Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead (50586 Views)

Two BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Many Injured (Photos) / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video) / Trailer And Fuel Tanker Collide On Suleja-Minna Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by morereb10: 7:41pm On May 06, 2017
my God
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 06, 2017
Must have been a terrible impact, but why is accidents on that road always fatal

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 06, 2017
Jesus.
Over speeding kills
RIP heroes
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Handsomecole(m): 7:43pm On May 06, 2017
I saw it today, on my way back from IFE, over speeding is usually the main cause of such accidents. RIP to the dead, very tragic.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by AngelicBeing: 7:44pm On May 06, 2017
sad sad sad embarassed
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by afamaustin(m): 7:44pm On May 06, 2017
Yet l HV not repented.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 06, 2017
alili. ka mkpuruobi ha zuo ike na ndokwa. amen
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by KingRex1(m): 7:45pm On May 06, 2017
Omg! I'm petrified

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by hardbody: 7:46pm On May 06, 2017
dainformant:
Over 36 people are feared dead as two passenger buses collided and caught fire at a quarry site at Km 96, on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Saturday. An eyewitness told NAN that the two 18-seater buses had a head-on collision and the buses caught fire immediately.

“All the passengers in the two buses were burnt beyond recognition.

“Only a baby escaped death because the father of the child threw him out through the window of the bus,” the witness was quoted as saying.

Yusuf Salami, the Oyo state sector commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), confirmed the accident to NAN.

Salami, however, said he had yet to be briefed on the casualty figures.

He confirmed that the accident involved two 18-seater buses.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/over-36-killed-as-passenger-buses.html

Such a pity. The baby will now be at least fatherless, and if both parents were in there, an orphan, possibly with no trace of any family anymore. When I do a maximum of 120km/h with a less than 2 years old Avensis newly purchased on that road, they overtake and sneer at me. I laugh and maintain my speed. Interestingly with all their zooming speed, we all meet at the old toll gate before you enter ibadan. Ditto the return journey, we all meet at the long bridge traffic before berger. Will they ever learn? Cutting people's destiny short. What baffles me most is that the passengers tacitly encourage them at least by keeping quiet. It is sad. I sorry for them, i don't generally type RIP but may their survivors be healed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Ekehezike(m): 7:46pm On May 06, 2017
This nah burnt offering. Rip.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 06, 2017
dhardline:
Another 36 fallen. Now ask yourself... Why them? Where they the worst? Didn't they pray?

My dear brother and sister make out time to think deep about life don't be too shallow for there is a lot we are yet to know.
RIP

So what should we do then ? Just thinking. The Bible said we only know in part
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by amdoyin82(m): 7:48pm On May 06, 2017
Hmmmm! Rubbish life. May Allah grant the departed souls aljanat fridaou and give the families the fortitude to bear the great losses. It's such terrible death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by azimibraun: 7:50pm On May 06, 2017
Bus Drivers remain on top the wicked, Arrogant and the most offensive people's chat since forever. I use to wonder if they love their children and wives. Most of us drive having our kids in min an wives so we want to be safe alive and well for them. But this born throway people don't care. They are always ready for you when you advice them over dangerous driving. There should be a manslaughter case and trial for any driver who survives an accident where passengers die. The passengers crime was to pay choose to travel on a bus and paid their fares. So they paid for their own deaths.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by smartkester(m): 7:53pm On May 06, 2017
YoungBlackRico:
This is so touching sad

©YBR
i tell you.. That was what captivated me to this thread.. That was a Good father.. That child will become great someday

4 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Erums(m): 7:53pm On May 06, 2017
Rip..... God have mercy... And in saying thankyou
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by obailala(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2017
When I hear about a head-on collision on the Lagos-Ibadan way, first thing that hits my mind is, what are the chances of a head-on collision on a dual carriageway?... and then I remember this is Nigeria where dual carriageways dont necessarily have dual carriages, no thanks to bad roads and perceptually 'ongoing' construction.

If only things like this can happen to political leaders and their families, but then, it's usually the ordinary masses that suffer these daily. undecided

RIP to the departed.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Ndkings1(m): 7:57pm On May 06, 2017
what a tragedy!
since buhari came on board, no single day would come and pass without a tragedy like this happening.
some of you will ask if I'm insinuating he's responsible for these but I can't say yes or no because the man is so evil.
he may not be responsible for these calamities and terrible deaths but his bad luck and evil omen is responsible for these. I can't seem to understand why someone would open their Mouth to say this Present government is doing good with all these happening.

may their souls rest in peace.....
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by jayloms: 7:58pm On May 06, 2017
I can't imagine the agony they must have passed through.. My God!! .... And our politicians think they'll go unpunished!! Anyways RIP to the dead!!
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by wealth231(m): 8:01pm On May 06, 2017
So touching fathers love
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Luizkid(m): 8:01pm On May 06, 2017
Frsc should look into the windows of these buses nowadays, they're so small anyone can hardly escape during emergency. This is just so sad, Preventable deaths everyday.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by madridguy(m): 8:08pm On May 06, 2017
This is so terrible. May Almighty God accept their soul.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by nwoye72: 8:08pm On May 06, 2017
May there soul rest in peace,but I'm still saying sesame thing.these drivers didn't attend proper driving school
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by leobrownish(m): 8:09pm On May 06, 2017
channels tv records 26, Nairaland records 36.... which do we bliv ?
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by just2endowed: 8:10pm On May 06, 2017
For a bus to collide, it means they were following one way. Now look at it. Who is to blame?the drivers who is over speeding, the frsc that could not control and set speed limit on a one way express lane? Or the federal government for there lack of constructing the road and endless awarding of ghost contract?
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Uzorgod(m): 8:13pm On May 06, 2017
A lone voice in the wilderness shouting "Amend your ways! For the kingdom of God is at hand".
RIP to the deceased.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by davicool: 8:14pm On May 06, 2017
God of mercy, have mercy on the family of d departed souls n give them perfect eternal rest. Amen
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by MrUmaRu(m): 8:14pm On May 06, 2017
if dis kain tin hapen, I dey tink; 'shay God gada badlok pipu put for one moto ni ?' But some prayyyyyy hard wit all sinserity bifo dey comot, and'again ... God sorry for rubbish wey i dey think
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by walezy85: 8:16pm On May 06, 2017
Luizkid:
Frsc should look into the windows of these buses nowadays, they're so small anyone can hardly escape during emergency. This is just so sad, Preventable deaths everyday.
hmmm it may not be the issue of small windows per say,during accidents most of the victims would have lost consciousness.to make it worst its head on collision that results to fire immediately chances of escaping is very small.may God almighty continue to protect us.Amen
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Hopez456(m): 8:16pm On May 06, 2017
I always get mad each time I am on that road. The contractor (RCC) handling the Ibadan end of the road should borrow a leaf from Julius Berger. They should divide the one way left for vehicles, it's dangerous vehicles facing themselves not even on that road notorious for daredevil tanker drivers.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by MrUmaRu(m): 8:17pm On May 06, 2017
just2endowed:
For a bus to collide, it means they were following one way. Now look at it. Who is to blame?the drivers who is over speeding, the frsc that could not control and set speed limit on a one way express lane? Or the federal government for there lack of constructing the road and endless awarding of ghost contract?

Oo gbon
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Obodo999(m): 8:23pm On May 06, 2017
That is why I believe more Ladies should be public transport drivers. Women are generally careful drivers and our roads will be much safer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies In Accident In Kogi After Collision With A Car (Graphic Pic) / Sheikh Abdulganiyu Nuraini & His Aides Drown In Kwara Flood (Video) / Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.