Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster (39415 Views)

Today Is Stella Adadevoh's 63rd Posthumous Birthday / Google Honours Dr Ameyo Adadevoh With A Google Doodle On Her Birthday. / Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by mangood74: 2:06pm On May 03, 2017
Ethnic Bigots Yorubas Only themselves
Na Yorubads develop lagos? only their pictures dem put for all the posters
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by drololaaof: 2:36pm On May 03, 2017
Thanks for the beautiful job done,by this post.She is EFUNSETAN&IYALODE TINUBU of our time,BRF AMBODE NAY FED GOVT what are you doing or have done for her rembrance!
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Kaymaxine(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2017
check d pictures of the "ordinary people" amongst d stupidt posters,(one market woman and one appretice guy lik dt),dier names were nt written alongside their pictures...ONLY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by fantastique4: 2:51pm On May 03, 2017
Tazdroid:
If there's anyone who truly deserves to be there, it's her
try to think before u make comments. I love what she did for nigeria and not lagos alone but let's not forget that this posters are honouring those people whom lagos state has contributed to their achievements. Many of them started their successful careers in lagos and they are expressing their appreciation on the face of a poster. The woman did an heroic thing and she will forever remain in our heart but the slogan(lagos is my success story) cannot be said of her. Her death is not a success story to her and her family. She can be immortalised with other things, not lagos is my success story.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by laudate: 2:51pm On May 03, 2017
mangood74:

Haba!! Make una dey lie small-small, nah. Do you live in Lagos? Or did you have a blindfold over your eyes when you were walking down its major streets or travelling along the highways? Were TuFace Idibia, Dangote and other non-Yoruba people not featured in the posters? shocked

Anyway na wetin concern me, sef? Let me leave those Yoruba people to give you an answer...
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by laudate: 2:53pm On May 03, 2017
ogobaby23:
We are always quick to forget the real heroes and that's quite sad and disheartening.

RIP kind Dr Stella

Yeah, she was one of a kind. cry Ameyo Stella Adadevoh, the doctor who prevented Patrick Sawyer, a Liberian-American man infected with the deadly Ebola virus from leaving the hospital, and ended his quest to spread the virus in Lagos, was the daughter of former Unilag VC Professor Babatunde Kwaku Adadevoh (deceased) of the Adadevoh family of Anyako Royal House, Ghana and the Crowther/Macaulay family of Lagos, Nigeria and Deborah Regina McIntosh of the Nnamdi Azikiwe family (i.e. former President of Nigeria 1963-1966) and Smith/Wilkey families of Lagos, Nigeria. She gave her life to prevent the death of millions and slipped into eternity on August 19th 2014. May her soul rest in peace. cry

2 Likes

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by toseen7: 2:56pm On May 03, 2017
Ambode fall hand this time.. angry

RIP Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Tazdroid(m): 2:57pm On May 03, 2017
fantastique4:
try to think before u make comments. I love what she did for nigeria and not lagos alone but let's not forget that this posters are honouring those people whom lagos state has contributed to their achievements. Many of them started their successful careers in lagos and they are expressing their appreciation on the face of a poster. The woman did an heroic thing and she will forever remain in our heart but the slogan(lagos is my success story) cannot be said of her. Her death is not a success story to her and her family. She can be immortalised with other things, not lagos is my success story.

And you just had to start out with a senseless statement before buttressing ur point? undecided Don't do that again.

1 Like

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by laudate: 3:04pm On May 03, 2017
fantastique4:

Why not? shocked Her grandfather was a Lagosian. She lived, worked and studied in Lagos. She spent over 20 years providing medical care to the sick at First Consultants Hospital, right in the heart of Lagos Island. She saved multitudes of Lagosians from what would have been a deadly epidemic of disastrous proportions. undecided

So what makes her contributions less than those whose photographs appeared on those posters?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by benitwater(m): 3:06pm On May 03, 2017
continue to rest in peace,thanks for been such a blessing to our nation.your spirit lives on........
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by fantastique4: 3:06pm On May 03, 2017
Tazdroid:

