Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1251311 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vhickky(f): 8:55am On Oct 22, 2017
jasmine1147:

Is your brother in Nigeria or Australia?
If he's in Nigeria... gaining admission into a school have nothing to do with Humanitarian visa

If he's in Australia... thats a different issue
The school will only ask him for one - if he applied for admission and they ask for he's visa status and he told them he have a humanitarian visa.

So ask your brother why he was asked for one
he is in Nigeria, he probably made a mistake somewhere in filling the application form then.....thanks a lot for taking time to explain

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
vhickky:
he is in Nigeria, he probably made a mistake somewhere in filling the application form then.....thanks a lot for taking time to explain
Humanitarian Visa is for genuine Refugee

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kingbukaz: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
vhickky:
Jasmune1147, has done justice your question. You need to ask your brother. No one can give you the right answers without knowing the information he gave to the school.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
abdullahi45:
Good evening Gurus in the house.

I have some inquiries to make please;

How do i get referral code/note from my prospective schools in Australia, when I tried applying via BCIE they ask of my referral code/note and they told me if i don't have it, i will have to pay 75K. Help please?

Also can I apply for admission and secure admission to Australian Universities without using the school agents? I hope applying myself won't delay the process?

Can someone help me with some list of schools in Australia that doesn't require Application fees?

?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by STAugustineOf13(m): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
vhickky:
good day everyone..... please how can a humanitarian visa be gotten, my brother was asked to get one for the processing of his admission... what's the best way to go about this....thanks in anticipation of your help..

This right here is garbage, where is that your brother?.
He should be drilled before answering his question.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
HonNellymike12:

Change to 2years course sharply, no time to waste

Is PR residence only available to 2yrs Msc.. What about 1 yr or 1.5yr Msc?

What about if you are scared and you are not sure you will be able to afford the tuition fee and living expenses for 2yrs... What can one do? What is the trick?

If one sponsor only has like 10m to sponsor someone and the tuition fee alone is like 50,000 AUD (I.e 14m) for the 2yrs... What can one do?

Australia is too damn expensive.. I don't know what to do again. Please advise...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by STAugustineOf13(m): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
abdullahi45:

Is PR residence only available to 2yrs Msc.. What about 1 yr or 1.5yr Msc?

What about if you are scared and you are not sure you will be able to afford the tuition fee and living expenses for 2yrs... What can one do? What is the trick?

If one sponsor only has like 10m to sponsor someone and the tuition fee alone is like 50,000 AUD (I.e 14m) for the 2yrs... What can one do?

Australia is too damn expensive.. I don't know what to do again. Please advise...

Your definitely not paying at once.
So i believe and have done at a time.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lordjayabs: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
Please is they anyone here who applied to RMIT? i will to know how long it took you to get admission in that school. I applied three weeks ago and yet to have my application being assessed on the online portal
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
JewelStone:
I've gotten heaps of pms since my last post about social work degrees. I'm terribly sorry, I can't respond to each pm cos I'm very busy at the moment. So I'll try and summarize it all in this post:

You're still eligible for AASW membership whether the Uni's accreditation is provisional or full, and you'll still get great jobs.

Bachelor of Nursing graduate entry is eligible for PR post graduation cos you're eligible for APHRA registration and the course' duration is 2 years.

Master's in economics will neither lead to PR nor good jobs in Australia so choose wisely.

IT is saturated by Indians, getting PR or a good job after graduation may be quite tough but not impossible.

Social work is a good alternative for those who cant study nursing, and I thought I should let people know that nursing isn't the only good thing out there. But please don't send me pms asking me to look for cheap schools for you, that's your job not mine and it's really infuriating.

And lastly, I can't comment on job situations in Melbourne and other cities, I can only comment on Sydney.

I have BSc in Microbiology from a university in Nigeria... Thinking of pursuing Msc in Microbiology or Biotechnology in Aussie but the tuition seems so high... What can I do. And both Microbiology and Biotechnology are on the skills list..
How does nursing parol looks like? Is it cheap to pursue?

Or what can you advise? Please help ooo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haliru001: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
abdullahi45:

I have BSc in Microbiology from a university in Nigeria... Thinking of pursuing Msc in Microbiology or Biotechnology in Aussie but the tuition seems so high... What can I do. And both Microbiology and Biotechnology are on the skills list..
How does nursing parol looks like? Is it cheap to pursue?

Or what can you advise? Please help ooo

Go straight for nursing if you can.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
Haliru001:

How? Can you please answer my question complete with explanation i can understand please...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
Is PR residence only available to 2yrs Msc.. What about 1 yr or 1.5yr Msc? What about if you are scared and you are not sure you will be able to afford the tuition fee and living expenses for 2yrs... What can one do? What is the trick? If one sponsor only has like 10m to sponsor someone and the tuition fee alone is like 50,000 AUD (I.e 14m) for the 2yrs... What can one do? Australia is too damn expensive.. I don't know what to do again. Please advise...
Please kindly take Time to answer my questions as I am a novice.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vhickky(f): 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
STAugustineOf13:

This right here is garbage, where is that your brother?.
He should be drilled before answering his question.
lol....we already mailed the school.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pat4t5: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
Please brothers and sisters I have just 2.5million naira and I wish to study in Australia (Graduate nursing program). Should I apply for the program or not?.. 2.5million is all I have got. Please I need a sincere response
Thanks

Apart from air ticket
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kingbukaz: 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
Pat4t5:
Please brothers and sisters I have just 2.5million naira and I wish to study in Australia (Graduate nursing program). Should I apply for the program or not?.. 2.5million is all I have got. Please I need a sincere response
Thanks

