Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,261 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:40 PM

Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead (50763 Views)

Two BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Many Injured (Photos) / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video) / Trailer And Fuel Tanker Collide On Suleja-Minna Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Hopez456(m): 8:24pm On May 06, 2017
just2endowed:
For a bus to collide, it means they were following one way. Now look at it. Who is to blame?the drivers who is over speeding, the frsc that could not control and set speed limit on a one way express lane? Or the federal government for there lack of constructing the road and endless awarding of ghost contract?

The contractor handling that part of the road should be held accountable, several accidents have occurred over the past week due to one way diversion without division. this is not the case with J. Berger that divide it's own part, that gives no room for excess over speeding or overtaking. RCC should act fast it's becoming unbearable.

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by tunchi014(m): 8:25pm On May 06, 2017
D fragility of life, God av mercy.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by walezy85: 8:26pm On May 06, 2017
hmmmm,na only one seconds they betwn life & death oh
I saw to the two burnt buses while coming from camp today its pathetic,our driver was trying to brief us but I could not hear wat he is saying. I was like God na the same road wey I they travel naim this accident happen & anyone can be involved.calamities are just too rampant nowadays, @ Iwo rd a mini truck got burnt but was later extinguished by the help of the fire fighters.may his mercy& protection never depart our lifes in Jesus name.Amen RIP to the dead

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by MIMU(m): 8:27pm On May 06, 2017
R. I. P
I don't why some drivers they take alcohol before driving . when you start journey they will begin to sleep .
lastweek on my way from Abuja to ibadan before we reach lokoja the driver started sleep
NURTW ,FRSC and other agencies should take measures to control this act
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Obongawanesther(f): 8:29pm On May 06, 2017
may their souls rest in peace
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by ThierryJay: 8:35pm On May 06, 2017
Hopez456:
The contractor handling that part of the road should be held accountable, several accidents have occurred over the past week due to one way diversion without division. this is not the case with J. Berger that divide it's own part, that gives no room for excess over speeding or overtaking. RCC should act fast it's becoming unbearable.

I agree with you that the contractors are partly responsible as the diversions on to the one-way usually result in the head on collisions as seen in this case. What usually happens on the one-way is that the buses and smaller vehicles try to overtake the slower-moving tankers occupying both sides of the lanes. Sometimes there isn't enough space on the one-way to accommodate all of them vehicles overtaking, with no alternative to reverse once committed, the drivers then hope that the other oncoming vehicles somehow back-off, but then it's too late and the collisions occur. The drivers too should be more careful.

So sad 36 lives wasted just like that!

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by anyaekekehinde(m): 8:37pm On May 06, 2017
hardbody:

Such a pity. The baby will now be at least fatherless, and if both parents were in there, an orphan, possibly with no trace of any family anymore. When I do a maximum of 120km/h with a less than 2 years old Avensis newly purchased on that road, they overtake and sneer at me. I laugh and maintain my speed. Interestingly with all their zooming speed, we all meet at the old toll gate before you enter ibadan. Ditto the return journey, we all meet at the long bridge traffic before berger. Will they ever learn? Cutting people's destiny short. What baffles me most is that the passengers tacitly encourage them at least by keeping quiet. It is sad. I sorry for them, i don't generally type RIP but may their survivors be healed

That's the point, the passengers tacitly encourage them, that was how I was trying to correct one and the passengers were yelling at me. Boss even your Max on this Nigerian roads should be 100km and not 120km.

Most of these accident are totally avoidable, unnecessary death. It's best to drive oneself on Nigerian roads

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by agrovick(m): 8:38pm On May 06, 2017
just2endowed:
For a bus to collide, it means they were following one way. Now look at it. Who is to blame?the drivers who is over speeding, the frsc that could not control and set speed limit on a one way express lane? Or the federal government for there lack of constructing the road and endless awarding of ghost contract?

All the parties actually, the road in question scares me like crazy hence whenever I need to shuttle between Ibadan and Lagos I always ensure it's broad daylight.

The FG cos the road is currently under construction, hence you find vehicles moving in opposite directions plying the same road on some parts of the road. In this modern day and age, major repairs on major highways are not what we should be contending with but here we are.

Over speeding on the part of the drivers, there are some parts of the road that will tempt you to do a fast and furious and in a situation where vehicles moving in opposite directions are at top speed, things like this are bound to happen.

It's just sad though

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by kennydotkom(m): 8:38pm On May 06, 2017
tyup:
sometimes i'd sit down to think
I woke up today, was it my power?
I went out and come in back safely did I pay God anything?
I cross road and I jump happily I was quick was it my power I wasn't knocked down
hmmm this was the same lagos road I passed twice this year I did not die or was involved in an accident of a truth we all need to give God thanks and praises everyday of our lives
indeed God you're great and you're the almighty thank you for all you've done

U hv passed thru the road twince this year?? Me i ply the road every two two weeks. Infact i still pass there on thursday. Its God grace

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by hardbody: 8:41pm On May 06, 2017
anyaekekehinde:

That's the point, the passengers tacitly encourage them, that was how I was trying to correct one and the passengers were yelling at me. Boss even your Max on this Nigerian roads should be 100km and not 120km.

Most of these accident are totally avoidable, unnecessary death. It's best to drive oneself on Nigerian roads

Bro, i know it's 100km but the 20 km extra is to help me manage the madmen behind me. At that speed i could still apply my brakes within a safe distance and come to an abrupt stop if I have to. Thanks tho
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Lilimax(f): 8:42pm On May 06, 2017
leobrownish:
channels tv records 26, Nairaland records 36.... which do we bliv ?
26 or 36, the number is many! May God rest their souls Amen.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by CHARLOE(m): 8:48pm On May 06, 2017
dhardline:
Another 36 fallen. Now ask yourself... Why them? Where they the worst? Didn't they pray?

