Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,371 members, 7,850,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:04 PM

Who Is The Holy Spirit? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Holy Spirit? (2254 Views)

Does Anyone Really Have The Holy Spirit? / You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Peacefullove: 9:26am On May 13, 2017
bodysoul:

To clear all doubts you might have regarding the Holy Spirit, kindly read 1cor 2:10-14....i want you to read it with a clear mind.. .just assume that this is not an argument.

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God,

that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

1 John 5:7 reads: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one

Kindly read the NIV version for easy understanding.
I hope this clears your doubts

Open your eyes to the Bolded brown, If the spirit of God is a person, then it means the spirit of the world too is a person since both are directly contrasted ? grin grin

I cant stop laughing at ypur 1 john 5 vs 7 already flogged as one of the manipulations that exist in your bible smh , But see verse 8, Imagine a person, So called God the holy spirit been categorized with blood and water as witnesses, How does it sound to you , am sure blood and water are PERSONs TOo ?
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Peacefullove: 10:36am On May 13, 2017
Emusan:

Ok...

See how confused you are, your initial point was that because "IT" was used for the Holyspirit then it means He's not a person.

Yes. until you figure it out

Just see how absurd the BOLD sounds. You said "So its still right that IT doesn't denote a person." and you still went ahead to say "all this figures are given personality traits despite been an IT.

It's obvious that you're confused.

Besides, are you saying Holyspirit wasn't giving a personality trait in the Scripture

If you dont understand something ask; That those figures I mentioned are given personality traits despite been an IT doesn't mean they are persons, They were personified . sea, Love , Earth etc .

Even the same bible categorize this holy spirit with knowledge, purity , Love , kindness. ( 2 Cor 6 vs 6 ) smh a person indeed, am sure knowledge, purity and Kindness are persons too ?

Very funny, see answer below.

Reading this really shows that you lack scripture understand and it's evidently cleared that what you need is Bible study class not this unsound online jamboree.

God appeared in form of burning bush

Really ? MUST YOU LIE

"The angel of the LORD appeared to him in a
flame of fire from within a bush . He looked--
and the bush was ablaze with fire, but it was
not being consumed!" Exodus 3 vs 2

From WITHIN a bush is NOT different from Form of bush ?

grin grin grin who now lack understanding

and even if am to play along with your beautiful lie, We have cases of angels as specified above appearing in human form to futher prove their personalty not once not twice , SHOW ME ONE INSTANCE OF HOLY SPIRIT appearing in Human Body form since it could appear in the Body Form of a dove ?

Devil (Which is an angel) appeared in form of Snake

what a lame excuse.

Hahhahahahahha You mean Satan turned into the body form of a snake ? Wow, he must be moving with his belly right now since he was cursed grin ? tell me more

Moreover, If Satan is an angel as preached in Christianity .. then, There are various instances of angels appearing in the body form of Humans proving their personalty, Show me one single instance of holy spirit appearing in the body form of human since it could appear in that of a bird, dove ?

Holy spirit appeared in form of DOVE and Tongue of fire

DOVE indeed.

But never in human form shey ?

What is the different Does it mean that God and Devil are not a person?

Stop lying , It was an angel NOT God

secondly, The angel appeared in the midst of BUSH NOT form of Bush ... more plausible, Angels according to bible appeared in Human body form, no single instance of holyspirit.

Until you tell me if Devil actually turned into a snake body form grin grin grin . So we can know if The Christian Satan still moves with his belly.

From here, one can deduce that you failed to grab the symbolic representation of these appearances rather you focus on your perverted understanding by merely seeing the animal figure not the message they passed across.

¬God appeared to Moses in form of Burning Bush indicates that Moses is ready to be empowered and equip for a mission, Fire symbolises POWER
¬Devil appeared to Evil in form of Snake indicates that the deceiver has come, Snake symbolises poisonous and terrible thing.
¬Holy spirit appeared in form of DOVE indicates Jesus comes with peace and love, DOVE symbolises Peace and Love. Appeared in form of Tongues of Fire as an empowerment on the Apostles for a mission just as God did in case of Moses.

