Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Top Ten Rappers Of All Time - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Ten Rappers Of All Time (46187 Views)

Top Ten Rappers In Nigeria!!! / Bet Top Ten Rappers Of The 21st Century / Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2006
Who are the top 10 rappers of all time? The answers to this question are almost guaranteed to stir up controversy, arguments and gnashing of teeth. i've compiled and ranked the artists who i feel rule as far as lyrical prowess, delivery and overall impact. Whether you hate this list or love it to death, hit me up in the good ol' forum and tell me about it.
1) 2Pac
With the exception of, perhaps, the following rapper, no one, living or dead, can begin to approach Tupac Shakur's level of craft. His sheer diversity of subject matter, good looks, charisma, volatile lyrics and passionate delivery made him a legend. His greatest hits were released in 1998.

2) Notorious B.I.G.
Wet vocals, illustrative lyrics and phat Puff Daddy-produced tracks made Notorious B.I.G. (aka Biggie Smalls) a force to be reckoned with. Despite his limited, violent and sometimes depresssing subject matter no one can top Biggie in terms of lyrical metaphors and ridiculously conversational freestyle ability.

3) Nas
This debut album was a classic and still years later, Nas is undeniably one of the best living rappers. This poetically gifted artist, at his best, is capable of crafting images that stay with you long after the CD has ended.

4) Talib Kweli
Although his solo debut was released a mere two years ago (2000), it was almost immediately recognized as a classic. Not only is he a spiritual, political and social griot -- he can spit like nobody's business.

5) Rakim (Eric B. & Rakim)
Sometimes referred to as the original gangsta rapper, Rakim displayed deadly cool, you-heard-me delivery and intelligent street smarts over phat jazzy beats. Tracks like "I Know You Got Soul," "I Ain't No Joke" and "Paid In Full" still inspire awe -- over fifteen years since they were recorded.

6) KRS One
Petty bickering and media induced crap aside, KRS-One is one of the greats. As part of Boogie Down Productions he cleaned the floor with many unfortunate MCs and helmed classic albums such as By All Means Necessary and Criminal Minded.

7) Q-Tip
Currently referring to himself as "Kamaal Tha Abstract", Q-Tip helped revolutionize hip-hop as one third of the phenomenal A Tribe Called Quest. Featuring Q-Tip's amazingly sexy voice, intelligent lyrics and bebop delivery, the group delivered two undeniable classic albums and set crossover precedents as headliners for Lollapalooza.

cool Chuck D
As part of the phenomenal Public Enemy, Chuck D, otherwise known as "The Voice Of Power," helped revolutionize hip-hop with his outspoken political/social views, booming vocals and highly articulate in-your-face delivery.

9) Busta Rhymes
While still a member of the acclaimed hip-hop crew Leaders Of The New School, Busta virtually knocked people over with his off-the-freakin'-hook guest spot on A Tribe Called Quest's classic "Scenario." Insane energy, rapid-fire delivery, a dark sense of humor and a solid string of hits ensures Busta's place in the rap panthenon.

10) Black Thought (The Roots)
Black Thought consistently delivers as a member of the Roots and as a solo artist (although it seems at this point, his solo album will never see the light of day). Poetic, intelligent lyrics, classic flow and subject matter covering a slew of different topics is, and has been, his trademark since the Roots' debut in 1995

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Rhodalyn(f): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2006
what about ja rule and 50
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2006
@rhodalyn
my pop is not there ur talkin about my boys.they are not up to that standard.right kiss
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Rhodalyn(f): 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy they're lil boys winkyet they think they're big men shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by tejuoso1(f): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2006
i'm wit u Ladebi but where did you put the greatest rapper 50cent, i can't beleive you mentioned some talented looser without talking about 50cent.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2006
like have said they aint up to that standard.my pop is not there and my pop is far more talented and drop hits than this lil artists.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Idekeson(m): 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2006
Just a minor adjustment,
1. B.I.G
2. 2Pac
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by luvu567(f): 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2006
50, Ja, COME OOON. They are no where near being the greatest rappers.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2006
ur very right.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by lurvsite(f): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2006
luvu567:

