Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Over Booking: See How Much Delta Airlines Will Pay You To Give Up Your Seat - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over Booking: See How Much Delta Airlines Will Pay You To Give Up Your Seat (645 Views)

Airlines Will Offer Fewer Choices And Higher Fares After The Coronavirus Crisis / You Board Your Flight & Discover Your Seat Is Taken, How Will You React? / Break Any Of These Traffic Laws In Nigeria, See The Fines You Will Pay – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over Booking: See How Much Delta Airlines Will Pay You To Give Up Your Seat by SageTravels: 4:21pm On May 02, 2017
In the midst of the United Airlines fiasco — which originated with a video that went viral of a passenger being dragged off a flight— airlines are now sweetening incentive deals for customers who switch flights.

According to several reports, Delta has changed its policy regarding how much the airline will offer passengers for giving up their seat on a fully booked flight.

Delta will pay you nearly $10K to give up your seat

A company spokesperson told CNNMoney, “supervisors were previously only able to offer up to $1,350, but Delta notified them on Friday that they’ll now be able to offer up to $9,950 in compensation.”

On top of that, gate agents have been given more flexibility as well — they’re now authorized to offer up to $2,000, up from $800.

On the now infamous United flight, agents offered passengers $800 to give up their seats in order to accommodate four airline employees. But when the airline couldn’t get enough volunteers, it decided to begin randomly bumping passengers from the flight — leading to the incident that involved a man being forcibly removed from the plane, bloodied and screaming.

Despite United’s mishandling of the situation, it is legal for an airline to bump passengers from a flight without them volunteering — and according to the Department of Transportation; customers can receive up to $1,350.

While the maximum amount passengers can receive is now a lot higher, don’t expect to see that offer every time you’re on an overbooked flight. However, if you do get bumped involuntarily, make sure to know your rights — including how much you should receive from the airline in this situation!

http://sagetravels.com/booking-see-much-delta-airlines-will-pay-give-seat/

Re: Over Booking: See How Much Delta Airlines Will Pay You To Give Up Your Seat by pat077: 4:29pm On May 02, 2017
I rather give up my seat willingly
Re: Over Booking: See How Much Delta Airlines Will Pay You To Give Up Your Seat by SageTravels: 4:31pm On May 02, 2017
pat077:
I rather give up my seat willingly

Lolzzz Abi

(1) (Reply)

Most Creepy Scariest Places In The World That Will Send Shivers Down Your Spines / My Mission (INGO) Trip To Abubakar Shekau's Village, Yobe State (photos) / Nigerian Lady Recounts A Story Of How Women In Traffic Stood Up For A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.