Evident amounts in the scripture that Holyspirit is a Person as He can
¬Hear (IS God talking to Himself)
¬Has a will
¬Speak
¬Has OWN initiative
¬Intercede for believers
¬Groan
¬be sinned against
¬Gives life e.t.c

Perhaps you'll say they are all personifications but let the truth of the scripture hit your mind.

Liar, God did not appear in form of a bush , who is gonna take you serious with all this lies ?

Lol, A person so insignificant that when Yeshua was asked if he knows when the end would come, So insignificant that Yeshua forgot to mention this person alongside Father, Son and the angels . person indeed!!!

Finally, the scripture makes it clear in 2 Corin 3:17-18 that "The Lord is THE SPIRIT"

wait , In Christianity there is one Lord Jesus , do you mean Jesus is. holy spirit ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 11:57pm On May 13, 2017
^^^
you talk often about others being confused,
but you sure are, you say spirit isn't person but thing
like earth sea etc

you have the Spirit of confusion, which is of the devil
you talk about the spirit of the world not being a person,
the spirit of the world is from satan

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

is God a thing or a person?
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 12:25am On May 14, 2017
God is a spirit:
Joh 4:24 God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.

Jesus Christ is that spirit:
2Co 3:17 And the Lord is that Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 12:43am On May 14, 2017
2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

^^^
we become the image of the Lord Jesus by the spirit of the lord Jesus,
even as He is the image of the Father.

Heb_1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 1:28am On May 14, 2017
bodysoul:

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

Peacefullove:

Open your eyes to the Bolded brown, If the spirit of God is a person, then it means the spirit of the world too is a person since both are directly contrasted ? grin grin

you should really stop telling people they are confused,
the spirit of the world is satan and his lot.

1Jn 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

2Co 4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 

Eph 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 1:40am On May 14, 2017
The Holy Spirit - the Spirit of Christ was in the Prophets:
1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 1:47am On May 14, 2017
God is Holy:
Psa_99:9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.

God is a Spirit:
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

duh, God is the Holy Spirit

God, is God and the Word:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God and the Word dwell in believers:
Joh_14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

double duh, God(God and the Word) is the Holy spirit, one God one spirit.

In the Bible the "Spirit of God" is the Holy Spirit,
God is a Spirit, the Spirit of God-the Holy Spirit, is God.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Peacefullove: 12:23pm On May 14, 2017
johnw74:
God is Holy:
Psa_99:9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.

God is a Spirit:
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

duh, God is the Holy Spirit

Brainless analogy, You can as well conclude holy spirit is an Angel too

Angels are Holy according to Bible

Angels are spirit according to Bible.

so using your derived analogy, Holyspirit must be an. angel . You agree ?

grin grin
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Peacefullove: 12:27pm On May 14, 2017
johnw74:

The Holy Spirit - the Spirit of Christ was in the Prophets:
1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

One of those Prophets is Moses, Yet that Spirit of Christ in him was Shared between him and some 70 men. imagine a person been shared . Use your brain
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 12:39am On May 15, 2017
Peacefullove:

Brainless analogy, You can as well conclude holy spirit is an Angel too

Angels are Holy according to Bible

Angels are spirit according to Bible.

so using your derived analogy, Holyspirit must be an. angel . You agree ?

grin grin

The diffrence is, those who have God's Spirit know He is not an angel.
you of course obviously cannot know.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 12:40am On May 15, 2017
Peacefullove:

One of those Prophets is Moses, Yet that Spirit of Christ in him was Shared between him and some 70 men. imagine a person been shared . Use your brain

You were blinded to the main point, the Holy Spirit is the spirit of Christ.
and yes we all, who have Him living in us, share in God,
you know nothing of that.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 12:45am On May 15, 2017
Confused peacefullove, you have been blinded and disbelieve the scriptures posted showing that the Holy Spirit is a person and is God.
Here are a few more scriptures for you to disbelieve, to your own peril:

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD

The Holy Spirit is Father God:

Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
^^^
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Father God, Father God is Spirit, the Holy Spirit is God.

