Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,412 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Importance Of Survey Plan - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Importance Of Survey Plan (10256 Views)

The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan / How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged / New Price Of Survey Plan In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 5:26pm On May 07, 2017
Survey Plan:

This to me is the most important document From the start you must ask for from the omonile, agent or family that intends to sell the land/property to you.

This survey plan is what i would carry to the Surveyor Generals office/ physical planning district office within that place to go and do a geographical search (charting) on first. No matter how cheap or beautiful or strategically located a land or property is, once that property has been discovered to be designated for Government use in future (land fall within govt acquisition), there is no point going any futher to purchase it. It will be a very foolish risk to attempt to defile the government and say nothing would happen, at least there are so many houses around or so many people have bought their own and nothing has happened.

Well for those who are conversant with Townplanners no nonsense approach in maintaining the master plan of Lagos, once your property is within that area that has being designated for Future Government use, no matter how long maybe its in the year 2023, the plan must be carried out accordingly and your property will go down without any form of compensation because you failed to do the right thing by throwing caution to the wind. Examples include the 8 Lane Dual Carriage Way in Badagry that all the houses that were on that land were demolished, All the houses in Alimosho local Government that were near pipe lines, The ones in Idiroko, The houses in ijegun etc! In fact remind me of the ones you know.

Also in Lekki Ajah, its even worse because there are some areas that have been specially acquired by the government for over 20 years and its just now that the government is trying to recover its lands. These areas is what is known as COMMITTED LANDS. Once an area has been designated as Committed, it is the ultimate no go area abeg. Thats where they committ the area for Road expansion, future government estates or Government Reserved areas For Major Developments. As long as that Property is designated as Committed or under acquistion, it is only the Government of the day that can revoke it and anybody buying into those areas are buying at their own mega risk. Dont for once look at the houses around there as your guide to mean the government cannot demolish those houses, you would be shocked that the owners have 4 or 5 houses and can do away with that one and poor people like me and you that have no mouth to fight government will just be rendered homeless because of our stuborness to buy at all cost there.

Remember you know where the shoe pinches and how much you have in your pocket. This is 2017. Plan to save more money than to throw it away foolishly. Wink

The other option from Government is that if they choose not to demolish your house because it is sited on a committed land, they will end up giving you the option to come and pay Ratification.

Ratification in this sense means your going to pay Government the full price and taxes it determines to be the cost of that place and its non negotiable. So imagine you bought the land in 2015 for N2Million in a committed area and in 2017, you now have to pay ratification also known as "Rat" at the cost of N5Million to the Government. Does that make any financial sense to you? Imagine all the fears, rumours, prayers that you would be going through so that those caterpillars dont come your way and when they decide not to demolish, they now ask you to pay Ratification, triple or quadruple the amount you bought it and remember the Omonile or Agent you bought it from is no where to be found and if Found, would not in this life time refund or assist you in any way.

Finally another advantage of the Survey Search is that if the land has been designated for Agricultural Purpose, you would know in advance. Its is mostly prevalent in Ikorodu, Badagry and Growing Rural Areas that are just cropping up. Buying into a place designated for Agric is a major no-no! Except you Want Your immediate neighbours to be Cows, Fisheries and probably Obasanjo's Chicken farmers! Unless it has been designated for Residential or Mixed Development Avoid it please.

The summary is that the Survey Plan Search saves you alot of head ache at first before you even move ahead. And once you meet an Omonile or Agent who is extremely difficult with you in terms of not providing the survey plan on demand for search please my brothers and sisters, walk away quietly. The signs are already there for you to know your about to be scammed. A survey plan is a public document and not a private cheque book, so you shouldnt be bamboozled by people who tell you that the owner doesnt want to release it because of security reasons. Trust me there is no reason. As long as he is ready to sell, that is the first thing you get from them to know your status before proceeding.

www.egcandassociates.org.ng

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 8:32am On May 08, 2017
Survey plan

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by unipol(m): 9:14am On May 08, 2017
Which office investigat survey plan?
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 10:43am On May 08, 2017
unipol:
Which office investigat survey plan?