And you just had to start out with a senseless statement before buttressing ur point? undecided Don't do that again.
sorry about that,but u got my point right?
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by mu2sa2: 3:13pm On May 03, 2017
This woman literally sacrificed her life to save the city of lagos from the catastrophe of Ebola. She "stubbornly" quarantined a diplomat against his will, knowing full well that his release portend danger for multitudes of people. She knew the danger she faced, but she wasn't concerned about herself but for others! She is a hero. Believe it or not, if ebola had broken out in lagos at the time, it would have wiped out a large chunk of the 15 -20 million population. Whether governor ambode or Wole soyinka(who heads Lagos at 50 committee), deliberately or hypocritically, recognize her or not, history will remember Dr Adadevoh as a great Nigerian. What an achievement for the grand daughter of Herbert Macaulay, a foremost Lagosian and nationalist.

1 Like

Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by lakesider(m): 3:23pm On May 03, 2017
If u check properly . there is no late hero in the banners
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by desy24444(m): 3:32pm On May 03, 2017
Good one but my question is that...did she do it alone? No of course. There was a Nurse that died too. So why is that she is the only person been honoured. Let's learn to honour everyone that have exempted him/herself in a course. RIP DR, RIP Nurse, RIP to others that we don't know.....may your souls and the souls of he faithfully departed rest in peace.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by DeRay98(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2017
That's the problem with most regions and states in Nigeria, the contributions a non-native to the state other than his or her own is very likely to ignored when heroes of that locality are being immortalised.
From the Eastern to Western to Northern states. They are the same.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by bewla(m): 3:39pm On May 03, 2017
GreenMavro:
sad

I told Ambode to honour her, He no honour her angry angry

She deserve a medal... cry

A patriotic lagosian to the call smiley smiley

May her soul continue to REST IN PEACE
Ambo no be governor in her time now na fash laso sorry fashola be the man now
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 03, 2017
My heartfelt condolence to the late doctors family
Hope and pray Lagos state government gets to see this thread.
Click share to go round,and hope it gets to them
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 03, 2017
desy24444:
Good one but my question is that...did she do it alone? No of course. There was a Nurse that died too. So why is that she is the only person been honoured. Let's learn to honour everyone that have exempted him/herself in a course. RIP DR, RIP Nurse, RIP to others that we don't know.....may your souls and the souls of he faithfully departed rest in peace.
No she didn't,but d point is those that died saving lagosians were not remembered in the Lagos at 50 thing
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by LePrezident(m): 4:02pm On May 03, 2017
Lol, I hope y'all know Doctor Adadevoh is orginally Ghanaian? Anyways, Ghana has Mr. Eazi, Nigeria can have Dr. Adadevoh
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2017
The Labour of our heroes past shall never be in Vain.

Thank you Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh. The symbol of sacrifice.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by laudate: 4:11pm On May 03, 2017
LePrezident:
Lol, I hope y'all know Doctor Adadevoh is orginally Ghanaian? Anyways, Ghana has Mr. Eazi, Nigeria can have Dr. Adadevoh

Her father was half-Ghanaian. His first name was Babatunde. Her mother was a Nigerian. Her grandfather was a full-blooded Nigerian.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Myself2(m): 4:11pm On May 03, 2017
GreenMavro:
sad

I told Ambode to honour her, He no honour her angry angry

She deserve a medal... cry

A patriotic lagosian to the call smiley smiley

May her soul continue to REST IN PEACE

To the call ? shocked shocked
shocked
shocked
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by missyadorable(f): 4:12pm On May 03, 2017
danaiks:
How many likes for Dr. Stella Adadevoh sad

Foolish woman! Risked and lost her life for a country that places no value on human life and sacrifices.

Am sure she is regretting why she didn't discharge Sawyerr to go spread the disease.

She didn't love herself

Quote me and bury your children
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by LePrezident(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2017
laudate:

Her father was half-Ghanaian. His first name was Babatunde. Her mother was a Nigerian. Her grandfather was a full-blooded Nigerian.