And Father God gives believers another comforter (the Word):

The Holy Spirit is the Word:

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide
with you for ever;

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it
seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in
you.

@bold, Jesus is letting the Apostles know that He is the Holy Spirit-the word, in flesh: "he dwelleth with you", Jesus
dwelled with the Apostles, "and shall be in you"

Jesus said:
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

The Holy Spirit is God the Father and the Word, in other words the Holy Spirit is God - God and the
Word is God(John 1:1]:

Joh_14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my
Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Because God and the word is God, and God is the Holy Spirit, is why Jesus can be called:

Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his
shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting
Father
, The Prince of Peace.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Peacefullove: 12:58am On May 15, 2017
johnw74:

The diffrence is, those who have God's Spirit know He is not an angel. you of course obviously cannot know.
analogy gone bad!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Peacefullove: 1:08am On May 15, 2017
johnw74:

You were blinded to the main point, the Holy Spirit is the spirit of Christ.
and yes we all, who have Him living in us, share in God,
you know nothing of that.

Numbers 11 vs 25 .

" Then the Lord came down in the cloud and
spoke to him, and took some of the spirit
that was on him and put it on the seventy elders;
and when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied. But they did not do so again."

Took some of a person ? Use your brain, some of . and share among 70 men . well I dont expect someone like you to grab that. grin
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 1:21am On May 15, 2017
Peacefullove:

analogy gone bad!

grin grin grin grin

What else could you say after rejecting so much of the Bible
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 1:23am On May 15, 2017
Peacefullove:

Numbers 11 vs 25 .

" Then the Lord came down in the cloud and
spoke to him, and took some of the spirit
that was on him and put it on the seventy elders;
and when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied. But they did not do so again."

Took some of a person ? Use your brain, some of . and share among 70 men . well I dont expect someone like you to grab that. grin

Num 11:25  And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

God gave His Spirit to the seventy elders and they prophesied

you still confused

see there how God's spirit is the Holy spirit,
God is spirit, a person, and not a "it", oh blinded one.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Peacefullove: 1:34am On May 15, 2017
johnw74:

Num 11:25  And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

God gave His Spirit to the seventy elders and they prophesied

you still confused

see there how God's spirit is the Holy spirit,
God is spirit, a person, and not a "it", oh blinded one.

How did God gave his spirit ? HE TOOK OF/SOME OF the spirit that was upon Moses . SOME OF a person ?

grin grin grin Open your eyes
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 5:51am On May 15, 2017
Peacefullove:

How did God gave his spirit ? HE TOOK OF/SOME OF the spirit that was upon Moses . SOME OF a person ?

grin grin grin Open your eyes

Duh oh blinded one,
for instance God's spirit is in every faith given Christian, not just bits of His spirit in every christian:
Joh 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Father and the Word - the Holy spirit, come and live in the saved, not just bits of them come.

You pl, not being spiritually discerned don't understand things of the spirit,
for instance you don't know the difference between having God's Holy spirit
and having diffrent amounts of God's spirit when referring to knowledge,
the latter is given in diffrent measures, of course Jesus Christ was filled with the Spirit,
meaning filled with the knowledge of God.
It doesn't mean those having only a measure of God's spirit - knowledge, only have a peice of God's spirit in them,

God's Spirit is not in a lot of diffrent pieces and sizes cheesy
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Peacefullove: 7:23am On May 15, 2017
johnw74:

Duh oh blinded one,
for instance God's spirit is in every faith given Christian, not just bits of His spirit in every christian:
Joh 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Father and the Word - the Holy spirit, come and live in the saved, not just bits of them come.

