Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Security: Beware Scammers Tricking Househelps/maids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Security: Beware Scammers Tricking Househelps/maids (612 Views)

Beware Some Househelps Are Sexual Predators / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents / Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Security: Beware Scammers Tricking Househelps/maids by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
This just happened today, and I thought it's wise to share here, most of the times, we can be secured and smart against these 419(s), however the house-help/maids are mostly not that smart or equipped to think logically. Someone came pretending to the girl, that he was sent from my mother, and she left the guy in the parlour for some time before she called my mother to confirm that and the guy left. But she lied she didn't allow the guy inside, only my mother to realize her Laptop was stolen, I have 2 laptop so I decided to give her mine................................only for me to discover mine too was stolen, as i usually keep the laptop in the parlour. Still trying to do a check to see what's missing and what's not.

Tell your maids or house-help not to open the door for any friend or anyone they don't know regardless of whether they were sent from you or not.

It's painful because my Mother's document and works and all were in that laptop, as for me my laptop was empty but it's sad though
Re: Security: Beware Scammers Tricking Househelps/maids by teeghurl(f): 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
Awww, sorry to hear that. But it sounds like an inside job, perhaps someone who has been monitoring the family's movement to know the best time to strike
Re: Security: Beware Scammers Tricking Househelps/maids by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
teeghurl:
Awww, sorry to hear that. But it sounds like an inside job, perhaps someone who has been monitoring the family's movement to know the best time to strike

I won't say inside job, more like observation our close is quiet as most of the people there are workers who leave for work, so they've figured it's mostly the help that's usually around, and sadly our help is not intelligent at all, and very playful, I've already given directives to send her away. because i will be out of the house, my last born leave early and comes home late, my friend(childhood bro) staying with us, mostly leaves and comes extremely late, he even warned her because she allowed a friend of mine in the parlour who was waiting for me. If i can't feel secured in my house, then there's no point staying here which is why i am of the opinion she leaves. She's too dull and absent-minded. Anyway we are replacing momsi's laptop tomorrow sha.

lipsrsealed Unforseen gbese

(1) (Reply)

Photo:can A Nigeria Father Endure Think ? / They Always Ask / Couple Use Convoy Of Keke Napeps On Their Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.