Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,422 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment (41727 Views)

Wife Pours Boiling Water On Her Husband In Bayelsa For Slapping Her (Graphic) / Brother ‘sets’ Pregnant Sister Ablaze For ‘slapping’ Mum / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:31pm On May 09, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
when I talk say opioro head afonja men like to beat women, dem ban all my comments. Now barely 48hrs after that you can see it here again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by bumi10(m): 4:31pm On May 09, 2017
too long
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by manikspears: 4:32pm On May 09, 2017
buffalowings4:
My people my people

Dem think dey are in osun state grin
That is kuku not how afonjas behave its those onces that decided to be basterds

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Kobicove(m): 4:32pm On May 09, 2017
A medical doctor should be able to afford to pay reasonable wages but no he/she will not cos an average Nigerian has an issue with paying for services rendered undecided

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by onila(f): 4:33pm On May 09, 2017
yoruba people love to smuggle their people abroad

one thing I really like about them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by 4dor: 4:34pm On May 09, 2017
There are many stories like this in the UK.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by chiozor: 4:34pm On May 09, 2017
afonja..... angry not surprised....agbero is in their blood

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by SpaceAngel: 4:34pm On May 09, 2017
end of the road
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by burkingx(f): 4:35pm On May 09, 2017
grin

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Cutie09(m): 4:36pm On May 09, 2017
Babysitting here is very expensive some charge £10 an hour imagine this lady being paid just £20 a week and that's £20×52=1040 a year this is really bad Noreen day slavery everywhere these days

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by blaqroy: 4:36pm On May 09, 2017
Greedy tribe......... Name checkers wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Cutie09(m): 4:36pm On May 09, 2017
4dor:
There are many stories like this in the UK.

Yeah that's true I remember the Indian lady that was in the same condition horrible huh
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by 2n2k(m): 4:40pm On May 09, 2017
The baby-sitter sef

Served the Doctor's parents, serving the Doctor and at 37, she wan serve the Doctor's children also?

How can you be collecting £20 since 2004 and just complaining now? Even in this Buhari era, that is just N10,000.

By the way, is she a graduate because only a graduate could have been collecting N40,000 monthly in local government service in 2004.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Icon79(m): 4:43pm On May 09, 2017
Serves them right, wicked souls!

Your children are your most important possession, so if there's anyone who deserves to be paid well, it's your babysitter.

O pari

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Prosperkaro(m): 4:46pm On May 09, 2017
nwabobo:

£20 a week? This is wickedness if the highest order. When me dey find who go fit do d job for me make I dey pay N200k into d person Naija account every month.

bros I beg I'm interested in the job....
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by GeneralOjukwu: 4:48pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Though I don't support the maltreatment of workers, but the househelp shouldn't act like an ingrate.

It takes a lot to take someone abroad and give the person a better life, she should appreciate that. It's not like she had it better in Nigeria, so why should she bite the fingers feeding her over minor dispute.

The hardworking couple went through the stress of bringing her from Nigeria to the UK to help them babysit and keep the home, if she has issues, she should have found a way to table her complaints in a sensible way.

Most of these so-called househelps end up becoming arrogant and disloyal when they start having "london friends".

hmmmmm....how is 20 Pounds a week reasonable? Will you wish it on yourself and your loved ones?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by GeneralOjukwu: 4:51pm On May 09, 2017
onila:
yoruba people love to smuggle their people abroad

one thing I really like about them

Good...they don't smuggle drugs and get executed for it grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 09, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

hmmmmm....how is 20 Pounds a week reasonable? Will you wish it on yourself and your loved ones?

Ogbeni keep quiet. How many people have you employed, let alone pay their travel fees, accommodate and feed? You're talking about 20pounds as if that's the only thing they've done for her.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by GeneralOjukwu: 4:52pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

Ogbeni keep quiet. How many people have you employed, let alone pay their travel fees, accommodate and feed? You're talking about 20pounds as if that's the only thing they've done for her.

