Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,187 members, 7,849,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1267822 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 8:20pm On May 22, 2023
lomaxx:

You will definitely get a seat at check-in. You can talk to the airline staff about preferred seat options (aisle or window) when you’re checking in (if those options are still available). But you’d definitely get a seat.
thanks and God bless. You don't mind if I send you a mail?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 8:32pm On May 22, 2023
lomaxx:

You will definitely get a seat at check-in. You can talk to the airline staff about preferred seat options (aisle or window) when you’re checking in (if those options are still available). But you’d definitely get a seat.
thanks bro, I appreciate the support. Can I also skip the option of picking a seat and go straight to payment?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by conqueror221: 9:21pm On May 22, 2023
Sorry to digress a bit. Nobody has talked about the wildlife in Australia, I have heard so much scaring stories about snakes and python. Can someone say something about this. How do the residents survive this? Or are the stories mere myths.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 9:46pm On May 22, 2023
Finally bought the ticket, thanks for the guidelines.

Everything was about 1.1mil naira in Qatar airways but after paying with my wife card, they deducted $3500 from her card .. how manage? What's the exchange rate or na me confuse... The difference is much when you convert the dollar to naira. Help pls
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 10:01pm On May 22, 2023
denzel231:
thanks bro, I appreciate the support. Can I also skip the option of picking a seat and go straight to payment?

Sure. I’m surprised you haven’t paid yet. The price changes
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 10:03pm On May 22, 2023
denzel231:

Everything was about 1.1mil naira in Qatar airways but after paying with my wife card, they deducted $3500 from her card .. how manage? What's the exchange rate or na me confuse... The difference is much when you convert the dollar to naira. Help pls

What’s the amount on the receipt?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 10:03pm On May 22, 2023
lomaxx:

What’s the amount on the receipt?
NGN 1094765.00

That's the money on the receipt.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 10:16pm On May 22, 2023
denzel231:

NGN 1094765.00

That's the money on the receipt.

Are you in Lagos ? Their office is in Ahmadu Bello Way in VI. I think it’s something you need to sort out in person.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 10:19pm On May 22, 2023
lomaxx:

Are you in Lagos ? Their office is in Ahmadu Bello Way in VI. I think it’s something you need to sort out in person.
I am in Edo state, do you have their phone number? Please. My wife said she wanted to call them .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gr8femfred: 10:47pm On May 22, 2023
Thanks so much, I don't even know how to start but agent don dupe me too much..please can anyone one guild me

OAOA:

Yes, there are academic sessions generally in Australia; beginning/early, mid and late/end. Schools that run the three give preference to onshore students to enrol in Semester 3 (late/end) and sometimes it depends on the choice of course and campus location.

All the best in your pursuit
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 11:17pm On May 22, 2023
There’s nothing you can do about it. It’s expected they’ll use the normal exchange rate. It’s always advisable to book in Naira and pay in Naira.
You should have exchange the AUD from your wife’s account to your Naira account then make payment with your Naira account.
That’s the method I always use while booking though.
denzel231:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 11:22pm On May 22, 2023
Enough of all these old stories from bloggers that haven’t been to Australia before 😂.
I’ve been living in Sydney for 4years now and I’m yet to see lizard talkless of Python. I even took my family to Sydney zoo and I didn’t see any snake.
Maybe in the regional areas but I have lots of friends in many regional areas and non of them mentioned any scary things. We all just move on with our daily lives.
Pack your back and come enjoy Australia, leave scary stories for the bloggers.

conqueror221:
Sorry to digress a bit. Nobody has talked about the wildlife in Australia, I have heard so much scaring stories about snakes and python. Can someone say something about this. How do the residents survive this? Or are the stories mere myths.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 11:39pm On May 22, 2023
Softkey:
There’s nothing you can do about it. It’s expected they’ll use the normal exchange rate. It’s always advisable to book in Naira and pay in Naira.
You should have exchange the AUD from your wife’s account to your Naira account then make payment with your Naira account.
That’s the method I always use while booking though.
the mindset that Nigeria cards don't work or we will have to convert to dollar to pay. I just decided to use her card... Damn na me go mess up . If you even convert that naira to AUD, it's still not up to the deducted money . This money pain me

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 11:48pm On May 22, 2023
denzel231:
I am in Edo state, do you have their phone number? Please. My wife said she wanted to call them .

No , I don’t. Did you use a dollarcard for the transaction? Is it USD or AUD?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 11:54pm On May 22, 2023
lomaxx:

No , I don’t. Did you use a dollarcard for the transaction? Is it USD or AUD?
my wife AUD card
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by smartsolus1: 12:39am On May 23, 2023
For UNSW, what was the initial tuition deposit?
Did they request POF?

Moloncho:

I recently got my visa grant on Jan 31st. Institution of study is at UNSW. I earlier recommended Expert Education and Visa Services. They saw me through the process after my sch requested I nominate an agent for GTE statement. They also processed my visa.
Visa lodged on Dec 30th
Medicals on Jan 15th
Biometrics on Jan 16th
Visa granted on Jan 31st.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 6:22am On May 23, 2023
gr8femfred:
Thanks so much, I don't even know how to start but agent don dupe me too much..please can anyone one guild me

Go through agents recommended by the school. Most schools would refer you to agents...all the best!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by humurphia(m): 8:32am On May 23, 2023
denzel231:

Yeah

Please How were you able to book your medical?did you visit their office, call, or mail?

