tiny words of the schematics displaying on the tac screen. “Damn, think I just saw it. “
“Yes, the pulse cannon, anti gravity thrusters and missile launchers were all removed to make room for something else. A compartment for super heated hydrogen cells contained within an electromagnetic field. “

“I thought that was still experimental, Marvel. “ The Mole turned to the bounty hunter. “ The military were forced to stop funding the research when the brain behind the experiment, Professor Bridget Adams died in an industrial accident. “
“ True. At least now we know what really happened to her. She must have been kidnapped by some of the mega corporations, they created the accident to hide it and somehow made her build this for them. “

“If the tits and bits I have heard of that thing is real, it is way beyond nasty. “
“ I doubt Red Mane knows he is sitting on a tickling time bomb. “ Chuckling a bit more, Marvel did another fancy turn, this time dodging a combine attack of rockets and uranium core bullets. “I know Red Mane enough to know he can’t agree to a suicide run. From what I’m seeing, that hydrogen cells are unstable. The container it is kept is armored but lightly. One single puncture and it blows up. “

“That means we can’t take e’m out? “ The Mole blurted out in deep thought as his brow furrowed. “I’d hate to run away leaving a potentially dangerous toy like this behind. “
“I can take it out, I have what will do that here in the car. “ Marvel said calling up a safety lock, bypassing it by imputing a password. “I have a 7th generation sidewinder missile, actually two of them. One is enough to take out that machine. What I’m not sure of is if we can escape the resulting blast from it. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
“Any idea the estimated blast radius of that hydrogen cells? “
“Between three to five mile radius, both aerial and ground. It will be a spherical shape blast. “
“What about the Fushima level 10 engine you have modified this air car with, can’t it reach the escape velocity to avoid the blast circle? “

“I’m not sure Mole. I haven’t tried it before. “ Marvel said sadly. “Averagely, the Fushima engine in this car can cruise at 1000km/hr. That is not adequate to flee the blast area fast enough. Though with a short fusion burst that will drain ninety percent fuel, may give us an edge but we might not survive the G force pull of it. “
“Well only one way to find out right? “
“Yea, right. “ Touching his comm unit he spoke into it. “Jade, where are you at the moment? “

“I’m coming back to you.” Was the reply. “Just retrieved my hover bike and I’m headed your way to help you. “
“Strike that. I want you out of here. I’m giving you at least five minutes to get like ten miles away from this place. “ Marvel told the agent.

“C’mon Marvel, don’t shut me out of this. “ Jade’s voice grumbled in the micro comm piece in Marvel’s ear. “I will do what ever you want and obey all your orders, just let me be involved in taking this thing down. “
“Then start by obeying this one. Get ten miles away from here. You now have less than five minutes. “
“Screw you Marvel. I won’t forget what you just did. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
“That will be impossible if you don’t leave now. “ Marvel said as both ends of his lips curled up. He checked his tac screen to view both her signal and that of the hover bike, they were both leaving the area as he ordered.
“You seem to be getting found of this Earthwatch female agent ,” the Mole said mimicking Marvel’s smile.

“A spy? Me interested in a spy? “ Chuckling, Marvel lifted up his air car dodging other shots targeted at him. He maneuvered and lifted the car beyond the reach of the mechanical construct primary weapons. He knew Red Mane will be frustrated. “Wouldn’t feel safe with her even if she is a mile away from me. “
“Spies are never good friends. You can never be sure of their loyalty. “

“Alright, she just passed the danger area into the safe zone. Now we can take that thing out. “ Marvel said feeling tense and a bit sad. He really wanted Red Mane alive for questioning, but that thing that has encased him have definitely made it impossible to get at him without killing him. Well he will hope that answers to his questions will come from somewhere else. If he survived this that is. He will also have to constantly watch his back against Simon Omega.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
More more more...the Red guy is going down for good
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
He reroute 90% power to the emergency blast thrusters that will try to take them out of the danger zone, circling at the safest distance from the ADMEC, he locked on it with the sidewinder and prepared to fire. The sidewinder missile is almost impossible to dodge, with its smart targeting and the quick auto response compensation in it. A ground target is a certain hit.

“Here we go. “ he said as he punched the fire button. The air car jerked gently as the mechanism for firing the sidewinder kicked. The sidewinder missile spewed from its place and with a speed too fast for the eyes to follow it flashed down. Marvel turned the air car around and engaged the emergency thrusters. It waited for its ten count down before engaging.

