Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

How Can I Keep Natural Hair - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Can I Keep Natural Hair (996 Views)

Check Out My Natural Hair 2 Years After Being Mocked About My Hair / I Need Suggestions For Growing My Natural Hair Faster / Diy's On Natural Hair & Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Keep Natural Hair by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 03, 2017
Good day all. I need your help on how to keep my natural hair. I retouched my hair around march, I want to change my look moreover the hair its always due for retouching almost every month because its hard, i have retouched my hair two times this year, and its back to normal. Pls what are the requirement for natural hair. What should i buy like the type of hair conditioner to buy etc. Pls i need help before i retouch again. Am getting tired, thanks for the advice in advance.
Re: How Can I Keep Natural Hair by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 03, 2017
First step, stop relaxing the hair.

Get Cantu products, they have natural hair shampoos, conditioners and other cool styling products.

Start using natural oils like Shea butter, coconut oil and palm kernel oil. They are very good.
Re: How Can I Keep Natural Hair by seoxpert(m): 3:45pm On May 03, 2017
kennygee:
First step, stop relaxing the hair.

Get Cantu products, they have natural hair shampoos, conditioners and other cool styling products.

Start using natural oils like Shea butter, coconut oil and palm kernel oil. They are very good.
In a nut shell, stop applying artificials/chemicals to your hair by way of treatment, go green lol
Re: How Can I Keep Natural Hair by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 03, 2017
seoxpert:
In a nut shell, stop applying artificials/chemicals to your hair by way of treatment, go green lol

Yes.

grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Keep Natural Hair by streem26: 9:07pm On May 03, 2017
Also as a new natural, dryness is expected once you ge.t the big chop. I suggest weekly DEep condition treatments to slowly ease your hair back into retaining moisture. Slap on your conditioner, maybe an egg (but not too often cos too much protein makes your hair too brittle, once a month is fine) and your coconut oil, olive oil etc. let that sit over night. Trust me , once your hair gets into this pattern, it will be super soft and manageable. Also, you need to stop with the ori, butters are sealants and as such act as a surface, they lock in the moisture you already have on and prevent more from getting in. So you're going about moisturizing your hair all wrong. Make a mixture of water and coconut oil, and just spritz this on your hair when it feels dry. You can use the ori once a week after you have moisturized well with water and coconut oil, you could then apply the ori to lock in the moisture. Also what shampoo are you using? It could contain sulphate which can be extremely drying for your hair, black soap is a better alternative if you dont want to spend on organic shampoos. Also putting your hair in braids or tiny twists hairstylezz overnight help a lot with softening your hair. Just my 2 cents. From a natural who got her BC two years ago, struggled with her hair, bought all the products listed on every blog and did as everyone suggested but couldnt get her hair to grow well. Since i got my second BC 4 months ago, my growth rate has been amazing , my hair is super manageable and so thick. Trust me, your best friends at this stage are coconut oil, tea rinses, water, your black soap , monthly protein treatments and weekly deep conditioning treatments 40 mins- overnight if u want (they save your life

Re: How Can I Keep Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 03, 2017
streem26:
Also as a new natural, dryness is expected once you ge.t the big chop. I suggest weekly DEep condition treatments to slowly ease your hair back into retaining moisture. Slap on your conditioner, maybe an egg (but not too often cos too much protein makes your hair too brittle, once a month is fine) and your coconut oil, olive oil etc. let that sit over night. Trust me , once your hair gets into this pattern, it will be super soft and manageable. Also, you need to stop with the ori, butters are sealants and as such act as a surface, they lock in the moisture you already have on and prevent more from getting in. So you're going about moisturizing your hair all wrong. Make a mixture of water and coconut oil, and just spritz this on your hair when it feels dry. You can use the ori once a week after you have moisturized well with water and coconut oil, you could then apply the ori to lock in the moisture. Also what shampoo are you using? It could contain sulphate which can be extremely drying for your hair, black soap is a better alternative if you dont want to spend on organic shampoos. Also putting your hair in braids or tiny twists hairstylezz overnight help a lot with softening your hair. Just my 2 cents. From a natural who got her BC two years ago, struggled with her hair, bought all the products listed on every blog and did as everyone suggested but couldnt get her hair to grow well. Since i got my second BC 4 months ago, my growth rate has been amazing , my hair is super manageable and so thick. Trust me, your best friends at this stage are coconut oil, tea rinses, water, your black soap , monthly protein treatments and weekly deep conditioning treatments 40 mins- overnight if u want (they save your life
oh my God thank you sis for the advice am really greatful. Thanks ma [color=#006600][/color]

(1) (Reply)

How To Grow Full Beards? / Get Ur Orginal Cosmetics / African Bed Sheets And Duvet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.