You pl, not being spiritually discerned don't understand things of the spirit,
for instance you don't know the difference between having God's Holy spirit
and having diffrent amounts of God's spirit when referring to knowledge,
the latter is given in diffrent measures, of course Jesus Christ was filled with the Spirit,
meaning filled with the knowledge of God.
It doesn't mean those having only a measure of God's spirit - knowledge, only have a peice of God's spirit in them,

God's Spirit is not in a lot of diffrent pieces and sizes cheesy

Stop lying . You want to tell me what was shared between moses and the 70 men was Knowledge ? You too dey fall my hand with your stupid assertions , bits of the spirit NOT knowledge was taken from moses . Some of it. a person indeed!!

Can you Took some of johnw74 ? Or took some of Jesus Christ ?

I know you won't get it , After all u have said Holy spirit is the Father . Holy spirit is also the Word. What sensible thing should be expected from a directionless Person like you .
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Peacefullove: 7:39am On May 15, 2017
What is this one saying ?

johnw74:
^^^
you talk often about others being confused,
but you sure are, you say spirit isn't person but thing
like earth sea etc

you have the Spirit of confusion, which is of the devil
you talk about the spirit of the world not being a person,
the spirit of the world is from satan

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

is God a thing or a person?

From the above Spirit of the world is FROM satan. but Check the next post grin grin

johnw74:

you should really stop telling people they are confused,
the spirit of the world is satan and his lot.

1Jn 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

2Co 4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 

Eph 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

its now Satan , no more from Satan .

Can you now see you are the Confused one ? If you are not biased , with this evidence you would see the blue applies to you. grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by macof(m): 10:14am On May 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Who is the Holy Spirit? Is the Holy Spirit God? Is the Holy Spirit the Third Person of the Trinty?

The Holy spirit is the author of all confusion

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On May 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Who is the Holy Spirit? Is the Holy Spirit God? Is the Holy Spirit the Third Person of the Trinty?

Receive illumination on who the Person of the Holy Spirit is:

https://www.gotquestions.org/who-Holy-Spirit.html
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 15, 2017
Dear Brothers in the Lord, it is of great importance to know and understand the word of God. Our Understanding of the word of God Differs due to our different levels of Faith. Our God is not an author of confusion. Let us learn to be just and honest in what we preach or say. It is okay to accept what we don't fully understand instead of bringing confusion to others.
Bible says. Those that long and thirst after righteousness Shall be filled . Note:Those that are longing. Please let us be mindful of what we say.

@ Mr peacefullove. I appreciate your followups.
I feel as if you are the type of person that used to or want to serve the Lord but you want to understand why you have to. You seem to argue a lot,not because you love to but because you want to be convinced. This is my own assumptions and I may be very wrong.. But in case I'm not,, try and understand that, for
the fact that someone cannot explain properly doesn't mean they don't know.
We all have experienced this before . so please keep on seeking for understanding Until you are satisfied. May God Help you.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 11:14pm On May 15, 2017
Peacefullove:

Stop lying . You want to tell me what was shared between moses and the 70 men was Knowledge ? You too dey fall my hand with your stupid assertions , bits of the spirit NOT knowledge was taken from moses . Some of it. a person indeed!!

Can you Took some of johnw74 ? Or took some of Jesus Christ ?

I know you won't get it , After all u have said Holy spirit is the Father . Holy spirit is also the Word. What sensible thing should be expected from a directionless Person like you .

Ha ha, yes like I said, the Father is the Holy Spirit:
Mat 10:20  For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. 

And the Word is the Holy spirit:
Joh 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 
Joh 14:17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 

Father and the Word is the Holy Spirit:

Father and the Word is God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God(Father and Son) is the Holy spirit, but you pl have been blinded.

Are you among the biggest duh's here pl? smiley

Like I said, you have no idea of things of the spirit, no knowledge and no understanding,
and of course your absence of knowledge and understanding equals your absence of the Holy Spirit.

