Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo (18544 Views)

BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Sets Up Committee To Probe Ambode / Senate Sets Up Committee To Investigate Senator Abbo / Bill Gates' Buhari Economic Blueprint Statement: Ben Bruce, Reno Omokri React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by murphyibiam15(m): 7:55am On May 05, 2017
By Emeka Mamah

Enugu — Ohanaeze Ndigbo has set up a committee to develop an economic blue-print for the South-East, its President-General, Chief Nnia Nwodo, has said.

Nwodo said: “The Planning and Strategy Committee, headed by former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, with Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa as deputy and Ferdinand Agu, will design an economic road map for Ndigbo. It is a rapid response to our new call on our people to develop a spirit of self-reliance.”

Nwodo, who spoke in Enugu, said the economic agenda would “be our home grown effort to initiate practical development models, powered by the private sector and specifically directed in the first place to production, commerce and education.”

He, however, commended the governors of Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Delta, Imo and Rivers states for their development efforts.

His words: “Commendable developments are noticeable in our states. Anambra has launched a new joint venture in building an international cargo and passenger airport with a proximate new city.

“Ebonyi and Enugu have had useful meetings with the Federal Ministry of Mines with a view to reactivating Nkalagu Cement and Enugu Coal Corporation.

“Imo is building a gas plant in Egbema. Abia is partnering with an international consortium in developing a new sea port at Obeaku.

“Rivers is developing a new Port Harcourt city with an industrial layout. Delta has embarked on a massive urban infrastructural renewal scheme. There is, in our view, a rekindling of the determination to take our destiny into our own hands.

“On the part of Ohanaeze, we have set up two important working committees including the Planning and Strategy Committee and a Construction Review Committee with James Ikeyi, SAN, as chairman.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/ohanaeze-sets-cttee-design-economic-blueprint-ndigbo/

23 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Schematics: 8:00am On May 05, 2017
Good job

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by BLINGZ88: 8:01am On May 05, 2017
on behalf of all the igbo all over the world, I would like to tell these ohaneze to STFU

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by inourcare: 8:11am On May 05, 2017
On The Move.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Nobody: 8:11am On May 05, 2017
Ohanaeze under Nwodo leadership.. aburo si ndia na eze.

nice one.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Igboesika: 8:21am On May 05, 2017
God bless Igbo nation.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by SIRmanjar(m): 8:26am On May 05, 2017
Ohaneze am not ibo but I have an idea when implemented will attract foreigners to your region.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by amazingspiderma: 8:30am On May 05, 2017
na so..

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by CarlosTheJackal: 8:47am On May 05, 2017
BLINGZ88:
on behalf of all the igbo all over the world, I would like to tell these ohaneze to STFU
Tell us why you think any Igbo man is part of your folly

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Greatigbos(f): 8:48am On May 05, 2017
Good

DAT is wat dey suppose to b doing not making noise upandan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by BLINGZ88: 9:24am On May 05, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
Tell us why you think any Igbo man is part of your folly
what have ohaneze done since it's creation to matter?. they all want political appointment and other things that will benefit them solely. they can't sand by a code, always flip flopping with issues.
what did they do to support nnamdi Kanu. Who was held for no just cause. they are just there to support the ruling party and not support changes that matter.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Amarabae(f): 9:32am On May 05, 2017
BLINGZ88:
what have ohaneze done since it's creation to matter?. they all want political appointment and other things that will benefit them solely. they can't sand by a code, always flip flopping with issues.
what did they do to support nnamdi Kanu. Who was held for no just cause. they are just there to support the ruling party and not support changes that matter.
and why must they support nnamdi kanu ipob?
Ohanaeze speaks for the Igbo nation because its a sociocultural organisation.
Ipob is a seccessionist organisation.
they are different.
and what kind of stupid code do you want them to stand? Ipob code?
have a sit pls.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by legitnow: 9:35am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

they are different.
have a sit pls.

Simple, becos Nigeria is very unstable and can collapse at any given time.

IPOB is very popular and as such carries the mandate of Ndiigbo. IPOB can head deep into Port Harcourt unchallenged, which other group can attain such fit? Ohanaeze no dey fear? All south east Gov and Senator better fall in line with Nnamdi just in case the zoo collapse, otherwise they will have a very big problem on their hands.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Amarabae(f): 9:43am On May 05, 2017
legitnow:

Simple, becos Nigeria is very unstable and can collapse at any given time.

