Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) (2844 Views)

Beware Some Househelps Are Sexual Predators / Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? Please Give Reasons! / Security: Beware Scammers Tricking Househelps/maids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 12:48pm On May 09, 2017
With news updates coming up lately on househelps and atrocities they commit at their employers houses, got me wondering like what could have gone wrong?

I thought of Home Service agency,why don't people go through this platform?
Is it the expenses or unawareness?
but i believe that it's safer,what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:14pm On May 09, 2017
Much cheaper to go to the village, and tell your poor neighbor that you will bring their child to Lagos, and send her to school, while you use her as a maid FOR FREE.

5 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 1:33pm On May 09, 2017
seriously
a naive youth?
what about the money you'll use to train her?

i still say a trained maid counts; matured and efficient. Plus they are not expensive,depending on where you're asking from.

1 Like

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by byvan03: 1:52pm On May 09, 2017
No for me, can't manage them.

4 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 09, 2017
it's just more expensive. and Nigerians are cheap and like to take advantage of others.

They'd rather bring someone from the village, even a relative, than to employ someone through an agency.

3 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 09, 2017
nitharaey:
seriously
a naive youth?

Public schools are cheap.

There are ridiculously cheap private schools as well.

okirika clothe is cheap.

how much food will one person eat?

so it's not money.

5 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by yvelchstores(f): 2:25pm On May 09, 2017
I personally don't like helps cos I had terrible experiences growing up with them so I will never take the risk of putting my children through same ordeal. I had to resign cos of this Tho. I mean it with all my heart. My baby is worth all the sacrifices I can give. This is MY opinion Tho.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:26pm On May 09, 2017
nitharaey:
seriously
a naive youth?

i still say a trained maid counts; matured and efficient. Plus they are not expensive,depending on where you're asking from.

Train who?! The majority never get sent to school and instead work their life away, for free.

2 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 09, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Train who?! The majority never get sent to school and instead work their life away, for free.

Lies, post statistics, haba. You think a parent will allow this, you have to either train in school or skill or pay these days na.

4 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:35pm On May 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lies, post statistics, haba. You think a parent will allow this, you have to either train in school or skill thee days na.

So you mean parents in the village, who couldn't provide for their kids, will demand a school report?! The training is done AT HOME... Train to clean dishes etc.

3 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 09, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

So you mean parents in the village, who couldn't provide for their kids, will demand a school report?! The training is done AT HOME... Train to clean dishes etc.

Lol not these days o, people are wiser, they will demand something as education is free in some states these days. You have to do one of the three things most times except in rare cases

3 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by sisisioge: 2:38pm On May 09, 2017
Yes! Person no go kill him abi her self. All that unpaid for labour could be do without biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:56pm On May 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol not these days o, people are wiser, they will demand something as education is free in some states these days. You have to do one of the three things most times except in rare cases

You are making it seem like these parents are making them a favour...... Hell NO!
These people that go to the village, and agree to take their kids , certainly believe they are doing these poor parents a favour, thus do whatever they desire with these kids... And sadly, Some have a good heart, others are demons!

1 Like

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 09, 2017
You could get someone to look after the house while you look after your children. Don't entrust your children with anyone. Please don't use a child because that's child slavery cry

1 Like

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 4:07pm On May 09, 2017
nice opinions

seeing your fears.......

i had a maid while little that year,we had big time issues with her because she was referred randomly to us. so due to that i stuck to d no maid/help thing.
But recently i discovered going through agencies is superb, leaving the price out of it, there are benefits. Agencies does thorough background check on their workers, and security wise, it's commendable and guaranteed. They offer vast services,and they train their workers. I'll always recommend part-time helps though.

INTRODUCING NITHA HELPERS

We are an agency, offering employment solutions to anyone who needs a helper, reliable maid nanny, cleaners, part time or full time . We hire helpers in all categories, run a back ground check on all of them i.e. ITC, Criminal records and qualification check (if any).
We train them, on a regular basis; we equipped them with the relevant skills they might need to perform their duties or to develop in future.

BENEFITS

• Cost: It's very affordable i.e negotiable........no agent fee

• Skillful workers

• Help during emergency

• Comprehensive care

• Reliability and expertise
Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:04pm On May 09, 2017
^^^ so this thread was to market your business?! No wonder you are against free house help from the village.. Bwaaaah!

4 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 5:19pm On May 09, 2017
**smiles**
believe me.....it's no good

that was what led to the genesis of my agency 2 years bk, so was also sharing.
Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by SirVintageCock: 5:37pm On May 09, 2017
nitharaey:
**smiles**

Aha aha, your maid was a witch. .... probably, after the confession was beaten out of her like the Nigerian police. Your children are never witches, it's always the kids from another parents whom you can subjects to all kinds of mental torture to prove how mentally wacko your religion is.

You people nauseate me embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 9:12am On May 10, 2017
i was a kid then.....and no1 was tortured.

get your facts right before placing accuses.
SirVintageCock:
Aha aha, your maid was a witch. .... probably, after the confession was beaten out of her like the Nigerian police. Your children are never witches, it's always the kids from another parents whom you can subjects to all kinds of mental torture to prove how mentally wacko your religion is.

You people nauseate me embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by SirVintageCock: 9:19am On May 10, 2017
nitharaey:
i was a kid then.....and no1 was tortured, she came out plain, i'm from a strong christian home.

get your facts right before placing accuses.
Oh yeah. She came out to confess and you were a kid then. Strong christian family is synonymous with delusions and paranoia. So I am not in the least doubting her coming out to confess.
Funny how it's always someone's child confessing.

