Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? (10235 Views)

Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? / Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Holds Church Service, Dares Government On Lockdown / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dances With His Wife During Church Service. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Exturzee(m): 7:37am On May 07, 2017
As religious as our country might be, In Fact home to some of the biggest church names in the world (RCCG, LFC, SYNAGOGUE) it has not guaranteed this nation economic or political bliss.

Church services are known to be very very long, our Orthodox brothers would understand, being one myself, I have over the years become immune to long services.

The youths no longer want to spend more than an hour and thirty minutes in church.

Is this a bad trend considering the Bible said we should keep the Sabbath Day Holy, or have short services where some worshippers arrive only just to share grace taken over..

let's hear our views...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by samutd4u(m): 7:43am On May 07, 2017
atlast after 3years
FTC

i dedicate this for all the catholics all over the world

Am a Catholic

23 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by eezeribe(m): 7:52am On May 07, 2017
None of my business

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 7:54am On May 07, 2017
As for me, I can't stand it . Church service should be 3 hours max

10 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Basildvalour(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2017
The church as of old could spend hours in God's presence and would still want more.

These days, you will see churches conducting 3-4 services in a day and one service could last as short as 1hour:15minutes.

There, some youths just come to look around and showcase the contents of their wardrobe and when you take a good look, you will notice that those kinds of places are where our youths love to worship.

Don't get me wrong though, impartation of the word of God still exists there but in that little time, everything done would be allocated a little share of the time, therefore, in depth impartation of the word would be missing.

Old gatherings as it is still seen in The Apostolic Church, Assemblies of God Church, Divine Nature Christian Fellowship, etc. where time is always not too important still remain the better option to grow in the word in the midst of your Christian brethren.

Happy Sunday.

10 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Exturzee(m): 8:27am On May 07, 2017
thaikun15:

some would argue against your 3 hours as too long

16 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Exturzee(m): 8:30am On May 07, 2017
Basildvalour:
The church as of old could spend hours in God's presence and would still want more.

These days, you will see churches conducting 3-4 services in a day and one service could last as short as 1hour:15minutes.

There, some youths just come to look around and showcase the contents of their wardrobe and when you take a good look, you will notice that those kinds of places are where our youths love to worship.

Don't get me wrong though, impartation of the word of God still exists there but in that little time, everything done would be allocated a little share of the time, therefore, in depth impartation of the word would be missing.

Old gatherings as it is still seen in The Apostolic Church, Assemblies of God Church, Divine Nature Christian Fellowship, etc. where time is always not too important still remain the better option to grow in the word in the midst of your Christian brethren.

Happy Sunday.

The orthodox gatherings are loosing members, even though they have an in depth structure of service, I just wonder if a middle ground can be found

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by ElsonMorali: 8:30am On May 07, 2017
People now spend the whole day on Sunday in Church from one activity to the other. I think people should go and read and understand the way Sabbath was practised in the days of old.

It is supposed to be a day of REST!

13 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Topxcel: 8:39am On May 07, 2017
2hours + 30min church service is OK. Sometimes when there is plenty activities service tends to b extended
Its sweet to be in d presence of God.

1 Like

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Basildvalour(m): 8:45am On May 07, 2017
Exturzee:

The orthodox gatherings are loosing members, even though they have an in depth structure of service, I just wonder if a middle ground can be found
The loss in membership shouldn't be worrisome. Serving God is a choice and where you do it is also your decision to take but l am afraid that many who leave do it for the wrong reasons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by mexxmoney: 9:01am On May 07, 2017
If there is a genuine reason why the service should be long, no probs but if we just clog it up with meaningless religious ceremonies then it is of no use. Better to spend thirty quality minutes in His presence than spending three hours observing cumbersome religious ceremonies without any spiritual benefit

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by olumaxi(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2017
Very bad.....even a footbal match is 90minutes

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by TVTKOKO(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2017
The reason why I'm thinking of changing the church i attend.. They can waste your time with some irrelevant things eh,, imagine going to church as early as 8am on empty stomach and returning by 1pm..

