Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Fareed Or Abdul Fareed. Which Is Correct - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fareed Or Abdul Fareed. Which Is Correct (1617 Views)

The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best / 14 Most Common Mistakes During Salaah And How To Correct Them / Nigeria Comes 2nd In King Abdul Aziz Al'saud International Qur'anic Recitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fareed Or Abdul Fareed. Which Is Correct by ismail0007(m): 8:04am On May 07, 2017
Salaam alaykum brothers and sisters pls I need you to assist to shed more light on this. I just named my son Fareed and some Alfas are claiming that the name is too powerful that I need to add Abdul to it while others said it's okay as Fareed and I'm so confused. Please assist. Jazakumullahu khayran
Re: Fareed Or Abdul Fareed. Which Is Correct by Yusuf001(m): 8:20am On May 07, 2017
If it is among the 99 names of Allah then Abdulfareed is the proper name.

3 Likes

Re: Fareed Or Abdul Fareed. Which Is Correct by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:09am On May 07, 2017
ismail0007:
Salaam alaykum brothers and sisters pls I need you to assist to shed more light on this. I just named my son Fareed and some Alfas are claiming that the name is too powerful that I need to add Abdul to it while others said it's okay as Fareed and I'm so confused. Please assist. Jazakumullahu khayran

wa alaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh.

Bro, Farid is not one of the names of Allah hence it needs no Abdul.

It can mean unique, matchless or precious as Farid.

As Faridudden, it can mean the unique of the religion i.e. Islam.

And Allah knows best.

3 Likes

Re: Fareed Or Abdul Fareed. Which Is Correct by Newnas(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

And Allah knows best.

JazaakaLLaahu khayraa.

However, it's worthy of note that: The scholars have listed names that something-deen as one of the disliked (not prohibited) names. So it's better not to give ones child such names.

2 Likes

Re: Fareed Or Abdul Fareed. Which Is Correct by Demmzy15(m): 8:26pm On May 07, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

And Allah knows best.
Masha'Allaah, as bro new'nas said, something-deen is disliked. It was said Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah disliked it whenever he's called "Taqiudeen"

2 Likes

Re: Fareed Or Abdul Fareed. Which Is Correct by Newnas(m): 10:07pm On May 07, 2017
Demmzy15:
Masha'Allaah, as bro new'nas said, something-deen is disliked. It was said Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah disliked it whenever he's called "Taqiudeen"

And imam was reported to have said that whoever calls him Muhyideen, he doesn't pardon him. Meaning he disliked the name too.

And I heard that Dr SharafDeen in Ogbomosho -may Allah preserve him upon goodness- said his own name too is not exempted from the dislike.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Quran Recitation (translated) / Jazakallah Khairan To The Nairaland Muslim Community / Nigeria Youths Kill Several Muslims During Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.