The sidewinder struck the ADMEC and exploded. Marvel’s Nexon 3 already engaged the thrusters when the first explosion took place. As the speed of the engaging thrusters pinned him and his friend to their chair with great G force, a secondary explosion took place. Some where at the mind of Marvel that was about blacking out due to the G pressure squeezing him to the chair, a thought came up, that should be the hydrogen cells exploding.

The second explosion turned the night side into day, as it flash with a brilliance that will compete with the brightest of sunlight this planet has ever experienced. The explosion created a huge fireball in the shape of a blazing mushroom that spread out on all side, touching everything in its part and causing them to vaporize. Its initial appearance was a silent spectacle as the speed of the explosion was much faster than that of sound.

As the flash spread, the shock wave hit Marvel’s air car but as the car was already in speed as fast as the blast, the car only just rode on it like a fish riding along a strong water current. Despite that, the peripheral fire ball engulfed the car. Then winked out as fast as it has appeared. That was when the thunder clap of the explosion sounded, but no living person around there was able to here it.

Miles away, those close enough to have seen the sudden flash and the accompanying roars of thunder thought a storm was brewing but had to think twice as a mild earthquake followed. Jade was still speeding away on her hover bike when the sudden flash and sound made her to turn to face where she was fleeing from. She screamed in pain, anger and loss, that should be why Marvel had ordered her to leave.

He wanted her out of the area before the explosion. Why didn’t he tell her and make her understand. Though she wasn’t surprised, Marvel being who he is will not. Now she was really afraid, hoping against hope that Marvel wasn’t there when that explosion took place. But she knew that logically it’s not possible for him to have escaped that. Just wishing to prove her logical mind wrong, she attempted to contact Marvel through her comm unit, her heart sank when all she could get was static.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Chapter Nine

That insane Red Mane almost ruined a well ordered plan, Dalmar thought sadly. Still he was able to do the best thing he is good for, he died as a good cannon fodder. Chuckling quietly, he took careful look at the multiple monitors before him in his private quarters on the space ship. The monitors filled a whole part of the wall, ceiling to floor .

The monitors were showing images from several areas, all of which are of interest to the observer. Taking a further look at the one he has been watching for a while, he touched his right wrist, tapping the comm unit there, manipulating some controls on it, letting the other monitor beside the one he was watching go dark and came on again, this time not showing images, but figures, which were tactical readings from the monitor of his present interest.

Red Mane was supposed to use the senator to draw Marvel close to him and kill him. If that failed, he was supposed to flee the area and draw the bounty hunter into a trap Dalmar have independently arranged to take Marvel out without Red Mane knowing the details.

All Dalmar told him was to lead Marvel there and allow him spring the trap. Dalmar didn’t tell Red Mane that he has also employed bounty hunters to kill Marvel. Red Mane was supposed to be in hiding and watch the out come of the trap without getting involved. He was to watch from hiding and if the bounty hunters succeeded, he was to pull out and report. It was only in the event that the bounty hunters failed to kill Marvel is he to get involved, using the ADMEC provided for him.

It will give him an edge in taking Marvel down. Another thing Dalmar had deliberately refuse to tell Red Mane was that the machine was rigged to explode in case of failure, and kill everything within the blast radius of the experimental bomb, at least a five mile area.

His personal vendetta had clouded his mind and he had almost ruined the plan. Thankfully, Dalmar had thought to add that extra trap as an end game of a final resort. The signal he got from monitoring the place was that Marvel was in the vicinity when the bomb went off.

Finally he can write Marvel off and also a good operative but a stubborn one good only as a cannon fodder. At least Red Mane was absolutely helpful in taking the ADMEC through its first real life test outside of a control environment, and it passed it with flying colors. With that settled, he is more confident that the next stage of the plan will work flawlessly.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ok,Mr Dalmar this time you will be surprised.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by zelaws: 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
So sure Marvel escaped death despite the explosion reaching him.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Dranoid: 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
Apollux:

The second explosion turned the night side into day, as it flash with a brilliance that will compete with the brightest of sunlight this planet has ever experienced. The explosion created a huge fireball in the shape of a blazing mushroom that spread out on all side, touching everything in its part and causing them to vaporize. Its initial appearance was a silent spectacle as the speed of the explosion was much faster than that of sound.

As the flash spread, the shock wave hit Marvel’s air car but as the car was already in speed as fast as the blast, the car only just rode on it like a fish riding along a strong water current. Despite that, the peripheral fire ball engulfed the car. Then winked out as fast as it has appeared. That was when the thunder clap of the explosion sounded, but no living person around there was able to here it.

