Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,828 members, 7,831,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1258978 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
bestdiddy:
Guys, i just got a disturbing call from a friend of mine . . . He was denied his study grant.

He has a background in Biology and got admission into an AL1 school for masters in Health and Human Services Mgt. He also has experience working with a medical NGO.

Reason for denial: That the course he's going to study would be very expensive for him and there are cheaper options here in Nigeria . . . as a result, they cannot ascertain that he would return after studies.

Omo . . . i'm so weak here right now

these DIBP guys have no joy , did they guy complain that the course would be expensive for him? life goes one my brother, tell your friend not to worry too much.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2017
bestdiddy:
Guys, i just got a disturbing call from a friend of mine . . . He was denied his study grant.

He has a background in Biology and got admission into an AL1 school for masters in Health and Human Services Mgt. He also has experience working with a medical NGO.

Reason for denial: That the course he's going to study would be very expensive for him and there are cheaper options here in Nigeria . . . as a result, they cannot ascertain that he would return after studies.

Omo . . . i'm so weak here right now
he probably doesn't have any ties to Nigeria,like property and stuff
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by daniel152: 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2017
@bestdiddy when did your friend apply and what school pls?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 9:32am On Aug 08, 2017
June 19th . . . Deakin University

daniel152:
@bestdiddy when did your friend apply and what school pls?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2017
bestdiddy:
June 19th . . . Deakin University

did he defer his course or his start date is in august
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emmiezye(f): 11:19am On Aug 08, 2017
Abeg please who is coming to Sydney Australia soon ..Biko holla at me, if you can help a sister bring her soap and food stuffs .. ��
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hey guys,
Am about to apply for Mph at torrens University, I have a b.tech in biomedical technology. How good is the uni and my course for PR things?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hustla(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
Who knows about MIT and Rmit Australia?
Any nairaland there?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 11:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
Please I want to seek advice from nairalanders who are in aussie in big cities like merlbourne and Sydney is it wise for someone to leave a job paying him 180k per month in Naija and go for student visa in Australia with hope of getting PR after his/her masters programme and seek greener pastures..Please I need advice from persons already there I don't want to make any mistake.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:09am On Aug 09, 2017
Amahjosh:
Please I want to seek advice from nairalanders who are in aussie in big cities like merlbourne and Sydney is it wise for someone to leave a job paying him 180k per month in Naija and go for student visa in Australia with hope of getting PR after his/her masters programme and seek greener pastures..Please I need advice from persons already there I don't want to make any mistake.
Well,to get an honest advise, you have to tell your profession.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 09, 2017
Intending students to Australia especially those are interested in NSW should beam their search toward Uni of Newcastle. A lot of Nigerian students are there. And I was told accommodation is not difficult to find around the school area, as in there are affordable shared houses. I think it will be easy settling down if you are in the midst of your people. And the Newcastle weather is almost like that of naija.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:07am On Aug 09, 2017
malmo:
Intending students to Australia especially those are interested in NSW should beam their search toward Uni of Newcastle. A lot of Nigerian students are there. And I was told accommodation is not difficult to find around the school area, as in there are affordable shared houses. I think it will be easy settling down if you are in the midst of your people. And the Newcastle weather is almost like that of naija.
Job is the problem
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2017
i just finished my Nysc...And am a Telecommuncation Engineer..i run a side hustle which pays me 180k per month...please i need advice
Cottyekundayo:

Well,to get an honest advise, you have to tell your profession.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liliberth: 10:51am On Aug 09, 2017
bogolobango:
I just got my own scores today but when you feel like quitting think about why you started visa refusal is not the end of the world buh it's somehow painful is not about the visa fee & stress etc but looking at yourself how you've failed woefully that's the most painful aspect
Hello please what documents did you show when applying for this visa. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mrsojephone: 11:17am On Aug 09, 2017
This question is relative. I had a very good job in Nigeria earning almost double of what you are earning. If you can afford your school fees i will say jump. I have not regretted it one bit, i wish i took the leap years ago. As regards the PR, with your qualification you can start processing your PR too. Read up on Australia Pr, ask questions and think of the fastest route for you.

