Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview (998 Views)

Sufiyyah / Envy Is A Quick Path To Ruin / A Quick Guide For Muslim Women Starting Off In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Newnas(m): 9:17am On May 08, 2017
BismiLLaahir Rahmanir Raheem

The Sufis from the inception were a set of people with very good intentions but they were equally extremely ignorant people. They were a people who had great zeal for worship but they were not interested in seeking knowledge of the Deen before trying to practice it.

The scholars always tried to call them to order but they always refused claiming that the people of knowledge are only finding excuses for their laziness. Just like many deviants today regard the people of knowledge to be weaklings who forbid terrorism because of their laziness and cowardice.

When the fitnah (killings and unrest) in the ummah became very hot, some people out of the fear of falling into it secluded themselves from the people and went into asylum, they decided to wear nothing but "soof" a kind of woolen non flamboyant material.

They decided to continue worship in seclusion till they reached the peak of piety.
But Shaitan laid ambush for them, he made them disregard the people of knowledge and forget that any worship that is not in line with the sunnah of the Prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam is misguidance because he alyhissolaat wassalaam is the one who perfected worship in every aspect of it and non can ever be more guided than him. The more you follow him alyhissolaat wassalaam the more guided you are and vice versa.

So they fell for this trap and strived in worship without knowledge or guidance until they started innovating several misguidances like claiming that they attained a rank of merging with Allah (al-hulool) -may Allah forbid- after worshipping him for some time. And they established some steps and procedures to follow on this their journey of "merging" which neither the prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam nor Abu Bakr,Umar, Uthman or Ali rodiyaLLaahu anhum embarked on.
They named these procedures and steps of rituals "tariqah" meaning path (to Allah or salvation or whatever).

Then they started innovating other terminologies like mureed (disciple) for the trainee willing to attain hulool and they came up with their innovated principle that:
the mureed in the hand of his sheikh is like a corpse in the hand of the one cleaning him. This principle implies that one doesn't ask for evidence or proof for whatever your sheikh does.

They based this principle on the fact that Khadir asked Musa not to ask him any questions. But they are ignorant of the fact that Khadir is a prophet and thus received revelations. But their sheikhs were not.

Then Shaitan used baseless principle to put them into the mess of extremism in loving, praising and obeying their sheikhs till they were bold enough to raise many of their sheikhs to the level of prophethood.

Some of their extreme sects raise their sheikhs to the level of divinity thereby making them associates with Allah. We ask Allah for safety.

This extremism caused arrogance and pride to grow in the hearts of their sheikhs till many of them claimed several types of nonsense such as some of them saying that they are higher in rank than the prophets because the prophets Alyhimussalam receive revelation from Allah through angels, but the waliyy (in Sufi term means sheikh who has merged) communicates directly with Allah. Till many of them claimed that they have knowledge of the unseen and are capable of giving and taking life, giving and holding rain, rewriting the Qadar (Devine predestination) of a person.

Then from this arrogance and pride was born recklessness in following lusts, this made them claim that the Sheikhs are not under any legislation and are free to contradict any law of the shariah as much they wished.

Their proof for this is that once lover meets his beloved, whatever wrong he does is overlooked by his lover. But the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam was the most beloved to Allah, and he observed Solah, fast and hajj till his death alyhissolaat wassalaam.

So whatever they do Allah -as they claim- will pardon them because they have merged with him. This made them legalize adultery, alcohol, incest, abandoning Solah, music and many other atrocities for themselves.

But, it is the sunnah of Allah that whoever abandons knowledge will not achieve what he seeks. So the Sufi people faced worship and cut themselves off from the people of knowledge. This dragged them into a maze of mess and misguidances and they are unable to retrace their footsteps to guidance.

So, the matter is as Imam Barbahaariyy said in Sharh Sunnah:

And beware of the (seemingly) small bidah (innovations), Because the small innovation continues until it becomes big. So also is every innovation (that was) innovated into this ummah, it's beginning was small resembling the truth, so the one who fell into it was deceived by that and was never able to break loose from it. Then it became big and turned into a religion that is practiced then it contradicted the right path and went out of Islam.

We ask Allah for safety

1 Like

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by abatisegun: 12:07pm On May 08, 2017
Amin jazakum ALLAH khearan
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Newnas(m): 1:12pm On May 08, 2017
Aameen wa iyyaak
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Empiree: 8:21pm On May 08, 2017
Op,

The ONLY WAY you can successfully refute sufi "lack of knowledge" according to your copy paste is to SINCERELY answer this question. Just ONE question. If you answer it sincerely, your op is crumbled and refuted. That's, you refute yourself.

