Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1257492 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 2:20am On May 18, 2023
Maranatha5:

Many thanks, they were very helpful. I later found an affordable deal with Qatar, so I will transit through Doha.

Yes my own visa assessment went that way, it came out between 7 to 8 weeks. I wish you success in your application.
hw much did you get your ticket to Australia and which airline? Please I need your help, need a ticket for July 1st week.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 4:03am On May 18, 2023
denzel231:
hw much did you get your ticket to Australia and which airline? Please I need your help, need a ticket for July 1st week.
Use Qatar airways. Com or wakanow to check prices
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 4:26am On May 18, 2023
Maranatha5:

Use Qatar airways. Com or wakanow to check prices
thanks.. was there any transit?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 4:33am On May 18, 2023
Cuthbertola:
Please anyone know how i can get a Tax clearance document?. Very urgent please
you still need it?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 4:44am On May 18, 2023
As a dependent,
can someone work full time in Australia?
Can someone also school?
Can someone get PR?

Just asking . Thank you .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lunix: 10:13am On May 18, 2023
denzel231:
u will get it by God grace

Amen bro.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 10:17am On May 18, 2023
As a dependant of a student visa holder, by law the conditions applies:

Visa holder cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight and cannot start work until the primary student visa holder has started their course.

Family members of the following students can work unlimited hours once the primary student visa holder has started their course:

students studying a master’s by coursework or research degree
students studying a doctorate degree

Adult visa holders (18 years or above) are subject to this condition. This means that while in Australia they cannot study for more than three months.

denzel231:
As a dependent,
can someone work full time in Australia?
Can someone also school?
Can someone get PR?

Just asking . Thank you .

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 1:39pm On May 18, 2023
Softkey:
As a dependant of a student visa holder, by law the conditions applies:

Visa holder cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight and cannot start work until the primary student visa holder has started their course.

Family members of the following students can work unlimited hours once the primary student visa holder has started their course:

students studying a master’s by coursework or research degree
students studying a doctorate degree

Adult visa holders (18 years or above) are subject to this condition. This means that while in Australia they cannot study for more than three months.

thanks for the response..my wife is already doing her course in Australia. She has been in Australia for about a year + or 2years now. She got to Australia with a visa for masters in global bla bla which was not a good course and also not a PR course, she had to switch to Torrens university this year to study bsch in community service. Her initial visa expired in March this year and she was given a bridging visa but she applied for a new visa while in Australia with my name as dependent, God so kind they approved the visas for both of us..

For the first conditions, this means I can work unlimitedly right when I go and meet her?

For the 2nd condition, it means I can't school using dependent?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 2:21pm On May 18, 2023
The conditions are very plain.
1. Legally, you can only work 40hrs fortnightly (2 weeks). The rule was relaxed to allow unlimited number of work hrs because of Covid though but it’s set to be reverted back to normal by July this year.

2. It means you can’t study for more than 3 months.

denzel231:
thanks for the response..my wife is already doing her course in Australia. She has been in Australia for about a year + or 2years now. She got to Australia with a visa for masters in global bla bla which was not a good course and also not a PR course, she had to switch to Torrens university this year to study bsch in community service. Her initial visa expired in March this year and she was given a bridging visa but she applied for a new visa while in Australia with my name as dependent, God so kind they approved the visas for both of us..

For the first conditions, this means I can work unlimitedly right when I go and meet her?

For the 2nd condition, it means I can't school using dependent?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 2:27pm On May 18, 2023
Softkey:
The conditions are very plain.
1. Legally, you can only work 40hrs fortnightly (2 weeks). The rule was relaxed to allow unlimited number of work hrs because of Covid though but it’s set to be reverted back to normal by July this year.

2. It means you can’t study for more than 3 months.

Thanks brother for the response. What can someone even study in 3 months ?

Lastly can I also get a PR if my wife gets one?

What's the criteria of getting a PR?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 3:13pm On May 18, 2023
What you can study is a personalised question. A little research online will do justice to that.

If your wife includes you in her PR application then you get it if granted.

You might want to check the PR thread for PR criteria related questions.

denzel231:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 3:29pm On May 18, 2023
Softkey:
What you can study is a personalised question. A little research online will do justice to that.

If your wife includes you in her PR application then you get it if granted.

