Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke (3243 Views)

No Amount Of Postponement Can Save Buhari From Defeat – Onuesoke / Why Do Igbos Want To Steal All The Oil With 'Biafra'? / "Real Reason Igbos Want To Leave Nigeria" – Ex Governor Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 09, 2017
Jolted by recent statement of General Ipoola Alani Akinrinade (rtd) that Igbos should have been allowed to secede, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Sunny Onuesoke has added his voice to the claim by advising the Federal Government on the best way to resolve the Igbos agitation for self realization.

Speaking to group of journalists in Abuja, Onuesoke said people and ethnic nationalities have rights that must be respected, adding that if the Igbos wants to be on their own, they should be allowed to go.

He, however advised that for there to be avoidable bloodshed, the Federal Government should conduct a referendum among the Igbos both in Nigeria and Diaspora over their demand for self determination so that some of them are not forced against the wish.

According to him, “In 1973 Northern Ireland voted in referendum either to be part of United Kingdom or not and the citizens voted against it. Scotland equally conducted referendum in 2014 to break away from UK but the people also voted against it. Just recently, in June 2016 United Kingdom conducted a referendum on either to stay in European Union or not and they voted in favour of it. Such experiment should also be emulated in the case of the Igbos.”

He argued that it is a fact that the different regions that made up Nigeria were brought together by Lord Lugard during the 1914 amalgamation without taking into consideration their historical and cultural diversification, stressing that the only policy that would have made Nigeria intact and peaceful is when they practice true federalism.

Onuesoke who is one of the agitators of true federalism stressed that since Nigerian leaders refused to tow the line of true federalism, the best line of action is that those who want to go their way like the Igbos should be allowed to go but the it should be done through referendum.

“Why must we force ourselves to live together in a fake entity created whites?Hausa, Fulanis, Yorubas, Igbos, Nupe and Kanuri among others do not have any genealogical, cultural, language, beliefs, ideological and even looks affiliations.
http://independent.ng/igbos-want-leave-let-go-onuesoke/

“Is it difficult to understand that Yoruba and Igbo do not share common ancestry, and their cohabiting is not of their freewill or consent, but by coercion of the meddlesome British empire? That migrant Fulani’s, who share same DNA with Berbers and Tuaregs of North Africa are incompatible with Igbo’s who share similar DNA with Jews of Israel,” he stated.

5 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by GloriaNinja(f): 1:04pm On May 09, 2017
HE IS RIGHT

6 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by LionDeLeo: 1:04pm On May 09, 2017
I just wonder why these people keep disturbing this country. Don't they have leaders at different levels of govt?

Can't they prevail on those their leaders if they are really ready to solely take charge of their five states? Why are they disturbing the fed govt?

Despite these noise, I have not heard or read it anywhere that one governor, legislator or minister from them is making a case to that effect.

6 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by Igboesika: 1:05pm On May 09, 2017
Waiting for unity beggars to jump in here to start laying curses on this sincere man for expressing his opinion.

Anybody who is telling you that Nigeria would last for ages is a Lucifer's product.

Nigeria won't last for ages, I repeat, Nigeria won't last for ages.
Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by donmalcolm21(m): 1:20pm On May 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:
I just wonder why these people keep disturbing this country. Don't they have leaders at different levels of govt?

Can't they prevail on those their leaders if they are really ready to solely take charge of their five states? Why are they disturbing the fed govt?

Despite these noise, I have not heard or read it anywhere that one governor, legislator or minister from them is making a case to that effect.
Unity Beggar

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by citizenY(m): 1:24pm On May 09, 2017
Noisemakers, all over the place.

A full grown adult with two legs does not know how to walk away.

3 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by deedeedee1: 2:28pm On May 09, 2017
Let Nigeria separate. It is not by force to live together since the country itself was forcefully created by the Europeans. By allowing ethnic groups no matter how small they are in size and population to determine their future without being suppressed by the majority, Africa as as a continent will surely progress and will have peace. It is high time we stop repeating and doing same thing over again and expecting a different result. I am ethnically Yoruba with ijesha blood and i say let Nigeria split!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by Evestar200(f): 2:46pm On May 09, 2017
Speechless
Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 09, 2017
Nobody is going anywhere, our Constitution does not recognize referendum and Nigeria is under no obligation to listen to the opinion of nonentities so forget it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by feemi: 3:23pm On May 09, 2017
Biafran referendum is the answer. And Biafra allowed to go peacefully.
Anarchy is not good for anybody.
Let Biafra go!

3 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by AyakaDunukofia: 3:29pm On May 09, 2017
Really
Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by AyakaDunukofia: 3:42pm On May 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Power belongs to the masses and not the five governors or legislators as is in this case. It is the people that will make a case to that effect, of which they are doing and doing it relentlessly. Referendum or plebiscite is the answer to the quest for self determination around the world. No more guns. Nigeria, at a point, will come round it. She has no choice...Nigeria conducted a referendum in 1961 which allowed a part of Eastern Nigeria (western Cameroun) join their heart desire,Cameroun. That said, the result could even surprise many people. It could go any way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by rainylad(f): 3:48pm On May 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:

....See lamentions all over this post cheesy..sorry dude but Nigeria has a date with destiny...Your cries and anguish cannot stop it.

...@topic the PDP guy is spot on.

