Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story (3362 Views)

'Spectacular' Discovery Validates Biblical Story Of Queen Jezebel (Photos) / Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? / Two Different Religious Views About The Jacob/esau Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by darlingtonNYIG(m): 9:14pm On May 03, 2017
This morning I woke to meditate on the Jacob and Esau bible story and I am caught in the belief that some are born blessed despite their inequities while others need to work out their brains to be successful in life. A close examination of the lives of these biblical men exposes the inequality when it comes to the blessings from God (my opinion). Jacob never really worked hard for anything rather he deceptively gained the blessing of Isaac and the birthright of Esau (some will see it as being smart) while Esau toiled to be successful without any spiritual providence working on his behalf. Jacob actions never drew any wrath from God rather he progressed to the extent the present Jewish nation are direct descendant of his twelve children whereas that of Esau who to my understanding are scattered around the middle east without any clear account of their present abode in today's history.

My questions now are;

Does this mean some people aren't blessed at all and have no inheritance from God and for them make any progress, they must work hard and suffer deep?

Is this why many complain that despite their fervent prayers, goodwill and hard work things are still difficult for them whereas, some people don't even pray or put much effort but keep achieving success?

Is it right for God to predetermine our being before we are born by giving some better opportunities to be successful through his blessings and others less opportunities to success leaving them with no other option than to toil the earth to make sense of their lives

With these questions above, is one right to assume being successful isn't the amount of prayers done or amount of hard work put but if your being have a predetermined blessing from God and that God have already decided whom to bless and who not to bless despite how we pray or work hard ?

Remember in Genesis 25 verse 23 the Lord answered Rebecca that in her are two nations who will rival each other with one being stronger than the other and the older will serve the younger. Here, God has decided that despite Esau's strength, he will still serve Jacob.

NOTE; this is my meditation, it will make more sense to me if the bible enthusiast of Nairaland family can help me make more sense to why some individuals possess more grace than others and some seem not to have grace at all. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by psucc(m): 9:21pm On May 03, 2017
I do not think the word partial is proper when referring to the Esau-Jacob issue. God is omni in everything and whatever He decides, MAN has no objection whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by darlingtonNYIG(m): 9:34pm On May 03, 2017
I need to understand that particular happening in respect to man's struggle now
psucc:
I do not think the word partial is proper when referring to the Esau-Jacob issue. God is omni in everything and whatever He decides, MAN has no objection whatsoever.

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by olagbemi118(m): 9:37pm On May 03, 2017
We are just clay in the hands of the potter
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by temitope277(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2017
are u questioning God work?

1 Like

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by macof(m): 10:00pm On May 03, 2017
You need to understand that the story of Jacob and Esau you know was written by Jews, Jews whose ancestor is Jacob

While Esau went to became a great man in Edom( a nation south of ancient Israel: modern Palestine)

God the creator(if you chose to call it that) might not have made Jacob greater than Esau but we would never know because we know only the story told by the jews to massage their bigoted ego
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 10:02pm On May 03, 2017
I hope you know that in material wealth, Esau was wealthier than Jacob?

Jacob gave to Esau animals as gifts but Esau won't accept them becos he was also blessed and had enough. He was never poor.

And Esau said, I have enough, my brother; keep that thou hast unto thyself.
Genesis:33:9

The issue here wasn't material blessings, it had to do with the Covenant. The covenant of POSTERITY. GOD MADE A PROMISE, WHO WILL STAND AND WORK TO BRING IT TO PASS?

God chooses who will be steadfast no matter the heat, not the one who will break.

Go and find out what Esau did when the heat came. He went wild with the women God had commanded that they shd not touch.

Amalek was his bastard son who turned out to be a serious thorn on the Flesh of the Israelites when they came out of Egypt, and after many years later.

The Amalekites, just like the Muslims today were a serious ache to the nation of Israel all because Esau couldn't take the heat and stay focus.

Under heat, how do you handle situations?

God sees the end from the beginning, because he gives us Free Will to act, He knows who will fail.