You might want to check the PR thread for PR criteria related questions.

thanks so much, I appreciate your assistance. I know what I can study is personalized but can you suggest or give me something you know will be valuable for me Incase I get there.

For the PR, she will definitely add me to it. She's in Melbourne

Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jubal21: 4:54pm On May 18, 2023
Greetings guys! Please I need a quick response on this. I just got an email from the home affairs saying my application is invalid. (because my residential address wasn't detailed) also they are refunding my application fee back to me. Has anyone being in or know anything aabout this. My course starts in August. Your timely response will be appreciated.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kuljbaba: 5:18pm On May 18, 2023
Please house, I have visitor Visa to Australia I want to know if I can work with it
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aodis: 5:59pm On May 18, 2023
Prowess007:
Good Day House

Using this opportunity to appreciate all those who have been supplying quality information on this platform. God bless you.

Please, I noticed most Nigeria Agents keep advising me to go for UK or others, when I tell them I'm 40yrs.
Is it that Australia don't grant 40s visa or what? I am going for MBA. Kindly advise with pls

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 6:58pm On May 18, 2023
denzel231:

If you want to study, you need to apply for a study visa separately for yourself. The 3 months cap applies only if you want to study on your dependent visa status
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ziocplc01: 10:08pm On May 18, 2023
Please I want to ask this questions:
Firstly, I applied for masters by coursework and got 20% scholarship with accommodation scholarship too, but my agent said he wants to reapply for me in same school for masters in research that it always comes with a better scholarship sometimes full scholarship or so, pls how true is this cos i will pay for another application fee.

Secondly, please I’m asked to write for PTE, I haven’t heard of this before, and I don’t understand why Australia school didn’t ask for English proficiency but their embassy is asking for one. Is there a way out of this? I even did undergraduate studies in UK school.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Maranatha5(f): 12:48am On May 19, 2023
Ziocplc01:
Firstly, I applied for masters by coursework and got 20% scholarship with accommodation scholarship too, but my agent said he wants to reapply for me in same school for masters in research that it always comes with a better scholarship sometimes full scholarship or so, pls how true is this cos i will pay for another application fee.

Secondly, please I’m asked to write for PTE, I haven’t heard of this before, and I don’t understand why Australia school didn’t ask for English proficiency but their embassy is asking for one. Is there a way out of this? I even did undergraduate studies in UK school.

Aren't you meant to have a supervisor for masters by research or he's going to find one for you as well? Why didn't he apply for it straight away without going through the hassle of masters by coursework. Be sure he's not trying to rip you off with another application fee.

A lot of people have applied for visa without IELTS, unless it's a new rule I'm not aware of. If your school offered admission without ielts, you can as well apply for visa without it. I used IELTS for mine because I had it, I also know people who did without IELTS
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 3:54am On May 19, 2023
If he can secure you a Master by research program instead of course work then it’s a great deal and it worths every bit of the application fee.

Master by research in most cases comes with Full or better Scholarship offer. Also this gives you additional point toward you PR.

PTE/IELTS may be part of the school requirements for Master by research.

Just confirm he’s been truthful and make your decision.

Ziocplc01:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 3:59am On May 19, 2023
Note: A Visitor visa or Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) does not allow you to work in Australia. Any non-citizen on a Visitor visa or ETA who is working in Australia is doing so illegally.

Reference: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/work-rights-and-exploitation/work-restrictions#:~:text=Note%3A%20A%20Visitor%20visa%20or,Australia%20is%20doing%20so%20illegally.

Kuljbaba:
Please house, I have visitor Visa to Australia I want to know if I can work with it
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 4:03am On May 19, 2023
This is a strange case. You might want to quote the message as sent (remove the personal identity information) so we can understand the context. Better still, I’ll recommend you consult with a registered agent with experience to assess your application and see where things goes wrong.

Jubal21:
Greetings guys! Please I need a quick response on this. I just got an email from the home affairs saying my application is invalid. (because my residential address wasn't detailed) also they are refunding my application fee back to me. Has anyone being in or know anything aabout this. My course starts in August. Your timely response will be appreciated.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 4:15am On May 19, 2023
How do someone get Medicare card or private health care card?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 4:32am On May 19, 2023
You can’t get Medicare card on a student visa. You need to go for Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). There are lots of providers for that if you check online.
denzel231:
How do someone get Medicare card or private health care card?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 4:51am On May 19, 2023
Softkey:
You can’t get Medicare card on a student visa. You need to go for Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). There are lots of providers for that if you check online.
thanks so much but which is the cheapest OSHC, I saw alianz and it's a bit expensive. Any suggestions please? Thanks for all you do...

