Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68162 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Godwinfury(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
Mechanical Soldiers? dude, that's wicked na.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:23am On Dec 23, 2017
“Well that is with mixed results. “ Jeffery moved ahead, passing through all the medical machines in the medlab then stopped before some huge displays showing images of mechanical constructs, both bipedal and quadpods in shapes. “I was only able to get bits and pieces from Dr. Guthrie’s work, but even those were already leading to failure. “
“But the existence of that cyborg proves that wrong. Dr. Guthrie was successful in his work. “
“Dalmar that may be correct, but there is something you are missing. “ Jeffery faced the angry features of the head of Iris System Securities with a defiant looked of his own, allowing a waning façade. “I may not be a cybernetic expert, but I can read. Following the conclusion of Dr. Guthrie’s work, it led to an impossible task of the direct integration of bio-organic tissue with cybernetic system. For even one to remotely work, it will need a power source as much as the one powering everything on this asteroid . That is even making use of the most advanced and cutting edge miniaturization technology available . It will even have to be made from very fragile materials, which will get damaged with every move. “
“But how the hell do you explain the highly successful cyborg created by that accursed doctor? “
“I have taken my time to go over all these in my mind and came up with just one answer. “
“And that is? “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:26am On Dec 23, 2017
“What he called the ion crystal. “ Jeffery spoke as if in deep meditation. “Though most of the data on that item were either destroyed or lost,but from the little I garnered, that item seem like a stable power source able to generate stable and malleable energy. “
There was silence after that for a while. “Then another priority will be to get the cyborg and rip that ion crystal from it. “
“That maybe harder than you think, but I may have solution to that. “ He touched some button on the display machines, several images of mechanical constructs scrolled through the screen. “I have successfully perfected another kind of human-cybernetic interactions through a neural interface helmet link. “
“Had you not told me of your failure of replicating the Dr. Guthrie cyborg, would have thought it is what you just told me. “
“There is vast difference. In the case of the cyborg, it was a direct fusion of a human mind into the machine, a perfect synchronization was achieved between the cybernetic programming and the human brain cells. Still the human mind dominate amidst, I believe, conflicting decision patterns influenced by the machine’s cold reasoning logic. “ Here Jeffery enlarged a particular image with several highlighted parts. “What I succeeded in doing is creating a machine that is an Exoskeleton, with a cyber-neutral interface. The human subject will wear the machine and interact with it through the neural implants. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2017
Pointing at several highlighted parts of the images he continued. “The Exoskeleton are made of dense permasteel. Powered by a mini nuclear fusion cell. They have heavy weapons like multi barrel Gat 5000 gun, shooting uranium core armor piercing bullets, energy pulse cannons, long and short range rocket and mini missile launchers, lazer blades, anti-gravity and propulsion thrusters. I call them Advance Defense Machine, ADMEC for short . At the moment I have just ten units, ADMEC 1 to 10 with another advanced prototype in making. “
“Now this is impressive. “ Dalmar said after a while looking through the screen intensely studying the images. “Any successful testing yet? “
“Yes, but very lately. “ Punching few keys, a data sheet appeared with some graphs attached. “The initial test subjects were lost because I made it a direct control of human to machine without the neural interface. The strain on the human mind and body was too much. Some died of ruptured heart tissue, torn muscles and broken bones, others went mad. But with the creation of the neural interface, we only had just one human fatality. The ones you brought from the Afterlife were more adjusted due to the psychological conditioning they had experienced at the prison. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Godwinfury(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2017
Aww man, ur r damn cool... keeping it going.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2017
With the power chair floating about a meter above the floor, Jeffrey led Dalmar back to the door of the medlab. He turned left to a blank wall with a section that pulled off after he punched some buttons on the armrest of his chair, revealing a small room that was a lift. Both of them got in and the lift went down another two sublevels according to the tiny display by the lift control. The lift door opened as it came to a stop revealing a wide storage area that looked like a mini shuttle craft hanger. It was as wide as the size of five gravity ball fields and about twenty five meters high. Several sizes of medium flyers and space crafts were parked in ordered rows . From what Dalmar could see, the far end of the storage area is a maintenance and repair area with several men on dirty and oil stained coverall moving round exposed parts of the vehicles. The head of the Iris System Securities didn’t have to look far to know that this place is heavily guarded and access to it highly restricted.
Specially trained Mantis troopers were starting at every point in the place, alert with drawn weapons. Dalmar wasn’t too surprised, though this is the first time of been here, he knew about this part of the asteroid, as he was the one who handpicked the specially trained Mantis personnel that guards this place. They are thirty in all.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Princevirus(m): 7:46am On Dec 28, 2017
Apollux:
Hi guys, sorry for the long break, MEMOIRS OF BLOOD AND STEEL caused that. If you are reading this and haven't seen that story, I'd really suggest you do.
