Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,588 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Aggrieved (the Cry Of The Innocent) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Aggrieved (the Cry Of The Innocent) (342 Views)

Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region / The Innocent Mistake / The Innocent Betrayal (A Romance Short Story By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aggrieved (the Cry Of The Innocent) by globenny: 8:04pm On May 03, 2017
Tears flowed down my eyes as I saw the lifeless body of my childhood friend Jessica. Standing by the graveside, watching her parents and siblings sobbed uncontrollably for their loss, my heart was heavy with grief, but "who can I poured out my burden to"? Who would quietly listen to me without condemnation?
Fresh tears dropped down my cheeks, as I pondered all these quietly in my heart.
The wailing of jessica's mother brought me back to reality and noticing it was time for friends to pay their last respect, I drew closer to the graveside, squatted, grabbing a handful of sand in my hand and pouring it unto the grave. "Farewell friend", I said. Running out of the crowd like I was being chased, I ran never turning back until I reached my room, where I knew it was safe enough for me to freely poured out my pain and burden. TO BE CONTINUED

Who shall I poured my grieve to? Who would listen to me without accusation, shall I be condemned if I opened. Ah! Sobbed hardly as all these thought choked her mind.
The only person she confinds, Amanda her sister has all lot going through her mind, from their dead parents, to the seizure of all their parent property by her uncle and the force marriage which was influenced by uncle Eze on the promise of giving them their parent property back.

Amanda has always been my trusted adviser. From the early stage of my menstrual pain to the time when a boy in my class decided to use me as his bullying tool. Each time I remember how she bullied my bully, I laugh. That was the last day he ever tried bullying anyone. Infact, each time our path crossed he would get scared and avoid me or greet me with respect and pass. On a certain, he almost prostrated in the name of greeting me. The people around us laughed to their satisfaction, making jest of him.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Says "We Shouldn't All Be Feminists" / Are There Book Editors In The House? / SYNW Osun State Chapter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.