Lastly, can you list the countries where transit someone can transit when traveling to Australia?

I remembered vividly in 2020, Qatar airways said she can't transit in Hong Kong or thereabouts because they don't accept Nigeria COVID cards and for that reason, she bought another ticket entirely. I don't know if that still in existence. I will appreciate your assistance here because I am planning to go 2nd week of next month or month end. I am just looking for an affordable ticket
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 11:29am On May 19, 2023
A Google search of “cheap OSHC” will give you multiple options to compare. Allianz, Medibank, Bupa etc. Read up and compare.

Check transit with the airline you’re booking bro. A transit visa is definitely needed when transiting via HongKong. Qatar is a good choice though. Qatar to Doha to Australia is a good one.

denzel231:
thanks so much but which is the cheapest OSHC, I saw alianz and it's a bit expensive. Any suggestions please? Thanks for all you do...

Lastly, can you list the countries where transit someone can transit when traveling to Australia?

I remembered vividly in 2020, Qatar airways said she can't transit in Hong Kong or thereabouts because they don't accept Nigeria COVID cards and for that reason, she bought another ticket entirely. I don't know if that still in existence. I will appreciate your assistance here because I am planning to go 2nd week of next month or month end. I am just looking for an affordable ticket
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 11:35am On May 19, 2023
If you’re coming to Sydney, Australia between now and end of June and you have no one or no where to stay, I may be of help.

I can pick you up from Sydney airport (If your arrival is after 5pm Sydney time).

2 weeks (max) accommodation with my family to make you feel at home.

Give you the necessary information you need to start-off. You can call it an orientation. Guide you on how to secure a job.

NOTE: I can only accommodate 1 person at a time (Female only so that my wife can be free in the house 😂).

2 weeks stay is the max, so save me the story later. Within your 2 weeks stay you need to arrange your own accommodation.

Totally FREE!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 11:39am On May 19, 2023
Softkey:
A Google search of “cheap OSHC” will give you multiple options to compare. Allianz, Medibank, Bupa etc. Read up and compare.

Check transit with the airline you’re booking bro. A transit visa is definitely needed when transiting via HongKong. Qatar is a good choice though. Qatar to Doha to Australia is a good one.

how do we get the transit visa? I am new to this ...

Nigeria to Qatar to Australia is expensive...

The cheaper one to some extent is Nigeria to Qatar to Hong Kong to Melbourne...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 2:33pm On May 19, 2023
denzel231:
how do we get the transit visa? I am new to this ...

Nigeria to Qatar to Australia is expensive...

The cheaper one to some extent is Nigeria to Qatar to Hong Kong to Melbourne...

As someone that flies Sydney - Lagos - Sydney quite frequently, I’d advise anyone to use Qatar. Just plan your trip well.

Whatever route you book, make sure you are clarified on transit requirements. To avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 4:39pm On May 19, 2023
lomaxx:

As someone that flies Sydney - Lagos - Sydney quite frequently, I’d advise anyone to use Qatar. Just plan your trip well.

Whatever route you book, make sure you are clarified on transit requirements. To avoid stories that touch.
can I book it myself or I will have to use an agent?
If you don't mind, can I contact you ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lomaxx: 6:39pm On May 19, 2023
denzel231:
can I book it myself or I will have to use an agent?
If you don't mind, can I contact you ?

It's easy to book on the website (qatarairways dot com)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by denzel231: 8:49pm On May 19, 2023
lomaxx:

It's easy to book on the website (qatarairways dot com)
thanks .
I will use the Lagos to doha to Melbourne.....

I hope I won't be paying for any transit stuff ?

Sorry for disturbing y'all, am new to this. Thanks 👍

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samstan4: 10:18pm On May 19, 2023
denzel231:
thanks .
I will use the Lagos to doha to Melbourne.....

I hope I won't be paying for any transit stuff ?

Sorry for disturbing y'all, am new to this. Thanks 👍

It's free

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.