Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,681 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US (50575 Views)

47-Year-Old Defiles 15-Year-Old Girl, Arrested. Says "She Aroused Me" / 20-Year-Old Lady Beats 47-Year-Old Woman To Death In Lagos During Public Fight / Kenyan Woman Arrested For Raping Boy At Police Station They Were Detained In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Ifeconwaba(m): 7:14pm On May 05, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
I don't want to be Igbo anymore!
I don tire..... It is like living with a stigma hanging over my very existence every single day!

Ndi Nairaland, what can I do sad South East is now synonymous with Crime... It is disheartening, to say the least.

you are very stupid for typing this nonsense you,
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Bofoy4(m): 7:28pm On May 05, 2017
TOTALEXCHANGER:
Life circumstances at times can make one question forces of the earth and beyond. Wealth, riches, success, protection and power are not meant for everyone but for the few who differentiate them selfs among others.
My friend if you are reading this means this is your time to become to differentiate yourself amongst others.
My name is Mr Vladimir and am here to change your current situation for the better, many at times people wonders how those who are successful and rich made it the truth is behind every wealthy man or woman there is something behind it and am here to show you how you can make it as well.
There is a powerful ring which has the ability to change even the life of a begger to a millionaire within 1-2 months, this ring can make as much as 2-10million and above depending on how bright the star of the wearer is.
The bearer of this ring has the power to make wishes, command and see it come to pass. This is the ring that great wealthy Kings and rulers of old times use to acquire wealth, riches, prosperity, success, love and protection. The ring was made by most powerful magician of then its does not involve rituals, or spells it is a combination of very rear precious stones, this is nothing like you have ever come across. Lots of rich people out there use this ring and it's what brought their fortunes to them without any effect or repercussions! This ring is safe and easy to use for both male and female.
For more enquiries please contact me if you are in Europe or America contact me via email, viber, WhatsApp or ring me directly on my mobile. No matter your destination on earth you can still have this ring I ship worldwide to any country where you reside, for more enquiry please contact me personally on: Vladimirringpower@gmail.com or +1585 5240 188
For those in Africa and Nigeria especially cause most of my customers seemed to come from there you can contact my representative Mr nhomi on +2348157021482 and he will attend to you please if you are from Africa try to talk to Mr nhomi. in order to reduce the loads on me, thank you and success!
i rebuke you in Jesus name, Amen. The Bible says that the devil came to steal and destroy ! Children of God beware of the snares of Satan. For it is written every good thing cometh from the lord . Wait for ur time brethren

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 05, 2017
mandax:

assuming: someone accuses you, a Nigerian abroad, of raping her; an offense you did not commit.

Then you have your photo splashed on the media, including NL, that you are accused of rape.

Even if you are latter acquitted of the charge and discharged, you have been dented forever, because of the photos of you earlier published and associated with rape. Does it make sense to you now?

You don't publish the photo of an accused in situations like this, until the accused is convicted by a competent court.

Come on dude, this is standard practice, mandated in certain localities and not illegal.

Post the specific law under which you'll be suing Seun for.

Not all Nairalanders are inept and can be bamboozled with alarmist theories.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Antichristus: 8:24pm On May 05, 2017
cytell56:

At your age!!! Mtchewww!!!

honey pot pumping is no respecter of age.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Antichristus: 8:26pm On May 05, 2017
TOTALEXCHANGER:
Life circumstances at times can make one question forces of the earth and beyond. Wealth, riches, success, protection and power are not meant for everyone but for the few who differentiate them selfs among others.
My friend if you are reading this means this is your time to become to differentiate yourself amongst others.
My name is Mr Vladimir and am here to change your current situation for the better, many at times people wonders how those who are successful and rich made it the truth is behind every wealthy man or woman there is something behind it and am here to show you how you can make it as well.
There is a powerful ring which has the ability to change even the life of a begger to a millionaire within 1-2 months, this ring can make as much as 2-10million and above depending on how bright the star of the wearer is.
The bearer of this ring has the power to make wishes, command and see it come to pass. This is the ring that great wealthy Kings and rulers of old times use to acquire wealth, riches, prosperity, success, love and protection. The ring was made by most powerful magician of then its does not involve rituals, or spells it is a combination of very rear precious stones, this is nothing like you have ever come across. Lots of rich people out there use this ring and it's what brought their fortunes to them without any effect or repercussions! This ring is safe and easy to use for both male and female.
For more enquiries please contact me if you are in Europe or America contact me via email, viber, WhatsApp or ring me directly on my mobile. No matter your destination on earth you can still have this ring I ship worldwide to any country where you reside, for more enquiry please contact me personally on: Vladimirringpower@gmail.com or +1585 5240 188
For those in Africa and Nigeria especially cause most of my customers seemed to come from there you can contact my representative Mr nhomi on +2348157021482 and he will attend to you please if you are from Africa try to talk to Mr nhomi. in order to reduce the loads on me, thank you and success!

