Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC (1090 Views)

Do Your C.A.C Company Registration and Get a Free Delivery Nation Wide / Senate New Bill On Company And Allied Matters Act (CAMA) / Ask Any Questions On Company Registration, Export Licenses & Trademarks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by sanana: 4:29pm On May 02, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am a sole proprietor and have enough capital to start my company but i want to start managing the company affairs alone and gradually employ workers. I don't want ordinary business name but something like 'ABC Limited' or 'ABC Nigeria Limited'. I have started the process on CAC website but wondering if it's possible for me to register such business. I was think of applying as a private limited company with no share capital but not sure if that is right,please help me out.

Thank you
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 02, 2017
Nice move!
let me start by saying that any name can b registered, rovided such name is not already tken by som1 else.
2ndly I dnt knw wht u av in mind, but I'll share here with u d sumari of my xpirience while registrying my own company. I started with a biz name(OSINA INTEGRATED SERVICES) with which I've executed contracts with my state government as well as some multinationals, though there is a limitatn to contract value u cn execute with government n d likes of NDDC, I ws told I cnt get beyond N50milion contract with a biz name, but I cant tell if thats truely d case as wot I pressed 4 was less than that amount.
I am now getting set to register a limited liablility company with d same name as we prepare for bigger projects. But it all depends on ur budget, u may choose to start wit d later if thats ok by u.

#GOODLUCK!!!

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by sanana: 9:51pm On May 02, 2017
EFOLK5:
Nice move!
let me start by saying that any name can b registered, rovided such name is not already tken by som1 else.
2ndly I dnt knw wht u av in mind, but I'll share here with u d sumari of my xpirience while registrying my own company. I started with a biz name(OSINA INTEGRATED SERVICES) with which I've executed contracts with my state government as well as some multinationals, though there is a limitatn to contract value u cn execute with government n d likes of NDDC, I ws told I cnt get beyond N50milion contract with a biz name, but I cant tell if thats truely d case as wot I pressed 4 was less than that amount.
I am now getting set to register a limited liablility company with d same name as we prepare for bigger projects. But it all depends on ur budget, u may choose to start wit d later if thats ok by u.

#GOODLUCK!!!

Thank you so much for the contribution. My case is that i want to start the company singly ( only me ), thereafter when it get established like in the next 3 or 6 months then i start employing people. My question here is, will i be able register a limited liability company without first having employees and some well established business structure on ground ? Additional contribution would be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by gametalk: 9:55pm On May 02, 2017
First do name search for #500 if accepted the proceed to make payment of 10k.
Then submission and wait for 2weeks for your certificate.
After your business boom you can upgrade to whatever you want....
Good luck....
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by sanana: 11:17pm On May 02, 2017
gametalk:
First do name search for #500 if accepted the proceed to make payment of 10k.
Then submission and wait for 2weeks for your certificate.
After your business boom you can upgrade to whatever you want....
Good luck....

Thank you so much.
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 02, 2017
sanana:

Thank you so much for the contribution. My case is that i want to start the company singly ( only me ), thereafter when it get established like in the next 3 or 6 months then i start employing people. My question here is, will i be able register a limited liability company without first having employees and some well established business structure on ground ? Additional contribution would be appreciated.

Thank you

ofcuz u dnt need any official office structure nor any employee to register ur company. Just provide them with office address n thats it. on the issue of employees, u can't employ ppl in2 a non existing company, so the registration comes b4 employment.
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by sanana: 11:58pm On May 02, 2017
EFOLK5:

ofcuz u dnt need any official office structure nor any employee to register ur company. Just provide them with office address n thats it. on the issue of employees, u can't employ ppl in2 a non existing company, so the registration comes b4 employment.

Thank you so much for your contribution.

But i saw two options: Private Limited Company by shares and Private Unlimited Company, considering i am the sole owner of this company,which of the two options is most suitable for me ? Any contribution would be appreciated.
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by Nobody: 1:36am On May 03, 2017
sanana:

Thank you so much for your contribution.