Here is my question

In a sufi populated Nigeria, with bunch of sufi scholars, and especially growing up in the 80s and 90s, could you please tell us who taught you (newnas) Islam up until you adopted outlandish ideology?

Thank You

1 Like

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Newnas(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2017
Empiree:
Op,

The ONLY WAY you can successfully refute sufi "lack of knowledge" according to your copy paste is to SINCERELY answer this question. Just ONE question. If you answer it sincerely, your op is crumbled and refuted. That's, you refute yourself.

Here is my question

In a sufi populated Nigeria, with bunch of sufi scholars, and especially growing up in the 80s and 90s, could you please tell us who taught you (newnas) Islam up until you adopted outlandish ideology?

Thank You

Firstly, you should seek Allah's forgiveness for saying what you have no knowledge of.
I wrote this post myself and it's a very brief summary of my knowledge of sufiyyah.

Allah says:

Surah Al-Isra, Verse 36:
وَلَا تَقْفُ مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ إِنَّ السَّمْعَ وَالْبَصَرَ وَالْفُؤَادَ كُلُّ أُولَٰئِكَ كَانَ عَنْهُ مَسْئُولًا

And follow not (O man i.e., say not, or do not or witness not, etc.) that of which you have no knowledge (e.g. one's saying: "I have seen," while in fact he has not seen, or "I have heard," while he has not heard). Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those you will be questioned (by Allah).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 28:
وَمَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَإِنَّ الظَّنَّ لَا يُغْنِي مِنَ الْحَقِّ شَيْئًا

While they have no knowledge thereof. They follow but a guess, and verily, guess is no substitute for the truth.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

If you want to insist that what you claimed about the post being copy and paste is truly correct then present the source I copied from!

If not then I recite this verse unto you:

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 24:
فَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلُوا وَلَن تَفْعَلُوا فَاتَّقُوا النَّارَ الَّتِي وَقُودُهَا النَّاسُ وَالْحِجَارَةُ أُعِدَّتْ لِلْكَافِرِينَ

But if you do it not, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Newnas(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2017
As for your claim that the Sufi people taught me Islam and so on.

This is not a proof for you rather it's a proof against you.

Firstly, I lived a life of almost no religion before I began practicing the sunnah. No Islam except Eids and maybe jumuah.

Secondly, even those Sufi sheikhs, who taught them the little Islam that they have erroneously diluted with innovations, isn't it the pious predecessors i.e the sahabah rodiyaLLaahu anhum and those who followed them.

The case of your Sufi sheikhs is as Allah described the people of the book in the Quran

Surah Maryam, Verse 59:
فَخَلَفَ مِن بَعْدِهِمْ خَلْفٌ أَضَاعُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَاتَّبَعُوا الشَّهَوَاتِ فَسَوْفَ يَلْقَوْنَ غَيًّا

Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salat (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salat (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times, etc.] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

So the people of sunnah are the ones who are the basis, every other path is a fabrication.

So, I have done nothing but return to the pristine Islam and not dumbly follow people's desire.
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Empiree: 10:59pm On May 09, 2017
Thank you but the verses you quoted can be thown right back at you
Newnas:

Firstly, you should seek Allah's forgiveness for saying what you have no knowledge of.
I wrote this post myself and it's a very brief summary of my knowledge of sufiyyah.

Allah says:

Surah Al-Isra, Verse 36:
وَلَا تَقْفُ مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ إِنَّ السَّمْعَ وَالْبَصَرَ وَالْفُؤَادَ كُلُّ أُولَٰئِكَ كَانَ عَنْهُ مَسْئُولًا

And follow not (O man i.e., say not, or do not or witness not, etc.) that of which you have no knowledge (e.g. one's saying: "I have seen," while in fact he has not seen, or "I have heard," while he has not heard). Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those you will be questioned (by Allah).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 28:
وَمَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَإِنَّ الظَّنَّ لَا يُغْنِي مِنَ الْحَقِّ شَيْئًا

While they have no knowledge thereof. They follow but a guess, and verily, guess is no substitute for the truth.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

If you want to insist that what you claimed about the post being copy and paste is truly correct then present the source I copied from!

If not then I recite this verse unto you:

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 24:
فَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلُوا وَلَن تَفْعَلُوا فَاتَّقُوا النَّارَ الَّتِي وَقُودُهَا النَّاسُ وَالْحِجَارَةُ أُعِدَّتْ لِلْكَافِرِينَ

But if you do it not, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
You all speak ill of a man that passed away some 40yrs. You talk trash about sufis that brought you up. You consider them not knowledgeable yet they opened schools and madrasas throughout the country. Could ignorant people open schools and teach students?. What is that if that's not knowledge?. Truly, you might not copied this nonsense you wrote but it is same tone, same wordings same allegations brought forth by some of your shuyik and ustaz. I listened to their trash on Youtube.