My dear brother and sister make out time to think deep about life don't be too shallow for there is a lot we are yet to know.
RIP
Exactly my tots. We're just lucky to be alive.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Shaev7(m): 8:49pm On May 06, 2017
This is a road I passed this morning at 11am. Lord have mercy. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by anyaekekehinde(m): 8:50pm On May 06, 2017
hardbody:

Bro, i know it's 100km but the 20 km extra is to help me manage the madmen behind me. At that speed i could still apply my brakes within a safe distance and come to an abrupt stop if I have to. Thanks tho
OK, I now understand Sir

I Didn't even consider some crazy ones behind that may hit one from behind
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by lagosrd: 8:51pm On May 06, 2017
All these transport company drivers should be properly checked and those animals that drive for the nurtw angle. You will not believe what they do with the vehicle once they are on the road and it's a single lane where you face the on coming vehicle. They just occupy the who road and you can least imagine what could be going on in their brain. See how they just killed those innocent people now. R. I. P to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Hopez456(m): 8:52pm On May 06, 2017
ThierryJay:

I agree with you that the contractors are partly responsible as the diversions on to the one-way usually result in the head on collisions as seen in this case. What usually happens on the one-way is that the buses and smaller vehicles try to overtake the slower-moving tankers occupying both sides of the lanes. Sometimes there isn't enough space on the one-way to accommodate all of them vehicles overtaking, with no alternative to reverse once committed, the drivers then hope that the other oncoming vehicles somehow back-off, but then it's too late and the collisions occur. The drivers too should be more careful.

So sad 36 lives wasted just like that!
You're very correct. Rcc should do something on time. I'm boiling here. I have witnessed several accidents due to this one way diversion without darmacation by RCC.
#RCCsaveoursoul#

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Hopez456(m): 8:59pm On May 06, 2017
kennydotkom:

U hv passed thru the road twince this year?? Me i ply the road every two two weeks. Infact i still pass there on thursday. Its God grace
Yours is better, I ply that road twice every week. I have seen enough, I'm now contemplating the railway mode.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by smartiyke78: 8:59pm On May 06, 2017
Life oh Life...... May dia souls rest in peace....

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Ijobaorun(m): 9:11pm On May 06, 2017
The same road my wife travelled two days ago. .. Thank you Lord.
R. I. P to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Ikology(m): 9:17pm On May 06, 2017
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by airmark(m): 9:22pm On May 06, 2017
That road is not wide at all considering the the huge traffic on it. Last time i traversed it, i was scared facing trailers.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by openmine(m): 9:30pm On May 06, 2017
Samirana360:
we should all get ready and prepare for death coz mr death must surely com somday...repent and give ur life to Christ...
RIP to d dead
as much as I want to believe every one will one day die,rather dan pushing d death button each time accidents occur,we sud rather ask the relevant authorities to do deir job properly and ensure dese recurring accidents are reduced.... 99% of accidents on our roads are caused by reckless driving....and am very sure d passengers were silent wen d respective drivers were over speeding...
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by wickedworld: 9:31pm On May 06, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Since baba tooked over bad bad things just dey waka for Nigeria

Seriously , since he took over most dead recors was ppl roasted alife. If nairaland can go back to lastyear record ,it was full of bad news car accident, ppl burn beyong recognition.

Too much burn bodies and terrible accident. Hope he is not reversing his dead by burning innocent ppl alife.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by lereinter(m): 9:31pm On May 06, 2017
Jehovah have mercy
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Adebowale89(m): 9:34pm On May 06, 2017
I had the same experience when I was traveling 2008 for my post ume. it was God that helped me. I jump out of the window and helped a lady down too before the door could even open, it was a sad experience really

funny enough it was night journey

I wish the victims a safe landing to heaven. lord pls accept their souls

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Dammyrosky(m): 9:43pm On May 06, 2017
RIP to the dead.
It is by the grace of God we are alive today. God almighty I bless and praise you for the breath of life. Psalm 150:6 says let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!!.

We should live our lives as if we will die anytime.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by brosammy(m): 9:48pm On May 06, 2017
Ooooo God Almighty, this too serious, 36 being burnt beyond recognition. R.I.P to them
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by mechanics(m): 9:49pm On May 06, 2017
All this death can be avoided if only the drivers are patient.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by just2endowed: 9:50pm On May 06, 2017
agrovick:

All the parties actually, the road in question scares me like crazy hence whenever I need to shuttle between Ibadan and Lagos I always ensure it's broad daylight.

The FG cos the road is currently under construction, hence you find vehicles moving in opposite directions plying the same road on some parts of the road. In this modern day and age, major repairs on major highways are not what we should be contending with but here we are.

Over speeding on the part of the drivers, there are some parts of the road that will tempt you to do a fast and furious and in a situation where vehicles moving in opposite directions are at top speed, things like this are bound to happen.

It's just sad though

The government is to blame in all this.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 06, 2017
so sad... may dia gentle souls RIP

Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by juman(m): 10:09pm On May 06, 2017
Jenjen betiele.

No good news in nigeria.
Re: Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead by Tstone1(m): 10:12pm On May 06, 2017
So sad! I saw it this morning while plying the road to Lagos and I must confess it was a gory sight. It just happened some minutes before I passed by. The incident really changed my mood today and I can't still get over it.
One funny thing was that the place was deserted this evening around 6:40pm as if nothing ever happened there! What a life; just a vapour that appears and disappears.

May their souls R.I.P!!!

So sad!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Enugu International Airport Terminal, 90% Complete / Welcome To Anambra State Thread:the Light Of The Nation / Police Officer Dies In Accident In Kogi After Collision With A Car (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.