IPOB is very popular and as such carries the mandate of Ndiigbo. IPOB can head deep into Port Harcourt unchallenged, which other group can attain such fit? Ohanaeze no dey fear? All south east Gov and Senator better fall in line with Nnamdi just in case the zoo collapse, otherwise they will have a very big problem on their hands.
Nonsense,Nnamdi Kanu carrying Igbo mandate? And what is the Igbo mandate if i may ask

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Greatigbos(f): 9:45am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

Nonsense,Nnamdi Kanu carrying Igbo mandate? And what is the Igbo mandate if i may ask
Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Greatigbos(f): 9:46am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

they are different.
have a sit pls.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by legitnow: 9:51am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

My sister, mandate is popular consensus. Nobody can dispute the huge support and approval that Nnamdi is getting from both the SE and SS.

it is unprecedented.

16 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by CarlosTheJackal: 9:54am On May 05, 2017
BLINGZ88:
Sorry you are wrong. Nwodo Ohaneze is different from all those Ohaneze before this

18 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Amarabae(f): 9:55am On May 05, 2017
legitnow:

My sister, mandate is popular consensus. Nobody can dispute the huge support and approval that Nnamdi is getting from both the SE and SS.

it is unprecedented.
You are trying to dodge my question, I ask you again,what is the Igbo mandate that you say nnamdi kanu is carrying?

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by CarlosTheJackal: 9:57am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

Most of these Igbos now act like OMATA guys

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by legitnow: 10:04am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

You are trying to dodge my question, I ask you again,what is the Igbo mandate that you say nnamdi kanu is carrying?

Mandate is to "give (someone) authority to act in a certain way."

Power belongs to the people in democracy.

Following Nnamdi Arrest and despite military murder of protesters, people in SS/SE kept on trooping out on the street. Protest are a recognised form of political participation. Mandate can be derived from mass protest though different from those derived from referendum, and elections.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=biafra+protesters&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiDsOOlstjTAhXDBcAKHQikC30Q_AUIBygC&biw=1366&bih=662

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by BLINGZ88: 10:06am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

they are different.
have a sit pls.
is it wrong to be a secessionist organisation, I don't know much about nigetian law but it is not so in other part of the world, nnamdi Kanu being ipob is not even part of the argument, no body, I repeat, no body should be held in captive because he is not liked by the current administration and nnamdi being igbo should be the more reason nhaneze ndi IGBO should fight for him.
I never supported nnamdi kanu's method but immediately he was arrested, I pushed myself to support him because this is the 21st century everybody can say what he thinks is wrong.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by BLINGZ88: 10:09am On May 05, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
Sorry you are wrong. Nwodo Ohaneze is different from all those Ohaneze before this
is there a difference?. when ever I see them on tv, I just see old men with lion head design cloths sitting in a meeting, hoping to be recognised.
Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by khallyberry: 10:10am On May 05, 2017
I did no read dat epistle undecided
Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Amarabae(f): 10:11am On May 05, 2017
legitnow:

Mandate is to "give (someone) authority to act in a certain way."

Power belongs to the people in democracy.

Following Nnamdi Arrest and despite military murder of protesters, people in SS/SE kept on trooping out on the street. Protest are a recognised form of political participation. Mandate can be derived from mass protest though different from those derived from referendum, and elections.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=biafra+protesters&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiDsOOlstjTAhXDBcAKHQikC30Q_AUIBygC&biw=1366&bih=662
there is something you are trying to dodge!
Is Biafra the Igbo mandate you say that nnamdi kanu is carrying?

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by legitnow: 10:13am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

there is something you are trying to dodge!
Is Biafra the Igbo mandate you say that nnamdi kanu is carrying?

Define IPOB?

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Amarabae(f): 10:20am On May 05, 2017
legitnow:

Define IPOB?
That is not the answer to my question.
is Biafra the Igbo mandate you said nnamdi kanu is carrying? YES OR NO?

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by legitnow: 10:27am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

That is not the answer to my question.
is Biafra the Igbo mandate you said nnamdi kanu is carrying? YES OR NO?

Nnamdi Kanu is the Moses of our time, he is taking us to the promise land.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by Amarabae(f): 10:34am On May 05, 2017
legitnow:

Nnamdi Kanu is the moses of our time, he is taking us to the promise land.
I am done with this argument since you can't andwer a simple question.

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by legitnow: 10:37am On May 05, 2017
Amarabae:

I am done with this argument since you can't andwer a simple question.

Amarabae, i wasnt aware we were arguing nau? haba! I answered all ur question. grin
wat else do u want to hear? i already said... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by sukkot: 10:51am On May 05, 2017
wink
Re: Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo by babyfaceafrica: 10:51am On May 05, 2017
NO KANU?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lamido Of Adamawa Dumps Atiku, Endorses President Buhari (video) / Ministry Of Interior, Federal Fire Service Partner Innoson / General Otiki: Caught In The Web Of Sokoto Election Politics! By PRNigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.