Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful (53501 Views)

Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures / Bauchi State: A Land Of Tourism And An Amazing Serene - Photos / Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by uglyafonja: 1:12pm On May 09, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Its in Ondo wink possibly the 4th largest town in the state following Akure, Ondo and Owo

Keep quiet..... your comparing Abakalike... the least city in SE to Akure.. you should be ashamed of yourself...

Below is Abakalike.... show me any SW state with this kind of inner streets with tall buildings..
This is not a major roads...it is an inner street

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by achi4u(m): 2:54pm On May 09, 2017
Freeman50:
Are you sure or damn sure? Am sure you don't know what u are saying...bring it on ask other people that are familiar with that & thank me later.

seems am the only that had noticed such.
You are right. Only that pic.
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by achi4u(m): 3:54pm On May 09, 2017
uglyafonja:

Keep quiet..... your comparing Abakalike... the least city in SE to Akure.. you should be ashamed of yourself...

Below is Abakalike.... show me any SW state with this kind of inner streets with tall buildings..
That's Afikpo Road. That stone house is owned by Katoka, besides Afikpo Road no even fine... Please show them /us Onwe Road, Old Enugu Road along stadium, Ezza Road, hill-top Road in fact there many but a lot still needs to be done.
If we are lucky to have another foresighted Governor after Dave then the sky will be our starting point.

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Oxtonguy: 4:04pm On May 09, 2017
uglyafonja:

Chump, there is different between Ikare and Akure, what I compare with Abakaliki is Ikare not akure. Ikare ondo 4th city. Shame undecided

Ikare

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by uglyafonja: 4:34pm On May 09, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Chump, there is different between Ikare and Akure, what I compare with Abakaliki is Ikare not akure. Ikare ondo 4th city. Shame undecided

Ikare

Imagine how you are embarrassing yourself.....
I showed you where the common man lives in Abakalike and you are showing me 1school and a house.....claiming Ikare...

If akure town looks this way how will I believe the pics you just showed

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by wilfrik200(m): 5:17pm On May 09, 2017
uglyafonja:

I showed you where the common man lives in Abakalike and you are showing me 1school and a house.....claiming Ikare...

Hello Mr. Man, stop fooling yourself. Abakaliki has more modern structures compared to those cities you cited.
Do yourself some good and travel out of your enclave. Yorubas generally think the eastern part of the country is underdeveloped.

2 Likes

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by ImpressionsNG: 11:36am On May 10, 2017
You'd have to visit Abakaliki to see things for yourself. It's an incredible city by any measure. Tranquil, rapidly developing, restrained, peaceful, and quite simply an oasis of blissful serenity in Nigeria's generally chaotic social space. I'd say it's one of the best cities to live in Nigeria, if quality of life and safety is of paramount importance to you.

The story of this underrated city has not even started to be told yet.

http://www.impressions.ng/abakaliki-is-the-most-liveable-city-in-nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by TroubleDude: 9:07pm On May 11, 2017
went to their stadium today ...d work going on at the stadium is really tremendous.... its gonna be the best in the South east ....

N/Bpls dnt quote me... i don't like arguing

3 Likes

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Oxtonguy: 9:52pm On May 11, 2017
uglyafonja:

Unfortunately non of the pictures are Akure
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by akanuson: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2017
Austinoiz:
Abalikiliki still remains Abakiliki in my mind and eyes. In Imo here, we rate them below average.
be smart my friend respect Ur people we are all one
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by londoner: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2017
Ebonyi is okay, Not as bad as people claim it to be anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by judgedredd22(m): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
Amarabae:
Ebonyi has the lowest monthly allocation in Nigeria after Zamfara.
Their monthly allocation is not Up to 1billion Yet they are trying and coming up!
Kudos to them, God bless them.

you see why i like you... if no be say dem don kolobi you ehn.. grin grin grin

your husband is a lucky guy, i swear! cool
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by judgedredd22(m): 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
ijayebonyi:
That's my state

we know now!! haba!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by uglyafonja: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
Praise night at Abakaliki air-conditionined stadium

2 Likes

Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by akanuson: 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
This governor is on track
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by kwyllancy: 9:58am On Sep 08, 2017
Evaberry:

I would love to go for a vacation, can u give me ur gmail so I communicate with u, ask questions about hotels to stay etc
[quote][/quote]

Feel free to contact me also @ michaelwhyte730@gmail.com
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Danladi7: 9:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
post=56318659:

Abakilike is far better than Ado Ekiti, Akure, Osogbo and Abeokuta
Igbos are free to believe that to compesate for their inferiority complex
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Danladi7: 8:08am On Sep 17, 2017
post=56318659:

