Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time (46068 Views)

Nigeria's Top 10 Rappers Of The Year / Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time / Top Ten Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by shadyBaba: 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2009
Eminem
2pac
biggie smalls
nas
dr dre
dmx
run dmc
jay z
50 cent
you may add anyone u want to the list i rate them according to their originality, commercial success and overall impact on the industry not just on their lyrical technicality, word

anyone who puts lil wayne in an all time gr8 rappers list has got to be kidding me.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by russellino: 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2009
1. Tupac Shakur
2. Rakim -
3. LL Cool J
4. Biggie Smalls
5. NAS
6. KRS 1
7. Dr. Dre
8. DMX
9. Kool Moe Dee
10. Snoop Doggy dogg

I'm glad the lil wayne and soulja boy fans havent posted grin
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Mafia4life(m): 12:44am On Sep 15, 2009
What the Fu@k are you guys listing? There we never be a day the mainstream artist will rap better than the underground dudes. Here is my list ranking according to lyrics.
1. Papoose
2. Eminem
3. Lloyd Banks
4. T-Rock
5. Slikk of ATL
6. Chyna Whyte (f)
7. All D12 exp. bizare
8. Jadakiss
9. Twista
10. Ludacris
Obinna5000 Can you add me to your messenger? My yahoo id rick_frisk.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Scofield007(m): 4:05am On Sep 15, 2009
I think a lotta pple gettin this thin wrong. Guys, pls draw the line btw a greatest rappers, good rappers, and favourite rappers. Where you guys wanna put run-dmc, public enemy, okay tupac but big, i think he should be on the good list. What's all this fuss bout 50, jay, etc, these guys are favorites. If any of the millenium rappers appear, i think it should be shady. This is a list of all times not 1990s and 2000s. Ya'll better start re-shuffling your list.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by kay29000(m): 9:38am On Sep 15, 2009
1. NAS.
2. TUPAC.
3. BIG PUN.
4. BIGGIE.
5. EMINEM.
6. JADAKISS.
7. REDMAN
8. FABOLOUS.
9. FAT JOE.
10. THE GAME.

PERIOD!!!
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Mafia4life(m): 10:51am On Sep 15, 2009
Please we are not mentioning 10 favourite! You all mentioning without adding papoose are not a hip-hop fan. Please try to catch up that dude
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by okeey(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2009
you try,but dere is still greater rapper
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by phatboisly(m): 3:10am On Sep 18, 2009
hmmm?can't really see dre makin ma list and wutang's supposed to be a clan
so instead i'll have eminem and methodman

abnnnnnnnybody amin 50 doesn't know a thing about rap.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by chic2pimp(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2009
TUPAC
BIGGIE
JAY Z
NAS/EMINEM
RAKIM
Those are my top 5
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Mafia4life(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2009
@chic2pimp
Guy, sorry to say this. You mention Tupac & Biggie just because evertbody knows them to be real thugz. Have you listen to some of these underground artist i will mention? Papoose, T-rock, Slikk Get 'Em and C-mob. Oboy i nor blame you because na there you music level reach.
like say Tupac and Biggie be day alive, these dudes for don chukin them.
cool
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by chic2pimp(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2009
Mafia4life:

@chic2pimp
Guy, sorry to say this. You mention Tupac & Biggie just because evertbody knows them to be real thugz. Have you listen to some of these underground artist i will mention? Papoose, T-rock, Slikk Get 'Em and C-mob. Oboy i nor blame you because na there you music level reach.
like say Tupac and Biggie be day alive, these dudes for don chukin them.
cool
I think u should listen to the albums i'll list below again.

Biggie - Ready To Die
Tupac - Me Against The World and All Eyez On Me
Nas - Illmatic
Jay z - Reasonable Doubt
Eminem - The Marshall Matters LP

When u are done listening to those Gems,i'll like u to sit back and reflect on what u just wrote.