Ok oh... no need to argue cos I know her family house in Ghana. Anyways still one people.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by NoRetreat(m): 6:11pm On May 03, 2017
Thank you for refusing to join the bandwagon. Nigerians are used to forget issues quickly .
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Bigsteveg(m): 9:37pm On May 03, 2017
DatsWasupp:
A Lagosian, Dejiayowole shared this picture with the following caption: "If the Lagos State Government won't do it for her... I will! She is the reason why Lagos can celebrate 50 years in good health. She DESERVES to be acknowledged for her heroic endeavors. Lagos could have been swamped with the Ebola disease and it could have been uncontrollable, but thanks to her... It was contained. God bless you Dr. Stella Adadevoh. May your soul #RIP #ThisWasPhotoshopped #WishItWereReal"

Ameyo Adadevoh (27 October 1956 – 19 August 2014) was a Nigerian physician. Her great-grandfather, Herbert Macaulay, is one of the most celebrated founders of modern
Nigeria.

She was also the grand niece of Nigeria's first president Nnamdi Azikiwe .

She is credited with having curbed a wider spread of the Ebola virus in Nigeria by placing the patient zero, Patrick Sawyer , in quarantine despite pressures from the Liberian Government. On 4 August 2014, it was confirmed that she had tested positive for E.... Click source to continue

Source: http://www.datswasupblog.com/2017/05/lagosian-photoshops-picture-of-late-dr.html?m=1

Her picture is somewhere around Adeola Odeku road, VI. The postals are everywhere around Lagos, How many will he check out?
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Bigsteveg(m): 9:40pm On May 03, 2017
missyadorable:

Foolish woman! Risked and lost her life for a country that places no value on human life and sacrifices.

Am sure she is regretting why she didn't discharge Sawyerr to go spread the disease.

She didn't love herself

Quote me and bury your children
Her picture is somewhere around Adeola Odeku road, VI. The postals are everywhere around Lagos, How many will he check out?.
This statement coming from a lady, i must say you have no morals at all? You are not intelligent at all
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Bigsteveg(m): 9:40pm On May 03, 2017
DeRay98:
That's the problem with most regions and states in Nigeria, the contributions a non-native to the state other than his or her own is very likely to ignored when heroes of that locality are being immortalised.
From the Eastern to Western to Northern states. They are the same.
Her picture is somewhere around Adeola Odeku road, VI. The postals are everywhere around Lagos, How many will he check out?
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Bigsteveg(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2017
mu2sa2:
This woman literally sacrificed her life to save the city of lagos from the catastrophe of Ebola. She "stubbornly" quarantined a diplomat against his will, knowing full well that his release portend danger for multitudes of people. She knew the danger she faced, but she wasn't concerned about herself but for others! She is a hero. Believe it or not, if ebola had broken out in lagos at the time, it would have wiped out a large chunk of the 15 -20 million population. Whether governor ambode or Wole soyinka(who heads Lagos at 50 committee), deliberately or hypocritically, recognize her or not, history will remember Dr Adadevoh as a great Nigerian. What an achievement for the grand daughter of Herbert Macaulay, a foremost Lagosian and nationalist.
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Bigsteveg(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2017
laudate:

Why not? shocked Her grandfather was a Lagosian. She lived, worked and studied in Lagos. She spent over 20 years providing medical care to the sick at First Consultants Hospital, right in the heart of Lagos Island. She saved multitudes of Lagosians from what would have been a deadly epidemic of disastrous proportions. undecided

So what makes her contributions less than those whose photographs appeared on those posters?
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Bigsteveg(m): 9:42pm On May 03, 2017
toseen7:
Ambode fall hand this time.. angry

RIP Dr. Ameyo Stella
Adadevoh
Her picture is somewhere around Adeola Odeku road, VI. The postals are everywhere around Lagos, How many will he check out? Everything is not even Ambode, There are people in charge of these things. Civil servants
Re: Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster by Bigsteveg(m): 9:44pm On May 03, 2017
mangood74:
Perhaps, Dangote dey, nearly all musicians dey(How many artise are from lagos?). Go round pls and stop criticizing negatively, the postal cut across

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother Of Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagoon: "My Son Will Be Rescued Alive" / Help! My Head Is Embarrassingly Big. Makes Me Sad / Hotness Inside The Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.