Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,448 members, 7,846,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Say Yes To True Federalism! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Yes To True Federalism! (382 Views)

APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring / Tinubu Calls For True Federalism / True Federalism Is The Answer To Nigeria's Problems : Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Yes To True Federalism! by mekusboy4all(m): 2:16pm On May 04, 2017
I STAND FOR TRUE FEDERALISM!! Many of us especially the igbos thinks that secession is the right approach to our problems as a nation. Think again. I know most of us are not happy because of the absolute power the northerners have. Rather than seceding, we should agitate for true federalism which will end majority of our differences. 3rd of may 2017 will mark the third time in a row president muhammadu buhari was absent at the Federal Executive Council Meeting and most of Nigerians are wondering if really the president is alive or in a vegetative state. Some are also wondering if really the president is in control or some unknown cabals. For the last 18 months, we have been getting funny stories from this present government on how they are not able to fulfill the promises they made to Nigerians. This is the same folktale stories we have been hearing since the year 1999. Many of us are getting tired. Our economy have experience the worst scenario ever since the 1st republic, killings and terrorist attacks everywhere. Let's don't talk about the corrupt practices that has eaten up the very foundation of this country. Yes, those agitating for secession have a reason for saying that. However, let's take a look at the bigger picture. Can we really seceded in our current situation? With all these hate and corruption? With the northern in power? No! And bet me, war is not the answer either. The answer the 'True Federalism'. With True federalism, the absolute powers at the center will be dissolved, states will be independent and resources will be managed by the states, there will be a state police where indigenes of the state will police the affairs of their state, there will be both state and federal laws in a state so that there will be peace and respect. The advantages are numerous. I think is time we stand for what's right for us, our people and children. # I_STAND_WITH_TRUE_FEDERALISM written by Nnaemeka Ekele
Re: Say Yes To True Federalism! by OreMI22: 12:44am On May 05, 2017
We gon have to fight for this bloody zoo.

Nigerians must take back their country from slave masters

1 Like

Re: Say Yes To True Federalism! by deedeedee1: 2:41am On May 05, 2017
Federalism will change nothing. Total disintegration is best!!!

1 Like

Re: Say Yes To True Federalism! by kingzizzy: 5:55am On May 05, 2017
All these people shouting true federalism, if you ask them how they intend to get it, nobody will be able to say anything.

(1) (Reply)

Dr.orji Uzor Kalu Meets With Chinese Ambasador To Nigeria. / Southern Kaduna Killers Will Face God’s Wrath, Says Emir / Buhari Leaves For London For Another Medical Check Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.