Surveyor generals office or any town planning disctrict office where d land is located

1 Like

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by unipol(m): 12:06pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=shams040 post=56317630]

Surveyor generals office or any town planning disctrict office where d land is located[/quote

Is building approval from town planning authority the same as survey plan investigations??
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by unipol(m): 12:07pm On May 08, 2017
shams040:

Surveyor generals office or any town planning disctrict office where d land is located

Is building approval same as survey plan investigations?
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 5:51pm On May 08, 2017
unipol:

Is building approval same as survey plan investigations?

Noooo, bt in each townplanning office der is a surveyor incharge of survey plan issue
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by shams040(m): 6:04am On Jun 02, 2017
ok
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 02, 2017
Insightful..

A PARCEL OF DRY LAND MEASURING 1950sqm or THREE
(3) PLOTS OF LAND. FENCED AND GATED IN A SERENE
ENVIRONMENT.
Suitable for Schools, Hospital, Church or Other Religious
Buildings and Corporate Office(s).

MainOne Cables Data Centre)
TITLE: Governor's Consent

PRICE: #45M (asking price)
Call/WhatsApp: +2348138718647; +2348023480776
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Obito555(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2017
Contact me for structural and architectural design
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by soleexx(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2017
Tell me more
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by paulchineduN(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2017
With or without survey plan, I don build my bungalow and am living in it without survey and it's importance

1 Like

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Arian11(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2017
interesting
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:29am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by PqsMike: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2017
Nice piece
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by danemenike: 7:31am On Jun 02, 2017
Good post.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by trendyupdates: 7:31am On Jun 02, 2017
Correctly written. survey plan is very important. It should not be taken for granted. How to apply for aitel Nigeria recruitment 2017
http://trendyupdates.com.ng/how-to-apply-for-airtel-graduate-recruitment-2017-apply-now/
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 02, 2017
Many land buyers do ignore survey plan..
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Brugo(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
Good information.

Always check to know the status of the land you intend to buy. When government comes calling they won't hear "I didn't know".
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 02, 2017
shams040:
The search with provided survey plan at the town planning office, is this something I can do myself or do I have to engage the services of a registered surveyor?

Also, what about lands already bought, what is the process of getting a survey plan for this? Deed has already been done.
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by ajabani4allah(m): 7:37am On Jun 02, 2017
shams040:
Survey Plan:

This to me is the most important document From the start you must ask for from the omonile, agent or family that intends to sell the land/property to you.

This survey plan is what i would carry to the Surveyor Generals office/ physical planning district office within that place to go and do a geographical search (charting) on first. No matter how cheap or beautiful or strategically located a land or property is, once that property has been discovered to be designated for Government use in future (land fall within govt acquisition), there is no point going any futher to purchase it. It will be a very foolish risk to attempt to defile the government and say nothing would happen, at least there are so many houses around or so many people have bought their own and nothing has happened.

Well for those who are conversant with Townplanners no nonsense approach in maintaining the master plan of Lagos, once your property is within that area that has being designated for Future Government use, no matter how long maybe its in the year 2023, the plan must be carried out accordingly and your property will go down without any form of compensation because you failed to do the right thing by throwing caution to the wind. Examples include the 8 Lane Dual Carriage Way in Badagry that all the houses that were on that land were demolished, All the houses in Alimosho local Government that were near pipe lines, The ones in Idiroko, The houses in ijegun etc! In fact remind me of the ones you know.

Also in Lekki Ajah, its even worse because there are some areas that have been specially acquired by the government for over 20 years and its just now that the government is trying to recover its lands. These areas is what is known as COMMITTED LANDS. Once an area has been designated as Committed, it is the ultimate no go area abeg. Thats where they committ the area for Road expansion, future government estates or Government Reserved areas For Major Developments. As long as that Property is designated as Committed or under acquistion, it is only the Government of the day that can revoke it and anybody buying into those areas are buying at their own mega risk. Dont for once look at the houses around there as your guide to mean the government cannot demolish those houses, you would be shocked that the owners have 4 or 5 houses and can do away with that one and poor people like me and you that have no mouth to fight government will just be rendered homeless because of our stuborness to buy at all cost there.

Remember you know where the shoe pinches and how much you have in your pocket. This is 2017. Plan to save more money than to throw it away foolishly. Wink

The other option from Government is that if they choose not to demolish your house because it is sited on a committed land, they will end up giving you the option to come and pay Ratification.