Well for others who just stumbled on this story please I will advice you read the part one of it, so you will be able to comprehend most of what you will be reading here, because lots of references will be made to the previous story.
So updates will continue, hope you will enjoy this story too.
Apollux:
Hi guys, sorry for the long break, MEMOIRS OF BLOOD AND STEEL caused that. If you are reading this and haven't seen that story, I'd really suggest you do.
Well for others who just stumbled on this story please I will advice you read the part one of it, so you will be able to comprehend most of what you will be reading here, because lots of references will be made to the previous story.
Apollux:
I didn't see the chapter 10 of part one please help me with it. My email address is kelvineze8909@gmail.com
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
It's like the spam bot is at it again, deleting updates
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by ninihorlah: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2017
Apollux:
It's like the spam bot is at it again, deleting updates

chai, which kind thing be this? when boys are hungry for updates
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by emilykang(f): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
lovely
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by meneski(m): 8:20am On Dec 31, 2017
Appolux baba, how e b na? Abeg i need dat part one last chapter. Meneweojieh@gmail.com or meneskidaniels@gmail.com.

You too much bro.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by jooa: 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
appolus u try o...dis story is superb..but when would u bring more episode? we need more, pls don't keep us waiting..send more oya oya oya
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
When is update coming?
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2018
It's this spam bot o.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
TF dis spam bots oooooo,d mods should please do something.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2018
I seriously don't wanna believe this thread has been abandoned.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2018
tunjilomo:
I seriously don't wanna believe this thread has been abandoned.
No it has not. I will try and update again to see if I'm free from the spam bot
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by meneski(m): 11:35pm On Jan 19, 2018
Pls do! I need more!
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 11:22am On Jan 20, 2018
meneski:
Pls do! I need more!
Lol, have you finished with part one, how was it?
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by JohnGainsville(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
Apollux just send a mail to Divepen1, he can help. I'm missing this story already
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hi long time... Well some updates today, let me try and see if the spam bot will let me.

CHAPTER SIX

Jade discovered her mind slipping for like the hundredth time that day, a very unusual thing and pretty dangerous for someone on deep cover mission. Well she has every reason to be worried as the contact who was supposed to get across to her several hours ago for a debrief on the successful delivery of the sensitive Intel she had passed to him has still not turned up nor send any kind of message to her.
“Hey kitty girl, are you waiting for us to turn to icicles before you send our orders? “ A boisterous voice said jolting Jade from her drifting mind.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2018
She had chosen to be a bar waitress for her latest undercover assignment on planet Puerta del Cielo, a holiday resort planet mostly, a kind of paradise for the super rich in the universe to come in, spend their wealth and indulge in all manner of pleasures the human mind can dream of, still there are darker corners in this ostensible paradise like every other planets man has colonized. The constant streaming in of the rich to this planet to spend their money has also attracted others of less savory characters, thieves, swindlers and morbid adventurers. Some of the poor too believing they can make a good living here had also fallen for the illusion. There exist a dark part of this planet that the administrators and the corporation running this planet wouldn’t won’t most of the visitors to know about. This dark part has breed poverty as those men of lesser means who ran down here for a good living discovered on their arrival that this planet’s sole purpose is to take and give little or nothing back. The standard of living was so high that many of them were forced away from the cities and beauties of the planet to go build secluded areas where they can eke out a living. These areas soon turned to slums with grotto like dwellings which ultimately attracted criminals. Well since most of the inhabitants of these places can’t afford to pay or subscribe to the corporate security scheme, there is hardly any official presence in these neighborhoods. They are treated as none existing by the corporate management running the planet. It is more cheaper and cost-effective to ignore and abandon them than try to forcefully evict the people who live there.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2018
One of these places is Caja Puerto , a true urban squalor in every sense of it with its criminal fraternities and turf wars . Besides that it is located at a distance not too far away from the planets major space port and the capital city of Amor Palacio. Which makes it a good place for black market goods to thrive and the best place to eavesdrop on happenings around nearby colonies and star systems. Which made this place the ideal one for Jade to start her undercover investigation. Cerveza Río is one of the popular drinking joint in Caja Puerto, so a likely place for her to get information on all that is happening, she had then sort for employment in the Cerveza Río bar, as a waitress, so she can have a bit more flexibility to interact better with the customers. Of course she had to learn the Spanish language in a matter of days, thanks to hyper micro learning. Now she is to some extent part of the place establishing some contacts with other Earth Watch agents here.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2018
She walked with delicate steps deftly side stepped the hurriedly crowding bar room to the counter were the bartender, Douglas, who also owns the bar was standing behind attending to the few people on stools before him. From all indication, the bar is going to peak heavily tonight. Most of the tables are almost all taken and still more customers are coming in. Soon it will be the time when workers who have closed from work will crowd this place, that is when the real work will start. Jade wasn’t planning on staying till that time.
