Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,592 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards (45446 Views)

Disabled South African Lady Graduates After Being Discouraged By Lecturer / 19-Year-Old Nigerian Lady Graduates From UK University After Repeating Exams / Nigerian Lady Graduates Among 40 Exceptional Women From Harvard University. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by sunshineV(f): 12:19pm On May 09, 2017
[quote author=Tazdroid post=56350647][/quote] DAT mouth na d selling point
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by bobothem(m): 12:21pm On May 09, 2017
Ika people do answer the name Isibor. She is from Abavo, Delta State
Eseose9:

How?
She is not Igbo nor Yoruba.
She is Esan,Edo state

2 Likes

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by EmekaBlue(m): 12:22pm On May 09, 2017
CONGRATS GIRL
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Siscooh: 12:23pm On May 09, 2017
Ofemmanu1:
Igbos wont like this news
Who are
Igbos!!!!!!
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by bobothem(m): 12:23pm On May 09, 2017
We the Ika nation do bear many Esan names
sirOrubebe:
Nah. Isibor is Esan, in Edo State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 09, 2017
Congrats! Thanks for making Nigeria proud
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by toshmann(m): 12:34pm On May 09, 2017
Girls like this should be making headlines across the country.

My dear congrats. You are a great chick
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by merxi55(f): 12:35pm On May 09, 2017
Congratulations to her. ..more power.
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by chara019: 12:41pm On May 09, 2017
some Nigerians be acting like Dumbos,arguing over her state of origin,what does it tend to contribute to their life? if she is Igbo or yoruba or itskiri does it change anything? y'all just promoting hate and envy.
I tire for this country sef....

Congratulobia to you jawe.God help us all to grow in success too.Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Sirpaul(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2017
no vex hope say you no eat the rice wey you order sha?......
TheLogicalMind:

Bros, see as you don mess up my fasting sad After seeing this your pic, I jus had to walk into a nearby restaurant and order for jollof rice. angry
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by SIRmanjar(m): 12:57pm On May 09, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
Congrats, Omo Bini.

At least we can have a little peace on NL here .
Although as an Abakeleke man, I see her as Oduduwa. grin

Bros You can Lie ehhhn... her mom's name is Eyitemi. Which means she is most likely Itsekiri.
Her papa and Mama na Oduduwa jam Oduduwa.

Ika is yiibbo..So my man she is an ebeo girl.
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by abels(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2017
Sirpaul:
I rejoice with you ......... come and eat
.. O boy u b caterer

1 Like

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by AbakalikiPress: 1:05pm On May 09, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Ika is yiibbo..So my man she is an ebeo girl.

Ika is Yibbo really?
But Ikas say they are Ika and not Yiibo.

1 Like

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Tedassie(m): 1:13pm On May 09, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Sai EDO STATE

All the Winch for Edo state don fail tongue

Na God get power grin
She's from Ika in Delta state...gbef!
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by naijajobx: 1:13pm On May 09, 2017
congrat
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by TheLogicalMind(m): 1:18pm On May 09, 2017
Sirpaul:
no vex hope say you no eat the rice wey you order sha?......

The Spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak cry

1 Like

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Kingzy4pep(m): 1:32pm On May 09, 2017
sirOrubebe:
Listen! Some delta Ibos bear Isibor. Even Iyare too.
And if you can read properly, You would see where it was clearly stated that she's from Abavo in Ika south local government area of Delta State and I know that town/village very well.
So, chill.

2 Likes

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Azam101: 1:32pm On May 09, 2017
Congratulations
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by aamstih: 1:42pm On May 09, 2017
Wow... Congrats.

Did you study Mathematics and Statistics?

PrettyHausaGirl:
I graduated with first class at age 19..no big deal

Check my signature
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Abee79(m): 1:44pm On May 09, 2017
cool cool cool cool cool

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by dejiolaniyan(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2017
PrettyHausaGirl:
I graduated with first class at age 19..no big deal

Check my signature
Yur Indeed Pretty Though And Are You For Real?@ur Signature
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by AlphaStyles(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2017
she's a Nigerian not biafran so idiots get it
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Unimaginable123: 1:57pm On May 09, 2017
IgbosAreGreat:
ipod 0 afonja 0
she's delta igbo naa. So, it's IPOB 1
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Unimaginable123: 1:58pm On May 09, 2017
AlphaStyles:
she's a Nigerian not biafran so idiots get it
she's igbo. That's what matters

