Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1257688 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chizzyvivian: 6:01am On May 16, 2023
Hello,

My brother made the payment over there.

Mithrandir5:

Hi

I also got an offer from UNSW but yet to make payment. Please how did you make payment with that Convera thing?

I'll really like to connect.

Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 7:30am On May 16, 2023
NittaO:
For Australia study visa application process, Is PTE Academic (paid Home edition) used or it has to be done in a centre.

Please I need a timely response. Thanks
my wife did hers in the centre .. she's in Australia anyway and she did hers in pte centre. Go for the centre it's better.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 7:30am On May 16, 2023
NittaO:

Pls I also need answers.
go to the pte centre.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 7:34am On May 16, 2023
NB1912:

If your plan is to stay back after studies and get a PR, then find a different course that will lead to PR. You will have to do your own research.
is bachelor of community service good for PR?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 7:36am On May 16, 2023
Maranatha5:
I have my grant!

Date of application 13th March
Medicals and biometrics at fatayi Williams and VFS lekki 24th March
Date of grant 5th May.

For everyone waiting, you must testify.
congratulations...

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 7:38am On May 16, 2023
Kerimu:
Good evening my beautiful brothers and sisters please I have questions to ask concerning the IELTS text is if true there are people who can seat for someone in the text?
that's a lie but I heard there's a special centre in Abuja and it's expensive..so I heard oooo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 7:41am On May 16, 2023
snowlordng:
forget about higher ...go to Tasmania...you will have higher chance of getting your pr
what of Torrens
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 7:50am On May 16, 2023
Prowess007:
Good Day House

Using this opportunity to appreciate all those who have been supplying quality information on this platform. God bless you.

Please, I noticed most Nigeria Agents keep advising me to go for UK or others, when I tell them I'm 40yrs.
Is it that Australia don't grant 40s visa or what? I am going for MBA. Kindly advise with pls
depends on the visa.. you can travel anywhere in the world, just have money and information
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 9:36am On May 16, 2023
Maranatha5:
Hello guys,

Please when I book Turkish airways going to Australia with stopover at Malaysia or Dubai do I need visa for either of these countries?

Please I'm begging you guys in the name of God, did anyone travel with Turkish and passed through Malaysia without visa. Qatar won't be feasible as the price is 2.7m.

Please you guys should help me and advise before I make payment. Getting a refund won't be easy if it can't fly
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2023
Maranatha5:

Please I'm begging you guys in the name of God, did anyone travel with Turkish and passed through Malaysia without visa. Qatar won't be feasible as the price is 2.7m.

Please you guys should help me and advise before I make payment. Getting a refund won't be easy if it can't fly
Call Turkish Airline, check Malaysia immigration website

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 12:05pm On May 16, 2023
Which cheap flight can someone use to go to Australia by month end or first week of July. Suggestions please...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 1:05pm On May 16, 2023
Nigerians generally require a visa to transit through Malaysia. This means that if you plan to transit through Malaysia on your way from Turkey to Australia, you may need to obtain a transit visa for Malaysia.

My candid advice, avoid Turkish airline.

Maranatha5:

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 1:23am On May 17, 2023
Hello everyone,

I applied for my Australian student visa 7 wks ago and it says further assessment is ongoing. Has anyone else experienced this recently in their application and what was the outcome and duration it took to get a finalized decision.

Thank you and I appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 1:39am On May 17, 2023
Maranatha5:

I don't think you need transit visa for Malaysia or Dubai. As long as you intend not to leave the transit area of the airport before your next flight, then you can travel through Malaysia or Dubai without a transit visa.

All you have to do is book one flight package that gets you to Australia and doesn't require you to check out or check in your luggage after you have done so in Nigeria. Once you do so, the airline would handle the rest and then you won't need to pass through customs when you arrive Malaysia.

I don't live in Nigeria and have been to Malaysia a couple of times. They have a very large transit area for connecting flights.

However, since you are booking with Turkish airlines, it would be fair to call them to verify that you don't need to check out your luggage so that you can check it in for the connecting flight. If you don't have to, then it's fine to fly through Malaysia. But if you have to, then you would need a transit visa through Malaysia.

In all, you don't need a transit visa if your flight details indicate that the only place you would get to handle your luggage is first at Murtala airport in Lagos and last at your destination in Australia. If nothing in between, when you arrive Malaysia, don't go through customs, speak to the airline crew that you have a connecting flight and they will direct you to where you can take a rest till the next flight boards. Also for due diligence, see that you can contact the Malaysian embassy in Nigeria to confirm the information I gave. From my experience and knowledge, you won't need a transit visa if your flight details and scenario is the same as I have described in my response to you.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 1:50am On May 17, 2023
Lunix:

I don't think you need transit visa for Malaysia or Dubai. As long as you intend not to leave the transit area of the airport before your next flight, then you can travel through Malaysia or Dubai without a transit visa.

All you have to do is book one flight package that gets you to Australia and doesn't require you to check out or check in your luggage after you have done so in Nigeria. Once you do so, the airline would handle the rest and then you won't need to pass through customs when you arrive Malaysia.

I don't live in Nigeria and have been to Malaysia a couple of times. They have a very large transit area for connecting flights.

However, since you are booking with Turkish airlines, it would be fair to call them to verify that you don't need to check out your luggage so that you can check it in for the connecting flight. If you don't have to, then it's fine to fly through Malaysia. But if you have to, then you would need a transit visa through Malaysia.

In all, you don't need a transit visa if your flight details indicate that the only place you would get to handle your luggage is first at Murtala airport in Lagos and last at your destination in Australia. If nothing in between, when you arrive Malaysia, don't go through customs, speak to the airline crew that you have a connecting flight and they will direct you to where you can take a rest till the next flight boards. Also for due diligence, see that you can contact the Malaysian embassy in Nigeria to confirm the information I gave. From my experience and knowledge, you won't need a transit visa if your flight details and scenario is the same as I have described in my response to you.