5 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:52pm On May 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:

5 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by LionDeLeo: 3:56pm On May 09, 2017
rainylad:

....See lamentions all over this post cheesy..sorry dude but Nigeria has a date with destiny...Your cries and anguish cannot stop it.

...@topic the PDP guy is spot on.

Keep quiet and read between the lines. Where is the lamentation?

Nobody gives a flying fvck if you restrict yourselves to your 5 states but your leaders should be heard sponsoring such bills as the fed govt is not under any obligation to listen to illiterate miscreant ipob members.

Now, get out.

2 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by rainylad(f): 4:03pm On May 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Nobody gives a flying fvck if you restrict yourselves to your 5 states but your leaders should be heard sponsoring such bills as the fed govt is not under any obligation to listen to illiterate miscreant ipob members.

Now, get out.

...Cry louder dude..perhaps your cries will ease your anguish and pain at the thought of being kicked to the kerb and make IPOB stop their agitations...

...What is your freakking business??...our leaders are not blablabla,and so what??...are they your leaders or is it your agitations??...see troubleoo!

....Anyway Poor 'unity beggars'..your time is up whether you like it or not..We are tired of you all and will keep working on dumping you lots one step at a time..All you can do is cry in pain and anguish on-line...period.

7 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by KahlDrogo(m): 4:08pm On May 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:

They think ranting like rhesus Monkeys on steroids is what would eventually give them the useless country they seek.

They should do the needful by recalling ALL their reps at the federal level, both in the executive and legislature and force their governors and local government chairmen to stop collecting allocations from the Nigerian government.

That way, I'd start taking their noise seriously.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by DeadlyViper000: 4:11pm On May 09, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

Now, get out.
[/s]
Shatap

8 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by LionDeLeo: 4:13pm On May 09, 2017
rainylad:

...Cry louder dude..perhaps your cries will ease your anguish and pain at the thought of being kicked to the kerb and make IPOB stop their agitations...

...What is your freakking business??...our leaders are not blablabla,and so what??...are they your leaders or is it your agitations??...see troubleoo!

....Anyway Poor 'unity beggars'..your time is up whether you like it or not..We are tired of you all and will keep working on dumping you lots one step at a time..All you can do is cry in pain and anguish on-line...pqeriod.

You must be mistaken. If I have my way, I will order all of you to start moving to your villages immediately.

Yes, the fact that your leaders have been silent while illiterate miscreants take to streets throws the hypocrisy to the surface. Govt should listen to illiterates when their representatives are silent? Which school you go? Just like countries entering into agreement without the consent of the countries' leadership, who does that?

Haha, who is begging for unity with liepods? Hmm. I don't know of others, but personally, I swear and I repeat, if I have my way, I will declare any liepod member an illegal immigrant within 48 hrs from now. What does Nigeria benefit from them?

Gerrout.

4 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by DeadlyViper000: 4:14pm On May 09, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

You must be mistaken. If I have my way, I will order all of you to start moving to your villages immediately.

Yes, the fact that your leaders have been silent while illiterate miscreants take to streets throws the hypocrisy to the surface. Govt should listen to illiterates when their representatives are silent? Which school you go? Just like countries entering into agreement without the consent of the countries' leadership, who does that?

Haha, who is begging for unity with liepods? Hmm. I don't know of others, but personally, I swear and I repeat, if I have my way, I will declare any liepod member an illegal immigrant within 48 hrs from now. What does Nigeria benefit from them?

Gerrout.
[/s] another useless trash

7 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by babyfaceafrica: 4:14pm On May 09, 2017
Source?
Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by LionDeLeo: 4:18pm On May 09, 2017
KahlDrogo:
They think ranting like rhesus Monkeys on steroids is what would eventually give them the useless country they seek.

They should do the needful by recalling ALL their reps at the federal level, both in the executive and legislature and force their governors and local government chairmen to stop collecting allocations from the Nigerian government.

That way, I'd start taking their noise seriously.

As simple as that, rather than disturbing everyone about their yeye country.

What does Nigeria even benefit from any of those five states? What stops their leaders from pushing for those agitations? Or the govt should listen to illiterate cownu, in his capacity as what?

The way they talk about this their biafra sometimes can be very amusing. Nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by rainylad(f): 4:19pm On May 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Gerrout.

.....This post of yours is saturated with Liar Mohammed's-induced lies and garnished with pain,anguish and defeat...I know its painful to be rejected and kicked off,but we are sick of you all and your acute shenanigans..Its game over to you all..sorry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by LionDeLeo: 4:31pm On May 09, 2017
rainylad:

.....This post of yours is saturated with Liar Mohammed's-induced lies and garnished with pain,anguish and defeat...I know its painful to be rejected and kicked off,but we are sick of you all and your acute shenanigans..Its game over to you all..sorry

Bla bla bla without saying anything in particular.

I repeat, left for me, you should be in your villages within 48 hrs from now.

Is that too difficult for you to understand?

3 Likes

Re: If The Igbos Want To Leave, Let Them Go – Onuesoke by LionDeLeo: 4:33pm On May 09, 2017
IgbosAreGreat:

Yea he have started calling mod

Skull miners

Aba made English

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evans Can Still Beat Kidnapping Charges In Court / IPOB Sit At Home: What I Saw Today In Onitsha / South Africa Is Nothing Without Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.