Look,I ain't saying underground less commercial artists are shyte but there is no denying the artistic skills of those rappers I mention.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Mafia4life(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2009
@chic2pimp
You are right. i almost forgot the topic. Those guys are great especially Nas, rakim and Eminem.
But if you will give power to upload to sharemobile, will you permit me?
What if i upload 1 track from T-rock, C-mob, slikk and J-green in sharemobile.ro, will you download them to know if these cats are good as FU@K!
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by martinkem(m): 11:55am On Sep 21, 2009
Men ,
My Top Rappers list

1. Noorious BIG
2. Tupac
3. Rakim
4. Snoop Dogg
5. Nas
6. Jay-Z
7.Eminem
8. 50 Cent
9. Kanye West
10. Lil Wayne
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by noblegas2(m): 9:08am On Sep 22, 2009
2pac,Biggie,Wu Tang Clan,NWA,Naughty by Nature,Rakim,D Fresh prince,A tribe caled Quest,Run Dmc,NAS
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Vuitton(m): 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2009
Mine:

Tupac
Notorious BIG
Jay Z
Rakim
Nas
KRS One
Eminem
Snoop Dogg
Kanye West
Lil Wayne

Great means underground rappers are not considered on my list undecided They are not GREAT until they make it to the TOP tongue
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Bosshogg: 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2010
My personal Top Ten and should be the only Top 10

2Pac
E-40
Redman
Mac Dre
Nas
Twista
Scarface
Big Punn
The Game
Eminem
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by lyrassa: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
I c theres a direct duel between 2pac n biggie for the top two, lemme make this clear, no rapper eva rocked the mic better than the fella that took the 5 shots, and that's pac,

Just listen 2 one of 2pac's songs n tell me u ain't moved, he has the most powerful lyrics, n the deepest emotions on tha mic, n he invented the swagger hip hop would dwell after he's dead, how the f*** can u rate biggie above 2pac  he only has two albums for god's sake, n pls dun tel me he is just as good as 2pac with just two, u just compare who shot ya ? to hit em' up and tell me which is betta, 2pac was a lyrical mercenary n biggie neva came close, not even other rappers (xcept God MC, Rakim)

As 4 ma list,

0. Rakim (the greatest of all-time, too gr8 to be in top 10)
1. 2pac (the homie)
2. Nas (hip hop's prodigy)
3. Biggie (I hev respect for him, but no way above the former three)
4. Ice Cube (the rapper that set the stage 4 west coast)
5. Wu Tang Clan (the best rap group eva)

N lastly, 4 those who think crappers like lil wayne and other mainstream sh*ts betta than the underground thugz, letz show em the finger, if eminem is no mo on mainstream, RAP is totally dead, n u heard it, DEAD,
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by aldon: 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
1 RAKIM ALLAH
2 KRS 1 D TEACHER
3 GENIUS GZA
4 NAS
5 METHODMAN TICAL
6 BIGGIE
7 2PAC
8 ICE CUBE
9 JAY Z
10 THE RZA
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by sinistyle(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2010
2pac
Jay z
Nas
Biggie
Snoop dogg
Ice cube
Papoose (this dude will take over the east coast soon)
Cassidy
DMX
Eminem
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by loomy(m): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2010
ya all did ur best,dis is myn:
tupac
biggy
nas
jayz
krs1
kanye west
50 cent
fat joe
rakim
t.i
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by MrMurdah: 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2010
Linkin Park and G-Unit in the list of greatest rappers ever!

