Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster (39419 Views)

Today Is Stella Adadevoh's 63rd Posthumous Birthday / Google Honours Dr Ameyo Adadevoh With A Google Doodle On Her Birthday. / Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 03, 2017
Awwww cry cry cry
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by babzlim(m): 12:24pm On May 03, 2017
God, I love this ... may her soul continue to rest in peace.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by brenister10: 12:24pm On May 03, 2017
I taya for this country, so they have forgotten her so easily. Now it's Anthony Joshua who they didn't even gave a chance to succeed. Tomorrow it might be you.... Rest on Madam cos your memory lives on... . You were indeed a soldier
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by ElsonMorali: 12:24pm On May 03, 2017
I most certainly cannot die for this country. angry
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by maxiuc(m): 12:24pm On May 03, 2017
Chai this woman really tried
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Zizicardo(f): 12:25pm On May 03, 2017
she deserves more, honestly
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by one4GOD(f): 12:26pm On May 03, 2017
DatsWasupp:
A Lagosian, Dejiayowole shared this picture with the following caption: "If the Lagos State Government won't do it for her... I will! She is the reason why Lagos can celebrate 50 years in good health. She DESERVES to be acknowledged for her heroic endeavors. Lagos could have been swamped with the Ebola disease and it could have been uncontrollable, but thanks to her... It was contained. God bless you Dr. Stella Adadevoh. May your soul #RIP #ThisWasPhotoshopped #WishItWereReal"

Ameyo Adadevoh (27 October 1956 – 19 August 2014) was a Nigerian physician. Her great-grandfather, Herbert Macaulay, is one of the most celebrated founders of modern
Nigeria.

She was also the grand niece of Nigeria's first president Nnamdi Azikiwe .

She is credited with having curbed a wider spread of the Ebola virus in Nigeria by placing the patient zero, Patrick Sawyer , in quarantine despite pressures from the Liberian Government. On 4 August 2014, it was confirmed that she had tested positive for E.... Click source to continue

Source: http://www.datswasupblog.com/2017/05/lagosian-photoshops-picture-of-late-dr.html?m=1

Even Bode George was one of the lagos story poster but not this woman. Thank you OP for this and hope Ambode corrects this.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Origin(f): 12:27pm On May 03, 2017
Pretty sure its not bias just an error. Her name and person can never be forgotten. If they can put Tuface and dangote- wetin dem go say do them.

Celebrating Lagos is the celebration of everyone who has done good in and for Lagos.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by thorpido(m): 12:29pm On May 03, 2017
She deserves to be honoured but all those on the posters are all alive.They didn't use anyone who is late.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Miles300: 12:30pm On May 03, 2017
And we are here celebrating bbn naija mates like say dem win World Cup !!
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by sunsewa16: 12:30pm On May 03, 2017
she more than deserved it,but here such fits are not celebrated,but mediocrity and bbnaija are celebrated.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Splashme: 12:31pm On May 03, 2017
They used her name to campaign for 2015 same way they did with Abiola's name. Now, they dump them in the trash can
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by tamertery(m): 12:32pm On May 03, 2017
djlawex02:

If Ebola don kill you, e go still be wash... just gerarahere mehn

Funny picture....

grin
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 03, 2017
Ambode over to you...
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 03, 2017
adorablepepple:
God bless this person, instead of them to celebrate worthy people who are heroes they are busy celebrating mediocrity....
The pictures of the so called celebrities are all over the place and I begin to wonder ,what is the use

That's naija for you. The land of mediocrity and naivevity. Heroes are not celebrated in Nigeria but zeroes are. It a pity.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 03, 2017
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS PEOPLE WITH GREAT TALENTS AND COURAGES MOVES OUTSIDE NIGERIA TO RENDER THEIR SERVICES BECAUSE NO MATTER UR TALENT AND SACRIFICE FOR NIGERIA IT WILL NOT BE RECOGNISED NOR REMEMBERED AFTER U HAVE PASSED AWAY...... I DIDN'T START TODAY AND WON'T END EVEN TODAY #Ispiteonnigeria
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by enigma2007(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2017
I won't complain until i see all the posters that are in Lagos. Has OP checked all the posters in Lagos before coming to his conclusion?

Maybe people can snap and upload all the posters around them so that we can conclude that they omitted her truly..

1 Like

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by RicardoRich(m): 1:00pm On May 03, 2017
This is a "woman of virtue" nt a slay queen...
Oh.. Hw I wish our ladies of today will choose to be a "woman of virtue nt a slay queen"...
#RIP...
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by nellyelitz(m): 1:01pm On May 03, 2017
southniyikaye:
we are too biased in this country
is that what you were asked to say?
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:03pm On May 03, 2017
RicardoRich:
This is a "woman of virtue" nt a slay queen...
Oh.. Hw I wish our ladies of today will choose to be a "woman of virtue nt a slay queen"...
#RIP...

Oh how I so much hate the words - slay queen

1 Like

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by eyinjuege: 1:06pm On May 03, 2017
GreenMavro:
sad

I told Ambode to honour her, He no honour her angry angry

She deserve a medal... cry

A patriotic lagosian to the call smiley smiley

May her soul continue to REST IN PEACE

Nigeria should honor her, and not just Lagos state

If Ebola had been allowed to spread, you can be sure every south west, south east, middle belt and northern state would have been affected.
Lagos is a central point for every state in Nigeria. Go to the parks, airports and see how people travel to and fro Lagos. Even those in the power house in abuja wouldn't have been spared.
Also to acknowledge was the swift response of the Lagos state govt Fashola, Jide Idris, and that smallie SA of Jide Idris. To be honest, I really dislike the people I've just mentioned, but give honor to whom its due.
Some health care workers- nurses also lost their lives. Some were able to survive it. We should remember them also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 03, 2017
nellyelitz:
is that what you were asked to say?
that is you giving alms int the picture,notice me attitude.

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 03, 2017
It's easier to thank god than to thank true heroes...
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by ogobaby23(f): 1:19pm On May 03, 2017
We are always quick to forget the real heroes and that's quite sad and disheartening.

RIP kind Dr Stella
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nigeriadondie: 1:22pm On May 03, 2017
So sad that we people lose people that add value to our lives but the people whose existence is of no value either wud survive or narrowly escaped or fortunately recovered I mean d likes of Dino, Saraki and other yam eating goats
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 03, 2017
Dr Adedovoh, I cannot just forget that woman in a hurry, she saved our dear country from mass ebola attack.
May she continue to rest in peace.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by rabonni(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2017
She was used go to thirds mainland bridge it's there, it's tagged home of wellness

1 Like

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 03, 2017
This woman remains top of my all time greatest women in Nigeria
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by BabaO2: 1:46pm On May 03, 2017
Ambode, pls what is the moral justification of including Bode George an ex convict in the success story of Lagos @50?
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by ikelese2014: 1:58pm On May 03, 2017
What nation or do I say what a state. Dr Adadevoh sacrificed are her team sacrificed their lives so that we can live. However the state in celebrating its 50th anniversary of its existence chose to suffer acute amnesia of her containment of the dread Ebola virus. What would have happened had the Dr like the average complacent citizens succumb to external pressure and allow the Liberian leave and mingle with the thousands of worshippers at the synagogue, his supposed destination for miraculously cure.

What a hero to be so forgotten, no wonder the society is where it is when all we celebrate are crooks with our stolen common wealth.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by leslie12345: 2:02pm On May 03, 2017
She needs to be remembered, may her soul rest in peace,Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hotness Inside The Body / Mysterious Disease Hits Girls' School In Kenya / 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.