Which idiot would fall for this scam?
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by nigeriafarmer: 8:28pm On May 05, 2017
The man is an American not a Nigerian
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by haykes(m): 8:50pm On May 05, 2017
Another Nnamdi another criminal,in another jail and another Igbo another developer developing another country with rape weldon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by cytell56: 8:55pm On May 05, 2017
grin
Antichristus:

honey pot pumping is no respecter of age.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by ofwest47(m): 9:06pm On May 05, 2017
I know say he go be I BEFORE OTHERS 😯
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 05, 2017
Enemies Of Flat Heads will have a field day.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 05, 2017
US? he beans don done
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Henon: 9:46pm On May 05, 2017
iluvpomo:
another potential räpist spotted
and the sexual stalker revealed himself.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by iluvpomo(m): 9:55pm On May 05, 2017
Henon:

and the sexual stalker revealed himself.
and the village mügü finally stood up grin
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by summerflame(m): 10:37pm On May 05, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
He's American biko
Stop denying your biafran brother
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by amanikondo: 2:47am On May 06, 2017
F for Igbos

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by akigbemaru: 3:17am On May 06, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

A pie-chart of criminals by tribe in Nigeria would be 95% Jew, 5% others

F - L - A - T - I - N

UHHRHRHRHRMRMFFFF..... UHHHMMFFFFFF

Let me talk nah
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Coolgent(m): 6:49am On May 06, 2017
Nnamdi Godson Nwankwo (aka flat heads)

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by hebenezher(m): 8:26am On May 06, 2017
see im flat head..... diz 1 nah koret ipob
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by timmydahpeace(f): 8:34am On May 06, 2017
the old women in your village finally get your contact.......i weep for you?
cry
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by Justiceleague1: 9:11am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
I don't want to be Igbo anymore!
I don tire..... It is like living with a stigma hanging over my very existence every single day!

Ndi Nairaland, what can I do sad South East is now synonymous with Crime... It is disheartening, to say the least.

smh big time..all ur posts are all about igbos and u had the shameless guts to call on the mods on kropotokin33 over tribalism when theres hardly a post from u without the mention of igbos..
u aint igbo and u are making a huge mockery of urself,pele o..

Well,if u are so fed up,oba lagoon,according to u,can help u put an end to ur misery..pele o,mr tribalism. grin

or,rape is a crime,jail the cone head arzszo
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by 9jja(f): 11:47am On May 08, 2017
aflyingbird:
There was nothing consensual about what he did. He works in a group home. If you know group homes many pple living there have mental and physical disabilities of some sort. The victim has a cognitive impairment and didn't give consent. The USA isn't Nigeria. They did their research before charging him.

Did you read where I used the word SOME? Or do you believe every case rape there was real? Did you follow the last ten count charge against Michael Jackson or you think the American society is flawless?

Think twice!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by chomyc(f): 11:56am On May 08, 2017
Pls make una help me spread them news until this scammer is found

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by fitzpitz: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
If you think that the first part of this case is BAD, read the latest news on what the investigation by the Department of Health and Human Services:
RALEIGH

On the morning of April 4, police officers had a chance encounter with Nnamdi Godson Nwankwo, a 53-year-old group home employee who they say was in the back seat of a car raping a 47-year-old woman who lived at the home.

Nwankwo’s arrest and subsequent investigations by the state Department of Health and Human Services have led to accusations that he sexually preyed on three more developmentally disabled women who were under his care at Raleigh group homes owned by his wife.

A DHHS report made public this week concluded Nwankwo had been engaged in sexual activity – both inside and outside of the group home – with the woman in the back seat of his car for the past four years. Police said the woman has the mental capacity of an elementary school-age child.
ADVERTISING

Nnamdi_Godson_Nwankwo
Nnamdi Godson Nwankwo
CCBI

State health officials said other women living at two group homes owned by Nwankwo’s wife, Anthonia Ezuma, also complained about inappropriate sexual contact and advances from him.

“He is accused of attempting to have sexual contact with two other clients from this group home and one client from a sister facility,” state health officials concluded. “He tried to convince these women he was not molesting them, ‘but just trying to be nice’ to them.”

Police charged Nwankwo with second-degree forcible rape and sexual activity by a substitute parent after finding him and the partially clad woman in a secluded cul-de-sac at the end Merrell Drive, behind the Ripley Station apartment complex off Sunnybrook Road.