Apart from air ticket

Bros, the country is expensive. Check if your qualified for PR and go through that route . see below link

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/476

What's your degree ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
Haliru001:
Many thanks for always stressing on NURSING. Hope u're good Sir.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4peace4: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=Kingbukaz post=61670948]

Bros, the country is expensive. Check if your qualified for PR and go through that route . see below link

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/476

What's your degree ?[/quot hmmmm but ave heard info of people the dogged type working 2 pay their tuition fee balance or is dat a false info?? must u ave ur 2 years complete tuition fee b4 coming 2 d country?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4peace4: 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kingbukaz:

What's your degree ?
hmmmm but ave heard info of people the dogged type working 2 pay their tuition fee balance or is dat a false info?? must u ave ur 2 years complete tuition fee b4 coming 2 d country?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by capsule(m): 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
tobe4real:
Nursing (graduate entry)folks have very little or no time to work because of an intense work load and 8am-5pm everyday of lectures....how valid is this??

please someone should attend to this question cus am in a similar situation. My sponsor could afford my tuition for 1.5years (graduate entry nursing). I may have to depend on jobs to carter for the rest. How possible is this with the suppose rigorous lecture schedules.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kingbukaz: 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
4peace4:
hmmmm but ave heard info of people the dogged type working 2 pay their tuition fee balance or is dat a false info?? must u ave ur 2 years complete tuition fee b4 coming 2 d country?

Nope its not a must you need to pay your first semester fee to get your COE for visa application. As for working to pay fees, what worked for one may not work for another. I dnt know about that as this a public platform. The embassy expect you to have sufficient funds for your studies. Why dnt he save himself that stress and apply for PR as the end aim of studying in OZ is still to get PR. Its saves him time and money.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcdion: 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=abdullahi45 post=61668105]Is PR residence only available to 2yrs Msc.. What about 1 yr or 1.5yr
Msc?
What about if you are scared and you are not sure you will be able to
afford the tuition fee and living expenses for 2yrs... What can one do?
What is the trick?
If one sponsor only has like 10m to sponsor someone and the tuition
fee alone is like 50,000 AUD (I.e 14m) for the 2yrs... What can one
do?
Australia is too damn expensive.. I don't know what to do again.
Please advise...

I got a pm from you. I am sorry I cannot reply you at the moment.

You may ask anything here and I will respond. The few questions above has bin answered.

Cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
Alfred2000:
Pls what schools do you term as streamline uni
Do you mean I don't need all this before am offered university admission?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4peace4: 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Nope its not a must you need to pay your first semester fee to get your COE for visa application. As for working to pay fees, what worked for one may not work for another. I dnt know about that as this a public platform. The embassy expect you to have sufficient funds for your studies. Why dnt he save himself that stress and apply for PR as the end aim of studying in OZ is still to get PR. Its saves him time and money.
u r right bro well done
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Is PR residence only available for 2yrs Msc.. What about 1 yr or 1.5yr
Msc?

What's the advantage of 2yrs Msc, over 1.5 and 1 yr?

What is the trick?

do?.

And also is it true AL1 doesn't request for one SOA before they give admission? What about Embassy do they request for one SOA.?..

Please advise...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 11:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
Howoheye:

. With my Bsc in Microbiology... So how will i enter for nursing? Which nursing program will i apply for
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcdion: 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
abdullahi45:
Is PR residence only available for 2yrs Msc.. What about 1 yr or 1.5yr
Msc?

What's the advantage of 2yrs Msc, over 1.5 and 1 yr?

What is the trick?

do?.

And also is it true AL1 doesn't request for one SOA before they give admission? What about Embassy do they request for one SOA.?..

Please advise...
I will answer your question 1 and 2 together. Firstly I don't know how you arrived at 1.5 years msc will not lead to pr. However p.r is subject to many factors like skills,qualifications etc. U also need to ensure that ur occupation is on the list. Merit of 2years msc is that you are qualify to apply for a bridging visa for extra two years, this will enable you work in ur occupation and possibly get skills needed for a skill assessment to meet one of the requirements of pr.

The Australian embassy required you to have assess to funds and you can also work. Some gurus have encourag and advise people to learn skills before coming to Australia.

It depends on your school and you are required to pay first semester fees aside that 10m is likely to take you there.

It varies now it used to be yes but prepare for anything as regards soa for AL1. In some cases embassy do request for soa even for AL1.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcdion: 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
abdullahi45:

. With my Bsc in Microbiology... So how will i enter for nursing? Which nursing program will i apply for
Do you have work experience in this field?

When did you graduate?

You may likely get admission into graduate nursing if u have experience in that regard.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 11:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mcdion:

Do you have work experience in this field?

When did you graduate?

You may likely get admission into graduate nursing if u have experience in that regard.
. I graduated in 2016. I have a year NYSC experience as Microbiology Lab technology at a university. Aside this I also have 6 months IT experience at uch, Ibadan
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcdion: 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
abdullahi45:

. I graduated in 2016. I have a year NYSC experience as Microbiology Lab technology at a university. Aside this I also have 6 months IT experience at uch, Ibadan

Go and write ielts.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=Mcdion post=61679719] Go and write ielts.[/quote I have TOEFL 84/120.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcdion: 12:03am On Oct 23, 2017
[quote author=abdullahi45 post=61679778][/quote]
I will get back to you on this however kindly break it down I.e each band text score. Cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haliru001: 12:44am On Oct 23, 2017
Howoheye:

I'm good boss. How's your application going?

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.