6 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by daudayodeji1(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2017
Basildvalour:

Happy Sunday.
They spent so much time in Gods presence and Nigeria is still like this? Hmmmmm

13 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by AntiWailer: 9:38am On May 07, 2017
Very Baaaaad
Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by olabrad: 9:38am On May 07, 2017
It is not by the length. It is by what happened in your lifebduring the period.

7 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:39am On May 07, 2017
The problem is not the duration but tangible gains during that durations.

Alot of people come empty and goes back empty undecided

While long duration have also created cracks or problems in some marriages.

By the time the husband comes home and he is hungry, he manages to get something to eat but if it keeps occurring, He becomes so angry and changes it for the woman!

The next thing, the woman via the church would say he is a demon undecided

No be so! There is TIME FOR EVERYTHING!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:41am On May 07, 2017
I know ayam not entitled to comment buh ah no like loooooooooooooooooong time service fah.. undecided undecided
Na the quality of time spent matter most, no b quantity wink

1 Like

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Nigeriadondie: 9:41am On May 07, 2017
Long church service is useless. If u observe what makes it long are unnecessary things many of which are uncalled for like narrating long tales by sunlight called testimonies, repetitive prayers, cajoling of gullible followers into paying tithes and offerings to sow seed and narrating long tales how one imaginary brother donated his everything including his pants and got breakthroughs that feteched a well of dollars, claiming and disclaiming portions, endless binding and casting of demons, villages witches and wizard often blamed for one's economic woes rather than the very useless government. Whereas in Europe where people no even know the road to church no demons to bind or cast. They are not like us chasing shadows by blaming one witch or demon for problems but failed government policies. As the church multiplies so evil multiples. All our leaders claim to be christians. Some even vote along such lines, he is christian or he is not chrisitan yet it wud not prevent the hypocrites from embezzling eg Rev Jolly Nyame former Taraba governor is a clergy yet d theif embezzled so much. Current governor of Benue is a pastor but look at the mess Benue is in apart from Fulani attack.

8 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Rhrose: 9:42am On May 07, 2017
It's not good, it's not bad it's B O R I N G!!!
Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:42am On May 07, 2017
But you can see a season movie for 7hours without been bored.
thaikun15:
Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by clems88(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2017
Well I think some pastors deliberately prolong services at times , they repeat one thing again and again . if the spirit leads to have service 30 minutes ,it isn't bad.

1 Like

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by Brillantman: 9:44am On May 07, 2017
For me, 90 mins max
Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by lordcornel(m): 9:45am On May 07, 2017
I personally don't like it especially when d main activities has finished and they come up with collections upon collections, acting drama, one thing here another there.

5 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by bakynes(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2017
daudayodeji1:

We all know Nigeria is a religious country but it's people are not Godly. Immediately people leave Church or mosque, they put off their religious garner and put on their wicked garment and continue in the world.

That's why a country like Britain or America that go to church once or twice a year but are Godly in nature prosper.

1 Like

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2017
No amount of time spent in God's presence is too long. Some guys can watch all EPL matches scheduled from 12:30 - 6:30 while some ladies can see a season movie for 6hours without been bored.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by clems88(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2017
daudayodeji1:

who are the they? If pastor join politics now you will be the first to castigate them .
Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by sakalisis(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2017
cool
Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by SEYILIGHT(m): 9:47am On May 07, 2017
It's fantastically terrible.

1 Like

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by justicejay(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2017
no matter how glorious the service is, it get boring when it getting longer.
Though am a Baptist and am already used to it.
nevertheless I can spend 24hrs in church once it's all about praising God.

2 Likes

Re: Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? by jericco1(m): 9:52am On May 07, 2017
Cele no be here if you no get patience you fit vex spit for church out of frustration. Their own dey like party. Dem dey even cook.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! / How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.