Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? (7871 Views)

Poll: Would you marry a beloved actor/actress who is ready to marry you?

Yes, maybe, probably, possibly, depends: 65% (36 votes)
No, never, when hell freezes over: 34% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Says I Should Marry An Ifa Worshipper, Now I Am Regretting —wife / Would You Date/marry An Albino? / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Ndipe(m): 1:32am On Jan 27, 2007
At first, it was no biggie for me to even contemplate marrying one, but as I have grown older, I have realized that I would have strong reservations seeing my intended partaking in a love scene in a movie. Honestly, I just can't fathom how men and vice versa react when they watch their spouses in such despicable scene. What is your take on this? For me, no way would I endorse this behavior. And moreso, has anybody ever attributed the breakdown of marriages in Hollywood to the roles that these actors/actresses undertake in movies?
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by joyblinks(f): 8:03pm On Jan 27, 2007
of course i will. there is nothing there. all you need is love and trust
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2007
Unless you're ready to share your spouse with the world, you probably shouldn't marry an actor or actress. Any attempt to prevent the actor from accepting sexual or romantic roles will be to the detriment of his/her career. That will eventually cause the marriage to dissolve if one is not an extremely understanding spouse. It must be hard!

However, if I have such a privilege, I'd probably consider it very seriously. It might be beneficial in many ways.
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by CrazyMan(m): 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2007
Never!!

I won't even dream of that
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by exotique(f): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2007
Seun:

Unless you're ready to share your spouse with the world, you probably shouldn't marry an actor or actress. Any attempt to prevent the actor from accepting sexual or romantic roles will be to the detriment of his/her career. That will eventually cause the marriage to dissolve if one is not an extremely understanding spouse. It must be hard!
Are you talking out of experience?
Can u please give us an example?
Being friendly doesn't imply a romantic affair.
An actress may make friends with other actors
or even producers in order to secure a role.
It's all about mutual understanding between the couple.
In the first place,will u take a promiscuous woman as a wife?
Once there is fidelity,be sure you won't share your wife with others.
Marry someone you trust and vice-versa.
Some people say TRUST is abstract,
but at the same time it is not out of reach.
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by desiree(f): 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2007
I see nothing wrong with marrying an Actor, if he's making an honest living doing what he knows how to best.

You probably shouldn't if you are the jealous type.
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by kellorah: 8:32pm On Jan 27, 2007
ye but, i'll av to keep shinning ma eyes cheesy
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Free(f): 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2007
ooo hell yea!!!

am already married to one grin grin cheesy
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by kellorah: 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2007
lol free, who?? cheesy
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Seun(m): 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2007
am already married to one

Have you fixed a date for the inevitable divorce? grin (just kidding!)
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Free(f): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2007
lol free, who??

boris kodjoe cheesy

Have you fixed a date for the inevitable divorce? (just kidding!)
yea betta be kiddin
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by CrazyMan(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2007
Hmmmmmmm shocked shocked
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Elpee(f): 12:31am On Jan 28, 2007
I think gettin married to an actor or actress in watever country, spells trouble, arguments, unnecessary publication, obscene scenes, divorces and everythin ugly, Most pips think dey can fall in luv with actors actresses cuz they want d fame too or they only c wat dey want 2 c in d actors and actresses, watever ill settle for a normal guy who can giv m everythin and ain't gat fame at d same tyme, Fame ain't everythin!!!!
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Free(f): 12:33am On Jan 28, 2007
ehem ehem

why didnt u say anythin bout "Love" is not always bout da fame or money u know
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by queen2(f): 12:42am On Jan 28, 2007
As for me, i cant marry an Actor, . . . .have many reasons as to why
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by omogenaija(f): 4:02am On Jan 28, 2007
yes i can marry and actor , but i'm jealous so idk,
but if we understand eachother and things work out
then i wouldnt mind being Jaime Foxx's wife. wink wink
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by hotangel2(f): 4:31am On Jan 28, 2007
Sure, if he's will smith. wink Because then i know that he'll be with me for a very long time, just like he is with jada pinkett.

---

On the reals though. I will marry an actor if we are compatible. Not only if we are in love. Compatibility is key.
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by iice(f): 6:29am On Jan 28, 2007
Yes i could marry one
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by kimba(m): 9:59am On Jan 28, 2007
I believe understanding and love (where understanding comes first) is the key to a successful marriage. I can marry an actress as long as her roles will not be detrimental to our marriage. She must understand that its God first, and her family(our kids and I) are second. Every other thing comes after. But yes, no nudity or even 1% nudity.

as long as its plain and simple acting, no probs. The truth is: 'plain and simple' acting will be hard to define, so I believe we would really sit down and talk.
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Seun(m): 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2007
Actors have to try a wide variety of roles to maximise their chances of finding fame. The moment you try to control her movie roles , she will find herself having to choose between her marriage and her career. If she's a really ambitious actress, guess what she'll choose? Her career, of course! Actors do not get noticed by "plain and simple" acting. You don't get to the top by compromise. I don't want to be found standing in the way of my wife's dreams!
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Busta(f): 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2007
ain't nuthing wrong with marrying an actress.
depends on both y'all,
if there's the understanding and trust
i guess.
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by snazzydawn(f): 11:03pm On Jan 28, 2007
Yes, I would. After all, they are human beings too.
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by osegwu(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2007
Can't marry one. Not for the world. Trust or no trust.

Still me
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:14pm On Jan 29, 2007
Seun:

I don't want to be found standing in the way of my wife's dreams!

That's nice smiley

Most people rather think of themselves.
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by oyinboaja: 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Maneater1(f): 11:40am On Jan 30, 2007
YEAH!!! of course i acn marry an actor.

A Hollywood actor that is, grin
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Easyy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2007
I wont be able to stand and see any man touch my wife, even if they're just acting
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by kenny147(m): 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2007
There's nothing wrong with getting married to an actress, it all has to do with your own self exposure and psycological composure, if she cherrish her matrimony, she'll definitely never let her carrier ruin her marriage life, But Guys , make una shine una eye well well sha. grin
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by nikynike(f): 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2007
l cannt stand it.My husband acting romance and sex? Sorry l cannt bear it because from their acting to real.
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by Maneater1(f): 10:09am On Jan 31, 2007
On the other hand,

Look at what happened to Jennifer Aniston when she married an actor,

Then he met the wonder Miss Jolie on the set of Mr and Mrs Smith,

Sparks started flying grin
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by oyinboaja: 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? by diyobdw(f): 4:07pm On Jan 31, 2007
i would marry one if he came for me.I have being in a relationship with an entertainer so i know! the feeling.
I guess it is all about how much honesty and trust you both give to the union. More so why worry,
If he is acting for money why not! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My / ... / Is It Wrong For A Married Man To Give A Lift To A Helpless Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.