Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You (7671 Views)

Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
So in honour of a thread recently posted...I would like to ask the Ladies in the house.

Can you marry a guy who earns less than you or a guy who is less educated than you.

What if he is very well off but stopped at primary 6? And you hold an MBA or PHD...do you think that marriage will work?

Bearing in mind that you might think "I will respect my husband because he is the man" but the man might already be feeling insecure and anything you do (something that could be seemingly innocent) could be attributed to the wealth and education disparity. That s when you hear him get overly defensive over any little thing and the "Did you marry yourself", "Did you pay your brideprice", I knew it would come to this", etc etc.

On the other hand, the man could start hindering your progress simply because he does not understand the need to grow professionally. He might not want you to take that extra course or that MBA or that PHD due to fear of inadequacy.
Differences in education could also mean difficulty in communication which will ultimately lead to increased misunderstanding.

Please share your views! grin cheesy
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
**grabs front seat** following...
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
Dharniel:
**grabs front seat**
following...

Mr Lurker! Contribute jaree grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Mr Lurker! Contribute jaree grin
thought the thread was meant for ladies, i ain't a lady...
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by elantraceey(f): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
It depends on what his dreams and aspirations are . With time I could help him to a level where we could be on the same educational level and earn more than me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Hazardd(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
Make i park small cheesy
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by osamaBUSH(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
May i,,,,,,,...?
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yes i can. As long as he got the kind of qualities am looking 4.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
ladies on this thread are born liars mtcheeew

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
elantraceey:
It depends on what his dreams and aspirations are . With time I could help him to a level where we could be on the same educational level and earn more than me.

What if he's one of those headstrong Naija men and simply will not see your help as help. Or what if he just doesn't want anymore education and happy with where he is as a 'kept' husband?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
hbpeze:
ladies on this thread are born liars mtcheeew

Hahahaha....what makes you say that? They are being honest joor tongue

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Yes i can. As long as he got the kind of qualities am looking 4.

Wow...the opinions here are much different from everyday Naija girl who will say "I want a ready made man, if he ain't driving, we ain't marry"... I'm suprisingly impressed! cheesy

There's hope for our men after all!
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
osamaBUSH:
May i,,,,,,,...?

Yes you may! wink
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hazardd:
Make i park small cheesy

Na car park you dey? angry tongue
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by elantraceey(f): 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
Darkchocolate:

What if he's one of those headstrong Naija men and simply will not see your help as help. Or what if he just doesn't want anymore education and happy with where he is as a 'kept' husband?

I can't get married to a 'headstrong' and someone who can't aim higher than who he is presently.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by elantraceey(f): 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Wow...the opinions here are much different from everyday Naija girl who will say "I want a ready made man, if he ain't driving, we ain't marry"... I'm suprisingly impressed! cheesy

My man is definitely going to be made because I am going to be made . The timing don't have to be thesame.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
elantraceey:

I can't get married to a 'headstrong' and someone who can't aim higher than who he is presently.

Fair enough...but some people have a way of concealing their true nature from you and only revealing it when it's too late. Especially if you earn more or more educated than he is, he ll definitely see you as a catch, unattainable, the envy of his friends, his ticket out of misery...and will say or do anything to keep you sweet till he gets the ring on it... Then bam! His true colour emerges!!!

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Hazardd(m): 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Na car park you dey? angry tongue

i didn't see any car park around... Well shall don't bother, i have already move on with my range...wink
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hazardd:

i didn't see any car park around... Well shall don't bother, i have already move on with my range...wink

Your leg-rover range abi?! Carry go....nothing do you! cool
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Hazardd(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Your leg-rover range abi?! Carry go....nothing do you! cool

which one is leg-rover range.. whispers* it is range rover sport, that's a car name and stop disgracing your selftongue
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Yustash001(m): 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
Here to read comments...
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hazardd:

which one is leg-rover range.. whispers* it is range rover sport, that's a car name and stop disgracing your selftongue

Yimu*
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Haywhymido(m): 11:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Darkchocolate:

wake up sister,talking is easier dan action. Let dem put dat into action.
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 07, 2015
I cant marry such a man,as a man he shld be the head of the family deserving due respect and loyalty..i seriously dnt think i will give him that when i am way more exposed than him...

What kinda man is that self in this present century?a man that cnt speak fluently...

I refused to be drag down...

Let the blind walk with the blind..

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 07, 2015
elantraceey:

never say never dear...it just d grace of God...some men get phd in hidding their true color...

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Darkchocolate(f): 8:54am On Sep 07, 2015
Jollyjoy:
I cant marry such a man,as a man he shld be the head of the family deserving due respect and loyalty..i seriously dnt think i will give him that when i am way more exposed than him...

What kinda man is that self in this present century?a man that cnt speak fluently...

I refused to be drag down...

Let the blind walk with the blind..

Well done for your honesty!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
its almost as if d op wants d ladies to give negative comments... she even seems to want to talk away any sense yall try to gather together.. now i dont know if d thread is just to get comments or perhaps reaffirm somtin on ur mind madam op buh please its d 21st century where women are fighting for gender equality now which is a good thing... i know we all got class and all and certain standards buh i seem to notice dat if it wer d oda way round d guy wuld marry her irrespective of anytn now im not sexist buh il say dis.. men nid to grow d Bleep up nd get a little class too and stop being d knights in shinning armor and fyi i think its d male gender who are denied equality everyday buh no noise is made about dat... we cant kip settling fr less and still work hard to pay our bills and urs and d kids too... gender equality for men....#enof said... my 2cents...peaceout!!,

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by SAMBARRY: 6:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Rolls eyes

it is a man that kuku said this one

Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Rukkydelta(f): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2015
NO
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Setaje(f): 10:21am On Oct 08, 2015
I Can't marry a man who is less educated than me. That will be the biggest injustice to my parents. As for me earning more than him, Also depends on if I know the man is not lazy and aspires to be richer but circumstances just made him earn less , I can help him to any length in that case but If he seems layed back and unconcerned. That's a red flag!

A rich hard-working woman cannot help a lazy man and a hard working man will always aspire to be greater.

No offense to men wiv less education. But Education to me is the best legacy in life. I always advocate " Marry your kind" to avoid stories that touch!
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by Pidggin(f): 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
Less education No, earns less money yah, we'll work something out.
Re: Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You by lilmax(m): 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Chai,so naija girls no believe in love again sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Your Advise / Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? / Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.