I sent them a mail, haven’t gotten a response yet.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Douleh27: 9:09am On May 23, 2023
i got admitted to Charles darwin university in NT darwin. and i am at the GTE stage, waiting for it to be cleared. Anyone has an idea how long their GTE takes?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 9:34am On May 23, 2023
denzel231:
my wife AUD card

Did the calculations and I think they’re correct. $3500 aud is about $2400 usd which is about N1.1m @ N455/1 (official rate).

Actually thought you had the money in naira. It’s always better to convert $ to naira before doing any naira transactions. Never ever use your $ card to transact in naira.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by humurphia(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2023
NeuroToby:
Thank you!

Were you able to get a medical date? If you been able to, please how did you go about it?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 11:05am On May 23, 2023
humurphia:

Please How were you able to book your medical?did you visit their office, call, or mail?

I sent them a mail, haven’t gotten a response yet.
I booked my biometrics myself online in vfs global and I paid about 12,500 in the AU office in vfs. For the medicals, every dates in the IOM website were booked, I had to call someone in Lagos to go to their office and they help me secured a spot, I paid 20k to get the spot secured because I was in a haste. Lastly, I met a girl at the medicals and she told me that she was able to book her date earlier by sending a mail to the IOM and they replied her, they were able to fix her a good date without paying. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 11:07am On May 23, 2023
lomaxx:

Did the calculations and I think they’re correct. $3500 aud is about $2400 usd which is about N1.1m @ N455/1 (official rate).

Actually thought you had the money in naira. It’s always better to convert $ to naira before doing any naira transactions. Never ever use your $ card to transact in naira.
I have learned.. thanks and your calculations dn make my mind come down small. I appreciate 🙏 . Is it compulsory to have BTA when traveling? Thanks for the support, you have been so helpful
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gidi20: 2:11pm On May 23, 2023
Good day, please I would like to confirm if I can get recommended agents that can help me apply for Masters of social work. The 2 agents I contacted suggest that I should pick a management or business course just to get in and later I can switch my course.
My question, Is it that I can't be granted social work if I apply directly?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 4:49pm On May 23, 2023
gidi20:
Good day, please I would like to confirm if I can get recommended agents that can help me apply for Masters of social work. The 2 agents I contacted suggest that I should pick a management or business course just to get in and later I can switch my course.

Are these agents recommended by the school?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gidi20: 5:13pm On May 23, 2023
OAOA:

Yes, I saw one of them on ECU authorized agent list

Are these agents recommended by the school?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Omoharjibolar: 8:00pm On May 23, 2023
Good evening house, pls i have 2 question to ask

1st... i just paid my tuition fee for masters program, the sum of $15,311 AUD amounted to $10,592 USD.. I just received my payment receipt 2 days ago with notification that it will take 2 to 3 working days before my payment can reflect on my institution system.. What is the next thing to do after that it reflect y?

2nd... the school is university of Newcastle Sydney and course is masters of accounting and business administration. 2years program.... Pls i want to know if the course is qualify for PR after completion?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 11:17pm On May 23, 2023
Congratulations in taking the first step. Next step is to wait for the school confirmation and their next instruction in their communication to you. While waiting, you can start gathering and perfecting your documents. You can go through the previous pages of this thread to see the required visa documents.

Yes, Accounting is on the Skillset list for PR but very competitive.

Omoharjibolar:
Good evening house, pls i have 2 question to ask

1st... i just paid my tuition fee for masters program, the sum of $15,311 AUD amounted to $10,592 USD.. I just received my payment receipt 2 days ago with notification that it will take 2 to 3 working days before my payment can reflect on my institution system.. What is the next thing to do after that it reflect y?

2nd... the school is university of Newcastle Sydney and course is masters of accounting and business administration. 2years program.... Pls i want to know if the course is qualify for PR after completion?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 11:21pm On May 23, 2023
1. Make sure the agent you’re using is a registered/authorised agent from your chosen school.
2. I want to believe the agents advise was based on your academic/work experience profile.

What did you studied in your BSc? What’s your occupation?

gidi20:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 11:52pm On May 23, 2023
Hi guys, please I need suggestions on convincing ways to explain bulk transfers made into my account. I kept the funds there in other to meet up with the required pof asked by the embassy, im open to suggestions
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gidi20: 12:13am On May 24, 2023
I studied History and Diplomatic studies, am currently working as a manager in a lab

Softkey:
1. Make sure the agent you’re using is a registered/authorised agent from your chosen school.
2. I want to believe the agents advise was based on your academic/work experience profile.

What did you studied in your BSc? What’s your occupation?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SyndyB(m): 1:24pm On May 24, 2023
Good afternoon my good people of this forum, and thank you all for your contributions.

Please help a brother, there's this travel agent I know, 2 months ago she asked me to provide 4.5m for Working Visa to Canada, but I delayed because I wasn't convinced. Now she's saying that the Canada Working Visa has closed, that what she has a link and it's available now is Australia working visa at 4.5m too. That I can pay 3mil and pay up the balance when my Visa is out.

Please advise me, is this feasible, what do I look out for, what questions do I need to ask?

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (688) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.