This absolutely blew my mind!!!
Apollux your head is the Bomb!!! This your fictional world is so well constructed. In all my self-musings it never occurred to me as a possibility that there could be an explosion faster than light(modified - now that I think about it lightning and thunder have a similar effect sha). DAMN!!!
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by izicky(m): 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
Apollux you will kill somebody oh
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by neyohpee: 11:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
MORE,MORE,MORE,MORE,MORE,MORE!!
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Vulcanheph(m): 12:40am On Apr 26, 2018
More more more more more more more more
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by emperorblog(m): 5:36am On Apr 26, 2018
READ COOL INTERESTING STORY HERE
HOLE IN THE WALL www.emperorblog.com.ng/hole-in-the-wall-part-1/
THE HANDSOME DEVIL I KNOW www.emperorblog.com.ng/the-handsome-devil-i-know/
and lot more
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

Hardwire took his time to savor the taste of the real red wine he had ordered from the dispenser in the luxurious cab he had rented from the space port at New Haven when he returned back to Nuterra knowing fully well that once the credit payed for the renting of this cap expires, he may never have the privilege of tasting such rare and exquisite vintage. Well rank has its privileges, he concluded.

The rented luxurious air cab he was in was one from the Cab O’Joy company, that runs a line of luxurious and elitist expensive cab business. Hardwire had found one already rented and paid for at the space port waiting for him. It was a slick shaped mini air limousine cab, with the cherry color combo of red, orange and yellow, the official color of the Cab O’Joy company.

It has wide space in it with well made large comfortable seats of real soft leather. It has preprogrammed food and drink dispenser in it. It is an auto pilot car, Hardwire was sure that the people that provided it for him wanted him to have complete privacy and secrecy, considering the sensitive nature of what he has came to do.

If he was doing this for Marvel, his boss will never provide something this luxurious. Marvel always believe in functionality, with little time for one to have fun. Hardwire had warm feelings glow in him, he had really missed his gruff and grumpy boss. Anyway Hardwire is back in town to take away the trash and kick asses.

Well he had enjoyed his time on earth no doubt but has been out of his element. He really can't fit in and work well on earth. Nuterra is his home, turf and stomping ground. From the space port he had directed the cab to head first to the new place Marvel was setting up. He met Dr. Guthrie and the cyborg, that is Dr. Bryant McKinnley. Had briefed them on what he was here for. Also asked them to accompany him, but they politely refused, that setting up the new place for Marvel will require their full attention.

Hardwire noticed that the cyborg had gotten a newer upgrade with better looking armored plate covering of his chassis. Well it has been nice to see them though. He learnt from them that Marvel and the Mole were off planet on an assignment. Had entered the cab again and headed for his own assignment, directing the auto driver to take him to the Trans Terra tower.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2018
Tall gleaming buildings of durasteel and plastiglass reflected the bright rays of sunlight just coming up on the late morning at the New Haven city center. Buildings of hundreds of meters high clawing at the skies, with well arranged walk ways linking close buildings together which give places for those crossing from one building to the other to do so without using an air vehicle.

The walk ways have air tight transparent transparisteel glass bubble canopy so they can have a good view all around and stare at things from such intimidating height, at which place looking at the ground, you will see just a mass of haze as some of the buildings are high enough that low level clouds pass below them.
As much as these sights always impresses Hardwire as his air cab glides smoothly through the sky, plying through the heavy morning traffic of other air cars, hover trucks and skytram, they are dwarfed in magnificence and splendor with sights he had seen on earth.

The luxurious air cab started to descend for a landing as the vehicle came in sight of the tall Trans Terra tower, rising higher than all the surrounding skyscrapers. This tower is second only to the Ivory Tower of the Iris System Securities . Hardwire should have been skittish about entering that place, if not for the high level security clearance that is covering him. Trans Terra tower might been in the middle of the city, unlike the Ivory Tower, it is every bit as protected and with high level security covering.

