Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? (1081 Views)

To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? / Does Money Change People? / Does Chastity Ensure Marital Happiness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? by sosexy111: 3:13pm On May 07, 2017
Answer: Yes and No..

Eccles 7 vs 12; For Wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.
Luke 12 vs 15: And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consists not in the abundance of the things which he possesses.

The imagination of an ideal marriage planned by an individual is as follows;

: AGE OF MARRIAGE : specified time he or she decides to get married. Then proceeds to

: WORK AFTER SCHOOL and then

:MARRIAGE

:ARRIVAL OF THE FIRST BABY

: SECOND BABY FOLLOWS

:and probably the THIRD one after which they then
: RELAXES

and continue forging ahead positively and raising the kids.

Who should be responsible for catering for house needs?

Answer; It depends on the family.

Men should not feel intimidated or inferior that their wives are sometimes responsible for handling finances in the home because she may be the best person to budget, plan and sort out how to make family budget without wasting finance. And also that is the reason why she is your helping hand and half of you.

Your wife should always be a co signature to your accounts aside the joint account likewise the man being the signatory to his wife's accounts though you would keep your cheque. After all, one day one person must leave and the other takes it all. money matters should be handled maturely and transparently.

Avoid too much expenses that exhausts the family finance, example of where a wife buy too many clothes both needed and the non needed ones on CREDIT or the husband spending much on drinks especially alcoholics and other things, plus too many friends during constant outing.

Synergy: bring up ideas and discuss together towards managing the home finances.

Conclusively, do not allow money matter to bring division, separation and disrespect in your home, don't think you married the wrong person because of money. Always plan and budget ahead for the family and not spend unnecessarily too.
Re: Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? by kratoss(m): 3:34pm On May 07, 2017
Re: Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 07, 2017
Yes
Re: Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? by yvesboss(m): 5:54pm On May 07, 2017
True talk...i just had a discussion with my friend who drives a car and his gfriend earns far more than him...she bothers him about loads of expense and this overwhelms him...on enquiry, i discovered he is not open to her as regards his income and i advised him he made a mistake because she sees the car and believes the guy earns the world...my advise..make her know yur income at least cuz ladies are wired to be better planners than guys.

3 Likes

Re: Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? by Kondomatic(m): 5:59pm On May 07, 2017
yvesboss:
my advise..make her know yur income at least cuz ladies are wired to be better planners than guys.
Guy no try am oo.

Let her know about 60-70% of what you earn.
Re: Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? by yvesboss(m): 6:06pm On May 07, 2017
Kondomatic:
Guy no try am oo.

Let her know about 60-70% of what you earn.

No be lie..at least..so that she can plan on that .. not a situation where she knows nothing and thinks you are billionnaire just because you sacrifice a lot to make her happy

1 Like

Re: Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 07, 2017
Money doesn't bring happiness, how the couple handles financial issues is what will bring happiness. Some couples don't know each other's pay, some do...
Everybody should know his/her partner and act accordingly.

We have a joint account but I'm not a signatory to my husband's account(s). I don't even know his ATM pin, he reminds me every time and complains a lot about it _I am not just interested at all.
Re: Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 07, 2017
Money matters whether you are married or not.

1 Like

Re: Money Matters In Marriage; Does Money Bring Marital Happiness? by Bisjosh(f): 6:18am On May 08, 2017
Money is very essential in any relationship.

Whether married or not. Both parties should be able to spend for themselves. Not a parasitic one.

I dunno where women learned to be stingy. Sometimes, spend on your man too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Attend To First.. Partner Or Child? / Clothes For The Family - UNBELIEVABLE PRICES - Clearance Sale / Does A "Fake It Till You Make It" Attitude Toward Life Actually Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.