3 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 9:49am On May 10, 2017
j
Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by Acidosis(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2017
nitharaey:
**smiles**

You need to go back to the drawing board. Nobody will take you serious if you throw the witchcraft scenario at them. I'm from a strong Christian home as well, but I wouldn't do business using that witchcraftry line. By simply using that line, you have singlehandedly reduced your target market by 80%. The remaining 20% who perhaps believe in the "Christian type of witchcraft" would be sceptical about the kind of orientation you give your helps/maids.

In sum, you have seriously constrained your business using that line. Just so you know, a lot of devoted Christians are now very wary of people who name kids witchcraft...whether you're right or wrong, many people, including devoted Christians might look elsewhere.

Try and reconstruct your brand message. Provide details regarding your operations, locations, contacts (beyond one phone number). Privately, you need to draft a "Terms of Contract", and other legal agreements (this is a very serious business that must be established).
I have samples of related "Terms of Contracts" but for confidential reasons, I wouldn't be able to share. Use your google search to find samples online, download and reconstruct to taste.

You can reach out to me in private.

3 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 10:22am On May 10, 2017
Acidosis:

You need to go back to the drawing board. Nobody will take you serious if you throw the witchcraft scenario at them. I'm from a strong Christian home as well, but I wouldn't do business using that witchcraftry line. By simply using that line, you have singlehandedly reduced your target market by 80%. The remaining 20% who perhaps believe in the "Christian type of witchcraft" would be sceptical about the kind of orientation you give your helps/maids.

In sum, you have seriously constrained your business using that line. Just so you know, a lot of devoted Christians are now very wary of people who name kids witchcraft...whether you're right or wrong, many people, including devoted Christians might look elsewhere.

Try and reconstruct your brand message. Provide details regarding your operations, locations, contacts (beyond one phone number). Privately, you need to draft a "Terms of Contract", and other legal agreements (this is a very serious business that must be established).
I have samples of related Terms of Contracts but for confidential reasons, I wouldn't be able to share. Use your google search to find samples online, download and reconstruct to taste.

You can reach out to me in private.

thanks dear....noted
i'm actually managing this account,so i appreciate plus that issue wasn't the objective of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 10:38am On May 10, 2017
NITHA HELPERS IS AN AGENCY THAT PROVIDES
HOME CARE SERVICES,AND HAS BEEN PUTTING
SMILES ON MOST HOME FACES, IT HAS ALSO EMPLOYED
A LOT OF SKILLFUL INDIVIDUALS,WHO ARE VERY
EFFICIENT IN THEIR VARIOUS FIELDS.

FOR MORE INFO,FOLLOW OUR FB PAGE @nithahelpers
Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by ststyreal(f): 10:50pm On May 10, 2017
nitharaey:
nice opinions

seeing your fears.......

i had a maid while little that year,we had big time issues with her because she was referred randomly to us. so due to that i stuck to d no maid/help thing.
But recently i discovered going through agencies is superb, leaving the price out of it, there are benefits. Agencies does thorough background check on their workers, and security wise, it's commendable and guaranteed. They offer vast services,and they train their workers. I'll always recommend part-time helps though.

INTRODUCING NITHA HELPERS

We are an agency, offering employment solutions to anyone who needs a helper, reliable maid nanny, cleaners, part time or full time . We hire helpers in all categories, run a back ground check on all of them i.e. ITC, Criminal records and qualification check (if any).
We train them, on a regular basis; we equipped them with the relevant skills they might need to perform their duties or to develop in future.

BENEFITS

• Cost: It's very affordable i.e negotiable........no agent fee

• Skillful workers

• Help during emergency

• Comprehensive care

• Reliability and expertise

for more info whatsapp/call 09093576242
Will talk to u soon
Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by Mofpearl: 2:38am On May 11, 2017
Yes. I used to be pro live in house helps but I think its much better to pay them per hour and have them leave after cleaning. I prefer agencies as well.

2 Likes

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 7:48am On May 12, 2017
ststyreal:

Will talk to u soon

okay
Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 7:50am On May 12, 2017
Mofpearl:
Yes. I used to be pro live in house helps but I think its much better to pay them per hour and have them leave after cleaning. I prefer agencies as well.

thanks for your opinion wink cool

1 Like

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nkwuocha1: 11:25pm On May 12, 2017
Many Nigerians actually do need help because they live too large and are time wasters.Many whites hire nannies than house helps.In Nigeria, you will see a family of 4 staying in a 4 bedroom duplex and you wonder why they need to hire more hands to clean up dusty but empty rooms? A family of 4 can do well in a two bedroom and maintain it without househelp, except Ofcourse for a nanny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by nitharaey(f): 8:05pm On May 13, 2017
nkwuocha1:
Many Nigerians actually do need help because they live too large and are time wasters.Many whites hire nannies than house helps.In Nigeria, you will see a family of 4 staying in a 4 bedroom duplex and you wonder why they need to hire more hands to clean up dusty but empty rooms? A family of 4 can do well in a two bedroom and maintain it without househelp, except Ofcourse for a nanny.

nice 1
Re: Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:07pm On May 14, 2017
DhcLtd:
Are you in need of any of these domestic staff? Executive Drivers, House Maids, Cleaners, Cooks, Care Givers, Errand Officer, Laundry attendants, gardeners? Look no further because Domestic Help Company Nigeria is here to offer you the best services at an affordable cost. We post anywhere within and outside Nigeria. What are you waiting for? Call Now! 09063340080

May I ask... Can you confirm that if any of your staff stumble upon the oga's stash of cash, they won't steal it (like that bastard who stole the oga's 24M)?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miscarriage: Signs, Causes, And Treatment / Please Suggest Best Possible Way To Divorce My Bro And His Wife / Would You Marry A Man You Can't Trust?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.