Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. (1956 Views)

Enugu State Commission Worldclass Bridge- Pictures / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta / See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by ubikings: 5:38pm On May 09, 2017
Governor Okowa of Delta State Commission OZORO -OLEH ROAD in Ozoro in Osoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by ifex370(m): 5:49pm On May 09, 2017
Where is the road? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by dragonking2: 5:52pm On May 09, 2017
See road. cry cry

Delta State is cursed with useless leaders angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by 9jasite: 6:23pm On May 09, 2017
it's Isoko north....... not Osoko

proudly Isoko (Oyede)
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by oweniwe(m): 9:38pm On May 09, 2017
The guy is actually trying. Cost of road projects in delta state is not beans... Especially from delta central to delta south. If not for inflation, I think he'll do better.

The state government is currently rebuilding Ezhionum-Abbi road which is just about 7 minutes drive ... over 3,000 truck loads of laterite has been dumped on the road .. Only half of the distance has been covered.

If Ibori spends N200m to build a road in 2005... The same road distance will cost okowa about N500m to build today.

Its not easy as people think it is

2 Likes

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by jieta: 10:46pm On May 09, 2017
oweniwe:
The guy is actually trying. Cost of road projects in delta state is not beans... Especially from delta central to delta south. If not for inflation, I think he'll do better.

The state government is currently rebuilding Ezhionum-Abbi road which is just about 7 minutes drive ... over 3,000 truck loads of laterite has been dumped on the road .. Only half of the distance has been covered.

If Ibori spends N200m to build a road in 2005... The same road distance will cost okowa about N500m to build today.

Its not easy as people think it is
if no be say i no like chop ban i for tel you say you dey mad if no be say na crase dey worry you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by MeinKampf: 10:51pm On May 09, 2017
Oleh and ozoro where I run things for a year.. Oleh ozoro road is less than 5km abi which Road the Governor dey commission?
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by oweniwe(m): 11:15pm On May 09, 2017
jieta:
if no be say i no like chop ban i for tel you say you dey mad if no be say na crase dey worry you.

My friend...

Reply facts with facts instead of resorting to crude abusive jargons.

Have you built a gutter before? If it costs average N30m to build a duplex, how much do you think it'll cost to build 5km road in a swampy terrain? How much compensation will be paid (using the township road pix up there as example) if the buildings are demolished for bigger road?

I'm not supporting mediocre projects. The road could be better than the way they built it. But before you criticize... You should factor the costs before you spew trash.

The unfinished sections of the ughelli-Asaba highway... If I tell you it'll cost up to N7bn to finish it... You'll probably go bunkers.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by obailala(m): 12:49am On May 10, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5283585_img3918_jpegd75cde8969406fc5ef0f90798eef2e87

Somebori please tell me the above picture isn't of the road being commissioned... shocked shocked lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by jieta: 11:48pm On May 10, 2017
oweniwe:

My friend...

Reply facts with facts instead of resorting to crude abusive jargons.

Have you built a gutter before? If it costs average N30m to build a duplex, how much do you think it'll cost to build 5km road in a swampy terrain? How much compensation will be paid (using the township road pix up there as example) if the buildings are demolished for bigger road?

I'm not supporting mediocre projects. The road could be better than the way they built it. But before you criticize... You should factor the costs before you spew trash.

The unfinished sections of the ughelli-Asaba
highway... If I tell you it'll cost up to N7bn to finish it... You'll probably go bunkers.
is disappointing that an intelligent and well expose man like you can stripe so low to defend non working Buffon like okowa. any thing that is worth doing is worth doing well, that being said. I don't think this average work there can stand the test of time

your last paragraph does not go down well with me, i believe we have the money is our state if we don't develop it who will even if he use N10bn to finish it head won't roll we have seen more far worst case than this
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by Agimor(m): 12:26am On May 11, 2017
Arrant nonsensical nonsense.
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by oweniwe(m): 12:29am On May 11, 2017
jieta:
i believe we have the money is our state if we don't develop it who will even if he use N10bn to finish it head won't roll we have seen more far worst case than this

That's the problem.

We have the money, but inflation wipes out most of it.

If Delta earns 30 billion monthly... Pays salaries & wages & pensions with 20bn ... Will you use the balance 10bn to build just one fine road? What about other infrastructure crying for attention in the state?

