Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

CBN Dismisses Media Report On Lifting Of Forex Restriction Ban - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CBN Dismisses Media Report On Lifting Of Forex Restriction Ban (498 Views)

Woman Too Ugly To Be Raped: Court In Italy Dismisses Rape Case / More Than £40,000 Raised For Woman Fired For Lifting Middle Finger To President / Gambian President-Elect, Adama Barrow Is Dead - Cbn-Tv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Dismisses Media Report On Lifting Of Forex Restriction Ban by midfinger(m): 11:50pm On May 04, 2017
BREAKING: Forex Restriction On 41 Items Yet To Be Lifted − CBN - PUNCH
MAY 04, 2017
BY Ifeanyi Onuba, Abuja

GET INSTANT UPDATES WITH ABOKIFX APP LINKS BELOW

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.Abokifx&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/abokifx/id1205477397?mt=8

The Central Bank of Nigeria on Thursday said it had yet to lift the foreign exchange restriction placed on the importation of the 41 items earlier banned from accessing forex in the interbank market.

There had been media reports which had suggested that the apex bank had lifted the restriction through a circular.

But the CBN in a statement issued by its Acting Director, Corporate Communications Department, Isaac Okorafor, said the report was untrue as no such decision had been taken.

The statement reads in part, “The attention of the Central Bank of Nigeria has been drawn to a report by a news agency to the effect that the CBN has reversed part of its policy on the non-eligibility of some import items for forex sale on the interbank forex market.

“We wish to state that the report and its interpretations are wrong.

“The CBN has not reversed it policy on the ineligibility of the 41 items for forex sale through the interbank forex market.”

The statement said the media report is a misinterpretation of its revised circular on documentation requirements for allocation of foreign exchange for small-scale importation dated May 4,2017.

The circular had stated that importers of items classified as “Not valid for Forex” with transactions value of $20,000 and below per quarter shall now qualify for allocation of foreign exchange subject to the completion of form Q.”

The CBN said this provision does not refer to the 41 items that remain ineligible for forex sale in the internal market.
https://abokifx.com/news/breaking-forex-restriction-on-41-items-yet-to-be-lifted-cbn-punch
Re: CBN Dismisses Media Report On Lifting Of Forex Restriction Ban by Epositive(m): 11:58pm On May 04, 2017
CBN self don confuse
Re: CBN Dismisses Media Report On Lifting Of Forex Restriction Ban by micfoley: 12:34am On May 05, 2017
I for talk o
Re: CBN Dismisses Media Report On Lifting Of Forex Restriction Ban by SODEXSKI(m): 1:04am On May 05, 2017
cool cool
Re: CBN Dismisses Media Report On Lifting Of Forex Restriction Ban by dikeigbo2(m): 1:37am On May 05, 2017
Johnmarcos62:

Hello everyone .I want to quickly drop my life stories on how a specialize-healer called DR Clifford cure me from HIV .A great man who have the root and herbs to all kind of deadly disease.i was infected with HIV disease by a man called Fred. I never stop blame my self for falling in love with him .i never think HIV can be cure with the medication doctor Clifford send to me until I was cure ,I saw his email on you-tube by a patient he have cure from herpes called FLORENCE which drop the email and phone contact of him that make me get cure by contacting him.i really thank FLORENCE for sharing her testimony on how she was cure. When I contact him.he prepare the herbal medication for my HIV cure and also send it to me in UK via DHL, that get me cure within two weeks I use it.i will still drop is address for you E-MAIL drcliffordsolutioncenter62@gmail.com So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. Clifford on drcliffordsolutioncenter62@gmail.com or call him +2348105049840. sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friend!!

Must you infest every thread with your advertisements.....you just registered yesterday solely for it abi?
Re: CBN Dismisses Media Report On Lifting Of Forex Restriction Ban by mykelmeezy: 2:14am On May 05, 2017
dikeigbo2:

Must you infest every thread with your advertisements.....you just registered yesterday solely for it abi?

nomind the fellow

be like say im need 6 years ban

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Hates Speech,i Smell An Impending War / Sierra Leone 2018: Why APC Candidate Was Unveiled In Nigeria / Who Use To Dress Donal Trump Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.