50, Ja, COME OOON. They are no where near being the greatest rappers.
absolutely. shocked
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2006
they will not make the top ten even if its rappers alive.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by shadyBaba: 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2006
dr dre
eminem
50 cent
lloyd banks
yung buck
tony yayo
bussa bus
snoopy
and then ME
lol.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Grizzly(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2006
You dont make the first list when all u do is diss yo fellow ni99a, tell him how he sucks, how he dont got no bucks, how he's a snitch, a bitch, how u proud of ur switch. stuff like that, ,
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Ciaralover(f): 2:41am On Mar 04, 2006
50 cent
Dre Dre
Tupac
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2006
let us play kool and real here .yall know those dudes ur callin will nevermake it in the top fifty greatest rappers.

grizllin plz can u explain i dont understand you.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Grizzly(m): 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2006
Why u think pips like fiddy and ja dont got no grammys? cos all they know is curse, diss, and bitch, ,
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2006
ja aint like that bro .am being real.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Grizzly(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2006
Being real ma black a$$. Sing anoda song ni99a,
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Grizzly(m): 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2006
Being real ma black a$$. Sing anoda song ni99a,
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 12:49pm On Mar 04, 2006
Check it out, y’all
You don’t stop
Keep on
Well it’s big lad in the flesh
Of course I’m fresh
Oh you thought that I was rotten?
Huh, I beg your pardon
To me getting paid and getting busy fall together
So a man of my ambiance, never!
Could I be weak, why I’m rather unique
I got style, flavor, grace, and plus a different technique
That I be using and not many can manage
So a brother like me, I do damage
Just by picking up the mic to go solo
I cold turn a party on out, and oh yo
I get physical, mystical, very artistical
Giving party people something funky to listen to
That’s you can’t swing long
I stomp them out just like I was King Kong
Stepping on roaches, I get ferocious
Supercalifragalisticexpealidocious
I go on and on and on and Bleep u up.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by luvu567(f): 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2006
Ja Rule is WACK and 50 is a pus*y thats why he tries to get on everybody, so lets stop talking about these wannabees and lets start talking about the REAL rappers.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by Grizzly(m): 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2006
@ luvu567, WTF?? angry Well i'll say nuffin cos i looked @ your profile and yo fine lol
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by UsherGurl(f): 3:42pm On Mar 04, 2006
Tupac
50 Cent + G-unit
Eminem
B.I.G
Jay-z
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by luvu567(f): 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2006
Thank u but I still stick to what I said.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by JalistarIX(f): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2006
boy your very right but the god MC RAKIM should be number one.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by shadyBaba: 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2006
it's fitty a ka ferari f-fitty break it down " as long as the check comes then f**k the awards"
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by spikelord(m): 8:44pm On Mar 08, 2006
Pac, Biggie, Nas, DMX, Eminem, Dre, Ice Cube, Kanye West, Ja Rule, Fiddy, Fabolous, et.c
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 8:57am On Mar 09, 2006
spike lord tell me you dont know who raps.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by buckeye(m): 9:23am On Mar 09, 2006
http://rap.about.com/cs/history/tp/bestofalltime.htm

I dont know what criteria they use to rank them, but i dont think busta should belong to that group.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 9:38am On Mar 09, 2006
your right i dont think busta should have been included.But it was back in the days so lets just take it the way it is.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by buckeye(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2006
ladebi:

your right i don't think busta should have been included.But it was back in the days so lets just take it the way it is.

yeah,i later found out it was old.
Re: Top Ten Rappers Of All Time by ladebi(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2006
okay no probs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Searching - 2BABA ft. Bongos Ikwue (Video) / 'Bad Influence': Naira Marley New Song Got Nigerians Talking / Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.