His rented cab came down at the general packing space made available for visitors. The parking space has a single wide road leading out of the place which was an avenue of tall hybrid trees on both sides of the road. For security reasons, no private vehicle is allowing beyond the parking space. So Hardwire knew he will have to walk the long distance to the entrance. As he started his trek, he noticed that there were less traffic of people walking down the place, much reduced than what use to be. The security set up showing all that didn’t know of the events that had taken place before now to know that things are definitely different.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
They first security stand that had to clear Hardwire before he can proceed, used to be mounted by black clad Mantis troopers, were now been occupied by operatives of the Colonial Security and Control, in their uniforms and the agents of Earthwatch International Agency, who are on civilian clothes. The CSC operatives are all armed with drawn out lazer rifle, while those of the Earthwatch were carrying side arms on shoulder holsters. The Mantis troops were still seen around, guarding entrances and strategic places but always with a CSC personnel, who seems to be the one giving the orders.

At the first security booth, Hardwire stated his business, showed his identity chip and gave the security clearance that should give him access. He was cleared and allowed to go further. Since his level of security clearance was high enough his was told he can take his air car to the close premises of the tower.

He heaved a sigh of relief because he was sure that the long walk to the entrance of the tower from the parking area will almost kill him. Before his rented air cab was allowed to move, it was scan severally, double and triple scanned, then cleared to proceed.

The air car wasn’t allowed to lift over five meters above the ground because of the security screen surrounding the area around the Trans Terra tower. There is a flight restriction over the building, and those cleared to get close are limited to the height their air vehicles are allowed to lift. Any slight deviation is met with instant anti-air vehicle fire.

Hardwire took the time to casually look around at the security set-up of the tower and he was impressed. All the anti-air vehicles batteries are positioned in such a way that all angles are covered with little or no blind sides. They are mostly of surface to air smart missiles, ground tank fire platforms. Hover drones missiles launchers. Then firing points by human securities mounted on mobile maxi gun emplacements. Hybrid patrol dogs, hovering scanner drones and floating sky cameras with 360° wide angle view, every inch of the ground is covered, scanned and vigilantly watched.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
As the car packed itself, Hardwire got out, took his backpack which contains the tools he intends to use, left the car and walked to the entrance of the tower, cognizant of the watchful gaze and suspicious glances thrown across his way both by CSC and Mantis troops.

The was a wide canopy before the entrance, transparent and made of armored and hardened plastiglass, proof against high velocity projectiles and lazer bolts. Someone on civilian clothing was sitting at the other side of the glass security screen, her words coming out of a speaker grail. Behind her, are armed CSC agents. Beyond that, Hardwire can see through the transparent bubble, the actual door.

“How may we help you sir? “ the lady sitting behind the glass screen said without looking up at Hardwire at first but her attention fixed on one of the three holo display before her showing the results of the initial scan of him at the first time and the present scan going over him.
“I’m Hardwire, sent from earth to handle a classified assignment here. “

“Hmmmmmm Hardwire? Is that your real name or a code name? “ she asked him again. She was putting on a simple flowered blouse with black trousers, soft looking low black shoes on her feet. Her browned colored hair was pulled back and curled into a bum. Her face was slim with a protruding jaw and eyes slightly bulging beyond her forehead.
“I will simply like to be addressed as Hardwire. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
Yes,yes,yes,yes,yes my guy is in town...u can simply address him as Hardwire...Apollox kontinue

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
She tried scanning for records of him in the general data base using his face, all she could come up with was that he is a registered citizen of Nuterra, every other information about him was locked. That should have raised an alarm but she is in a spy organization and knows what that might mean. Considering he came in with the highest security clearance on CSC, it shows this might be one of their ghost operatives whose identity is highly classified.

“You said you are from earth, but your data here says you are a citizen of Nuterra. “ this time her face and attention were turned to face Hardwire as she rested her chin on an open palm.
“You misunderstood, I never said I was from earth but that I was sent from earth. “ Exasperation was beginning to gnaw at him. “Is there a problem with my clearance. “

“None that I can see. “ She laid emphasis on the last three words which stated to visibly irritate Hardwire. “As a matter of fact, you were cleared and authenticated. Still I will need a hundred percent full proof of your clearance. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hardwire could understand why the process is this grinding despite the highest level of clearance he is coming with. His is not an official government worker but a freelance, that tends to raise red flags and causes some kind of anger in some government workers, as employing outsiders seems to reflect negatively on them as if they are not fit for such work. So he was prepared to deal with this, but he has his own personal stuff to take care of, this is just wasting his time.

