Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,301 members, 7,860,735 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) (35402 Views)

Dr. Chris Ngige Dances To Zoro's Music At A Ceremony (Photos, Video) / Peter Obi Attends Linda Ikeji’s Child Dedication Ceremony (Photos) / Obasanjo In Yola For Turbaning Of Atiku As The 7th Waziri Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by wise4sunny: 4:51pm On May 06, 2017
Ameachi d antidote of Pdp
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by SIRmanjar(m): 5:35pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:
It is not like an Emir but the Sultan attending an investiture of some Oloye

He can be humble with his personal life not the institution of Ooni. How many of such will he attend in Yorubaland. It devalues the institution. He should learn from the Oba of Benin. He is becoming like pure water

Hahaha..True talk..Leg too dey scratch am.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by Dedetwo(m): 6:46pm On May 06, 2017
Zeddicuz:
The Ooni, who is the successor of Oduduwa is not supposed to attend the Coronation or turbaning of every tom,dick and Harry.ooni Ogunwusi should know that stool is too sacred for him to wakabout all over d land . if not,that office will be decanonized and demystified by the powers that be in the northern hemisphere.he shiuld learn to respect himself.no wonder he was slighted by the Oba Of Lagos

Only a son succeeds his father or blood relatives but a shrine hand such as Ogun.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by salford: 7:15pm On May 06, 2017
Vorpal:

What's an Iwuye ceremony?
Iwuye is the conferment of chieftancy title on someone.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by salford: 7:19pm On May 06, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Tell me one ruler that doesn't do more politics than traditions. The former Ooni was even more political. He may not be a traveler like the present Ooni but he was very political.
Oba of Benin.
Akran of Badagry.
Olubadan
dem plenty.lol
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by prosperofficial(m): 8:44pm On May 06, 2017
I respect the Ooni of Ife alot but I think He shouldn't be attending all occasions and ceremonies He is invited for, it's not good for his person. Deities don't become vagabonds, He is a deity and should understand that.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:19pm On May 06, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Tell me one ruler that doesn't do more politics than traditions. The former Ooni was even more political. He may not be a traveler like the present Ooni but he was very political.
Very politiical.What are two "political" things that heis remembered for.Just two please
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 9:29pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:
Very politiical.What are two "political" things that heis remembered for.Just two please

We knew how much the Ooni was involved with Jonathan just because of what Buhari did to him during his 1984-85 regime.

We also remember the Ooni leading other Yoruba leaders to betray MKO Abiola. Who made the statement, "Babangida is making sense"?
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by juman(m): 9:29pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:
Should he be attending a turbanning? the equivalent on an Iwuye ceremony

It also surprise me.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by juman(m): 9:33pm On May 06, 2017
Tolexander:
It is so nice and good having a young and agile King like Ooni!

Oodua a gbe a o!

Hope it turn out to be a great king.

But alaafin adeyemi and awujale adetona were even much younger when they became kings.

Yet they are not successful super kings. Their time as kings are very bad.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:50pm On May 06, 2017
LordOfNaira:

We knew how much the Ooni was involved with Jonathan just because of what Buhari did to him during his 1984-85 regime.

We also remember the Ooni leading other Yoruba leaders to betray MKO Abiola. Who made the statement, "Babangida is making sense"?
You are talking nonsense and cannot even Marshall an argument. I asked two things he did that are political and yyou tell us what Buhari did to him. Buhari said they should not travel without permit and they did. What is political about that

You come up with a question who made a statement? Only you know what the hell you are talking about so answer your question and provide a context.

Having said he was "very political" are these the MOST political actions of a man who was "very political" that you can unearth? That he traveled abroad without permission?
Be careful about making wild assertions which you cannot substantate
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 12:08am On May 07, 2017
aribisala0:
You are talking nonsense and cannot even Marshall an argument. I asked two things he did that are political and yyou tell us what Buhari did to him. Buhari said they should not travel without permit and they did. What is political about that

You come up with a question who made a statement? Only you know what the hell you are talking about so answer your question and provide a context.

Having said he was "very political" are these the MOST political actions of a man who was "very political" that you can unearth? That he traveled abroad without permission?
Be careful about making wild assertions which you cannot substantate

I am talking nonsense? How civil grin You must be a very angry man.

To my post, you should notice that I kept them short because I was not in the mood to type long. It was an obviously tired effort. I am a very busy man. Also, about the first point, I was not emphasizing what Buhari did to the Ooni but how it affected their relationship later in life. The emphasis was on the romance between Ooni and GEJ. Remove the Buhari's part from my statement and you would see. (I wonder how you missed that. Perhaps, your fingers were faster than...) So, Mr Sense, I will beg you to let me pass. Google is there to help you without stress. Or, you may mention me when you have grown up and become more civil.
Re: Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) by EagleNest(m): 4:53am On May 07, 2017
Zeddicuz:
The Ooni,who is the successor of Oduduwa is not supposed to attend the Coronation or turbaning of every tom,dick and Harry.ooni Ogunwusi should know that stool is too sacred for him to wakabout all over d land . if not,that office will be decanonized and demystified by the powers that be in the northern hemisphere.he shiuld learn to respect himself.no wonder he was slighted by the Oba Of Lagos

Abeg, who appoints or chooses the ooni? Is it the oracle or the titled elders? Just being curious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

European Union Election Observer Spotted At Obi Abuja Campaign / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / Gunmen Evacuate Boko Haram Members, Others From Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.