Jacob kept his family intact under God, God.saw that long before he started having the kids.

It was all about the Covenant bro.

Reuben was Jacobs first son, why didn't God pick him to fulfill the Promise he made to Abraham, that He will send his descendants to a Strange land to multiply, then later bring them back again to Canaan? That was becos, he saw that Reuben was soft towards women. Reuben wouldn't have resisted Madam Potipher's sex offer. Right under his fathers roof, he had sex with his father's wife. God saw that.

What about Simeon the second Son? He had Temper issues, What about Levi, the third? He was quick to take revenge.

Attitude was and is everything.

Bottom line, Before God calls you into a covenant, He knows what you can do.

4 Likes

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by macof(m): 10:07pm On May 03, 2017
analice107:
I hope you know that in material wealth, Esau was wealthier than Jacob?

Jacob gave to Esau animals as gifts but Esau won't accept them becos he was also blessed and had enough. He was never poor.

And Esau said, I have enough, my brother; keep that thou hast unto thyself.
Genesis:33:9

The issue here wasn't material blessings, it had to do with the Covenant. The covenant of POSTERITY. GOD MADE A PROMISE, WHO WILL STAND AND WORK TO BRING IT TO PASS?

God chooses who will be steadfast no matter the heat, not the one who will break.

Go and find out what Esau did when the heat came. He went wild with the women God had commanded that they shd not touch.

Amalek was he bastard son who turned out to be a serious thorn on the Flesh of the Israelites when they came out of Egypt, and after many years later.

The Amalekites, just like the Muslims today were a serious ache to the nation of Israel all because Esau couldn't take the heat and stay focus.

Under heat, how do you handle situations?

God sees the end from the beginning, because he gives us Free Will to act, He knows who will fail.

Jacob kept his family intact under God, God.saw that long before he started having the kids.

It was all about the Covenant bro.

Reuben was Jacobs first son, why didn't God pick him to fulfill the Promise he made to Abraham, that He will send his descendants to a Strange land to multiply, then later bring them back again to Canaan? That was becos, he saw that Reuben was soft towards women. Reuben wouldn't have resisted Madam Potipher's sex offer. Right under his fathers roof, he had sex with his father's wife. God saw that.

What about Simeon the second Son? He had Temper issues, What about Levi, the third? He was quick to take revenge.

Attitude was and is everything.

Bottom line, Before God calls you into a covenant, He knows what you can do.

Who assigns attitude?

In exodus, this ur god made Pharaoh stubborn, by 'hardening his heart'. And after all he creates all things eh?

Why didn't this god create Esau with the right attitude?

2 Likes

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 10:28pm On May 03, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:

[Does this mean some people aren't blessed at all and have no inheritance from God and for them make any progress, they must work hard and suffer deep?

Is this why many complain that despite their fervent prayers, goodwill and hard work things are still difficult for them whereas, some people don't even pray or put much effort but keep achieving success?

Is it right for God to predetermine our being before we are born by giving some better opportunities to be successful through his blessings and others less opportunities to success leaving them with no other option than to toil the earth to make sense of their lives

With these questions above, is one right to assume being successful isn't the amount of prayers done or amount of hard work put but if your being have a predetermined blessing from God and that God have already decided whom to bless and who not to bless despite how we pray or work hard ?

Remember in Genesis 25 verse 23 the Lord answered Rebecca that in her are two nations who will rival each other with one being stronger than the other and the older will serve the younger. Here, God has decided that despite Esau's strength, he will still serve Jacob.

NOTE; this is my meditation, it will make more sense to me if the bible enthusiast of Nairaland family can help me make more sense to why some individuals possess more grace than others and some seem not to have grace at all. Thank you

Let's look at some points you raised here.

1. Let's answer this question with Matt 25:14-15.

For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Matthew:25:14

And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
Matthew:25:15

Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
Matthew:25:16

And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Matthew:25:17

But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Matthew:25:18

God has given everyone of us a talent (A calling) or blessings according to our capacity to trade with. But, most of us do not even know what our talent is, so are toiling in a wrong field.