Hope this helps.

I just found this info online for Nigerians,

General Malaysians Transit Visa Requirements for Nigerian Nationals & Residents of Nigeria
Check to make sure on Malaysian Transit Visa Information to see if you will need a transit visa for Malaysia or the up-to-date tourist visa requirements for Malaysia.

Fully completed Malaysian Transit Visa Application Form and essential declaration
Passport size photographs
Valid national passport and one copy
Original of valid visa if you are citizen of another country and one copy
Your latest bank statement and one copy
Confirmation of travel insurance for Malaysia showing the coverage and one copy
Proof of group travel if you are travelling in a group
Proof of airline ticket reservation for Malaysia and one copy
transit visa fees for Nigerian nationals and residents in Nigeria

Please notice: In individual circumstances, you may be asked to produce additional documents. Malaysians embassy procedures and policies can and do, alter overnight. We take no responsibilty for any such changes or any transaction initiated directly between an applicant and the Malaysians embassy in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 2:03am On May 17, 2023
Lunix:

Hope this helps.

Further information

Does a Nigerian who doesn't intend to visit Malaysia, flying from Nigeria to Australia with a layover in Malaysia need a transit visa?

No, a Nigerian who doesn't intend to visit Malaysia, flying from Nigeria to Australia with a layover in Malaysia does not need a transit visa. However, there are a few conditions that must be met:

The layover must be less than 24 hours.
The Nigerian citizen must not leave the transit area of the airport.
The Nigerian citizen must have a valid passport and a confirmed ticket to Australia.
If the layover is more than 24 hours, or if the Nigerian citizen plans to leave the transit area of the airport, they will need to apply for a transit visa.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 9:00am On May 17, 2023
Lunix:
Hello everyone,

I applied for my Australian student visa 7 wks ago and it says further assessment is ongoing. Has anyone else experienced this recently in their application and what was the outcome and duration it took to get a finalized decision.

Have you done medicals/biometric?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 9:50am On May 17, 2023
Pappibearr:

Have you done medicals/biometric?

Yeah all done. And there wasn't any requests for further documentation asked.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kenzy2: 10:01am On May 17, 2023
If this week is the 7th week, it's still not late. Are you going for masters or PhD?
Lunix:
Hello everyone,

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 10:52am On May 17, 2023
Lunix:

Yeah all done. And there wasn't any requests for further documentation asked.

Okay.. sorry about that. I heard they only approve visas by beginning of the month, hopefully you would get it by the beginning of june. I wish you goodluck
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 11:00am On May 17, 2023
Kenzy2:
If this week is the 7th week, it's still not late. Are you going for masters or PhD?

Yes Masters bro. Hope so. It's just that further assessment that's concerning what it means
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 11:00am On May 17, 2023
Pappibearr:

Okay.. sorry about that. I heard they only approve visas by beginning of the month, hopefully you would get it by the beginning of june. I wish you goodluck

Hope so. School starts 12th of June.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 11:02am On May 17, 2023
Lunix:

Hope so. School starts 12th of June.

What school though?. And when does physical registration for classes end in your school
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barrister0070: 12:01pm On May 17, 2023
Paulpaul4real:
Good evening all, pls I got unconditional offer with University of Wollongong, I have gotten my COE, pls can any one help me with link or suggestions on how to get 3 months statement of account worth 16m.

Pls family help me out ooooo am really stock here.

I hope you are now in Australia, Can i please contact you on some IELTS issues with UOW?

My Email is barristerayob@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 12:10pm On May 17, 2023
Pappibearr:

What school though?. And when does physical registration for classes end in your school

University of Newcastle. Census date ends June 23rd
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 12:28pm On May 17, 2023
Lunix:
Hello everyone,

There are 2 assessment stages, initial and further assessment. So it's perfectly normal. Response time is between 7 to 8 weeks, it can get as long as 9 weeks.

All the best

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 1:09pm On May 17, 2023
Maranatha5:

There are 2 assessment stages, initial and further assessment. So it's perfectly normal. Response time is between 7 to 8 weeks, it can get as long as 9 weeks.

All the best

Thanks bro. Did yours go like this? And did you find my reply for the transit visa helpful?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 2:10pm On May 17, 2023
No cause for alarm, Further assessment is the 2nd stage which is normal, and after that the status changes to Finalised.

Some people assessment jumped from Inital to Finalised while others followed the 3 stages (Initial - Further - Finalised) so no need to worry.
Lunix:

Yes Masters bro. Hope so. It's just that further assessment that's concerning what it means

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 2:28pm On May 17, 2023
Softkey:
No course for alarm, Further assessment is the 2nd stage which is normal, and after that the status changes to Finalised.

Some people assessment jumped from Inital to Finalised while others followed the 3 stages (Initial - Further - Finalised) so no need to worry.

Thanks bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 4:05pm On May 17, 2023
Lunix:

Thanks bro. Did yours go like this? And did you find my reply for the transit visa helpful?

Many thanks, they were very helpful. I later found an affordable deal with Qatar, so I will transit through Doha.

Yes my own visa assessment went that way, it came out between 7 to 8 weeks. I wish you success in your application.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 4:22pm On May 17, 2023
Maranatha5:

Many thanks, they were very helpful. I later found an affordable deal with Qatar, so I will transit through Doha.

Yes my own visa assessment went that way, it came out between 7 to 8 weeks. I wish you success in your application.

Okay bro. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 2:15am On May 18, 2023
Lunix:
Hello everyone,

u will get it by God grace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.