Douglas had installed an auto table customer server on all the tables in the bar when it had started newly years ago , but those machines had broken down long a while back as patronage had increased beyond what they could handle and repairing them will cost as much as buying new ones. He had employed human workers instead which was more cheaper. Then removing the bulky tables with the auto servers replacing them with lighter new wood and duraplast ones which were smaller and created more rooms for customers.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
The bartender was a slightly shorter man of just hovering around five feet, with wispy silvery hairs, red face, a round nose and bulging jaws. The bulk of his stomach strained the apron on him to its elastic extreme and he was sweating despite the temperature control module attached to the bar room. A massive auto dispenser was behind him working at full capacity, its five venting outlets supplying orders passed to it by Douglas.
“Hey Maria, what do those three stooges want? “ Douglas said using Jade’s undercover name as she got to the counter. He had seen the men snap at her, hearing what they said despite the music playing in the background. Those three are always potential trouble.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
“Two cups of stim beer, one cal-whiskey then a bottle of mineral stout. “ Jade said with a bored expression. Her tight fitting red polytelyne armless low cut dress blinked alluringly as she navigate the crowding bar to the customers. She saw one of the other waitress passed her and winked .
Getting to the table of the customers, she dropped the tray containing their orders and noticed that one of the customer was stretching his palm to touch her behind .
“If you are keen on loosing that appendage of yours let it continue on its present course “ Jade turned to the one responsible. Her red lips pout and eyes looking at him coldly. “Oh and if you push it, my hands may just go down between your legs and add that delicate flesh for my supper delicacies tonight. “
The other two howl with laughter. “Eduardo, seem the Bicha is a bit too hot for you. “
The one called Eduardo replied joining them in the guffaw, “Ooo I just love it when she talks dirty. It sets me on fire. “
Jade turned back to face him as she was leaving. “Don’t tempt me, I may just do that. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:32am On Feb 01, 2018
After a few hours of working, Jade checked her chronometer and noticed it was her closing time. She couldn’t tell the time by the brightness of the day because this planet has eighteen hours of both day time and night, a thirty six hours revolution.
She walked steadily to Douglas, still busy at the bar counter. “Hey boss, closing hour for me. Time I’m outta here. “
“What? C’mon Maria you just can’t leave. “ The bartender replied in shock.
“And why not? “ Jade asked carelessly as she pulled off her work gloves and was looking through her satchel.
“You know Darlene called in sick and Flona is off planet. I have just the three of you to work with. “ Douglas waved a beefy hand at the steadily crowding bar. “Just take a look, it’s early and we are already near peak. It’s gonna get worse when the sun goes down. You should stay and help out. “
“No. “ Jade locked the straps on her satchel after pulling out a neo-leather pants and jacket she intend changing into before going out and headed to the ladies room.
“Please Maria I really need you here tonight. “ Douglas called out to her quickly before she gets beyond earshot. “I’m willing to pay you double bonus plus extra. “
“No Douglas, I’m off. “
“But why? “
Jade turned slowly with a sly smile. “I’ve got a hot date. It’s not everyday a girl gets to cross parts with Mr. Right you know. Adios. ¡Hasta mañana! “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:35am On Feb 01, 2018
Jade took careful steps as she walked down the winding street of another part of the slum Caja Puerto, her legs making crunching sounds in the glassy sands that was the common natural covering on the floor of most parts of the planet. She was putting on tight fitting neo-leather pants and jacket but with extra toughen high tinsel plastic armor strands woven in between the leather fabrics of her clothes to give her an added layer of protection against sneak attack. Though the clothes so fit her body no one will suspect her of putting on any kind of body armor.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:38am On Feb 01, 2018
The street appear slightly deserted, as in no body was really walking along it except her but it was far from empty. The sun had sank down beyond the horizon giving the area darkness and lots of shadowy places which the few street lamps can’t cover. Those shadowy places were covers for the street gangs and the small times foot soldiers for some of the crime bosses. There are others who are the homeless too, victims of the failed dreams that had brought them to this planet. Jade saw several people looking at him from the dark places, checking her out, if she was a part of them or an unfortunate tourist who lost her way. But her rigid stance and steady feet shows she knows her way here. Besides Jade wasn’t worried, she can handle anything the street thugs here can throw at her. Also she has her heavy duty lazer pistol worn openly on her belt. Street criminals are mostly cowardly, they avoid perceived victims that shows the potential to defend themselves. Apart from her pistol, she has the hilt of her katana fixed securely on the belt on her waist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.