You know most of our construction equipment are imported. Diesel that is used to power d equipment is imported too. Steel rods for drainage, and it may surprise you but Nigeria imports tar too.

If Naira were N150-$1 ... N500m can build you a beautiful road with drainage on both sides.

Petrol used to be N65 ... Is now N150 per litre. The cost of everything has doubled.

So yes.. We have the money... But the money is tissue paper. Standard drainage with sidewalk like those in asaba cost billions to build today... Drainage alone o.

The projects you're seeing in Lagos is being done with debt money. They borrow in dollars. I'm sure you're aware Ibori & Uduaghan issued bonds. Okowa is servicing those debts.

We may have the money... But the money's value is very poor. Abuja airport runway rehabilitation gulped N5.8bn .. 5.8bn on just one small runway. If okowa build a good, but short road for 2billion, people will shout that he is eating money.

Road building is very cost intensive in Delta. You'll have to excavate the loam soil throughout & replace with laterite or sharp sand a meter or 2 above ground level. Its not easy at all.

1 Like

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by MONITZ: 1:46am On May 11, 2017
jieta:

Don't mind that person,the funny thing is he might not even be from the state, does he think we re talking about a banana state? This is an oil-producing state that has allocations running into several billions of naira from the central government minus I. G. R and all the governor has to show is just a very limited stretch of road, the governor is a total misfit for that office and could pass for the most redundant in this dispensation...

Delta state seems to be cursed with a plethora of bad leaders with each successive one trying to be more daft and useless than the previous . Uduaghan came, did his own rubbish and handed over to the misfit to continue with the plundering... No plans, nothing.. They just wait till the end of every month wen the money comes to loot, sit back and wait till the next sharing cones up again, no ideology and economic blue print...

Or Is Lagos state not a part of Nigeria again ? these governors can't just copy that which is good...Site one or two projects in a few L. G. A's then bring all the pressmen,cultural troupes like the ones I see from the shot ,traditional rulers and Wat ve u for the show .
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by oweniwe(m): 7:51am On May 11, 2017
MONITZ:

Don't mind that person,the funny thing is he might not even be from the state, does he think we re talking about a banana state? This is an oil-producing state that has allocations running into several billions of naira from the central government minus I. G. R and all the governor has to show is just a very limited stretch of road, the governor is a total misfit for that office and could pass for the most redundant in this dispensation...

Eh eh. grin

If I'm not in delta or not from Delta, I wouldn't have commented on this thread.

I said I'm not in support of mediocre projects.

But before you criticize, consider the cost factors.

All those billion naira you're hearing might seem big, but when you want to build projects, inflation will wipe out half of the money.

Even that street road up there, the minimum it should cost is N200m.

If Naira were... Say N150-$1 .... Things would be better.

If you think it is so easy to be a governor... Feel free to contest for the 2019 elections... I will vote for you.
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by dumie(f): 8:15am On May 11, 2017
Seen... Delta state has been on auto pilot for a long while now

3 Likes

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by buskie13(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2017
pls,just tell Okowa to pay DLA workers,they've not been paid for over 13 months now
And DLA is a state company
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by Greatken007(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2017
Is Ozoro swampy? Delta state government are use to constructing political roads that will just last for 9 months and they will include it into the coming year's budget.You will see similar roads in Asaba.Even The Devil is scared of these guys.Dem mata na our mata(abegi make i hear word)

1 Like

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by MONITZ: 9:37am On May 11, 2017
oweniwe:

Eh eh. grin

If I'm not in delta or not from Delta, I wouldn't have commented on this thread.

I said I'm not in support of mediocre projects.

But before you criticize, consider the cost factors.

All those billion naira you're hearing might seem big, but when you want to build projects, inflation will wipe out half of the money.

Even that street road up there, the minimum it should cost is N200m.

If Naira were... Say N150-$1 .... Things would be better.

If you think it is so easy to be a governor... Feel free to contest for the 2019 elections... I will vote for you.

GM, re u the governor's publicist? I like the way u re defending him, bt that aside, a lot of these governors don't ve wat it takes to lead an ordinary L. G. A then how much more a state.. The most annoying is that they go cap in hand to the center for money without improving on their I. G. R save Lagos. The job of defending him will become too tedious for u soon when a deluge of complaints abt his weakness and being a misfit start coming. He had wanted to be governor by all means and now he has it, so he shouldn't complain, I was thinking he already had a blueprint on how to turn the state around hence the agitation then.

