Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year (13928 Views)

Yusuf Buhari Receives NYSC Certificate Despite Not Completing His Service Year? / Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Lautechgossip(m): 4:16am On May 09, 2017
The National youth service year is a period of selfless service to your “fatherland”. It was founded with the aim to inculcate in Nigerian youths the spirit of selfless service to the community and promote oneness and brotherhood of all Nigerians irrespective of their ethnic group, cultural or social background.

This period as it is may be quite “boring”. You might even see it as time wasting if you don’t probably engage yourself in profitable and measurable things.

Here are little tips of what you can engage in during service year such that it will be fun filled and interesting.

Go through this piece and thank me later!!

1. Acquire Vocational Skills:
The service year is a period where you can be a boss of your own and be self-employed. Gains skills like fashion designing, catering, cosmetology and much more depending on whatever you are interested in. Enroll for Skill Acquisition And Entrepreneurial Development (SAED) programs.

2. Get Professional Certification :
You don’t need to depend on your BSc or HND certificate only. The workplace is changing drastically. “You need to give them what they want before you can get whatever you need”. Get an affordable and accessible platform to run professional courses so you can be employable at the end of your service year. QUALIFY can give you all it take to get Qualified for any job position you are seeking.

3. Engage In Retail Businesses:
During the period when you are serving your fatherland, you can as well serve yourself by engaging yourself in a small business that will at least fetch you income rather than depending on the allowance from the federal government or state.

4. Get A Place Of Secondary Assignment :
Asides from your place of primary assignment (PPA), you can devote yourself to other activities, you can get a place of secondary assignment where you seek a part time job or work during the weekend.

5. Become a WhistleBlower:
The Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF) whistleblowing programme is designed to encourage anyone with information about a violation of financial regulations, mismanagement of public funds and assets, financial malpractice, fraud, and theft to report it. As awkward as it may seem, a youth corp member could be a perfect whistleblower. If you notice any financial dealings at your PPA or anywhere around you, all you need do is to head over to the FMF-Whistleblowing online portal to submit your tip. A Whistleblower is entitled to anywhere between 2.5%-5.0% of the amount recovered. The best part is, every whistleblower is entitled to protection; no one will know you submitted the tip! That looks like a lucrative business isn’t it? You don’t even need a capital!

I hope you can find this piece helpful, as the saying goes, “ An Idle Hand is The Devil’s workshop”.

Here is wishing you a great service year experience.

http://fabinfos.com/5-things-can-engage-service-year/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by AgbenuAnna(f): 5:42am On May 09, 2017
Please op do you know where I van blow whistle? ....

lol

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Correspondence(m): 6:45am On May 09, 2017
I agree

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by techycontents(m): 6:46am On May 09, 2017
Become a whistle blower ...lol

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Nwogbe: 6:46am On May 09, 2017
Really

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Ezemarcel(m): 6:46am On May 09, 2017
Hahaha
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by adegoody(m): 6:46am On May 09, 2017
lol @whistle blowing

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by lrdval: 6:46am On May 09, 2017
number 5 made me smile...all work no play....lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by NONNYG: 6:50am On May 09, 2017
No.5 , like op said doesn't need capitalgrin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Godswillnwaoma(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2017
As for me, i have made up my mind to ghost it come next year. One full year is too big for me to waste.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Nobody: 6:50am On May 09, 2017
@no5
Don't be surprised if many corpers start vanishing into thin air grin
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Goldenheart(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by afamaustin(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2017
Pls how do l contact FMF I HV USEFUL IMFORMATION.
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Agimor(m): 6:51am On May 09, 2017
Op you mean if I blow a whistle on Exam malpractice I would be entitled to a sum of money? shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by lrdval: 6:51am On May 09, 2017
all these people before me. looks like they have their hands on their waist, waiting for new update...lol....
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by olafunny(m): 6:51am On May 09, 2017
Correct! My primary assignment gan gan

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by iraborosasu: 6:52am On May 09, 2017
Agimor:
Op you mean if I blow a whistle on Exam malpractice I would be entitled to a sum of money? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Iz that Hw u use to do grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Ngasky(m): 6:52am On May 09, 2017
That whistle blowing is a genius idea. People are always shouting so so and so person is stealing, but now that they were asked to report it and even get two bonuses ie protection and percentage kickback majority are silent. Come to think of it does that mean those making wild accusations are just shouting baseless opinions?
Come to think of this I wish I can get just 1 thief to expose that will be enough for me for life tongue
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by smiliyB(f): 6:52am On May 09, 2017
Nice one op cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by seeniorboy(m): 6:53am On May 09, 2017
infact its really whistle blowing! Lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Dbeendf(f): 6:54am On May 09, 2017
You can engage in anything, just keep it clean
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Alitair(m): 6:54am On May 09, 2017
Please how do i go about the whistleblowing affair... Is there like an official site or phone number..?