Ratification in this sense means your going to pay Government the full price and taxes it determines to be the cost of that place and its non negotiable. So imagine you bought the land in 2015 for N2Million in a committed area and in 2017, you now have to pay ratification also known as "Rat" at the cost of N5Million to the Government. Does that make any financial sense to you? Imagine all the fears, rumours, prayers that you would be going through so that those caterpillars dont come your way and when they decide not to demolish, they now ask you to pay Ratification, triple or quadruple the amount you bought it and remember the Omonile or Agent you bought it from is no where to be found and if Found, would not in this life time refund or assist you in any way.

Finally another advantage of the Survey Search is that if the land has been designated for Agricultural Purpose, you would know in advance. Its is mostly prevalent in Ikorodu, Badagry and Growing Rural Areas that are just cropping up. Buying into a place designated for Agric is a major no-no! Except you Want Your immediate neighbours to be Cows, Fisheries and probably Obasanjo's Chicken farmers! Unless it has been designated for Residential or Mixed Development Avoid it please.

The summary is that the Survey Plan Search saves you alot of head ache at first before you even move ahead. And once you meet an Omonile or Agent who is extremely difficult with you in terms of not providing the survey plan on demand for search please my brothers and sisters, walk away quietly. The signs are already there for you to know your about to be scammed. A survey plan is a public document and not a private cheque book, so you shouldnt be bamboozled by people who tell you that the owner doesnt want to release it because of security reasons. Trust me there is no reason. As long as he is ready to sell, that is the first thing you get from them to know your status before proceeding.

Is there any way we can detect by ourselves from the survey plan that the land has been designated for government use without going to survey general?
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by propertynigeria: 7:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Nice
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by SIRKAY98(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2017
Are we to give them money to do d Survey for us or they will gve us....because some are saying i should pay 40,000 for them to do me a survey plan
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by davodyguy: 7:43am On Jun 02, 2017
Rubbish.

Keep recycling survey Plan thread every other week.

There are many untreated topics in real estate that are more important than survey Plan
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by adexbols: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2017
GOOD JOB OP AD THE MODS. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST FPs IN RECENT TIMES. PLEASE, LET'S HAVE ORE OF EDUCATIVE POSTS AS SUCH THAN THE BSD NEWS/IMAGE

shams040:
Survey Plan:

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by adexbols: 7:45am On Jun 02, 2017
davodyguy:
Rubbish.

Keep recycling survey Plan thread every other week.

There are many untreated topics in real estate that are more important than survey Plan

Pls state them so the experts could deal with hem
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by davodyguy: 8:06am On Jun 02, 2017
adexbols:

Pls state them so the experts could deal with hem

lol. Experts? Really.

I want an expert to discuss on Insurance, as well as IFRS Valuation for secured lending.

Also how Technology affects Plant and Machinery Valuation.

1 Like

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by money121(m): 8:12am On Jun 02, 2017
Ok
Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by donviso(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2017
http://120under40.org/nominee/elvis-okolie

Good morning Beloved.

Please, I m one of the nominees for *120under40* Family Planning Award. This is an initiative of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to recognize young Family Planning Champions.

Please I need your vote.
♻ Using either a Google Chrome, Firefox, or any strong browser (opera is not fast)
♻ Click the link
♻ Register on the platform with your email (Gmail is faster)
♻ Search for "ELVIS"
♻ Vote for nominee✅

God bless you as you help with this.
Have a nice day. I LOVE NAIRALAND AND I NEED EVERYONE'S SUPPORT..

Re: Importance Of Survey Plan by survtony(m): 8:25am On Jun 02, 2017
If the land is in lagos. That will be a provisional survey, and sometimes they come without original coordinates/bearing. What you can do if the owners don't have a survey plan, contact a surveyor to do a charting for you, he will know what to do and the charge is low. Never give the land seller money for survey,vthey can give you a doctored survey plan or chart.
SIRKAY98:
Are we to give them money to do d Survey for us or they will gve us....because some are saying i should pay 40,000 for them to do me a survey plan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy: Granite,marble And Tiles From Major Importer In Nigeria. / Still Thinking Of Living At Lekki? Check Out Photos. Man Vs Nature / Achitect Needed To Draw Building Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.