We are sowing our seeds in a wrong soil thereby getting poor harvest or no harvest at all.

Some do not even care to find out anything about themselves. They just saw themselves on earth, they don't care to ask 'Why Am i here?' What is MY PURPOSE ON EARTH?

MANY are suffering because their existence lack purpose.

If God hasn't sent you then you are on your own. He won't bend His rules for you, He takes you up with Him when you seek Him.

Another thing, Even if you have discovered your Purpose on earth, there are Kingdom Principles that makes your Purpose successful, are you applying them?

Kingdom Prosperity doesn't answer to Fasting and Prayers, they answer to activation and practicing the Principles.

There are ordinances that most be followed according God's prescriptions, except you want to stain your hands.

Mary the Mother of Jesus said to the men in the Wedding Feast in Cana, "Whatever He tells you to do, do it".

Have you found out the Kingdom Principles that provokes Kingdom Prosperity?

Remember, God doesn't give anyone money, He gives you ideas, work on the ideas in conjunction with His laid down ordinances and watch.

First, discover who you are in Christ. If you don't know who you are, you'll be told you are not.

When you know what you are here (on earth) to do, your job would have been half done.

Focus on your calling.

1 Like

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 10:34pm On May 03, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:

This morning I woke to meditate on the Jacob and Esau bible story and I am caught in the belief that some are born blessed despite their inequities while others need to work out their brains to be successful in life. A close examination of the lives of these biblical men exposes the inequality when it comes to the blessings from God (my opinion). Jacob never really worked hard for anything rather he deceptively gained the blessing of Isaac and the birthright of Esau (some will see it as being smart) while Esau toiled to be successful without any spiritual providence working on his behalf. Jacob actions never drew any wrath from God rather he progressed to the extent the present Jewish nation are direct descendant of his twelve children whereas that of Esau who to my understanding are scattered around the middle east without any clear account of their present abode in today's history.

My questions now are;

Does this mean some people aren't blessed at all and have no inheritance from God and for them make any progress, they must work hard and suffer deep?

Grace according the Job (Assignment on Earth) given to you.

Peter was an Apostle, God saw that he was quick to talk, He gave him the assignment of leading the Apostles (Church) in Jerusalem. Apostle.

Paul was bold, deep knows how to get into people more, He sent him out to the Gentles.

If Paul wasn't who he was, he would've failed in the field.

Different Grace for different assignment.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 10:51pm On May 03, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:
I need to understand that particular happening in respect to man's struggle now
Man's struggles is as a result of Misplaced priorities, lack of knowledge or outright disobedience to the Kingdoms Principles.

We are not interested in Him who created us and set a purpose for us on earth, we want to chat our own course, of course we will fail, but then, when we do, we blame Him.

Let me ask you Op, Have you discovered your earthly assignment? Why did God bring you here?

To Jeremiah He said;

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Jeremiah:1:5

What is your calling in Life?

Most of us, when we hear calling, we quickly run to ministry. No, Being a Medical Doctor is a calling, teaching, Engineering, trading etc.

I know someone who was trading here in Nigeria. A believer in Living Faith. He tried everything to even break even, it wasn't working, he cried out to God, " What should i do? What am i doing wrong? pls show me.

The Lord said to him, relocate to Ghana, your destiny is in Ghana. He had never been to Ghana before and never had any intention of going. The Lord said move. He did. When he got to Ghana, he settled in Accra, God said no, Move to Kumasi, but Accra is better he protested, God said move to Kumasi, he obeyed and moved, today he is everywhere with out stress.

Who is directing the affairs of your life friend?

If you want to make it through God, then follow God and do what he says, if you don't, then be on your own. stain your hands.

Don't mix God with giving and taking bribes, Cheating and cutting corners. lying and stealing, hoping He will lower his standards for you because you go to church.

He is no respecter of persons.

Set your priorities right.

Discover your gift, sow in it.

Do not look down on your talent.

Do not compare yourself with some one else, you are unique.

Do not aspire to be like some one else, your destiny is different.

