Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. (902 Views)

Palaces You Should Never Keep Your Phones / Keep Your Phones Everybody - The New Tecno Spark 2 Is Here, And It Is Beautiful. / Please Stop Charging Your Phones In Public Outlets! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by saxby(f): 1:58pm On May 09, 2017
I got this message from one Pastor Sam K. Mensah flying around in one of the groups I belong to on whatsapp and it has been generating serious debate. I decided to bring it here for You guys to read and tell me what you think.

DOES IT MAKE SENSE?

"THE PASSWORD ON YOUR PHONE"
URGENT PLEASE READ

Today, technology and modernization has made it in such a way that every one want his/her privacy. The word "trust" is even questionable and no more trusted by people. There is password on almost everything from phone to everything we can, just to protect our information and keep our privacy. But what sense does it make when keeping a password on our phone send us or another to the grave instead of saving life? What then are we "securing"?.

Three friends had an accident in a car and became unconscious. A stranger got to the scene and wanted to call for help. He had no phone. There were six mobile phones in the accident car but all had password on them. They all died as a result.

A pregnant lady collapsed at home with her little daughter(a minor). The little girl had no idea of what was happening but saw her mother gasping for air. She picked her mother's phone to call her daddy but there was a password on the phone. By grace, her big brother left his phone on his bed while going to school and she called the father and her mother was saved because her brother had no password on his phone else the pregnant woman would have lost her life. Whose fault would that have been?

An armed men came to rob a family. The second child happen to be in a little room which the armed men thought it was a store room and never entered. He had no phone but his sister's phone was on charge in his room. He tried to call for help but there was password on his sister's phone. They raped and killed them leaving only the little one. He saw everything through the key hole. Police station and military barracks were closer. He knew numbers he could call for help but "password" was on the sister's phone.

A young man died with so much wealth in an unknown bank. The information was on his phone. No one could access the information because there is password on the phone.

My advice is this. You are too precious than the information you are securing on your phone. Only put password on your whatsapp, text messages, facebook, files, etc and leave the call side free. You may one day save your life or the life of your loved ones. The password on your phone can be your death warrant. Think twice.

With this one will be in a dilemma. Having a password in your phone can help you when your phone is lost. Especially as the thief can't have access to your details. Phones these days have even upgraded to reading finger print.

To me I believe to avoid something like this is to use the contact details of your loved one as screen saver or lock screen picture in case of emergency. But then, what happens when the phones needs to be open for a call to be made?
Another issue is security in cars. What if there is an emergency and and you can't drive the car beyond a certain point due to security and the person with the password isn't available?

Guys what do you think? is it okay to use password, pattern or pin for a phone? Especially when emergency can come up?

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by Dandsome: 2:00pm On May 09, 2017
It depends
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by Behankey(m): 2:02pm On May 09, 2017
Security is never bad. It's good.
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by investigator007: 2:03pm On May 09, 2017
There should be a level where it should reach. However one can't be too careful in the country
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by saxby(f): 2:05pm On May 09, 2017
Behankey:
Security is never bad. It's good.

In the context above, what happens when there's an emergency and this same security is hindering calls from being made to save a life?
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by dejiWEST: 2:06pm On May 09, 2017
People lock their phones for all sorts of reasons, good ones tbh and I feel the finger print sensor especially the ones on phones like the L9 and Camon Cx is a good thing . they could try all the fingers if there's time grin
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by shiftback: 2:08pm On May 09, 2017
You actually raised salient points.
Just put a password your device and hope those scenarios you painted don't happen to you or loved ones.
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 09, 2017
It's a matter of choice
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by shiftback: 2:11pm On May 09, 2017
saxby:

In the context above, what happens when there's an emergency and this same security is hindering calls from being made to save a life?
Fingerprint reader comes in handy for situations like this.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by Dandsome: 2:13pm On May 09, 2017
dejiWEST:
People lock their phones for all sorts of reasons, good ones tbh and I feel the finger print sensor especially the ones on phones like the L9 and Camon Cx is a good thing . they could try all the fingers if there's time grin

Its not about testing all the fingers. Like one of the examples sited above was where a child was hiding somewhere but couldn't make a phone because of pin abi na password, do you expect the child to run and test all the fingers?

Even where is lalasticlala when you need him? Though I know snakes done have fingers to press passwords and pattern, at least others can send in their input if you send to fp
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by Techm8: 2:16pm On May 09, 2017
Dandsome:
It depends
On what?
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by Techm8: 2:20pm On May 09, 2017
When you have a roommate like mine you'll be forced to Use every available security on your phone. grin Lol...you need to see his face when i got my Camon Cx and he saw that it came with a fingerprint reader.
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by sureinfo: 2:24pm On May 09, 2017
This Op self. Na car Talk be this? My friend take it to the phone section.
Puskin, dragnet, marpol, mynd44, and uncle lalasticlala come and catch dis Op. He wants to deceive us. He has join badt Gang.

Meanwhile, na who password help? We have been using it since D tym of Nokia torchlight. Na Hu d tin finally epp?

Modified : Mods, the OP has modified it. I guess it's worthy of Frontpage now.

What dost thou think @ Seun and lalasticlala?
Re: Extreme Security In Your Phones And Car, Does It Make Sense? A Must Read. by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 09, 2017
Security is good, particularly to prevent theft, but it shouldn't be stretched.

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi To Suspend Updates For Some Older Devices After MIUI 9 Update / Should I Swap My Samsung Galaxy S5 To S6 for #23000 / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Specs And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.