Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,425 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment (41729 Views)

Wife Pours Boiling Water On Her Husband In Bayelsa For Slapping Her (Graphic) / Brother ‘sets’ Pregnant Sister Ablaze For ‘slapping’ Mum / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 09, 2017
Boscolo:

Guy, I am ashamed of reading your comment. With due respect, I respect your opinion but to be honest it doesn't hold water.
What this doctor did is not help but salvery and this is what some rich pple are doing in Nigeria and pple can't talk becos they ll say you are ungreatful.
£20/#400 = #32k a month (less than what she receives in Nigeria)
London is the most expensive place to live in the Uk, £20 is nothing because it cant pay your transport. A return ticket on underground is almost £4/day and this woman works Mon-Friday. My brother calculate that plz do.
No feeding, house rent , bills etc. Guy plz we should not be encouraging wickedness and termed it to be help.
Reading through your comment I weep and weep for the poor in the land.
If pple like you think this way the rich ll continue to opress the poor.
They can only do such act in Nigeria and pple like you ll appreciate them ,hence the more hardship.
A Gp earns over £3k a month , so why cant she pay that woman some reasonable amount of money.
My brother this is wickedness absolutely wickedness and we should not support it.
If a finger that Fed you is about to kill you, then there is no crime biting the finger to eascape.

So you already believe everything the house help said is true? Fear human beings ooo...
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by UgojiC(m): 5:03pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

There's always 2 sides to a story, I pray you don't become a victim of blackmail.

Yes that's true, but did you also hear the other side before calling her ingrate.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by GeneralOjukwu: 5:04pm On May 09, 2017
Boscolo:

Guy, I am ashamed of reading your comment. With due respect, I respect your opinion but to be honest it doesn't hold water.
What this doctor did is not help but salvery and this is what some rich pple are doing in Nigeria and pple can't talk becos they ll say you are ungreatful.
£20/#400 = #32k a month (less than what she receives in Nigeria)
London is the most expensive place to live in the Uk, £20 is nothing because it cant pay your transport. A return ticket on underground is almost £4/day and this woman works Mon-Friday. My brother calculate that plz do.
No feeding, house rent , bills etc. Guy plz we should not be encouraging wickedness and termed it to be help.
Reading through your comment I weep and weep for the poor in the land.
If pple like you think this way the rich ll continue to opress the poor.
They can only do such act in Nigeria and pple like you ll appreciate them ,hence the more hardship.
A Gp earns over £3k a month , so why cant she pay that woman some reasonable amount of money.
My brother this is wickedness absolutely wickedness and we should not support it.
If a finger that Fed you is about to kill you, then there is no crime biting the finger to eascape.

You are simply making a mistake of thinking his IQ is above 5.

He has attacked me for the same thing you are doing right now.

No one sane and with a functional brain would say 20 Pounds is sufficient per week considering what is the norm for others doing the work in the UK

Hunger does terrible things to the IQ...blackberlin is a living example grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 09, 2017
elfmann:

You're wicked..go take the job.

You obviously don't have the mind to examine things critically. Firstly, who said everything the househelp said is 100% true? Pray you don't become a victim of blackmail.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

There's always 2 sides to a story, I pray you don't become a victim of blackmail.
This thing happens often and mainly Yoruba pple perpetuate it..wait for d verdict. Just keep tab of this case!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by GeneralOjukwu: 5:06pm On May 09, 2017
elfmann:

You're wicked..go take the job.

He is someone who has been poor all his life and will die poor if he continues with this mindset.

Ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 09, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

He is someone who has been poor all his life and will die poor if he continues with this mindset.

Ignore him.
I've.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by abike12(f): 5:08pm On May 09, 2017
nwabobo:

£20 a week? This is wickedness if the highest order. When me dey find who go fit do d job for me make I dey pay N200k into d person Naija account every month.

ha! don't try it o. a lot of people end up in trouble with these imported domestic workers
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 09, 2017
UgojiC:

Yes that's true, but did you also hear the other side before calling her ingrate.

I never called her an ingrate. I said she shouldn't be an ingrate. You should know that those who spent millions in taking her over there would most likely not just give her a mere 20 pounds. Some Nigerians go abroad and try to blackmail people so they can cash out big time.

People shouldn't jump into conclusion cos only God knows the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Lexusgs430: 5:09pm On May 09, 2017
They should be expecting at least 3 years jail sentence each,with her struck off ........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 09, 2017
elfmann:

This thing happens often and mainly Yoruba pple perpetuate it..wait for d verdict. Just keep tab of this case!