Abakilike is far better than Ado Ekiti, Akure, Osogbo and Abeokuta
yoruba will allow igbo to believe that to compensate for their inferiority complexgrin
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by uglyafonja: 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
Danladi7:
yoruba will allow igbo to believe that to compensate for their inferiority complexgrin

Show us the pics of the above mentioned SW cities or forever remain quiet
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Danladi7: 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
uglyafonja:

Show us the pics of the above mentioned SW cities or forever remain quiet
yIGBO people have been using pictures to defraud since 1900.Even a toddler knows to place picture of London slum beside Aguleri GRAgrin
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by OreMI22: 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
uglyafonja:
Abakalike... the salt city

I have never seen the Akanu Ibiam flyover in daylight.

All the pictures are always taken at night with the multiple colored lights for special effects. Knowing that politicians always have something to hide, i am begging those around AI to snap and post the daylight pictures of the flyover.
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by uglyafonja: 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
OreMI22:

I have never seen the Akanu Ibiam flyover in daylight.

All the pictures are always taken at night with the multiple colored lights for special effects. Knowing that politicians always have something to hide, i am begging those around AI to snap and post the daylight pictures of the flyover.

I will post it soon
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Ken4agent(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ebonyi is the only peaceful State in the South east.....
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 28, 2017
Where can one unwind at nights with hookers in Abakiliki?
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Akpasomething: 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
uglyafonja:
Abakalike is the capital of ebony state.....it is popularly called A.I..
The city is beautiful and with so many fun creating arena....
The city is endowed with nice hotels..
A golf city
Beaches and shopping mall,eateries.etc..
The city glitters at night....with three elegant flyovers, nice road network and beautiful buildings....
I love it when I visited over the weekend...you can't just get enough of this city....
A city with nice people and hardworking....

This are the few pics I took when I visited over the weekend...
I really had fun

Bro.. Which part of Abakiliki will you recommend to someone looking to settle in Abakiliki..

Emphasis on Light, Water and security
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by TroubleDude: 1:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
Akpasomething:

Bro.. Which part of Abakiliki will you recommend to someone looking to settle in Abakiliki..

Emphasis on Light, Water and security
waterworks will be fine
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Akpasomething: 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
TroubleDude:
waterworks will be fine

What's your assessment of the area opposite FETHA2

Aguogborika or something.. Klasson hotel area
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by TroubleDude: 2:13am On Mar 18, 2018
Akpasomething:

What's your assessment of the area opposite FETHA2
Aguogborika or something.. Klasson hotel area
I dunno about that
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by IFEBARBIE: 11:42am On May 13, 2018
TroubleDude:
waterworks will be fine

Waterworks? Is not that road that leads to DSS office, where the tarred road ends? I lived somewhere around there for 2 years. From 2013 - 2015. My score card, light - 0, water ( dry season) = 0, water( after rainfall) = 0, people (accommodating) = 0, road (as at then)=0, the day I was transferred to another state, we left the 3rd day. If there is land available at onwe Rd it's better. There should be an agency to orientate the people to stop vain competitions for superiority and love themselves and visitors as well. In all, with the present govt, the state has potentials for greatness
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by TroubleDude: 7:16pm On May 13, 2018
IFEBARBIE:

Waterworks? Is not that road that leads to DSS office, where the tarred road ends? I lived somewhere around there for 2 years. From 2013 - 2015. My score card, light - 0, water ( dry season) = 0, water( after rainfall) = 0, people (accommodating) = 0, road (as at then)=0, the day I was transferred to another state, we left the 3rd day. If there is land available at onwe Rd it's better. There should be an agency to orientate the people to stop vain competitions for superiority and love themselves and visitors as well. In all, with the present govt, the state has potentials for greatness
bro this is 2018... that was then ... onwe road is cool too... or maybe hill top
Re: Abakaliki, The Salt City, Serene And Beautiful by Ohaozara: 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2019
Bede2u:
The only Igbo woman who hates Igbos with passion. Ofcourse we know that u are not really Igbo and neither are u a woman. So if u can lie about little things like these, one wonders what else u might be lieing about while defending APC and Buhari
He did his service at Ebonyi State and the only good thing he could take there is the name of their popular deity; Ngene Ukwenu. But I assure him that Ngene Ukwenu (the feared Arusi) will visit him with rage someday if he refused to refrain from his....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri / Musa Nuhu Visits Anambra International Airport Project Site (Pictures & Video) / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.