But i saw two options: Private Limited Company by shares and Private Unlimited Company, considering i am the sole owner of this company,which of the two options is most suitable for me ? Any contribution would be appreciated.

Go 4 private limited by share, as unlimited is 4 mega conglomertes(eg. EXXONMOBIL PRODUCING NIG. ULTD)
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by sanana: 7:07pm On May 03, 2017
EFOLK5:

Go 4 private limited by share, as unlimited is 4 mega conglomertes(eg. EXXONMOBIL PRODUCING NIG. ULTD)

Thank you so much and God bless.
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by ladycn: 9:15pm On May 03, 2017
Why can't you involve a lawyer who is more knowledgeable in this regard? If you intend going for private company (limited by shares), What's your intended Share Capital?
What are the objects of your company/ nature of business?
Who are the proposed directors of your company?
Who is your company secretary?
What address do you want to use? Your home address or what? Have you made up your mind on the location? All these & more details may be required of you at the time of registration. Etc
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by ladycn: 9:24pm On May 03, 2017
Why can't you involve a lawyer who is more knowledgeable in this regard? If you intend going for private company (limited by shares), What's your intended Share Capital? (A must)
Who are the proposed directors of your company? (doesn't mean you can't manage your business alone later)
What address do you want to use? Your permanent home address( If you haven't gotten an office, of which you could change later with due notification)or what? All these & more details may be required of you at the time of registration. Etc
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by Nobody: 12:31am On May 04, 2017
ladycn:
Why can't you involve a lawyer who is more knowledgeable in this regard? If you intend going for private company (limited by shares), What's your intended Share Capital?
Who are the proposed directors of your company?
What address do you want to use? Your home address or what? Have you made up your mind on the location? All these & more details may be required of you at the time of registration

He can comfortably handle everytin without spending money to contract a lawyer, but if he has some cash 2 throw around, y not? every information that'll needed for d Ltd. are all needed wen registering a biz name except for directors. any body can b brought in as a co-owner, just breack d registration fee in2 a ratio of say "80/20", hold 80% by urself n give 20% to any1 u may choose(eg. brother, wife, a frnd etc.). d best n d easiest tin 2 do is to contact CAC for a list of all d requirement for such registration. that info will b available free of charge at CAC office, as well as via online.
CHEERS!!!
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by ekel101: 1:34am On May 04, 2017
sanana:
Hello everyone,

I am a sole proprietor and have enough capital to start my company but i want to start managing the company affairs alone and gradually employ workers. I don't want ordinary business name but something like 'ABC Limited' or 'ABC Nigeria Limited'. I have started the process on CAC website but wondering if it's possible for me to register such business. I was think of applying as a private limited company with no share capital but not sure if that is right,please help me out.

Thank you

You can get it done yourself for just 10500 , 500 for name search and 10,000 for the business registration, I can put you through the processes ,
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by sanana: 6:50am On May 05, 2017
Already the name search is pending approval. I thank everyone that has contributed most especially EFOLK5.

Please @EFOLK5 if you have all the list of information that may be asked during the registration i will be happy if you can share them with me.

Thank you
Re: Advice Me On Company Registration With CAC by domack99(m): 6:36am On Aug 25, 2017
sanana:
Already the name search is pending approval. I thank everyone that has contributed most especially EFOLK5.

Please @EFOLK5 if you have all the list of information that may be asked during the registration i will be happy if you can share them with me.

Thank you

Hello Sanana,

How far with the progress of your company registration. I started mine recently and the company name has been approved, but can't progress beyond inputting the company details, seems there is a glitch or something with there application.

Like to know if you have able to successfully progress the registration to completion

(1) (Reply)

What Business I Can Do With 500,000 / Get $0.5 For Each Referral / Incorporate Or Register Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.