By God's grace, what you wish for others will be done to your family grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Seunpaul01(m): 4:54pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Though I don't support the maltreatment of workers, but the househelp shouldn't act like an ingrate.

It takes a lot to take someone abroad and give the person a better life, she should appreciate that. It's not like she had it better in Nigeria, so why should she bite the fingers feeding her over minor dispute.

The hardworking couple went through the stress of bringing her from Nigeria to the UK to help them babysit and keep the home, if she has issues, she should have found a way to table her complaints in a sensible way.

Most of these so-called househelps end up becoming arrogant and disloyal when they start having "london friends".

Damn, you called that a minor dispute. First, it seems u don't read the article. But if u did and give this comment then I'll assume u have a wicked heart and an ignorant as well.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 09, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

My God's grace, what you wish for others will be done to your family grin
You lack basic manners. . . All u wrote here is for you and your family alone. Since you knew you couldn't engage in constructive criticism, why quote me in the first place? Carry your negativity somewhere else.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 09, 2017
nonxo007:
Oyibo and big English, calling importation of house girl trafficking... Thank God for Nigeria sha...
Even as she hasn't been paid properly since 2004? I have plans fpr you and I will find you something are robbery statements.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by UgojiC(m): 4:57pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

How will you call her an ingrate Bros £20(#8k) per week for almost 13 years. Thats just wickedness, must she be a maid all her life. And why didn't ther hire one over there but they sought slave labour from here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by loomer: 4:57pm On May 09, 2017
Just 20card sha.

People wicked
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by GEJPosterity: 4:57pm On May 09, 2017
Kobicove:
A medical doctor should be able to afford to pay reasonable wages but no he/she will not cos an average Nigerian has an issue with paying for services rendered undecided
There's even one of them on this thread accusing the victim of being an "ingrate".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 09, 2017
UgojiC:

How will you call her an ingrate Bros £20(#8k) per week for almost 13 years. Thats just wickedness, must she be a maid all her life. And why didn't ther hire one over there but they sought slave labour from here.

There's always 2 sides to a story, I pray you don't become a victim of blackmail.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 09, 2017
Seunpaul01:

Damn, you called that a minor dispute. First, it seems u don't read the article. But if u did and give this comment then I'll assume u have a wicked heart and an ignorant as well.

I understand your perspective, but don't believe everything you see on the media. There's always two sides to a story. She's saying all they paid her was a mere 20 pounds and she's only talking out now? It's not possible Mr. Man. Judge not, so that you will not be judged.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Boscolo: 5:01pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

Guy, I am ashamed of reading your comment. With due respect, I respect your opinion but to be honest it doesn't hold water.
What this doctor did is not help but salvery and this is what some rich pple are doing in Nigeria and pple can't talk becos they ll say you are ungreatful.
£20/#400 = #32k a month (less than what she receives in Nigeria)
London is the most expensive place to live in the Uk, £20 is nothing because it cant pay your transport. A return ticket on underground is almost £4/day and this woman works Mon-Friday. My brother calculate that plz do.
No feeding, house rent , bills etc. Guy plz we should not be encouraging wickedness and termed it to be help.
Reading through your comment I weep and weep for the poor in the land.
If pple like you think this way the rich ll continue to opress the poor.
They can only do such act in Nigeria and pple like you ll appreciate them ,hence the more hardship.
A Gp earns over £3k a month , so why cant she pay that woman some reasonable amount of money.
My brother this is wickedness absolutely wickedness and we should not support it.
If a finger that Fed you is about to kill you, then there is no crime biting the finger to eascape.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

You're wicked..go take the job.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Cloth Thief Caught In Iba Estate, My Area Today / Kenyan Man's Car Tyres Stolen (PHOTOS) / Idongesit Udom, Exxonmobil Staff's Hand Amputated By Kidnappers In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.