“Run this security access codes for my full clearance. “ Hardwire called out the numbers as she typed them in to check.
After about two minutes of going through the screens several times, she spoke up. “Your codes all checked out ok, which means you are cleared. This clearance is even from general Leyland Steadman himself. But I still… “

“Why don’t you call the general himself and clear this up? “
“I can do that but it will take a while. I’m a lower ranking official, so my call will have to be rerouted through several layers of superiors before it will gets to him. “ She said resting her back on the chair she was sitting on lifting her hands in a gesture of helplessness “Why don’t I get colonel James to come down here and verify your clearance. He is much close by. “
If the little he has heard about that man from Marvel is anything to go by, that will be a bad news. Well he was prepared for something of this nature.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
“I’d do better than that and call the general myself. “ Hardwire punched in the necessary codes on his hand held potable vid phone and the call went through. The head and neck of the general appeared on the tiny holo display screen of the ‘phone. “Your people down here at the entrance to the tower are giving me a hard time. “

Hardwire handed over the phone to the lady through a tiny port opened around the screen. She screened the call several times, before listening to what the general had to tell her.
“Thank you Mr. Hardwire, you are cleared to proceed. “ she said as the glass lifted, she handed his phone back to him. “We are truly sorry for any inconveniences caused. “ She turned to one of the CSC security standing behind her. “Emret place go with Mr. Hardwire into the building and make sure his has everything he wants without any hindrance. “

As the door opened, a green light from a scanner ran over him and showing an x-ray image of him and his backpack. After studying the contents for a while on the screen, the lady allowed him to move through the opened part of the security bubble where the CSC security was waiting to let him in. After a walk of few steps under the wide plastiglass canopy, they came to the door, which was actually made of armored transparisteel but was made to appear like a regular plastiglas “I’d do better than that and call the general myself. “ Hardwire punched in the necessary codes on his hand held potable vid phone and the call went through. The head and neck of the general appeared on the tiny holo display screen of the ‘phone. “Your people down here at the entrance to the tower are giving me a hard time. “
Hardwire handed over the phone to the lady through a tiny port opened around the screen. She screened the call several times, before listening ti what the general had to tell her.
“Thank you Mr. Hardwire, you are cleared to proceed. “ she said as the glass lifted, she handed his phone back to him. “We are truly sorry for any inconveniences caused. “ She turned to one of the CSC security standing behind her. “Emret place go with Mr. Hardwire into the building and make sure his has everything he wants without any hindrance. “
As the door opened, a green light from a scanner ran over him and showing an x-ray image of him and his backpack. After studying the contents for a while on the screen, the lady allowed him to move through the opened part of the security bubble where the CSC security was waiting to leaf him in. After a walk of few steps under the wide plastiglass canopy, they came to the door, which was actually made of armored transparisteel but was made to appear like a regular plastiglass.

Two guards on Mantis uniforms were standing at both sides of the door, both armed with lazer rifles. They were under the watchful gaze of a CSC operative who was sitting at a chair far to the left area.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2018
The door opened into a wide well lit foyer with bright pleasure lights from pillars and ceiling spilling into every angle. To the lift hand area is a long counter with armored class partition behind which sat staff of the Trans Terra International, before mini data consoles with multi colored holo screens attending to people standing before each of them.

Though the mega corporation may be under investigation and a new acting management, its businesses has to go on, customers had to be attended to. The foyer was slightly busy with customers, visitors and staff of the corporation milling around the wide area . Armed Mantis troops were stationed around them. On the right side are rows of doors which leads into office spaces. Then the space between these two have five doors which were all lifts taking people to any floor of the tower.

The man who was to lead Hardwire toook him not to any of the lift doors ahead but to one of the office doors. At the door, there was a retina scan and palm print lock which he used in opening the door as he was cleared. The door opened into an office, with a desk, three chairs for visitors and one long back chair behind the desk.

A data console was on the desk with well arrange data cubes. On one of the wall was a 3D holo display showing alternating images of a bar graph, pie chart and pictograms of actual and projected sales trends. The office was empty but a door was by the side of the chair behind the desk. Hardwire was led to the door, which was locked and requires another set of security clearance for it to open and admit them in.

The door actually led to a lift which would have surprised him has he not realized that this is a private lift that has only one place in the whole building it was allowed to go. It was a fast moving lift with just a single possible stop. So Hardwire wasn’t surprised when as the lift door slide aside, he saw a plaque with these words : THE VAULT. CLEARED PERSONNEL ONLY.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Vulcanheph(m): 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Is that all? .....i want more
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Clear road,Hardwire is around..kontinue
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by TeameeMoses(m): 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Don Appolux, weldone... But there was a looooooonnnnng pause at a time...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.