More confusion from pl, just a couple:

Peacefullove:

I cant stop laughing at ypur 1 john 5 vs 7 already flogged as one of the manipulations that exist in your bible smh , But see verse 8, Imagine a person, So called God the holy spirit been categorized with blood and water as witnesses, How does it sound to you , am sure blood and water are PERSONs TOo ?

Peacefullove:

If you dont understand something ask; That those figures I mentioned are given personality traits despite been an IT doesn't mean they are persons, They were personified . sea, Love , Earth etc .

Even the same bible categorize this holy spirit with knowledge, purity , Love , kindness. ( 2 Cor 6 vs 6 ) smh a person indeed, am sure knowledge, purity and Kindness are persons too ?

Really ? MUST YOU LIE

"The angel of the LORD appeared to him in a
flame of fire from within a bush . He looked--
and the bush was ablaze with fire, but it was
not being consumed!" Exodus 3 vs 2

From WITHIN a bush is NOT different from Form of bush ?

grin grin grin who now lack understanding

and even if am to play along with your beautiful lie, We have cases of angels as specified above appearing in human form to futher prove their personalty not once not twice , SHOW ME ONE INSTANCE OF HOLY SPIRIT appearing in Human Body form since it could appear in the Body Form of a dove ?

what a lame excuse.

Hahhahahahahha You mean Satan turned into the body form of a snake ? Wow, he must be moving with his belly right now since he was cursed grin ? tell me more

Moreover, If Satan is an angel as preached in Christianity .. then, There are various instances of angels appearing in the body form of Humans proving their personalty, Show me one single instance of holy spirit appearing in the body form of human since it could appear in that of a bird, dove ?

DOVE indeed.

But never in human form shey ?

Stop lying , It was an angel NOT God

secondly, The angel appeared in the midst of BUSH NOT form of Bush ... more plausible, Angels according to bible appeared in Human body form, no single instance of holyspirit.

Until you tell me if Devil actually turned into a snake body form grin grin grin . So we can know if The Christian Satan still moves with his belly.

Liar, God did not appear in form of a bush , who is gonna take you serious with all this lies ?

Lol, A person so insignificant that when Yeshua was asked if he knows when the end would come, So insignificant that Yeshua forgot to mention this person alongside Father, Son and the angels . person indeed!!!

wait , In Christianity there is one Lord Jesus , do you mean Jesus is. holy spirit ? grin grin

cheesy
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 11:35pm On May 15, 2017
Peacefullove:
What is this one saying ?

From the above Spirit of the world is FROM satan. but Check the next post grin grin

its now Satan , no more from Satan .

Can you now see you are the Confused one ? If you are not biased , with this evidence you would see the blue applies to you. grin grin grin

ha ha, yes the spirit of the world is from satan,
and yes the spirit of the world is satan.

Do you know satan is also a spirit,
oops, no you don't know.
satan is the god of this world, satan is the spirit of this world,
his spirit is in many children of disobedience, isn't it?
his spirit is in the world, the spirit of this world is satan, he is a spirit.

And you keep telling others they are confused and lying,
you are talking about yourself.

smiley
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 11:46pm On May 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Receive illumination on who the Person of the Holy Spirit is:

Who is the Holy Spirit?

Question: "Who is the Holy Spirit?"

Answer: There are many misconceptions about the identity of the Holy Spirit. Some view the Holy Spirit as a mystical force. Others understand the Holy Spirit as the impersonal power that God makes available to followers of Christ. What does the Bible say about the identity of the Holy Spirit? Simply put, the Bible declares that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also tells us that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, a being with a mind, emotions, and a will.

The fact that the Holy Spirit is God is clearly seen in many Scriptures, including Acts 5:3-4. In this verse Peter confronts Ananias as to why he lied to the Holy Spirit and tells him that he had “not lied to men but to God.” It is a clear declaration that lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God. We can also know that the Holy Spirit is God because He possesses the characteristics of God. For example, His omnipresence is seen in Psalm 139:7-8, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.” Then in 1 Corinthians 2:10-11, we see the characteristic of omniscience in the Holy Spirit. “But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.”

