Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States (9870 Views)

How The 36 States Got Their Names In Nigeria / WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT / LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by Pavore9: 6:06am On May 06, 2017
Onyenna:

Kebbi, Sokoto, Taraba and Yobe all have this weird view that females shouldn't be in school....

Kudos to Zamfara for really pushing their Girls to achieve something in life.....

BTW: The Cutoff marks? Bullsh!t!!
This still shows the Leaders up North(and their teachers) ain't doing enough to improve and inspire those kids there....SHAME!!!

Rather, it shows girls from Kebbi, Sokoto, Taraba and Yobe are more brilliant than their boys.
Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by Onyenna(m): 10:02am On May 06, 2017
Pavore9:

Rather, it shows girls from Kebbi, Sokoto, Taraba and Yobe are more brilliant than their boys.

Wow....that's another way to put it..... Nice one
Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by mfm04622: 11:53am On May 06, 2017
Pavore9:

But has it achieved the purpose? Is it not rewarding the ineptitude of education managers in the North even after many decades of being tagged "educationally disadvantaged'?

It didn't. So we have two options. Either we scrap unity schools or tweak it to work. One way to do that is to ensure nobody is admitted into a school that is in his or her region of origin or where he or she lives.
The North is not gaining ANYTHING by being labelled "educationally disadvantaged". Go to schools in the North and Igbo and Yoruba students are as many if not more than Northerners. And Northerners don't school in the South. In addition, being from educationally disadvantage state do not lower criteria required to get in civil service. So what advantage are they getting?
Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by Pavore9: 12:02pm On May 06, 2017
mfm04622:

It didn't. So we have two options. Either we scrap unity schools or tweak it to work. One way to do that is to ensure nobody is admitted into a school that is in his or her region of origin or where he or she lives.
The North is not gaining ANYTHING by being labelled "educationally disadvantaged". Go to schools in the North and Igbo and Yoruba students are as many if not more than Northerners. And Northerners don't school in the South. In addition, being from educationally disadvantage state do not lower criteria required to get in civil service. So what advantage are they getting?

Lest I forget, I sent you a mail almost 2 weeks ago but never got a reply.
Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by mfm04622: 12:23pm On May 06, 2017
Pavore9:

Didn't see it. Can you please resend.

Thank you
Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by Pavore9: 12:32pm On May 06, 2017
mfm04622:

Didn't see it. Can you please resend.

Thank you

Just resent to your Yahoo mail account.
Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by mfm04622: 12:46pm On May 06, 2017
Pavore9:

I saw the mail and I responded. Just saw it now. Hope it is not too late.
Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 06, 2017
Blue3k:

Thanks for explaining that point about the scores. Those low cut of scores are terrible I agree they ought to do a better job preparing the kids through high school. I only argue that SE has highest cut of scores but they don't have the highest ranked universities in country. I put a top 20 list in initial post.
Higher ranking is all about research and development, which are no fault of theirs, cos money and infrastructure are involved. So, 4get abou d ranking. It's useless ranking. All of them are d same infrastructures and are well funded by d govt.
Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by Pavore9: 1:04pm On May 06, 2017
mfm04622:

I saw the mail and I responded. Just saw it now. Hope it is not too late.

Have replied.
Re: Cut-off Marks For Entrance To Federal Government Colleges For All 36 States by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 06, 2017
Reinvented:

Can you just imagine this

Kebbi – Male (9) Female (20)
Sokoto – Male (9) Female (13)
Taraba – Male (3) Female (11)
Yobe – Male (2) Female (27)
Zamfara -- Male (4) Female (2)

Who says Nigeria is a not huge JOKE
2!!! Chai my country grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

BUA Founder, Abdul Samad Rabiu Donates ₦200 Million To Sokoto University / The Federal Polytechnic Ede Post-ume Scrach Card Is Out / Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.