You're very stupid to bring tribe into the issue. How many Ibos in Nigeria take cheap labour from the village and use kids as apprecntice and end up denying them of their rights? You Ibos are just a sick tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by enemyofprogress: 5:10pm On May 09, 2017
See wetin the slim guy dey climb. I don't know why slim guys like carrying fat babes that look like elephants
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Charly68: 5:11pm On May 09, 2017
I think Nigeria spirit follow them to Britain; no wonder they played into the hand of British law...am sure they would let them face the full weight of the law..Wicked people who took somebody abroad with lofty promises only to get there to enslaved her ...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Laralag: 5:14pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Though I don't support the maltreatment of workers, but the househelp shouldn't act like an ingrate. There's always 2 sides to a story and her complaint leaves so much unanswered. Is it possible that 20 pounds is all she's being paid? Really? By those who took her abroad in the first place?

It takes a lot to take someone abroad and give the person a better life, she should appreciate that. It's not like she had it better in Nigeria, so why should she bite the fingers feeding her over minor dispute.

The hardworking couple went through the stress of bringing her from Nigeria to the UK to help them babysit and keep the home, if she has issues, she should have found a way to table her complaints in a sensible way.

Most of these so-called househelps end up becoming arrogant and disloyal when they start having "london friends".

Oga blackbelin it is pple like u who will cont to b enslave becos of few droppings of naira. D couple did not bring her to d uk for a beta life but to be exploited, she is bein paid 20£ 10k weekly, not allowed to dev herself for more than 12years. My brother shame on u for thinking this is a better life.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Rosskii: 5:14pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Though I don't support the maltreatment of workers, but the househelp shouldn't act like an ingrate. There's always 2 sides to a story and her complaint leaves so much unanswered. Is it possible that 20 pounds is all she's being paid? Really? By those who took her abroad in the first place?

It takes a lot to take someone abroad and give the person a better life, she should appreciate that. It's not like she had it better in Nigeria, so why should she bite the fingers feeding her over minor dispute.

The hardworking couple went through the stress of bringing her from Nigeria to the UK to help them babysit and keep the home, if she has issues, she should have found a way to table her complaints in a sensible way.

Most of these so-called househelps end up becoming arrogant and disloyal when they start having "london friends".
You are very dumb and wicked. You think the UK is like Nigeria where you treat poor people like shiit and get away it? And tell them to be "grateful"? Human beings have RIGHTS. Get that into your thick, stupid skull, you hear?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 09, 2017
Laralag:

Oga blackbelin it is pple like u who will cont to b enslave becos of few droppings of naira. D couple did not bring her to d uk for a beta life but to be exploited, she is bein paid 20£ 10k weekly, not allowed to dev herself for more than 12years. My brother shame on u for thinking this is a better life.

Back to sender

Some of you don't have enough manners to argue constructively. You have already assumed everything she said is true, are you God?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Boscolo: 5:16pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

So you already believe everything the house help said is true? Fear human beings ooo...

My brother UK, is not Nigeria where our judiciary system and investigation is scrap.
If they are 'clean' as you have said why didn't they open an account for her so that a day like this they ll be able to defend the pay using are account statement.

The law in the land is that any shift/work above ten hours shld be tagged as over time(if is above 10 you must not be mandatory to do it)

My brother let us not allow our mentality to think the allegation against the Dr. Is UN fair.
Even if , I still see some element of slavery in this case

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
You are very dumb and wicked. You think the UK is like Nigeria where you treat poor people like shiit and get away it? And tell them to be "grateful"? Human beings have RIGHTS. Get that into your thick, stupid skull, you hear?

Since you have already concluded that everything she said is true, I pray you don't end up becoming a victim of blackmail. Fish brain.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

I think it serves them right. Don't they have any relation to take to London instead of this ingrate. I am sure the girl must have told a lot of lies to implicate and destroy them. Hope the doctor will not be struck off the register.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Rosskii: 5:18pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

I never called her an ingrate. I said she shouldn't be an ingrate. You should know that those who spent millions in taking her over there would most likely not just give her a mere 20 pounds. Some Nigerians go abroad and try to blackmail people so they can cash out big time.

How the hell do you know they gave her more than 20 pounds? You don't know they are cruel people in this world? Dummy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by UgojiC(m): 5:19pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

I have not concluded I only reacted to your comment. But in all honesty they should have properly documented everything even make the payments through bank account. At 37 years of age I am sure she really wants to settle down or maybe attend school or do something useful with her life or maybe she must have enquirer as to how much other house keeper earn.
There a lot of things still kept under which keeps my finger crossed. But if is true that she was paid £20 per week when others earn such per day, that is the wickedness I will not accept. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
How the hell do you know they gave her more than 20 pounds? You don't know they are cruel people in this world? Dummy.