Well like I said, I like how u ve responded.

1 Like

Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by oweniwe(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2017
MONITZ:

GM, re u the governor's publicist?

No no no no. grin

My community has been begging the state govt to rebuild the road I mentioned earlier (ezionum-abbi road). After communal fights that claimed lives, uduaghan did 1km and ran away.

Ogume-kwale road was so terrible ... Uduaghan did nothing about it.

The first road is being rebuilt from scratch while the second is being rehabilitated.

So... At least, the governor is doing something. Half a loaf is better than none.
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by kpaminose: 10:55am On May 11, 2017
MONITZ:

Delta state seems to be cursed with a plethora of bad leaders with each successive one trying to be more daft and useless than the previous . Uduaghan came, did his own rubbish and handed over to the misfit to continue with the plundering... No plans, nothing.. They just wait till the end of every month wen the money comes to loot, sit back and wait till the next sharing cones up again, no ideology and economic blue print...

Or Is Lagos state not a part of Nigeria again ? these governors can't just copy that which is good...Site one or two projects in a few L. G. A's then bring all the pressmen,cultural troupes like the ones I see from the shot ,traditional rulers and Wat ve u for the show .
Are you not the most foolish one here? What is Lagos State doing that you guys like to hype Lagos governors when they are still ruling but castigate them after their tenure? because that's when all their deeds starts manifesting. Do you have any idea how much it costs to do a little construction in the Deltas? why didn't you respond to that and other points he raised instead of just castigating him?
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by agbangam: 11:35am On May 11, 2017
oweniwe:

No no no no. grin

My community has been begging the state govt to rebuild the road I mentioned earlier (ezionum-abbi road). After communal fights that claimed lives, uduaghan did 1km and ran away.

Ogume-kwale road was so terrible ... Uduaghan did nothing about it.

The first road is being rebuilt from scratch while the second is being rehabilitated.

So... At least, the governor is doing something. Half a loaf is better than none.

Nna m, have u been to Akwa ibom, Rivers or Lagos state Those states are swamp domains but u need to see d quality of work done by Akpabio, Amaechi, Fashola/Ambode. My brother, dem just need to beg Lagos State to Adopt Delta State cos dat road dat Okowa dey do big party for, my street road for Lag better pass am. For Ezonum-Abbi road which is single road has so suffered. It shall never be well wit those rogues in Delta.
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by oweniwe(m): 2:04pm On May 11, 2017
agbangam:

Nna m, have u been to Akwa ibom, Rivers or Lagos state Those states are swamp domains but u need to see d quality of work done by Akpabio, Amaechi, Fashola/Ambode. My brother, dem just need to beg Lagos State to Adopt Delta State cos dat road dat Okowa dey do big party for, my street road for Lag better pass am. For Ezonum-Abbi road which is single road has so suffered. It shall never be well wit those rogues in Delta.

You're right about akpabio. When I was in sec schools, my dad sometimes took me along to construction sites... Those riverine bridges Ibori built.

I have been wondering why no governor has been able to replicate same feat since then.
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by kpaminose: 2:14pm On May 11, 2017
agbangam:

Lagos has never had good governors. Only overrated governors. Talk about Akwa Ibom and Cross River during Donald Duke. I agree.
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by MONITZ: 2:17pm On May 11, 2017
kpaminose:
Are you not the most foolish one here? What is Lagos State doing that you guys like to hype Lagos governors when they are still ruling but castigate them after their tenure? because that's when all their deeds starts manifesting. Do you have any idea how much it costs to do a little construction in the Deltas? why didn't you respond to that and other points he raised instead of just castigating him?

I blame ur stupid and wretched father for birthing an idiot like u.. Since u can't put ur points across without resorting to foul words. Gravitate the gravel because I don't suffer fools gladly....
Re: Governor Okowa Of Delta State Commission Oleh-ozoro Road. by kpaminose: 2:19pm On May 11, 2017
MONITZ:

I blame ur stupid and wretched father for birthing an idiot like u.. Since u can't put ur points across without resorting to foul words. Gravitate the gravel because I don't suffer fools gladly....
I only paid you back in your old coins. But I chose to pay you back in larger quantity.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Wikipedia Update / Niger Delta youths reacts to Army to launch Operation Crocodile smile in S'South / Where Is Nnamdi Kanu - Yahoo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.