Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify (34987 Views)

FG Increases Abuja-kaduna Train Fares By 100% / Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by cytell56: 7:29pm On May 04, 2017
rodeo0070:
In response to the latest price rate reduction by Taxify, Uber announced a 40% reduction in Lagos rates effective from Thursday 4th May 2017. This means you can travel for business or explore your city for less than ever before.

In a statement released, the management said, “We want to make sure that Uber is an affordable way to move around your city, so we’re dropping rates in Lagos by 40% from Thursday 4th May 2017. Therefore you can now request a high-quality ride for the same price as small chops!” Whether you’re running a quick errand, visiting friends or commuting to work, Uber has got you covered for less.

In addition to this, the management stated that decreasing the fares should get more people requesting more rides with Uber, which leads to drivers spending more time with paying riders and standing a chance to earn the same or more. We aren’t asking drivers to just take our word for it, we are providing temporary earning guarantees until it is clear that this will be the case. These earning guarantees help to ensure driver-partners, who put in the time, don’t lose out. So get riding with Uber and experience the same rides but now at a more affordable price.

Check out these awesome sample fares:

Sample Locations Old uberX New uberX

* Magodo to Gbagada From N1,100 From N600
* Yaba to Ilupeju From N1,300 From N800
* Surulere to Ikeja From N2,000 From N1,200

Read more: https://brandspurng.com/uber-fires-back-slashes-lagos-fares-by-40/
What are you writing? From N1,100 From N600, or from N1,100 to N600
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by venex(f): 7:30pm On May 04, 2017
Good news Lagosians, @Taxify_ng has lowered its ride rates in Lagos to be more affordable Read to know why!! https:///pn6JVH

chronique:

As in eh, that their surge language is what I don't understand. I once spent 8,700 from egbeda to Abraham adesanya(lekki),and spent 6,500 on the return journey on the same trip, totalling roughly 16k. The thing wey pain me pass be say the babe wey I go see nor even make the trip worthwhile(giving me silly attitude). At the end of the day, I had to remind myself that it's my blood I'm using to work for the money and I have not been using them as often as I used to. The most painful one was a trip from Ikeja to Marina that cost 6k plus... I haven't tried this taxify though.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by DisGuy: 8:56pm On May 04, 2017
cytell56:

What are you writing? From N1,100 From N600, or from N1,100 to N600

mean previous price starts from...1100

new rate starts from 600

the prices are not fixed..depends on time, mileage., surges

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by pat1612(m): 9:23pm On May 04, 2017
Its simple business concept make loss for some time and let competitors too make loss... its just who survive like its said survival of fitest easy taxy gone red cab gone and many more once they are out of business is uber back to business grin

That is what i am doing too strategy for long run grin
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by montelota: 10:06pm On May 04, 2017
I'm about to purchase a car & drive myself on this uber & taxify platforms but the new pricing news is really demoralizing .....please an experience person(s) in the field should advice if this move will really boost patronage?.

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Henri8: 10:40pm On May 04, 2017
NelsonNeo:
Good one. Dstv shd do same
Till when they have serious competition.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by eluquenson(m): 10:50pm On May 04, 2017
montelota:
I'm about to purchase a car & drive myself on this uber & taxify platforms but the new pricing news is really demoralizing .....please an experience person(s) in the field should advice if this move will really boost patronage?.
You can purchase your car, it's yours till you resell. I just bought a Toyota Camry 2005 this week Monday for same purpose,but with this new development I am yet to reach a decision but I believe they will review their fares soonest.

They I'll lose investors(partners) cos the partners and the driver bear all the expenses of the vehicles, car spare parts are very costly now in the country.

I am still optimistic they will review the fare.

3 Likes

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by logica(m): 11:29pm On May 04, 2017
GenBuhari:
Go with Taxify if it is a Nigerian app even if it is more expensive.

Seem Uber is trying to kill off competition and Uber drivers would bear the brunt of losses for a any unsustainable price reduction since the driver carries all the investment and overhead.

Let Uber drivers move to Taxify and as a Nigerian app (I assume), profits will be re-injected into our economy, whereas Uber's profit is moved out of Nigeria.

This seeing the bigger picture.
Unfortunately, Taxify is from Estonia. It shouldn't take a group of 3 Nigerian developers more than a month to develop a similar app.

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nobody: 12:29am On May 05, 2017
I was just thinking about this a few hours ago. The creating an app is easy, but being competitive as well as profitable is the challenge when Uber is only making money by trapping huge number of drivers in a bad business investment.

Uber is big enough to lure many drivers into joining, a new Nigerian start up would need to have some big investors with deep pockets to be competitive when Uber decides to intensify its price war in the taxi industry. Uber has billions of dollars so can purposely operate on a loss for months or years in order to kill off competition and dominate the industry.

A Nigerian start up would probably be better of not trying to compete on price, but build value.
logica:
Unfortunately, Taxify is from Estonia. It shouldn't take a group of 3 Nigerian developers more than a month to develop a similar app.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by oyienootieno: 6:53am On May 05, 2017
NelsonNeo:
Good one. Dstv shd do same

As for DSTV i think it is long overdue. The govt should allow competition else we will continue to wail till eternity.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by oyienootieno: 7:02am On May 05, 2017
uyplus:
And they expect partners with high end cars to keep their cars running on the uber platform at a ridiculously low price? Have they thought about cost of maintanance of these vehicles and the financial burden on the partner? I since withdrew 3 out of my 5 cars on Uber. My drivers once told me that some even riders look down on 1 of my cars which is a toyota yaris, as if they can even afford 1 sef. Uber is dead in Abuja..