1 Like

Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Unimaginable123: 2:01pm On May 09, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Ika is Yibbo really?
But Ikas say they are Ika and not Yiibo.
doesn't matter what they say. They are igbos.
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Akjwyzepal(m): 2:03pm On May 09, 2017
see babe. Abeg bring me vaseline make i anoint this cindarela. Na vaseline we dy use anoint 4 mah church. Dnt ask 4 d name, don't
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Akjwyzepal(m): 2:05pm On May 09, 2017
mrkenedy002:
the way i made my money........see details below
is it pay b4 or afta? Cnt watsap nw msg asap.
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by AlphaStyles(m): 2:08pm On May 09, 2017
Unimaginable123:
she's igbo. That's what matters

Igbo no dy part of Nigeria?
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by jackie35(m): 2:21pm On May 09, 2017
winkmart:
Twenty year-old Nigerian-born Diane Isibor, on Saturday, went home with two prestigious awards during the 223rd convocation ceremony of Valdosta State University, United States.

They are the Spring 2017 President’s/Vice Chancellor’s Award for Academic Excellence (for the Harley Langdale Jr. College of Business Administration) and Annie Power Hopper Award.

The President’s award was bestowed on Isibor, a student from Abavo in the Ika South Local Government Area of Delta State, during the institution’s 223rd convocation held on Friday, May 5, and Saturday, May 6.

Isibor graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance with a first class and Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4 over 4, not dropping a point from her first to final year

The President’s Award for Academic Excellence is presented to the graduating student with the highest grade point average in each of VSU’s five Colleges – College of Arts and Sciences, College of the Arts, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Harley Langdale Jr. College of Business Administration, and James L. and Dorothy H. Dewar College of Education and Human Services.

The Chairman, Academic Honours and Awards Committee, VSU, Abigail Heuss, in a letter addressed to her, said people with highest levels of academic excellence were considered for Annie Power Hopper Award.

She said, “Only those few students who best exemplify the traditions of the university, the character, dignity, and charm associated with the memory of Annie P. Hopper, and who have achieved highest levels of academic excellence, are considered.

“I am happy to report that out of our finalists, you have been chosen as this year’s Annie Power Hopper Award winner, recognised by faculty from across Valdotsa State University as embodying the very best that the university seeks to cultivate in its students. On behalf of the rest of the committee, I congratulate you on this important achievement and look forward to seeing you at this year’s Honours Night dinner.”

Isibor served as the official banner carrier for the Harley Langdale Jr. College of Business Administration during the undergraduate graduation ceremony on the VSU Front Lawn.

“I am highly honoured to be considered for this award. This honour is evidence that hard work pays. I am elated to lead my fellow graduates into the commencement area. My ultimate goal is to be a leader in business. The Harley Langdale Jr. College of Business Administration has been instrumental in helping me prepare to achieve this goal,” said the daughter of Eyitemi and Desmond Isibor.

During her time as a student at VSU, Isibor regularly achieved the Dean’s List status, served as a university ambassador and a Wiley PLUS student partner, and earned a spot in the Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honours Society and the Mu Zeta chapter of Beta Alpha Psi Accounting and Finance Honours Society, where she served as the treasurer.

She was actively involved in the Society of International Students, where she served as the vice president and treasurer; the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and the VSU chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants, where she served as the director of plant tours and events and was featured in the organisation’s Campus Connection newsletter.

According to the institution, Isibor’s commitment to academic and service excellence, resulted in her earning many laurels, including the 2016 VSU President’s Choice Scholarship, 2016 Georgia Gulf Sulfur Scholarship and 2016 Institute of Management Accountants Memorial Education Fund Award.

She plans to work as a financial analyst in Atlanta, while pursuing the professional designations typical of individuals working in the accounting and finance career fields.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/05/20-year-old-genius-nigerian-woman-bags.html

20 YEARS abi GINNI?
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by kpaofame: 2:43pm On May 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin
hahaha The post clearly state where she is from nah

Success really attracts people...shuoo see people dey claim her...Anambra, Edo, omo oduduwa etc
Last time i checked i dont know any esan with Delta as state of Origin tongue
sirOrubebe:
Re: Diane Isibor, Nigerian Lady Graduates With 1st Class In The US With Many Awards by Icon79(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2017
I congratulate the young lady. She's done a fantastic and superb job.

But.....you know there's always a "but", right cheesy

Let's get one thing straight, the American university system translates degree differently. We don't really have stuffs like first class or second class, per se. Rather we have Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude, so these naija journos should get their facts straight in their reporting.

O pari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FUTA Students Arrested For Beating Up 100 Level Female Student / Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) / Nekede Polytechnic Graduate Shares Her Accident Experience & School Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.