Everyone most not be a millionaire.

If God makes you a Millionaire it's because he has seen that, when he needs that money, you will release it and won't hold it back.

Work hard, don't be lazy and slothful.

Be diligent, God hates lazy people.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 10:55pm On May 03, 2017
macof:

Who assigns attitude?

In exodus, this ur god made Pharaoh stubborn, by 'hardening his heart'. And after all he creates all things eh?

Why didn't this god create Esau with the right attitude?

Do you want a discussion or you want to malign? I don't have time for foolishness.

When you want a discussion let me know.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by ichuka(m): 11:33pm On May 03, 2017
Gen33:1
Jacob looked up and there was Esau, coming with his four hundred men;
Somebody who's in charge of 400 MEN must be very rich.

Gen31:41
Yes, for twenty years I slaved in your house! I worked for fourteen years earning your two daughters, and then six more years for your flock. And you changed my wages ten times!
My brother Jacob worked for everything he had.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 1:10am On May 04, 2017
ichuka:
Gen33:1
Jacob looked up and there was Esau, coming with his four hundred men;
Somebody who's in charge of 400 MEN must be very rich.

Gen31:41
Yes, for twenty years I slaved in your house! I worked for fourteen years earning your two daughters, and then six more years for your flock. And you changed my wages ten times!
My brother Jacob worked for everything he had.
He worked very hard under the hash whether. And, he was severely cheated. What he did to his brother Esau was reciprocated to him. He was sub changed 10times.

Esau was never poor at all. They all worked hard to acquire material wealth. Jacob never ruled over Esau materially. Jacob's Descendants only became Kings, Prophets and Priests and later, Jesus came forth through them,.that's all.

If anyone works hard, he/she will be good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by darlingtonNYIG(m): 5:29am On May 04, 2017
analice107:

Hqe worked very hard under the hash whether. And, he was severely cheated. What he did to his brother Esau was reciprocated to him. He was sub changed 10times.

Esau was never poor at all. They all worked hard to acquire material wealth. Jacob never ruled over Esau materially. Jacob's Descendants only became Kings, Prophets and Priests and later, Jesus came forth through them,.that's all.

you are really making points but my questions still goes towards a predetermined future. Someone mentioned the point of God knowing each persons strength and weakness but is he not the one that assign the strength and weakness? Why should an unborn child's inheritance be determined by his anticipated attitude?

1 Like

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 8:34am On May 04, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:
you are really making points but my questions still goes towards a predetermined future. Someone mentioned the point of God knowing each persons strength and weakness but is he not the one that assign the strength and weakness? Why should an unborn child's inheritance be determined by his anticipated attitude?
But he gives different talents according to our strength nah.

What you can't handle, he won't give to you. But what if you fail to discover your area of strength and you followed someone else becos you saw him flying? You fail then turn around and blame God.

God knows us all.

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Isaiah:29: 11-12.

Discovering your vision/calling in life doesn't come by whether you are educated or not. If you don't engage the Holy Spirit, these things will remain sealed to you.

When God calls you to sell Pure water, He has a reason why he wants you to sell Pure, don't despise it. He will use that pure water to reach out to others in time of need and you will be nourished from it too. But, what if you rebel and say, "How can a whole me sell Pure water?". You forget that, the sellers of pure water are the owners of Bottle water everywhere.

Diecover what he wants you to do and do it. Disabuse your mind from all the ignorant people are saying.

If you toe this path, you'd end up angry and bitter against God, you'd be the one to get hurt not Him.

If he gave you 1 talent, its because he has seen your strength and ability to manage and replicate that 1 and when you succeed in replicating that 1, your job here is done.

The problem is, we are bent on being others instead of ourselves.

Be yourself.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by macof(m): 9:47pm On May 04, 2017
analice107:

Do you want a discussion or you want to malign? I don't have time for foolishness.