Also considering to withdraw 2 of my camry.. but the problem now is what do i do with them? And i have 2 brothers waiting to flex them all in the name of family.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by princecemo(m): 7:12am On May 05, 2017
I am a partner, Uber did not listen to us they only did dia bcoa of taxify. I just withdrew 1 out of my four cars from Uber yesterday. The oda 3 will be out of Uber Di's week cos all my drivers are unhappy. Uber will eventually loose on the long run
andybee:
Competition is good. I am sure Uber/Taxify would have worked it out with their drivers. It is not a decision to be taken arbitrarily.

Let's see where the price war leads.

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by baslone: 12:30pm On May 05, 2017
nairaman66:
Saw this coming! But it is too late, UBER went greedy along the line! Their charges are astronomical! Charging over N2,000 from Chevron drive to "The Place" at Phase 1, what rubbish!! Then they brought a stupid language called SURGE to even double your fares!! They are criminals!! Good thing TAXIFY came along!! grin grin grin

You are lucky sef.

I paid N3,100 from 3rd round about to Chevron drive last week.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by nairaman66(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2017
baslone:

You are lucky sef.

Lol! That's extortion!
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by baslone: 12:36pm On May 05, 2017
nairaman66:

Lol! That's extortion!

I don't know why they still use range and estimates to calculate fares for us down here, unless maybe my APP is malfunctioning.

In the U.S, the app tells you the exact amount you will pay- it's left to you to accept it or not. Even if the Uber spends 4hours on a 30 minutes trip, its none of your business- your fare won't change.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by nairaman66(m): 12:43pm On May 05, 2017
baslone:

You are lucky sef.

Lol! That's extortion! Sorry oo
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by nairaman66(m): 12:46pm On May 05, 2017
baslone:

I don't know why they still use range and estimates to calculate fares for us down here, unless maybe my APP is malfunctioning.

In the U.S, the app tells you the exact amount you will pay- it's left to you to accept it or not. Even if the Uber spends 4hours on a 30 minutes trip, its none of your business- your fare won't change.

This is where the African mentality plays in! The people over here are so greedy that they could do everything!

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Souljaboi1: 10:41am On May 09, 2017
rodeo0070:
Price war! Consumer wins...

Taxify Reduces Rates In A Bid To Snap Up Customers From Uber

https://brandspurng.com/taxify-reduces-rates-in-a-bid-to-snap-up-customers-from-uber/

Sadly, drivers are at the losing end.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Honeylahrah: 4:54pm On May 12, 2017
GenBuhari:
Go with Taxify if it is a Nigerian app even if it is more expensive.

Seem Uber is trying to kill off competition and Uber drivers would bear the brunt of losses for a any unsustainable price reduction since the driver carries all the investment and overhead.

Let Uber drivers move to Taxify and as a Nigerian app (I assume), profits will be re-injected into our economy, whereas Uber's profit is moved out of Nigeria.
This seeing the bigger picture.

Only few can see this picture..
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by ideh01(f): 6:01pm On May 12, 2017
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by ideh01(f): 6:05pm On May 12, 2017
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Wysiwyg: 10:40am On May 15, 2017
oyienootieno:

Also considering to withdraw 2 of my camry.. but the problem now is what do i do with them? And i have 2 brothers waiting to flex them all in the name of family.

Lololol...Epic!

Edit: You could consider selling one to me. Model year?
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by oyienootieno: 7:29pm On May 15, 2017
Wysiwyg:

Lololol...Epic!

Edit: You could consider selling one to me. Model year?

Red is 09 and the white is 2010. Sorry bro am not selling.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by lurdkriss: 6:54pm On May 18, 2017
montelota:
Bros I wld advice u hold ur cash for now,
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by lurdkriss: 7:02pm On May 18, 2017
The business don cast, spending 5k fuel to make 8k,it's not worth it at all, I wld advice anyone wiling to go into d business to Jez hold on, all these price reductions will not be sustainable at the long run,partner will soon start to pull out their cars cus they will end up spending soo much to get very little.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Nelton(m): 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
oyienootieno:

There is no need to withdraw them, you can put them up on other platforms such as taxify and ogataxi and have a driver that can use all the app such that if taxify does not have a customers ogataxi may have
That way you dont lose out entirely
Just in case you need a driver please reach me on kettegservices@gmail.com. 07051132330

1 Like

Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Novaa: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
I am a newly certified uber driver in need of a ready partner to work with. Very sincere and always ready for work. My Number is 07035575974.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Cobbrottie(m): 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
Novaa:
I am a newly certified uber driver in need of a ready partner to work with. Very sincere and always ready for work. My Number is 07035575974.
Call 08125286640 if you're serious.
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by scarr: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2017
uyplus:
And they expect partners with high end cars to keep their cars running on the uber platform at a ridiculously low price? Have they thought about cost of maintanance of these vehicles and the financial burden on the partner? I since withdrew 3 out of my 5 cars on Uber. My drivers once told me that some even riders look down on 1 of my cars which is a toyota yaris, as if they can even afford 1 sef. Uber is dead in Abuja..
Good day sir, sorry if this might come as rude or offensive.
Per adventure you are willing to sell your yaris in Abuja, kindly inform me.
I need one
Merci
Re: Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify by Eminimi: 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hello anyone traveling to Abuja from Lagos? Ride wit me on Thursday 15th august 17

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) / Please Help: How Can I Track My Uk Visa Application - Applicant Status / Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.