Men, how Hip Hop has fallen!
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by lordbayor(m): 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2010
Well to me if am even gonna choose the greatest Rappers of all time, as the poster implies then we look at those who brought Rap into the fame, who gave it his Boldness that it gat now and not just artist who cant differentiate bw Rap and RnB as some artist does these days, and Rap sometimes is been defined by the guys of olds as words of the black that is words that have real message listen to Scarface, Easy E, Tupac, Jayz, u gonna see real words that makes u think unlike the junk that most artist sings now , So to this my list goes these way

[b]Scarface http://www.jango.com/music/Scarface
Too Short http://www.jango.com/music/Too+hort
LL cool J http://www.jango.com/music/LL+Cool+J
Rakim http://www.jango.com/music/Rakim
2Pac http://www.jango.com/music/2Pac
Biggie http://www.jango.com/music/The+Notorious+B+I+G+
Nas http://www.jango.com/music/Nas
Ice-T http://www.jango.com/music/Ice+T
Jay-Z http://www.jango.com/mu[/b]sic/Jay+Z

To me there are so many people that fits into the 10th position because we have Snoop dog, Andre 100 of out cast, Eminem, Xzibit , ice cube, just name them all
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by bkbabe97: 3:57am On Apr 09, 2010
Biggie
Jay Z
NAS
Big L
Big Pun
Rakim
Krs ONE
tupac
Kool G Rap
sNOOP Dog
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Krayola(m): 6:06am On Apr 09, 2010
My Top ten based only on personal taste.

Notorious BIG
Redman
Jay-z
Andre-3000 (Outkast)
Black Thought (The Roots)
Eminem
Tupac
Nas
Scarface
Snoop dogg. (He makes my list ONLY because of D0ggistyle. Never did anything on that level since, but that album no get part 2)

If it wasn't about personal taste LL cool J and Rakim would make my list, and Scarface and Snoop won't.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 09, 2010
Krayola:

My Top ten based only on personal taste.

Notorious BIG
Redman
Jay-z
Andre-3000 (Outkast)
Black Thought (The Roots)
Eminem
Tupac
Nas
Scarface
Snoop dogg. (He makes my list ONLY because of D0ggistyle. Never did anything on that level since, but that album no get part 2)

If it wasn't about personal taste LL cool J and Rakim would make my list, and Scarface and Snoop won't.
If Drake aint in your list then the list aint complete.

Yo, whatever happened to Nas?
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Krayola(m): 6:18am On Apr 09, 2010
FL Gators:

The guy neva even comot album nah  shocked Na so the love dey shack u?  grin

Nas is confused as usual. I expect his album to be solid tho.
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by bkbabe97: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2010
FL Gators:

Yo, whatever happened to Nas?

^^^^^Geez, is this Big tittied ho ok? U serious? Drake? Why dont u just g'ahead and include Gucci Mane, Plies, and BUbba sparxx while u at it
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by platinumnk(f): 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
bk/babe97:

^^^^^Geez, is this Big tittied ho ok? U serious? Drake? Why dont u just g'ahead and include Gucci Mane, Plies, and BUbba sparxx while u at it

LOL dont mind these people who just started listening to hip hop, make sure they add Drakes ghost writer as well!

lol sorry muffpackers grin
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2010
Krayola:

The guy neva even comot album nah  shocked Na so the love dey shack u?  grin

Nas is confused as usual. I expect his album to be solid tho.
Like drake said. . . . his first name is Greatest and last name Rapper Ever.

Dude hasnt sold an albulm? Are you serious, then wha da hell do you call the ones on youtube, mixtapes?

Compared with other rappers with 10 albums out, dude is still the best, what me and drake did last night had nothing to do with this post grin
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2010
bk/babe97:

Yes, I'm damn well serious. .  ,  now where is your list, ho? Let's see if Flavo Flav doesnt make your top five wink
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Vuitton(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^ Is that ur chest on ur profile Not bad
Re: Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time by Vuitton(m): 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
Jay Z
Tupac
BIG
Rakim
Nas
Eminem
KRS 1

Hey i have already posted

Well lets add

Slick Rick

Thats all cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten Rappers Of All Time / Searching - 2BABA ft. Bongos Ikwue (Video) / 'Bad Influence': Naira Marley New Song Got Nigerians Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.