We can know that the Holy Spirit is indeed a divine person because He possesses a mind, emotions, and a will. The Holy Spirit thinks and knows (1 Corinthians 2:10). The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30). The Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27). He makes decisions according to His will (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). The Holy Spirit is God, the third Person of the Trinity. As God, the Holy Spirit can truly function as the Comforter and Counselor that Jesus promised He would be (John 14:16, 26, 15:26).

Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 5:27am On May 16, 2017
peacefullove, these are from just some of your posts,
on just this one page:

Peacefullove:

grin grin

Peacefullove:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin .

grin grin

Peacefullove:

grin grin

Peacefullove:

grin grin grin grin

Peacefullove:

grin grin grin

Peacefullove:

grin grin

grin grin grin

such a girly one

cheesy
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03am On May 16, 2017
johnw74:

Who is the Holy Spirit?

Question: "Who is the Holy Spirit?"

Answer: There are many misconceptions about the identity of the Holy Spirit. Some view the Holy Spirit as a mystical force. Others understand the Holy Spirit as the impersonal power that God makes available to followers of Christ. What does the Bible say about the identity of the Holy Spirit? Simply put, the Bible declares that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also tells us that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, a being with a mind, emotions, and a will.

The fact that the Holy Spirit is God is clearly seen in many Scriptures, including Acts 5:3-4. In this verse Peter confronts Ananias as to why he lied to the Holy Spirit and tells him that he had “not lied to men but to God.” It is a clear declaration that lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God. We can also know that the Holy Spirit is God because He possesses the characteristics of God. For example, His omnipresence is seen in Psalm 139:7-8, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.” Then in 1 Corinthians 2:10-11, we see the characteristic of omniscience in the Holy Spirit. “But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.”

We can know that the Holy Spirit is indeed a divine person because He possesses a mind, emotions, and a will. The Holy Spirit thinks and knows (1 Corinthians 2:10). The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30). The Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27). He makes decisions according to His will (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). The Holy Spirit is God, the third Person of the Trinity. As God, the Holy Spirit can truly function as the Comforter and Counselor that Jesus promised He would be (John 14:16, 26, 15:26).

Good job! smiley
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 6:59am On May 16, 2017
God, the Word Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit

For eyes that can see:

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 

Job_33:4  The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Gen 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Psa 33:6  By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 

John 1:1 Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 2:02am On May 17, 2017
Ananias and Sapphira
Act 5:1  But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 
Act 5:2  And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 
Act 5:3  But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 
Act 5:4  Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God
Act 5:5  And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 
Act 5:6  And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. 
Act 5:7  And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. 
Act 5:8  And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. 
Act 5:9  Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. 
Act 5:10  Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. 
Act 5:11  And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things. 

Ananias and Sapphira were members of the Church, they sold a posession,
and as was the custom in the church at that time was to share each others money
for the benefot of all, however Ananias and Sapphira decided to keep some of the money
and not tell Peter and the other Church members, they also thought that God residing in them would not know also,
they learnt just before their deaths that they cannot fool God.
Lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God, verses 3 and 4.
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 2:05am On May 17, 2017
Mat_12:31  Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat_12:32  And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

You can blaspheme even Jesus Christ(the Word of God as a man) and it will be forgiven you,
but whoever speaks against the Holy Ghost(God is a Spirit, John 4:24, the Holy spirit), it shall not be forgiven him.

"but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him"
does that sound like the Holy Ghost is a thing, a impersonal power, an "it",
those speaking against the Holy Ghost calling Him an "it" etc, will they be forgiven?
it doesn't appear so according to scripture,
have they secured for themselves a place in the Lake Of Fire?
it appears so from scripture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Catholics Say This / The Wise Sayings Of Luwabi: A Moral Man Of The Yoruba Land / Shocking: Pope Requests Roman Catholic Priest Be Given Right To Marry

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.