How the hell do you know they didn't? You assume everything you read is true and think with your emotions. . . Gullible boy.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Rosskii: 5:20pm On May 09, 2017
toyetade:

I think it serves them right. Don't they have any relation to take to London instead of this ingrate. I am sure the girl must have told a lot of lies to implicate and destroy them. Hope the doctor will not be struck off the register.
Wicked pig you. So because they took her to London, she must have no rights to fair treatment? Some of you reason like pure beasts.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 09, 2017
UgojiC:

I have not concluded I only reacted to your comment. But in all honesty they should have properly documented everything even make the payments through bank account. At 37 years of age I am sure she really wants to settle down or maybe attend school or do something useful with her life or maybe she must have enquirer as to how much other house keeper earn.
There a lot of things still kept under which keeps my finger crossed. But if is true that she was paid £20 per week when others earn such per day, that is the wickedness I will not accept. Thanks

This is a better comment. You guys should know that no one is to be trusted. . . Never let your emotions control your sense of judgement and critical analysis.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
Have you heard the other side of the story. London Police are biased against blacks and don't do enough investigation. Did you know what the couple went through to take her to theUK. How did the police conclude they pay her 20pounds a month if there is no record. No bank account.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 09, 2017
Rosskii:
Wicked pig you. So because they took her to London, she must have no rights to fair treatment? Some of you reason like pure beasts.

Dirty swine you! You keep twisting my comment and refuse to use your number 6. Your problem!
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Rosskii: 5:23pm On May 09, 2017
UgojiC:

Per day ke? Bros, even the lowest paid job in the UK pays nothing less than 50 pounds per day. If those animals paid that girl anything less than that, not to mention 20 pounds A WEEK, they deserve LIFE IMPRISONMENT.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Tokziby: 5:26pm On May 09, 2017
blackberlin:

Can u just listen to urself? This is gross inhumanity. Do u really call that a help or taking advantage of the less privileged. She works 18hrs per day and gets paid 20 pounds per week shocked?? She is better of living in Nigeria with a pay of 40k than undertake such a degrading role. Those couple are not different from satan itself. Their own job will pay them nothing less than 20 pounds per hour and they could be earning over 300 pounds per day depending on the hours. So u mean they cant even afford to pay her 100 pounds per week but 20 pounds common man. A baby sitter with no papers in London charges between 10-20 pounds per day depending on the hours. Those couple are the most heartless human being on heart judging from that story. It means they'll pay her 80 pounds per month which will be same as 40k she was earning in Naija earning coupled with extra hours. The current minimum wage in UK is at 7.50 pounds per hour. Even if they want to cheat her to the maximum let them pay her 1 pound per hour and they would have done great.
Lets call a spade a spade not trying to support evil.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 09, 2017
Tokziby:

Can u just listen to urself? This is gross inhumanity. Do u really call that a help or taking advantage of the less privileged. She works 18hrs per day and gets paid 20 pounds per week shocked?? She is better of living in Nigeria with a pay of 40k than undertake such a degrading role. Those couple are not different from satan itself. Their own job will pay them nothing less than 20 pounds per hour and they could be earning over 300 pounds per day depending on the hours. So u mean they cant even afford to pay her 100 pounds per week but 20 pounds common man. A baby sitter with no papers in London charges between 10-20 pounds per day depending on the hours. Those couple are the most heartless human being on heart judging from that story. It means they'll pay her 80 pounds per month which will be same as 40k she was earning in Naija earning coupled with extra hours. The current minimum wage in UK is at 7.50 pounds per hour. Even if they want to cheat her to the maximum let them pay her 1 pound per hour and they would have done great.
Lets call a spade a spade not trying to support evil.

Stop thinking with your emotions brother. Blackmail is real. There's always two sides to a story.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by Rosskii: 5:28pm On May 09, 2017
toyetade:

Have you heard the other side of the story. London Police are biased against blacks and don't do enough investigation. Did you know what the couple went through to take her to the UK.

What did they "go through"? The only reason they took her there was so they could exploit her, and pay her peanuts. Babysitters in the U.K. charge a minimum of 50 pounds PER DAY. Those pigs must have calculated that if they bring their slave to London and pay her 20 pounds a week, she would serve them out of "gratitude", and they would save money on babysitting. They took her there out of sheer greed and wickedness. Surviving on 20 pounds a week in the UK is like asking someone in Nigeria to live on 500 naira a week. Can you do that?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by AlphaStyles(m): 5:28pm On May 09, 2017
una bring her from Nigeria she learnt the rules caused una to be arrested gained her freedom now enjoying oyinbo land

simple

it's not rocket science
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by GambaOsaka: 5:31pm On May 09, 2017
Don't worry , its OK...... you would soon be sent back to the place where they picked you from- where nobody will slap you, and you can sleep from 6pm to 10am.....

Ingrate oshi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Man's Car Tyres Stolen (PHOTOS) / Idongesit Udom, Exxonmobil Staff's Hand Amputated By Kidnappers In Akwa Ibom / Two Nigerian “big Boys” Jailed Over Wire Fraud In The U.S. - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.