When you want a discussion let me know.
of course I want a discussion. Now address my post
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 11:29pm On May 04, 2017
macof:
of course I want a discussion. Now address my post
Or else?
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by macof(m): 12:11am On May 05, 2017
analice107:

Or else?
I thought you had all the answers it is obvious you have no idea how to deal with the op's query
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 11:35am On May 05, 2017
macof:
I thought you had all the answers it is obvious you have no idea how to deal with the op's query
You thought i have all the answers, i didn't say i do. But, thank you for thinking so highly of me.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by macof(m): 12:15am On May 06, 2017
analice107:

You thought i have all the answers, i didn't say i do. But, thank you for thinking so highly of me.
what then did you mean by asking if i want a discussion
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 6:27pm On May 06, 2017
macof:
what then did you mean by asking if i want a discussion
You primarily malign, so i won't give you the honour.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by ichuka(m): 10:51pm On May 06, 2017
analice107:

He worked very hard under the hash whether. And, he was severely cheated. What he did to his brother Esau was reciprocated to him. He was sub changed 10times.

You are correct.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by macof(m): 12:15am On May 07, 2017
analice107:

You primarily malign, so i won't give you the honour.
if at all you care about the issue the op raised you would not leave my post unaddressed

1 Like

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by iamdrfresh: 3:42am On May 07, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:

My questions now are;

a lot of people would try so hard to defend it but the truth is He's biased at times... Right from the womb, he knew what Esau would become(or perhaps he orchestrated it).
maybe WAP is right... We're nothing but pencils in his hand. Whatever He wills, He does and I suppose nothing happens without his permission!
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by iamdrfresh: 3:45am On May 07, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:

I tell you He is a God that creates some weak, some Strong even tho many would disagree with this because He told them in his word that He's good and everything He creates is good.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 1:15pm On May 07, 2017
macof:
if at all you care about the issue the op raised you would not leave my post unaddressed

I have no problem addressing the issue the Op raised. In fact, i have done that. Read my posts. But, what am not interested in addressing is you, that's becos you started on a wrong footing.

You do not insult my Father and still expect me to have a discussion with you. Don't you have respect?

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalm:1:1.

You are a scoffer and you are scornful, for this reason, i will not join words with you.

If you want us to talk keep your arrogance off and then we can talk. Remember we must not agree, but that doesn't mean we can't chat.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 1:24pm On May 07, 2017
iamdrfresh:

a lot of people would try so hard to defend it but the truth is He's biased at times... Right from the womb, he knew what Esau would become(or perhaps he orchestrated it).
maybe WAP is right... We're nothing but pencils in his hand. Whatever He wills, He does and I suppose nothing happens without his permission!
You mean if God gives you 5 talents to multiply seeing you have what it takes to do so, and gives me 1 according to my capacity, He is baize?

Would i have wished he gave me 5 talents just like he did you but i end up breaking under the yoke of it?

Most people don't even discover their mission on earth, some discover but doesn't go half way to fulling it.

Which will you prefer, receive a grievous work load and leave it undone or receive what you can carry and do it?

The main issue here is misplaced priorities. Get your perspective and priorities right, and you'd get everything right.

We do not have the same assignments. locate yours and prosper in it.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by iamdrfresh: 8:00am On May 08, 2017
analice107:

You mean if God gives you 5 talents to multiply seeing you have what it takes to do so, and gives me 1 according to my capacity, He is baize?

Would i have wished he gave me 5 talents just like he did you but i end up breaking under the yoke of it?

Most people don't even discover their mission on earth, some discover but doesn't go half way to fulling it.

Which will you prefer, receive a grievous work load and leave it undone or receive what you can carry and do it?

The main issue here is misplaced priorities. Get your perspective and priorities right, and you'd get everything right.

We do not have the same assignments. locate yours and prosper in it.

I understand where you're coming from but my point is everything is predetermined...He, being d alpha and d omega, already knew that guy would not use his 1talent but decided to give him still. Right from d womb, he ordained Jeremiah a prophet.. He wasn't left with much of a choice tho.
Whether I'd fulfill my assignment or not, he already knows.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by analice107: 9:53am On May 08, 2017
iamdrfresh:

I understand where you're coming from but my point is everything is predetermined...He, being d alpha and d omega, already knew that guy would not use his 1talent but decided to give him still. Right from d womb, he ordained Jeremiah a prophet.. He wasn't left with much of a choice tho.
Whether I'd fulfill my assignment or not, he already knows.
So, since he already knows your end, you'd better done nothing about it right?