Let me tell you something, eran(meat) awon waliy, eewo ni. Their meat is tabboo for anyone who speaks ill of them. Meaning, they are not to be mocked. Let's take Sheikh Niyas(ra) for example. I am not aware of his contemporaries that called him "alhu bid'a". Sheikh Adam(ra), Sheik Kamal(ra) and all those shuyuk in Nigeria, west africa and north africa, none of them spoke ill of this man, yet, you people who i consider his great great grandsons and daughters are here in 2017 to tell us he was misguided?. Dont you think that's very odd and silly?. Why do you think i should take you people serious if great shuyukh did not takfir Sheikh niyas?. So kindly show me unanimous negative opinion of the Sheikh.

1 Like

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Empiree: 11:18pm On May 09, 2017
Newnas:

Firstly, I lived a life of almost no religion before I began practicing the sunnah. No Islam except Eids and maybe jumuah.

Secondly, even those Sufi sheikhs, who taught them the little Islam that they have erroneously diluted with innovations, isn't it the pious predecessors i.e the sahabah rodiyaLLaahu anhum and those who followed them.

Alhamudulilah for being serious with islam now.

But you can pretend and tried to shift my question. Guess what, I have always been religious from age 5. Taught tawheed at age 5 by my grandpa who was zumra section of sufi. Walahi eyin people yi e mo oore at all. So tell me how you gonna teach me islam when, in fact, you just woke up from your slumber to "sunnah"?. Do you know how my dad was so strict about us praying fard salat?. My grandpa taught almost entire people in the city keu for free and all those great rich men like Balogun subomi (philanthropist) and Bayo Kuku of ijebu. Adekunle Ajasin and many more were taught islam by my grandpa who was sufi. Iya to ma je eyin salafi kids yi nbo lono.

Walahi, i am not taking you people serious. I thank God you confessed you used to be nominal muslim. I am and was always a devoted muslim. So keep ranting about sufis are ignorant. I know that trash is coming from paid salafis-saudi stooges. I listen to their nonsense all the time. Anyways, you really make my day for saying you were never serious about islam. You only prayed eld and jummah. But if i missed prayer, my father would beat the holy crap out of me. Now, all of a sudden you found sunnah?. Fantastic!. I know bunch of other cohorts of yours used to be like you.

I am telling you again that i have always been religious. Got scared if i missed salat. Thats how i was trained. So you want to teach me islam now?. Go ahead sir. I did not learned directly from Sheikh Adam(ra) but i learned from his students. The very same day the Sheikh passed away in 92, we were in class and we closed early to honor him. I always came 2nd in regular exams and first on any competitions throughout my ile-keu. So teach me what i dont know sir. All you people just copy copy on internet and you call that "knowledge"? haba!

And since you claimed you "follow" sahaba, can you tell us if sahaba understood khidr(as) a prophet?. You are really a "one eyed" fellow.

Run along sir

1 Like

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Empiree: 1:08am On May 10, 2017
Newnas:

The case of your Sufi sheikhs is as Allah described the people of the book in the Quran

Surah Maryam, Verse 59:
فَخَلَفَ مِن بَعْدِهِمْ خَلْفٌ أَضَاعُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَاتَّبَعُوا الشَّهَوَاتِ فَسَوْفَ يَلْقَوْنَ غَيًّا

Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salat (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salat (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times, etc.] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

So the people of sunnah are the ones who are the basis, every other path is a fabrication.

So, I have done nothing but return to the pristine Islam and not dumbly follow people's desire.
You attributing false interpretation to the ayah sir. This is not what it means. The ayah means EXACTLY the way you used to live i:e you abandoned obligations of Islam. You only prayed Eld and once in a while you prayed jumah. The ayah perfectly discribes you. I'm sure during your jahil period as nominal Muslim i was steadfast on Islam.

After you lost in duniya for yrs, you now "found" sunnah while sufis built up Islam in Nigeria that you and your ppl want to destroy. That's interesting. You should realize that you refuted yourself shocked
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Empiree: 3:55am On May 10, 2017
"Sufis have no knowledge"

"Sufis dont seek knowledge"

"Sufis are innovators"

Yet, it takes knowledge to get to this level cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2017
Empiree:
"Sufis have no knowledge"

"Sufis dont seek knowledge"

"Sufis are innovators"

Yet, it takes knowledge to get to this level cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are a big empire of error!

Does this prove anything? Does the exam test piety? Aqeedah?