Australia is the greener pastures darling. Hustle is real here but then it will pay off.

Amahjosh:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mrsojephone: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2017
True Talk. It is not flexible at all. There fees is one of the most expensive in Australia if not the most expensive sef. Abeg lookout for other schools.

Stanleyelege:
Pls I will advise anyone coming to Rmit to make sure he or she is loaded.
That school is just like covenant university .

Incasu, the school na big man school .

Students who can't pay up are withdrawn from the school. Them no dey mercy for person
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shevydinho(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2017
mrsojephone:
True Talk. It is not flexible at all. There fees is one of the most expensive in Australia if not the most expensive sef. Abeg lookout for other schools.

what's your take on Edith Cowan uni and perth
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haliru001: 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=chimax1 post=59268613]Hey guys,
Am about to apply for Mph at torrens University, I have a b.tech in biomedical technology. How good is the uni and my course for PR things?

Chk d ranking of that university online. I don't think it's close to even average. As for the public health, I wouldn't advise you to go for it, especially since you've made it clear that u want PR.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 7:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
As in ehhhh......You need to see the flimsy excuses these guys give these days when sending you rejection. If they don't want Nigerians in their country anymore, they should just say it and stop allowing people waste their hard earned money. There are other countries begging for us to come study. Which one is the course is too expensive? Are we complaining?

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2017
cheekynero:
As in ehhhh......You need to see the flimsy excuses these guys give these days when sending you rejection. If they don't want Nigerians in their country anymore, they should just say it and stop allowing people waste their hard earned money. There are other countries begging for us to come study. Which one is the course is too expensive? Are we complaining?
were you rejected ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
Please who got admitted to Central Queensland University and has deferred his or her admission already base on the delay of the visa?. Let's know ourselves biko, its well ooo, Australia has turn to serious business ooo.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dotter8: 12:32am On Aug 10, 2017
HonNellymike12:
Please who got admitted to Central Queensland University and has deferred his or her admission already base on the delay of the visa?. Let's know ourselves biko, its well ooo, Australia has turn to serious business ooo.
Waiting for aussie visa now is as long as getting to the country. God help us.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dotter8: 12:39am On Aug 10, 2017
Hello house
Heading to aussie early sept
Course doesn't start until late oct (differed admission)
Oshc (health insurance) valid from sept 30 2017
1. Would like to know If i would need to purchase an additional health insurance to cover from the time i land to when the already purchased oshc kikck start.
2. I hope its okay to leave nija early sept for course starting late oct. visa has been granted since july 24th. Nd I'm wearing out in this naija already. I dont want POE wahala when i get to Melbourne.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:26am On Aug 10, 2017
Solitin40:

Job is the problem

job ke, students here are getting jobs and doing well!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Opymistic: 4:41am On Aug 10, 2017
School: Care plus Nurse training Australia
Course: Diploma in community service
Visa application/Lodgement: June 13th
Biometrics: June 16th
Medicals: June 19th
Resumption: July 17th

Presently have not heard anything from the embassy and i tried calling they dont pick it or calls dropped off
Pls advise me on what to do next !!!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aragonbaba(m): 4:58am On Aug 10, 2017
malmo:

Which of the newcastle campuses are you in?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jordan122(m): 6:06am On Aug 10, 2017
dotter8:
Hello house
Heading to aussie early sept
Course doesn't start until late oct (differed admission)
Oshc (health cover) valid from sept 30 2017
1. Would like to know If i would need to purchase an additional health cover from the time i land to when the already purchased oshc starts.
2. I hope its okay to leave nija early sept for course starting late oct. visa has been granted since july 24th. Nd I'm wearing out in this naija already. I dont want POE wahala when i get to Melbourne.

Hello good day pls I just want to start to processing undergraduate degree admission and I don't know where to start pls I want you to give me all necessary info how to secure it ..wish to hear back from you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2017
malmo:

Abeg Are you schooling at University of Newcastle?

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.