Op, what is your grievance? You sound bitter.

Listen, our attitudes matters in life. God is not responsible for our bad manners and negative attitudes towards life.

With everything Joseph suffered, his attitude kept him alive until the end. He didn't go laying blames and getting angry and bitter against God and his brothers.

The choice is in your hands, why not rise up and take your life seriously? You want to lay blames on God, but take no responsibilities.
But, if you believe God knows whether you'll fail or succeed in life, so won't work to become anything in life, okay then. lie down, don't do anything. Sleep and enjoy your rest.

There are three forces involved in your life.

1. God.
2. You.
3. The adversary.

God: God wants your good, whatever he has given to you is for your profiting, but if you "choose" to rebel, He won't force you. He has created you Free, Choose to obey or disobey. Choose to do good or evil, its your choice. You'll ultimately reap what you sow.

You: You have a choice to make in life.

The Bible in Luke 8:11-15.

Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Those by the way side are they that hear the Word of God; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

What kind of Seed are you? The Wayside Seed, The RockySeed, the StonySeed or the GoodgroundSeed?

Choose ye this day whom you'd serve. If you know you can't do it by God, then choose satan by all means. The choice is open.

The Adversary: The adversary knows you better than you know yourself. He has attached himself to your family from day one. He knows your destiny too, he would rather you remain down and poor blaming God for your woes than rising up to work and take your life in your hands.

He will hinder your growth, fight to keep anyone who can help you succeed in life away from you, except you consciously do something about it.

He will corrupt your harvest, he will make your efforts fruitless, but all the while turns your gaze against God. You'd never know he is there, that's becos he hides. He will have you deny his existence, he will have you get angry at God even when you know it's your own fault.

He'll turn your focus towards fellow humans, who are victims themselves. All your laziness and failure, will be the fault of witches and wizards, but never yours.

He will never make you see that you are on a wrong path, doing the wrong things. He will never make you see that you are a sinner and that Sin is a limitation.

He will push you to live a life of rebellion, without telling you that, when you do that, you set yourself up against the Lord of the Earth.

For Adam's Sins, the ground was cursed. For Eve's sin, Childbirth became laborious.

Adam's sins made the earth to revolt and refuse to give her adequate increase.

Satan won't let you know that working in Pride which brings in the fruits like, anger, bitterness, jealousy. haughtiness, malice, laziness, slothfulness, strive, stubbornness, aggression, stealing, lying, cheating, bribery to pervert justice, sexual immorality, temperament will destroy your life ultimately.

He will make you feel comfortable living with these vises in his domain, when the Word gets to you, he'll release guilt in you. He tell you how worthless you are, how God will never forgive a worthless sinner like you.

He will suggest suicide as the only way out.

But, how did it start? Your Will Power and the Power of Choice. You gave in to his voice of doubt and unbelief against God.

Well, i know you'd still say, God knew that all these will happen so should have stopped it.

To whom you yield your members to, you become servants to obey. If you yield to God, you'd become a servant of God, but if you yield to satan, you'd become his servant to obey him.
Romans 6:16.

Am done going back and forth on this.

Choose what you want to believe and stand by it, but be ready to enjoy it's fruits, for harvest time is eminent.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by orunto27: 4:08pm On May 08, 2017
God is not partial. He does His Will.
Re: Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story by Willzz(m): 4:28pm On May 08, 2017
@analice107, Am no fan of religion but I do believe in the Creator and that He has placed everything needed by us to be successful inside of us.
Anyways, your comments are amazing and inspiring. may the wisdom and knowledge of God, the Creator continue to grow in you..
Shalom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens - Sacrificial But Profitable / Will Atheist Go To Hell / Stop Arguing With Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.