John Eluwa, a Raleigh attorney representing Nwankwo, said on Friday that his client denies all of the allegations. He also cautioned against rushing to judgment before all of the facts of the women’s claims are heard in court.

“People should understand that when allegations are made towards or against any body in our society or democracy, the person is presumed to be innocent, and is afforded the due process of law to take it’s course under the equal protection of the U.S. Constitution,” Eluwa wrote to The News & Observer.

Nwankwo worked for Destiny Family Care Homes, state-licensed facilities in Raleigh that provided long-term residence for adults with developmental disabilities, mental health issues and substance abuse disorders at 3509 Allendale Drive and 5005 Hollyridge Drive.

The homes were owned by Ezuma, who told investigators the first time she heard allegations about her husband’s sexual activity with the group home residents was on the day of his arrest. She told investigators her husband “was always quoting the Bible and doing Bible studies so she never suspected he would be inappropriate with the clients.”

DHHS fined Ezuma $2,000 for failing to protect residents at the group home from harm. The homes are allowed to continue operation, said Kelly Haight, a DHHS spokeswoman, but both appear vacant. The home on Hollyridge Drive has a for sale sign in front of it.
Active in church

Nwankwo has been in the Wake County jail under $1.5 million bail since his arrest. He was also ordered to not be in the presence of any minors or a mentally handicapped person without supervision if he is released from jail, according to arrest warrants.

Eluwa, his attorney, filed a motion on May 31 seeking a bond reduction and pretrial release. Eluwa described Nwankwo, a native of Nigeria, as a married father of three children, a “strong and longtime member of his local parish Catholic Church,” an upstanding citizen and member of the Knights of Columbus. He wrote that Nwankwo was a postal worker who also worked odd jobs and that he was receiving help with his legal expenses from members of his church and community.

According to the DHHS report, Nwankwo started working for Destiny Family Care Homes in 2010. He drove residents to medical appointments, lab tests, day care programs, shopping and personal errands.

Following his arrest, residents told state investigators that their uncomfortable encounters with Nwankwo went back several years. One woman said Nwankwo approached her twice – once a few years ago and again this spring.

“She now locks her bedroom door at night,” the report says. The woman told her new roommate to “be careful” around Nwankwo. The roommate later told her Nwankwo “had tried to pull her close to him,” officials reported.

The new roommate said she tried to tell Ezuma about a week later, but the group home owner did not believe her because, “I had a habit of making false accusations in other group homes,” she told investigators. When Nwankwo learned that the resident went to his wife, he told her she shouldn’t have done that.

“He said, ‘I didn’t molest you,’” the woman told the investigators. “I was just trying to be nice to you.”

Raleigh police spokesman Laura Hourigan this week said no further charges had been filed against Nwankwo since the DHHS report.
Chance encounter

When they noticed the car parked at the dead-end of Merrell Drive, two police officers on patrol first thought someone might have been illegally dumping trash in the wooded area beyond the cul-de-sac, according to accounts of the encounter spelled out in search warrant applications.

But as the officers got closer, they saw someone climbing from the back seat to the front. One of the officers moved toward the car window and saw Nwankwo with his trousers open and unzipped.

The group home resident was in the back seat. She was fully clothed from the waist up and sitting with a blanket covering the lower part of her body, Raleigh investigator W.C. Tripp wrote in one of the warrant applications.

The officers suspected prostitution and asked Nwankwo and the woman for identification. The officers could “immediately tell that the female victim had a possible cognitive impairment and learned that she was a resident of [a] group home in which the defendant’s wife is the owner,” Tripp wrote.

The officers learned that Nwankwo had picked up the woman from a day program that she attended. The officers arrested Nwankwo on an outstanding warrant in an unrelated matter and interviewed him at the police department’s detective division on Atlantic Avenue.

After police advised Nwankwo of his Miranda rights, he agreed to speak with Det. K.S. Morgan. He told Morgan that he picked up the group home resident and that she wanted to go to the Dollar Store. Nwankwo said he wanted to take his brother to the store, but after he found that his brother was not at home, he parked at the end of Merrell Drive and waited for him.

As they waited, Nwankwo said that he got into the back seat of the car, where he kissed the woman and fondled her vagina. He told the detective he did not have sexual intercourse with her, according to the search warrant.

Meanwhile, the woman told Tripp that she had sexual intercourse with Nwankwo. The detectives contacted the woman’s mother, who told them her daughter had been diagnosed with mental retardation as a child and has the mental capacity of a child between the ages of 6 and 8, according to the search warrant.

Detectives searched the group home on April 4 and seized the woman’s medical records, her travel book and documents that listed her daily activities. The investigators used a second search warrant to obtain a rape kit consisting of Nwankwo’s blood, hair, saliva and clothing, according to the search warrant inventory of items seized.