My street man bought lexus gx470 and hyundai ix35 in one month and he has not dashd boiz shi-shi... Call it jealousy or anything. I'm being patriotic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by tk4rd: 6:58am On May 09, 2017
God Please Give Us Good Opportunities..
We Don Try Abegg..

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Innodon(m): 6:58am On May 09, 2017
Yeah
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Nobody: 7:05am On May 09, 2017
All this new corpers and their opportunities...first they were taught karate, now nah whistleblowing before you go know dem go begin carry gun...
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by biliment(m): 7:14am On May 09, 2017
non dey lucrative pass dat no5.. OP whistle blowing to take over jawe.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Nobody: 7:14am On May 09, 2017
hahahaha, whistle blower
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by biliment(m): 7:14am On May 09, 2017
non dey lucrative pass dat no5.. OP whistle blowing ti take over jawe.
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:16am On May 09, 2017
Topic had a future till I saw becoming a whistle blower? Seriously embarassed

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by Nature8(m): 7:18am On May 09, 2017
Lautechgossip:
The National youth service year is a period of selfless service to your “fatherland”. It was founded with the aim to inculcate in Nigerian youths the spirit of selfless service to the community and promote oneness and brotherhood of all Nigerians irrespective of their ethnic group, cultural or social background.

This period as it is may be quite “boring”. You might even see it as time wasting if you don’t probably engage yourself in profitable and measurable things.

Here are little tips of what you can engage in during service year such that it will be fun filled and interesting.

Go through this piece and thank me later!!

1. Acquire Vocational Skills:
The service year is a period where you can be a boss of your own and be self-employed. Gains skills like fashion designing, catering, cosmetology and much more depending on whatever you are interested in. Enroll for Skill Acquisition And Entrepreneurial Development (SAED) programs.

2. Get Professional Certification :
You don’t need to depend on your BSc or HND certificate only. The workplace is changing drastically. “You need to give them what they want before you can get whatever you need”. Get an affordable and accessible platform to run professional courses so you can be employable at the end of your service year. QUALIFY can give you all it take to get Qualified for any job position you are seeking.

3. Engage In Retail Businesses:
During the period when you are serving your fatherland, you can as well serve yourself by engaging yourself in a small business that will at least fetch you income rather than depending on the allowance from the federal government or state.

4. Get A Place Of Secondary Assignment :
Asides from your place of primary assignment (PPA), you can devote yourself to other activities, you can get a place of secondary assignment where you seek a part time job or work during the weekend.

5. Become a WhistleBlower:
The Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF) whistleblowing programme is designed to encourage anyone with information about a violation of financial regulations, mismanagement of public funds and assets, financial malpractice, fraud, and theft to report it. As awkward as it may seem, a youth corp member could be a perfect whistleblower. If you notice any financial dealings at your PPA or anywhere around you, all you need do is to head over to the FMF-Whistleblowing online portal to submit your tip. A Whistleblower is entitled to anywhere between 2.5%-5.0% of the amount recovered. The best part is, every whistleblower is entitled to protection; no one will know you submitted the tip! That looks like a lucrative business isn’t it? You don’t even need a capital!

I hope you can find this piece helpful, as the saying goes, “ An Idle Hand is The Devil’s workshop”.

Here is wishing you a great service year experience.

http://fabinfos.com/5-things-can-engage-service-year/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

Nice one bro, I learned and runs a barbing salon during my time..

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by vicben27(m): 7:27am On May 09, 2017
fucck a few free punanies! all na part of experience! service was great!
Re: 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year by iVentHub(m): 7:31am On May 09, 2017
Op is right

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta Corpers Embark On Environmental Sanitation (photos) / Will NASU Strike Affect NYSC 2013 Batch C Posting? / ​NYSC 2017 Batch ‘B’ Stream II Orientation Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.