Continue with your mysticism and let us be!
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Empiree: 4:29pm On May 11, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

You are a big empire of error!

Continue with your mysticism and let us be!
Pain! weiting konsan me with your kobo kobo questions?. They did tests or exams and the result came out to prove you wrong that only you and your likes have knowledge cheesy grin O ya, go and challenge their panel of justices and asked them these kuestions of yours grin cheesy`
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by AlBaqir(m): 7:01pm On May 14, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

See this troglodyte talking as if piety is anybody's birth right. Only Allah knows the status of piety of every individual. And only Him judge in that sense.

As per exams, that's a scholarly test and your BOKO haramist shuyukh did not disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Demmzy15(m): 7:42pm On May 14, 2017
AlBaqir:

[s]
See this troglodyte talking as if piety is anybody's birth right. Only Allah knows the status of piety of every individual. And only Him judge in that sense.

As per exams, that's a scholarly test and your BOKO haramist shuyukh did not disappoint.[/s]
Baqir to the rescue!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:30pm On May 14, 2017
AlBaqir:

As per exams, that's a scholarly test and your BOKO haramist shuyukh did not disappoint.

I think you are closer to boko haram than us. if you guys can slice yourselves and cover yourselves in blood on every Muharram 9/10, u are the boko haram. Its in you.
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Empiree: 9:33pm On May 14, 2017
^^^

stay on topic. Dont derail
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2017
Empiree:
^^^
stay on topic. Dont derail
Who would you have supported before? You never saw him mention boko haram?
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Empiree: 3:04am On May 15, 2017
cool cool cool cool cool Deal With It cheesy
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by AlBaqir(m): 4:16am On May 15, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

I think you are closer to boko haram than us. if you guys can slice yourselves and cover yourselves in blood on every Muharram 9/10, u are the boko haram. Its in you.

# Well for the record shia don't practice tatbir. It has nothing to do in our fiqh to say the least.

# However, for argument sake lets say shia practice it; at least it is their body they are harming not others. Unlike your brothers in madhab: the boko Haram, ISIS, AL-QAEDA et al. These are known Salafist following the dictate of grand patrons of terrorism in Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Abdulwahab.

They kill mercilessly and sporadically. I will rather cut myself than killing innocent lives.

1 Like

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:12am On May 15, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Well for the record shia don't practice tatbir. It has nothing to do in our fiqh to say the least.

# However, for argument sake lets say shia practice it; at least it is their body they are harming not others. Unlike your brothers in madhab: the boko Haram, ISIS, AL-QAEDA et al. These are known Salafist following the dictate of grand patrons of terrorism in Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Abdulwahab.

They kill mercilessly and sporadically. I will rather cut myself than killing innocent lives.

So any muslim that claims his killings is from the sunnah is from the sunnah? This yourlogic is childish to say the least.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Demmzy15(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2017
AlBaqir:

[s]# Well for the record shia don't practice tatbir. It has nothing to do in our fiqh to say the least.

They kill mercilessly and sporadically. I will rather cut myself than killing innocent lives.[/s]
Aren't you tired of repeating this nauseous argument? It's lame, primitive and stup'd!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by AlBaqir(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

So any muslim that claims his killings is from the sunnah is from the sunnah?

# If that is the case why do you refused to disowned father of terrorists like Ibn Abdulwahab who killed sporadically and without mercy with the support of his tyrannical allies like the British Empiree and Ibn Saud?

There's no difference between the present BOKO Haram, ISIS and their father terrorists above.

1 Like

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Demmzy15(m): 10:51am On May 15, 2017
AlBaqir:

[s]# If that is the case why do you refused to disowned father of terrorists like Ibn Abdulwahab who killed sporadically and without mercy with the support of his tyrannical allies like the British Empiree and Ibn Saud?

There's no difference between the present BOKO Haram, ISIS and their father terrorists above.[/s]

Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Empiree: 11:32am On May 15, 2017
Hummm, gradual derailment. Staying on topic would be awesome.

Lol at "British Empire.e"
Re: Sufiyyah: A Quick Overview by Newnas(m): 8:02am On May 27, 2017
Empiree:
Op,

Here is my question

Thank You

This is a flimsy argument.

I also attended a Christian school and I think my Christian background is stronger than my Muslim background.

Tell me, should I also avoid being sincere with Christians by telling them that their religion is a joke and misguidance because they trained me and brought me up and most of the civilization I enjoy today is through them?!

Surah An-Najm, Verse 22:
تِلْكَ إِذًا قِسْمَةٌ ضِيزَىٰ

That indeed is a division most unfair!
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

EID Mubarak Images And EID Mubarak Wishes / 4 Apps You Should Download This Ramadan / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.