Nwankwo wasn’t supposed to be driving the day of his arrest. According to the City-County Bureau of Identification, in addition to the felony sex charges, police charged him with failing to appear in court for driving with a revoked license.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article157850229.html#storylink=cpy

SO WHILE HIS WIFE, THE OWNER AND OPERATOR OF THE GROUP HOMES WAS RUNNING HER HOME LIKE THE BELOW, HER HUSBAND WAS RAPING THE MENTALLY ILL WOMAN WHO LIVES IN ONE OF THE HOMES THAT HIS WIFE OWNS AND OPERATES AND NOT ONLY THAT BUT IN A CAR AND MAKING SEXUAL ADVANCES AT THE OTHER WOMEN IN THE GROUP HOME FOR 4 YEARS!! HOW ABSURD AND DISGUSTING. I THINK THESE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE PICKED ANOTHER BUSINESS OR RAN THEIR GROUP HOMES IN NIGERIA. THE OWNER AND OPERATOR WAS HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:

(1) Failing to ensure that my son and 5 other men were protected from bed bug infestation in which these bugs were found in every living space of the facility except the kitchen and it was infested with what looked like "German" roaches to an exterminator. These roaches were found "Alive" where food and food supplies were found. The blood from bed bugs were found on the clients sheets, old linens, mattresses, headboards. Bed bug bites were found on clients bodies and my son has current bites, proven with dated photos

(2) The Licensee/Operator, Anthonia Ezuma instructed her Nigerian staff member "Not" to give my son medications as authorized by a medical professional, causing meds to be stopped "Abruptly*

(3) A client was dropped off at a medical clinic for 4-5 days per week for an appointment even though there was no appointment. He was dropped off without food and wandered around the community. Destiny 3 was aware of when this client had appointments and did not respond to calls from the clinic staff when the client was dropped off unsupervised and left for hours."

(4)An empty 40 oz. malt liquor bottle with 6 oz. of alcohol volume was found outside of staff bedroom egress to the downstairs patio. Beer cans were found outside of a client’s room.

(5)Facility and Qualified Professional told falsehoods to the “DHHS” in attempts to hide their illegalities of law. This action failed.
(6)facility failed to coordinate services with other qualified professional who were responsible for these clients treatments.
(7)The back steps of a client’s room leading to the outside deck were loose and wobbly
(coolThe overhead ceiling light bulbs in a client’s bedroom were” blown”
(9)The front window blinds were in bad repair
(10)The shower curtain in the hallway bathroom contained mildew stains covering the bottom of the curtain
(11)The handrails on the remote exit of a client’s upstairs bedroom had sections of damaged wood
(12)There were also nails that protruded through the wooden handrails that were not bolted down securely in place
(13)The top of the stairs was not securely attached to the side of the house
(14)There are missing or damaged blinds in all of the bedrooms
(15)No blinds or curtains were affixed to a client’s windows
(16)Three out of four lights in the track light in a client’s bedroom were burned out
(17)Some if the bulb sockets in the track light were missing as well.

(18)There were no blinds BEFORE the exterminators came and treated for bed bugs
(19)The facility failed to ensure fire and disaster drills were conducted quarterly on each shift. Most of the men did not know what to do if there was a fire, etc; How sad. found.

NOW YOU THINK THAT IS BAD, YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ABOUT THE RETALIATIONS(What I call) FROM THE OWNER AND OPERATOR OF THE HOME IN REGARDS TO THE ABOVE!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by fitzpitz: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
You don't take people's money and treat them this way!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by SWlady: 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2018
XFIVE I will like to have a private dialogue with you on this .

XFive:
I swear, this is a set up. I know the Guy very well, he was set up. We should desist from making wrong comments against this Guy because he is innocent. His bail bond is $1.5million, where will he get that kind of money from? Nigeria is better because there is no way a woman of 47years will come and tell Nigerian police that a Man of 53years raped her. I blame him on the other side because he refuse to get close and was just staying on his own
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Raping 47-Year-Old Woman In The US by oji39: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
DO YOU LOOSE ALOT IN SPORT BETTING?
THIS IS YOUR HIGH TIME TO MAKE MONEY
GRAB TODAYS FIXED MATCH TICKET AND START WINNING..CONGRATS TO THOSE THAT HAVE BE BETTING WITH US.
TODYS GAME GOES FOR 12O ODD
CALL OR WHAYSAPP TO GET YOUR GAME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerade Flogged By A Soldier Cries / Update On The Killing Of A Driver, Amobi Igwe By A Civil Defence Officer (Graphi / We Drugged Her Yoghurt, Stabbed Her To Death And Sold Her Baby — Murder Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.